You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

SPT Glasgow Live Update

12345679»

Comments

• Options
    Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 163,198

The Main Event heads up continues, no big on big stuff, just small pot poker mainly.

Stand Up Bloke is steadily gaining the upper hand, & currently has 6 million of the 8 million in play.

Blinds are 70,000-14,000. (No antes HU).
  • Options

It's approaching 2am now, so they have been playing 13 hours, & these 2 guys are still heads up.

Bad Back Iqbal has exactly that - compressed discs in his spine or similar, so can't easily sit, so he's been stood the whole 13 hours. Tall bloke, too.

Not sure I've previously ever seen someone stand for an entire poker Tournament.

• Options

And just like that, at 0220, it's all over, when Ryan (K-J) runs into Bad Back's Aces.

• Options

So, the runner-up is Ryan McCay, & he collects £10,450.
  • Options

And our winner is Majid Iqbal, who nets a handsome £16,950

• Options
    Jac35Jac35 Member Posts: 6,486
    edited October 2018
    Tikay10 said:

2nd break of the afternoon after 6 levels, & after starting the day with around 90 runners, we are down to......27.

We could be home by midnight at this rate.

Nice bok
  • Options
    madprofmadprof Member Posts: 3,354
    Thank you Sky another great SPT!

Thanks to TK, Sky James and Doug and his team

Thank you Glasgow for the overnight contraction of a building which accurately portrays my chip profile on the final day!

https://cdn.theculturetrip.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/02/riverside-museum-1024x682.jpg
  • Options
    madprofmadprof Member Posts: 3,354
    Construction...can't type drunk

Also I forgot to formally thank my poker coach @fredsgirl ( @goldenballz) for her focussed session Saturday before the final day

" You're a sh it player, don't know how you managed to do it, but now Prof, don't f uck it up..." Thanks Paula

• Options
    NChanningNChanning Member Posts: 857
    Great updates as ever Tikay...just had a read through. I definitely have never played with anyone who stood up to play more than the odd hand. He also was down to about 1 bb at one stage and had left the table thinking he was out and needed to be called back when there were about 100 players left. Amazing comeback.

If you've never been to an SPT you really should try one. I found the local players in Glasgow to be more welcoming than maybe any leg...it felt like they were glad that we'd included Scotland in our tour and in order to thank us they made the effort to play. Some of the players are people who play much bigger events normally but they came to support as they were glad the circus came to their town.
  • Options
    blucky1958blucky1958 Member Posts: 10
    Tikay10 said:

All sorts of folks turn up at these SPT's, these three lads were seen at SPT Brighton recently.

The fella doing the talking is - obviously - Neil Channing, the Sky Poker Ambassador, the somewhat rotund chap with the beard is MTT hotpot Matt Bates, & the young boy is James, the Sky Poker office junior.

whats the lastest from glasgow heard 10 left

• Options
    blucky1958blucky1958 Member Posts: 10
    whats the latest can we get updates please heard only 10 left
  • Options
    lucy4lucy4 Member Posts: 7,312
  • Options
  • Options

I'm going to close this thread as otherwise things will get mighty confusing, as it 6 years old...
This discussion has been closed.