You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

The Edges £100 to £1000 challenge.

Comments

• Options
    TheEdge949TheEdge949 Member Posts: 5,460
    Well the decision as to whether I stop work has been taken out of my hands. despite takeaways being allowed to remain open my boss has decided to pull the plug for the time being so as of Monday morning I shall, after taking my amazing missus to have her injections, be joining her in isolation.

As her carer its the sensible thing to do (she is in the "highly at risk" category due to several underlying health problems. Which, whilst on their own are sometimes unpleasant but not life threatening, would if she was to contract the infection become extremely dangerous) and therefore its 3 months of playing who snaps first.

Now as my work was only part time my situation is not as serious as for many out there and so whilst I shall certainly be playing much more it is with no expectation of using poker to try to make up the shortfall.

That being said I have decided that from Monday I shall be taking 35% of any profit and leaving the rest on the bankroll. This is more of an experiment into how I adjust to a more disciplined approach and what if any effect it has on my play.

I am not playing with tough money and therefore winning whilst nice is not a must ( I will still have the rent, food money, gas and leccy etc) but, I also wonder if the current situation will lead to more traffic, bigger fields and softer/ harder opponents.

Its an experiment with myself, should be fun.

Got a story coming soon, which hopefully you will find amusing.

Til next time.

Rungood, have fun, stay safe yeah.

Mark

• Options
    Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 163,250

This thread somehow evaded me since earlier in the week.

Well done on those 2 results, this might be a good time to bink a few bob extra.

Sorry to hear about the job. This whole think sucks so much.

Take care Mark.
  • Options
    cerysanc04cerysanc04 Member Posts: 10

Well you really couldn't write it. The first tourney after reloading the bankroll and I bink the 23.15 deepy for £41 and change.

Great final table with plenty of interaction with the likes of @dellis who came 2nd @cerysanc04, who took 3rd and @brunoboy51 who played a shortish stack like a boss for 4th. Other final table finishers were @pappa1949 and @Col33. GG all and hope to lock horns again very soon.

Well off to bed now as its almost 3.30

Til next time.

Rungood, have fun, and smash it.

Mark

Ty lucky pants well played.
  • Options
    Thanks for the big up lucky pants very well played and well done.
  • Options
    Day 3 in the big isolation house and wtf has happened to the poker ?

Insane fields and wild speculation abound as the number of moronic plays goes through the roof.

Relax I'm not talking about Sky although numbers do seem to be up in the tourneys I play. Whilst the £50 starting bal is slightly reduced its the other 3 sites I play on that have seen maniacal swings. Stars deposited $30 busto, Party deposited $30 busto. 888 deposited $30 current bal $103.

This is in micro stakes ie. less than $3.30 tourneys, both mtt and sng, no cash, no spin n go etc.

Was reading an article by an online pro who said that this could almost be a reversal to the early days when savvy players could almost print money as many degens will punt it off at poker coz there's nothing else to bet on.

Don't know if this is true but I'm thinking a reload of the 2 busted accounts might be worth a look and will probably decide this weekend.

On other matters just heard that a church collegue has been diagnosed with mid stage pancreatic cancer. The hospital wont treat him as they say the risks posed by Covid-19 should he stay in hospital are more dangerous to immediate loss of life than his condition.

I really hope you are all staying safe, staying sane and keeping a perspective.

May God bless you all.

Sincerely,

Mark
  • Options
    mumsiemumsie Member Posts: 7,537
    Sorry to hear about your church collegue Mark.

Ive noticed an influx of players that seem to have little experience with online poker over the last few days.

You have to adjust a little , more value betting with made hands, less bluffing.

Protect your roll.

I have noticed you limp/call a lot at the tables this could be costing you money and tournie finishing positions
  • Options
    EssexphilEssexphil Member Posts: 8,368
    mumsie said:

Sorry to hear about your church collegue Mark.

Ive noticed an influx of players that seem to have little experience with online poker over the last few days.

You have to adjust a little , more value betting with made hands, less bluffing.

Protect your roll.

I have noticed you limp/call a lot at the tables this could be costing you money and tournie finishing positions

Reminds me of the first piece of advice I was ever given:-

Not saying never limp. But if you haven't considered raising, then make sure you consider folding...

Good luck
  • Options
    GlenelgGlenelg Member Posts: 6,579
    Pretty sure i rem @Tikay10 say on 861 that you should either raise or fold? Enjoying the read\ride.
    David?
  • Options
    EssexphilEssexphil Member Posts: 8,368
    Glenelg said:

Pretty sure i rem @Tikay10 say on 861 that you should either raise or fold? Enjoying the read\ride.
    David?

Having seen him play live, pretty sure it was "either fold or fold"... :D
  • Options
    gpc70gpc70 Member Posts: 1,997
    lol
  • Options

Well you really couldn't write it. The first tourney after reloading the bankroll and I bink the 23.15 deepy for £41 and change.

Great final table with plenty of interaction with the likes of @dellis who came 2nd @cerysanc04, who took 3rd and @brunoboy51 who played a shortish stack like a boss for 4th. Other final table finishers were @pappa1949 and @Col33. GG all and hope to lock horns again very soon.

Well off to bed now as its almost 3.30

Til next time.

Rungood, have fun, and smash it.

Mark

• Options
    Taken the money from 888 and ran. I have 22 tourney tokens which I'm going to play on there and then its adios to that site.

Will reload on Stars using the 888 money once its cleared, likewise Party. Really hate the graphics and the way the game runs on there so Im playing the freebies and tokens only.

As for Sky well, I'm not going to go down that road for fear Ill morph into misterpj.

Suffice to say I'll just keep embracing the variance and surviving the ride and I'm sure I can get back on top of my game.

Gotta go, the wife is calling.

Laters.

Mark.

"YES DEAR IM COMING WHAT IS IT NOW"
  • Options

You are one special guy, Mark.

Take care mate.
  • Options
    mumsiemumsie Member Posts: 7,537
    Cheers Mark. Good luck , stay safe and see you soon.
  • Options
    MAXALLYMAXALLY Member Posts: 17,562
    Take care Mark. Stay safe. Keep up the good work off forum too. Good man.
  • Options
    waller02waller02 Member Posts: 9,039
    Don't be a stranger though Mark, love your stories.

Look after yourself mate.
  • Options
    The Edgeman is back playing starting with tonights mini and the Orfy.

Really looking forward to it. Havent played on here since April 6 and raring to go.

I'll probably be out of both by 9pm.
  • Options
    MAXALLYMAXALLY Member Posts: 17,562

The Edgeman is back playing starting with tonights mini and the Orfy.

Really looking forward to it. Havent played on here since April 6 and raring to go.

I'll probably be out of both by 9pm.

Good Luck mate. Oh...you carnt go out, so stay in ;)
  • Options

GL tonight Mark.