You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

The Edges £100 to £1000 challenge.

Comments

• Options
    tomgooduntomgoodun Member Posts: 3,730
    Sorry Mark, I’ve just caught up with your plight.
    Echo the sentiments above, you are a good man, and a guiding light in times of darkness .
    Please don’t be too hard on yourself.
    I may be being selfish as well, as I need you to keep praying for my loved ones. Tc.
  • Options
    cenachavcenachav Member Posts: 2,681

cenachav said:

Thinking that doesn't make you a bad Christian or bad person. It just makes you human. My ex father in law is a preacher, if you want me to ask him to say a few prayers for them then just let me know.

Stay safe.

Mark

I will always take prayer for myself thank you Mark. Sometimes I think that I'm so busy trying to pray for others I forget to ask for my own requirements.

If he would say a prayer for me then that would be wonderful. Thank you for your kind offer, I know its not easy putting stuff like this on a forum.

Mark
    Request sent. Take care
  • Options
    TheEdge949TheEdge949 Member Posts: 5,295
    Didn't manage to play much today as real life kinda got in the way but was able to settle in for a couple of hours.

0.28 dym played 2 won 1 lost 1
    0.55 dym played 3 won 2 lost 1
    1.10 dym played 8 won 5 lost 3

1.10 rebuy staked 3.10 xxxx
    £1k freeroll £3.00
    0.55 micro xxxx
    1.10 deep £2.99

Total Staked £15.76
    Total Return £18.49

P/L + £2.73

Starting bal £230.03
    current bal £242.91

Well its hardly the stuff to get seasoned players trembling but today actually resembled something of an improvement. The dyms were interspersed with the mtts in the main and that's why I didn't play many.

The mtts were really enjoyable, I fell just sort of the money in the rebuy, scored in both the freeroll and the cheap stack and really should have converted from 12,000 chips in the micro.

What this diary is doing is forcing me to have discipline in both my play and my attitude to playing. I don't expect it to lead to any great profit but that's not the fundamental part. If after the 6 months I can be within 40% either way of my starting balance I will be happy.

Should I make a real profit the great but this is about handling the downswings without busting the bankroll.

Wont be able to play much tomorrow as I've got errands, shopping and then starting back to work, might be able to late reg the 21.15 deep and maybe play a few dym.

Have a great Friday folks.

Mark.

• Options
    CammykazeCammykaze Member Posts: 1,397
    edited June 2020
    All good stuff mate.

Your doing great!

Cammy
  • Options
    tomgoodun said:

Sorry Mark, I’ve just caught up with your plight.
    Echo the sentiments above, you are a good man, and a guiding light in times of darkness .
    Please don’t be too hard on yourself.
    I may be being selfish as well, as I need you to keep praying for my loved ones. Tc.

How did you do in the omaha hi lo earlier Tom?
  • Options
    Get back to work @TheEdge949 :*
  • Options
    thedazzmanthedazzman Member Posts: 935

What this diary is doing is forcing me to have discipline in both my play and my attitude to playing. I don't expect it to lead to any great profit but that's not the fundamental part. If after the 6 months I can be within 40% either way of my starting balance I will be happy.

Should I make a real profit the great but this is about handling the downswings without busting the bankroll.

You are in the exact same boat as me regarding creating a diary. I am now into my 4th week and I can really feel it makes all the difference.

Again, I wish you all the luck and hope the profit keeps coming.

I also want to echo the sentiments of other users about your recent news and feelings. I never feel right giving out advice in people's times of need, I always think what if I say something silly and make things worse. But I am definitely thinking about you and hope everything turns out for the best.

See you at the tables
  • Options
    Hi all.

Got in from work too late to really get a dym session going so decided to watch some cricket highlights of Ben Stokes putting the Aussies to the sword whilst sipping a cold one.

About 45 minutes later I decided to play the 23.15 deep stack.

Anyhoo long story short managed a 3rd place for £33.20.

Happy days.

So its a really short summation today.

2.20 deep £33.20

Total Staked £2.20
    Total returns £33.20

P/L + £31.00

Starting balance £230.03
    Current balance £273.91

Not playing much tomorrow either with family and work, but maybe get a couple of hours.

