You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

Brexit

Comments

• Options
    HAYSIEHAYSIE Member Posts: 32,926
    tomgoodun said:

Quite a few ( Not all) leave voters voted to curb immigration.
    Listening to a ‘Gent’ on the radio the other day made me wonder what type of education some have.
    He voted leave to stop the Pakistanis and Muslims from coming.....

There were many reasons for voting leave, the vast majority were incorrect.
  • Options
    yesroyyesroy Member Posts: 79
    Why did they even have a brexit vote before there were clear stategies in place for either outcome? And the one that did the brexit vote simply quit his job and now earns money for public speaking and he left the brexit in this mess for everyone. And they promised £350 million on the news so why must they lie?
  • Options
    David Cameron called the referendum not even dreaming that leave would win. He didn't have a contingency plan and left the day after the result.
    Many problems have arisen since the vote not nobody thought of prior to it.

Some interesting quotes at the time.

But the former European commissioner and Labour cabinet minister Lord Mandelson told the BBC that Mr Cameron was putting forward a "completely bogus and rather phoney set of demands and circumstances" designed to appease critics in his party.

Shadow foreign secretary Douglas Alexander added: "We understand the need for change but I don't honestly believe the best way to get change in a club of 27 is to stand at the exit door demanding change or threatening to leave.

Former Labour Prime Minister Tony Blair said it was a worrying that the UK had put its departure from the EU "on the table".
    He told BBC Radio 4's The World at One: "It reminds me a bit of the Mel Brooks comedy Blazing Saddles where the sheriff, at one point during it, holds a gun to his own head and says: 'If you don't do what I want I'll blow my brains out.' - you want to watch that one of the 26 (other EU members) don't say just go ahead."

Lib Dem leader Nick Clegg, who is also deputy prime minister, said "years of uncertainty" caused by a future referendum would hit jobs and growth and this "was not in the national interest".

And former Lib Dem leader Charles Kennedy told the BBC he could not see his party agreeing to a referendum if the Conservatives failed to win a majority at the next election and approached it to form another coalition.
  • Options
    How Cameron blew it.

ONDON — Jeremy Corbyn never budged. Not even Barack Obama could have convinced the Labour leader to help David Cameron make the case against Brexit.
    Less than a month before the historic EU referendum, the team assembled by Cameron to keep Britain in the European Union was worried about wavering Labour voters and frustrated by the opposition leader’s lukewarm support. Remain campaign operatives floated a plan to convince Corbyn to make a public gesture of cross-party unity by appearing in public with the prime minister. Polling showed this would be the “number one” play to reach Labour voters.

Senior staff from the campaign “begged” Corbyn to do a rally with the prime minister, according to a senior source who was close to the Remain campaign. Corbyn wanted nothing to do with the Tory leader, no matter what was at stake. Gordon Brown, the Labour prime minister whom Cameron vanquished in 2010, was sent to plead with Corbyn to change his mind. Corbyn wouldn’t. Senior figures in the Remain camp, who included Cameron’s trusted communications chief Craig Oliver and Jim Messina, President Obama’s campaign guru, were furious.
    Even at more basic levels of campaigning, Labour were refusing to cooperate. The party would not share its voter registration lists with Stronger In, fearing the Tories would steal the information for the next general election. “Our data is our data,” one senior Labour source said when asked about the allegation.

https://www.politico.eu/article/how-david-cameron-lost-brexit-eu-referendum-prime-minister-campaign-remain-boris-craig-oliver-jim-messina-obama/
  • Options
    yesroy said:

Why did they even have a brexit vote before there were clear stategies in place for either outcome? And the one that did the brexit vote simply quit his job and now earns money for public speaking and he left the brexit in this mess for everyone. And they promised £350 million on the news so why must they lie?

There should be another vote, when we know what the deal is.
  • Options
    goldongoldon Member Posts: 8,621
    HAYSIE said:

goldon said:

You can't see the Wood for the Tree's but the Majority did.

