You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Taking our Jobs.

Comments

• dobiesdrawdobiesdraw Member Posts: 2,793
    I witnessed some of these conditions over 3 different venues. The accommodation you wouldn't use as a dog kennel , the work itself looked backbreaking , the hours were long and the breaks few , and I talked to several people who astounded me , with the level of money that was being deducted from their wages . I could go into a lot more detail , but whats the point when people only want to see one very narrow side of an issue. And with that in mind , that's me done with with the subject .
  • goldongoldon Member Posts: 8,878

I witnessed some of these conditions over 3 different venues. The accommodation you wouldn't use as a dog kennel , the work itself looked backbreaking , the hours were long and the breaks few , and I talked to several people who astounded me , with the level of money that was being deducted from their wages . I could go into a lot more detail , but whats the point when people only want to see one very narrow side of an issue. And with that in mind , that's me done with with the subject .

Putting my Puppies in those conditions is against the "Law" have the R,S.P.C.A. after you. Grrrrrrrrr!
  • HAYSIEHAYSIE Member Posts: 35,047
    edited February 2019

The title of this thread referred to the fact that there are a number of people in this country, think that immigrants are taking their jobs.
    Some even think that they are taking their jobs, and not working.
    These were opinions that particularly affected the Brexit vote.
    It wasn't meant to be about the working conditions that some immigrants are forced to tolerate. Poor working conditions don't only apply to immigrants, and many have reasonably well paid jobs in the NHS for instance.
    You cant argue that all immigrants have poor working conditions, nor that they are all taking British peoples jobs.
    This would be impossible to justify when taking into account the employment stats that you were quoting on the Brexit thread.
    You can go back to the 70s and people had similar views, before Freedom of Movement was even thought of.
    The 2010 video showed the reality of the situation, where many of those that were claiming their jobs were being stolen, weren't showing a great enthusiasm for work.
    Opinions will not have changed much today, yet we have record employment in this country.
    You can only blame our successive Governments for failing to protect workers rights.
    The EU have done an awful lot in this area, which Lord Snooty has said he is in favour of cutting back on, post Brexit.
    Any workers being abused, is just wrong, and should be stopped.
  • rainman215rainman215 Member Posts: 1,186
    HAYSIE said:

The title of this thread referred to the fact that there are a number of people in this country, think that immigrants are taking their jobs.
    Some even think that they are taking their jobs, and not working.
    These were opinions that particularly affected the Brexit vote.
    It wasn't meant to be about the working conditions that some immigrants are forced to tolerate. Poor working conditions don't only apply to immigrants, and many have reasonably well paid jobs in the NHS for instance.
    You cant argue that all immigrants have poor working conditions, nor that they are all taking British peoples jobs.
    This would be impossible to justify when taking into account the employment stats that you were quoting on the Brexit thread.
    You can go back to the 70s and people had similar views, before Freedom of Movement was even thought of.
    The 2010 video showed the reality of the situation, where many of those that were claiming their jobs were being stolen, weren't showing a great enthusiasm for work.
    Opinions will not have changed much today, yet we have record employment in this country.
    You can only blame our successive Government for failing to protect workers rights.
    The EU have done an awful lot in this area, which Lord Snooty has said he is in favour of cutting back on, post Brexit.
    Any workers being abused, is just wrong, and should be stopped.
    Not true.
  • hhyftrftdrhhyftrftdr Member Posts: 8,036
    Tikay10 said:

Type your comment

HAYSIE said:

Tikay10 said:

"Foreigners coming over & taking our jobs & they are not even working".

The second one is good although its lasts an hour.
    It is a Newsnight experiment.
    They take 12 people that have been claiming that they our taking our jobs, and give them a trial to see how they do.
    Four of them are given jobs in an Indian restaurant.
    On day one three of them fail to turn up.
    The one that turns up is in his twenties, but cant knot a tie.
    Overall it doesn't go that well.
    I tried to watch the 2nd one, but it was too much for me. I simply can't get my head round the irrational dislike of those from other countries, & I never will.

Well said.
  • goldongoldon Member Posts: 8,878
    nasty people are nasty what ever Country they come from, easy to get your head round that.!
    goldon said:

nasty people are nasty what ever Country they come from, easy to get your head round that.!

The asparagus pickers looked extremely dangerous.
    HAYSIE said:

goldon said:

The asparagus pickers looked extremely dangerous.
    Goldon never mentioned the asparagus pickers.

Well on the topic of infrastructure and immigration ...here is quite a lengthy detailed article :
    https://www.migrationwatchuk.org/key-topics/public-services-infrastructure

Migration Watch RETRACTS report claiming immigration could increase after Brexit
    The think-tank withdrew its report on the day it was published, admitting there was an "error" in its calculation

"There was an error in the calculations which was unfortunately overlooked at the final stages of preparation.
    "We apologise for the error and will rectify it in the course of producing a revised version."

The statement did not give details of which figures are affected by the error.
    The Home Office had earlier contested the report's claims, describing them as "inaccurate and untrue".

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/politics/migration-watch-retracts-report-claiming-13996031
  • dobiesdrawdobiesdraw Member Posts: 2,793
    HAYSIE said:

Well on the topic of infrastructure and immigration ...here is quite a lengthy detailed article :

Migration Watch RETRACTS report claiming immigration could increase after Brexit
    The think-tank withdrew its report on the day it was published, admitting there was an "error" in its calculation

"There was an error in the calculations which was unfortunately overlooked at the final stages of preparation.
    "We apologise for the error and will rectify it in the course of producing a revised version."

The Home Office had earlier contested the report's claims, describing them as "inaccurate and untrue".

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/politics/migration-watch-retracts-report-claiming-13996031
    This doesn't relate to the report I referenced , but a Brexit one . So they admitted there was something wrong with the figures on this particular report and pulled it ...hang them for being honest about it and retracting. It's more disturbing , that you actually read the Daily mirror !
    edited February 2019

HAYSIE said:

This doesn't relate to the report I referenced , but a Brexit one . So they admitted there was something wrong with the figures on this particular report and pulled it ...hang them for being honest about it and retracting. It's more disturbing , that you actually read the Daily mirror !
    They retracted the report after it was pointed out to them that their figures were wrong, and untrue. Therefore not necessarily reliable.

Is Immigration needed if British people won’t do tough jobs?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nFrtZvGN9A8
    An absolute Classic.

**** foreigners taking our jobs !!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WX_JGtfBUDc
    UK restaurant jobs unfilled as EU workers leave

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3nJUpTrjbls
    edited February 2019
    HAYSIE said:

How about this why dont they pay a living wage, instead of the minimum wage ?
  • tomgooduntomgoodun Member Posts: 3,751

HAYSIE said:

I would suggest that’s a different argument/ topic
    Are you suggesting if they paid a “Living Wage” they would be flooded with applications?
    My Daughter works in a care home and is paid minimum wage, the staff there are mostly non English.
    edited February 2019
    tomgoodun said:

HAYSIE said:

I would suggest that’s a different argument/ topic
    Are you suggesting if they paid a “Living Wage” they would be flooded with applications?
    My Daughter works in a care home and is paid minimum wage, the staff there are mostly non English.
    Not a different argument, its a solution.
    Not flooded but ample applicants to fill posts.