Have a great weekend.

Mark
  • Options
    edited June 2020

Hi all.

Got in from work too late to really get a dym session going so decided to watch some cricket highlights of Ben Stokes putting the Aussies to the sword whilst sipping a cold one.

About 45 minutes later I decided to play the 23.15 deep stack.

Anyhoo long story short managed a 3rd place for £33.20.

Happy days.

So its a really short summation today.

2.20 deep £33.20

Total Staked £2.20
    Total returns £33.20

P/L + £31.00

Starting balance £230.03
    Current balance £273.91

Not playing much tomorrow either with family and work, but maybe get a couple of hours.

Have a great weekend.

Mark

Good score!

Have a good weekend with either family/work and/or poker :)

Cammy
  • Options

You are in the exact same boat as me regarding creating a diary. I am now into my 4th week and I can really feel it makes all the difference.

Again, I wish you all the luck and hope the profit keeps coming.

I also want to echo the sentiments of other users about your recent news and feelings. I never feel right giving out advice in people's times of need, I always think what if I say something silly and make things worse. But I am definitely thinking about you and hope everything turns out for the best.

See you at the tables
    Should really be having a look at more diaries for a bit of inspiration. 3 or 4 days in and feels like I have had a tepid start. Look forward to getting it into some sort of swing.

The issue at the moment is...... who's diary should I read first :blush:

Decisions, decisions!

Cammy
  • Options
    Well now then, as I only played 3 dym on Saturday before life interfered with my mellow, I thought I may as well include them with Sundays summary.

What to say about Sunday evening, hmm, tables freezing, refusing to tile, system seemingly taken over by the little green people. As I commented in the chat during the 19.15 deep stack, it was akin to playing poker whilst on acid. Between constantly refreshing and trying to tile I would guess that I missed about 20 hands over the course of 4 hours.

As far as the actual poker went. I experienced my first negative session but not by much and even had the commiserations of a certain misterpj as he witnessed my turned nut straight get smashed as the villain boated up on the river.

So on to the stats.

2.20 dym played 1 won 0 lost 1
    1.10 dym played 8 won 7 lost 1
    0.55 dym played 6 won 3 lost 3
    0.28 dym played 2 won 1 lost 1

1.10 rebuy 3.10 staked xxxx
    0.55 micro xxxx
    1.10 deep xxxx
    2.20 deep xxxx

Total Stakes £21.81
    Total Return £17.50

P/L - £4.31

Starting bal £230.03
    Current bal £269.15

So there we are, a week in and I am quite happy. I've managed to think about when I play and try to create a window of 3/4 hours instead of rushing in, firing up the laptop, regging for anything at all and then trying to hurry through games.

Now if I don't have time I don't play, if something crops up whilst I'm playing then I stop and I don't play whilst trying to do other things.

Also I've started to colour code players I regularly encounter and already on the dym side this has paid dividends.

I've also made enough points to qualify for the daily 1K freerolls and I've got a £2.30 ticket so all in all a decent week.

Targets for next week include trying to play more dym. I can currently 2 table so going to try and 3 table to increase volume and also try and make more of an impact in the mtt leaderboard.

Have a great Monday, rungood, have fun, love each other.

Mark
  • Options
    Will update in a few days unless anything extraordinary happens.

Have a great week, support the forum comps and have fun.
  • Options
    Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 161,427

@TheEdge949

Good stuff Mark.

"I've also made enough points to qualify for the daily 1K freerolls"

Don't forget the Escalating Freerolls if you have enough points.
  • Options
    I've pulled another £200 from my bankroll back to my bank. Two reasons, firstly I've become a little disillusioned with poker and have decided to only play a couple of micros a day.
    Secondly, real life dictates that I need to keep some money readily available. I know there are some bills on the horizon and to be honest if I keep it in my poker account then its probably not going to be there when we need it.

So at the moment the bankroll is £46 which is enough to have some fun with if and when I decide to play. It's not only here on Sky, I've also left minimal amounts on the other sites I play on.

I don't know if anybody else goes through phases like this but right now it's like I just can't be bothered to play, everything winds me up, beats really tilt me and everybody else at the table is a moronic luckbox. Yes, I know that's not really the case.