I have reached a decision.
    I have decided that in the best interests of the people that wish to use this forum to debate their ideas, that I intend to ignore your silly posts.
    It appears that trying to solicit some reasonable thought from you, by replying to your gibberish and nonsense, has only encouraged you to produce more idiotic posts.

You, of course have the right to continue to post this absolute garbage, but secure in the knowledge that I for one will not be reading, or replying to it.

ps. if they are supposed to be funny, take it from me, the overwhelming majority aren't.
    You invite response then because you don't agree with their view you call them Idiots.
    When you're challenged about this you want to hit the ignore button.

Not very Democratic or polite no wonder I'm the only challenger here. Your Thread is flawed.
  • Options
    hhyftrftdrhhyftrftdr Member Posts: 8,036
    goldon said:

HAYSIE said:

goldon said:

You can't see the Wood for the Tree's but the Majority did.

I have reached a decision.
    I have decided that in the best interests of the people that wish to use this forum to debate their ideas, that I intend to ignore your silly posts.
    It appears that trying to solicit some reasonable thought from you, by replying to your gibberish and nonsense, has only encouraged you to produce more idiotic posts.

You, of course have the right to continue to post this absolute garbage, but secure in the knowledge that I for one will not be reading, or replying to it.

ps. if they are supposed to be funny, take it from me, the overwhelming majority aren't.
    You invite response then because you don't agree with their view you call them Idiots.
    When you're challenged about this you want to hit the ignore button.

Not very Democratic or polite no wonder I'm the only challenger here. Your Thread is flawed.
    If you constantly post idiotic stuff, don't act surprised when you get called an idiot.
  • Options
    HAYSIE said:

Jac35 said:

HAYSIE said:

goldon said:

Your Argument to remain is very "Haysie" years of decline said leave.

I am being completely serious, not taking the mickey, or trying to embarrass you, but as a leave voter, forgetting about the rhetoric, could you name one aspect of your life that you expect to improve after we leave?
    @goldon

You’re not normally shy
    Hes gone very quiet.
    Think that was "Invite" to post. Wish to retract it now. !
  • Options
    tomgooduntomgoodun Member Posts: 3,742
    Think that was "Invite" to post - Reasons for voting leave
    Still no answer.....
  • Options
    Please tell me what you would like to hear because you don't like my replies so far.
  • Options
    EssexphilEssexphil Member Posts: 8,284
    goldon said:

Please tell me what you would like to hear because you don't like my replies so far.

Some form of simple reasoned thought would be a start :)
    Yesroy managed it...
  • Options
    tomgoodun said:

It is hardly surprising that Goldon seems to be a staunch supporter of the Hungarian President

The EU has struggled to respond as Orban’s Fidesz government has used two election victories to pass a new constitution and reshape Hungary according to its will. Critics say it has eroded judicial independence and appointed staunch loyalists to key positions. It has turned state-owned media into a propaganda machine, and helped loyal oligarchs buy up most independent media. Since Orban built razor-wire border fences in 2015 to keep out refugees from Syria and the Middle East, moreover, his nationalism has become even harder-edged.

Strangely the Conservative MEPs voted against the motion to sanction him in the EU parliament.
  • Options
    Essexphil said:

goldon said:

Yesroy managed it...

The simple answer ...... don't think the EU benefited the UK.

• Options
    Australia set the bench mark with years of not being in the EU

so hope for us when we leave.
  • Options
    hhyftrftdrhhyftrftdr Member Posts: 8,036
    goldon said:

Essexphil said:

goldon said:

Yesroy managed it...

Care to elaborate?
  • Options
    goldon said:

goldon said:

skip, hop, jump spend your money here in UK support the UK don't be Hamilton
  • Options
  • Options

goldon said:

Essexphil said:

goldon said:

Yesroy managed it...

Care to elaborate?
    You fell for it.
  • Options
    Isnt it really embarrassing when someone thinks they are entertaining, when they really, really aren't.
  • Options
    Bad loser all ways blame others