You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Taking our Jobs.

1234568»

Comments

• rainman215rainman215 Member Posts: 1,186
    HAYSIE said:

HAYSIE said:

Still waiting for which question you would like answered haysie.

You may not have noticed but I did it myself.
    You posted a video, and made a sarcastic comment regarding quotas of migrants.
    The comment was incorrect on two counts.
    Firstly, our Government has no need to refuse the quotas, because we wont be getting any, we were opted out of them, so we would not have been affected by any quotas.
    Secondly, despite your claims to the contrary, it seems that you aren't conversant with the differing categories of immigration. The quotas refer to asylum seekers, rather than migrants, which is what you posted.

As we are in the UK, and are unaffected by these quotas, you must question why anyone who was aware of this might have posted the video in the first place.

I have answered the question once, but you didn't appear to notice.

If we had a government like Hungary or Poland who refuse to take the eu quota of migrants.

rainman215 Posts: 1,132Member
    February 14
    HAYSIE said:
    Many people unfortunately fail to see the difference between, asylum seekers, EU migrants, non EU migrants, illegal immigrants, and foreign students, or the contributions they make to our country.

I would think that the majority are not in favour of illegal immigration, and would question the contribution they make, as the illegal nature of their status makes any contribution virtually impossible.

Many people group all categories together, think that they are all unwelcome job thieves etc, despite the economic contribution they make.

Another sweeping statement with no proof.
    An asylum seeker should claim asylum in the first safe country, so in all cases that wont be GREAT BRITAIN , if they are trying to get to get here then, they are economic refugees.
    The rules of asylum seekers were deemed unfair to some EU countries which was the reason they discussed quotas.
    I think that you will find that we had around 26,000 asylum seekers last year.
    We opted out of the EU quotas, so they are irrelevant to us.
    As is a video on this topic, and the claim that our Government should be like that of Poland or Hungary because they refused to take their quota. We didn't have a quota.
    You appear to not understand the difference between economic refugees and asylum seekers.
  • HAYSIEHAYSIE Member Posts: 35,047

HAYSIE said:

HAYSIE said:

Still waiting for which question you would like answered haysie.

You may not have noticed but I did it myself.
    You posted a video, and made a sarcastic comment regarding quotas of migrants.
    The comment was incorrect on two counts.
    Firstly, our Government has no need to refuse the quotas, because we wont be getting any, we were opted out of them, so we would not have been affected by any quotas.
    Secondly, despite your claims to the contrary, it seems that you aren't conversant with the differing categories of immigration. The quotas refer to asylum seekers, rather than migrants, which is what you posted.

As we are in the UK, and are unaffected by these quotas, you must question why anyone who was aware of this might have posted the video in the first place.

I have answered the question once, but you didn't appear to notice.

If we had a government like Hungary or Poland who refuse to take the eu quota of migrants.

rainman215 Posts: 1,132Member
    February 14
    HAYSIE said:
    Many people unfortunately fail to see the difference between, asylum seekers, EU migrants, non EU migrants, illegal immigrants, and foreign students, or the contributions they make to our country.

I would think that the majority are not in favour of illegal immigration, and would question the contribution they make, as the illegal nature of their status makes any contribution virtually impossible.

Many people group all categories together, think that they are all unwelcome job thieves etc, despite the economic contribution they make.

Another sweeping statement with no proof.
    An asylum seeker should claim asylum in the first safe country, so in all cases that wont be GREAT BRITAIN , if they are trying to get to get here then, they are economic refugees.
    The rules of asylum seekers were deemed unfair to some EU countries which was the reason they discussed quotas.
    I think that you will find that we had around 26,000 asylum seekers last year.
    We opted out of the EU quotas, so they are irrelevant to us.
    As is a video on this topic, and the claim that our Government should be like that of Poland or Hungary because they refused to take their quota. We didn't have a quota.
    You appear to not understand the difference between economic refugees and asylum seekers.
    By how much are asylum applications increasing?
    There were some 29,000 applications for asylum in the UK last year, the highest number in a decade.
    Total applications for asylum rose by 4,700 between September 2014 and September 2015 compared with the year before. It was the largest number since 2005, when there were 30,314.
  • goldongoldon Member Posts: 8,878
    edited February 2019
    Oops! Wrong thread sry