This all means I play really badly which simply exacerbates the problem and means I enjoy it even less and on it goes like a self fulfilling prophecy.

Do I still love the game ?. Well as I compose this missive I'm watching a re-run of the W.S.O.P Final table. Don't know what year but that angle shooting little **** Ensan was playing at the F T. So it's safe to assume that I still love poker, it's just that at the moment Im not in love with playing it.

So maybe a couple of micros a day if I get the urge to play and hopefully I don't tilt the roll off playing 20/50 spin ups.

Have a banging weekend, run good, have fun and love each other.

Speak soon.

Mark
  • Options
    thedazzmanthedazzman Member Posts: 935
    Sorry to hear that you are starting to feel a little fed up. From my point of view, I can totally understand that feeling, as I can sometimes not feel bothered to play either. A break, or at least not playing as much for a little while is a good idea and certainly can help.

I had a little laugh at your 'moronic luckbox' comment, as I also have a colourful use of language when players use their luck/run-good against me. Even when they use skill! I guess it's just the competitive nature in us that makes us do such a thing. Not many people like to lose.

I know we've got similar reasons for doing our diaries, and that I am playing or have played mainly DYMs around your buyin level over the last couple of weeks. If I can offer any sort of advice please just fire it my way, and I'll certainly try to help the best I can.

For now, I wish you the best of luck at the poker tables when you decide to play, and and enjoy the weekend ahead.
  • Options
    mumsiemumsie Member Posts: 7,412
    I play the greatest poker of my life when I'm down to a tiny bankroll.

And the worst poker possible when I'm over rolled.
  • Options
    aynaricolaynaricol Member Posts: 319
    Sorry to hear that you're having a bad run of it Mark - I know I was at a table with you the other day when you had hand voided, I think, due to connectivity when you'd just gone all-in, and I remember thinking that's about the worst luck possible. I hope that everything turns around soon and you start enjoying the game again.
  • Options
    Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 161,427

Good news for our Hero, he just selected a 33/1 winner in the Daily Forum Comp & now has a chance of winning it on Sunday.
  • Options
    Just when it appeared that I was on the express train to bustville I manage to fluke a 2nd spot in the FTT 1 for £46 and change.

Brilliant F T with some bants and interaction, nobody moaning about beats or how hands were played everyone just enjoying the game.

Big rap to @Asho28 who took it down, well deserved mate.

So that means we live to play another week and hopefully derive a little confidence after what has been, even by my mediocre standards, a pretty pathetic week of poker.

Actually I also bagged £3 in the 1K freeroll so tonight represents my best night since the Mini UKOPS Main and that seems a century ago. Still it's my own fault, I mean if I go and withdraw funds it's obvious I activate the doom switch. So maybe I should've known better. :s

Don't know what if anything I'll play tomorrow. Tuesdays at the moment are taken up with an online Alpha course, currently week 7 so 8 more to go. If everyone's done by 21.15 might have a cabby at the deep stack. I need to start getting some ft for the micro masters. Big shout out to @NOSTRI and @waller02 for a great comp. If you don't already play it why not its cheap fun and you can win a chance to play with Sky's favoured, sorry, I mean the big boys.

Weds is the Mini thingy courtesy of a token for grabbing third in the forum comp, again a huge thanks to @Tikay10 for all his sterling work.

Ok that's enough bum kissing etc, I'm off to watch the lightening, listen to the thunder and drink a small scotch.

Til next time, run good, have fun, love each other.

Speak soon.

Mark

• Options
    Asho28Asho28 Member Posts: 778
    Hi Mark,

Only coming across this thread for the first time, but I'm really sorry that you've been through a tough spell, both on and off the tables. The way you've been so open and honest is commendable and really hope things turn around for you - you're a genuinely awesome person.

With regards to the FTT1, it was indeed a great final table and thoroughly enjoyed playing the whole Triple Take Down event. Glad you got a good profit from it last night - you certainly did not fluke it.
    As for me winning it, two words: beginners luck. Had some very favourable river cards last night that saved me on more than one occasion.

Hope to see you on the tables again very soon.

Asho