You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

Petition.

Comments

• Options
    stokefcstokefc Member Posts: 7,655
    I ain't got a clue Tony but my city has been desimated with all the closures /job losses
    I know it's nowt to do with the EU but folks around here are totally titsed off with the Tory government any government tbh
    Like I said in your brexit thread when you have already got nowt how much worse can it get
  • Options
    HAYSIEHAYSIE Member Posts: 32,537
    stokefc said:

I ain't got a clue Tony but my city has been desimated with all the closures /job losses
    I know it's nowt to do with the EU but folks around here are totally titsed off with the Tory government any government tbh
    Like I said in your brexit thread when you have already got nowt how much worse can it get

I understand.
    The tragic thing is that leaving is likely to make things worse.
    I often think about what they could have done with the £4.6billion that has been spent, just in case of no deal.
  • Options
    madprofmadprof Member Posts: 3,305
    stokefc said:

Hey... the problem is

I agree with you about the Conservative govt.

But it looks like we-the general concensus, not me- have collectively chosen the Brexit vote to get back at the govt in question...**** of a hammer to crack a nut
  • Options
    madprof said:

stokefc said:

Hey... the problem is

But it looks like we-the general concensus, not me- have collectively chosen the Brexit vote to get back at the govt in question...**** of a hammer to crack a nut
    H ell is missing so maybe did we use the right size hammer?
  • Options
    mumsiemumsie Member Posts: 7,404

Do you think that has any relevance at all?

It's the way I see it.

As I said in the previous post, we have some limited choices to face up to.
    Which choice would you make?

Im not in a position to make any choices..
  • Options
    madprof said:

stokefc said:

Hey... the problem is

It seemed to be all about their austerity measures.
  • Options
    HAYSIE said:

madprof said:

stokefc said:

Hey... the problem is

It seemed to be all about their austerity measures.
    I agree but the general election would a better vehicle than plummeting us into the unknown, talk about cutting your nose off to spite your face!
  • Options
    Final word from me..I have 4 children aged 27-35, all who have one view -amongst a myriad of other more intellectual and intelligent views-that their futures have been sold down the river by the older generations of people who want to go back to how it was...the good old days! ( I'm trying to think of a decade in recent times which was 'good')
  • Options
    mumsie said:

Do you think that has any relevance at all?

It's the way I see it.

As I said in the previous post, we have some limited choices to face up to.
    Which choice would you make?

Im not in a position to make any choices..

A big problem was the question in the referendum.
    There are 3 real choices when it comes to leaving, and there wasn't a majority in favour of any of them.
    These are no deal, the PMs deal, and perhaps a Norway plus deal.
    They are probably fairly equal in popularity.
    So of the 52% that voted in favour of leaving, around 17% would be in favour of each of the above.
    This means a small minority will be satisfied with outcome.
    The vast majority of no deal supporters, will be outraged if we end up with Norway plus, and vice versa.
    The net result assuming we leave, is that around 17% will be satisfied.
    Some leave voters have openly said that they would prefer to remain than accept the PMs deal.
    Can you really call this democracy when so few will be satisfied.
  • Options
    Sorry @HAYSIE , I'm opposed to the idea and the acting on the results of the petition.

This is why I've shared my thoughts in this thread.

If you want another debate on britex , maybe have the title of this thread Britex part 2 . And I wouldnt have got involved.

• Options
    mumsie said:

Sorry @HAYSIE , I'm opposed to the idea and the acting on the results of the petition.

If you want another debate on britex , maybe have the title of this thread Britex part 2 . And I wouldnt have got involved.

Ok.
  • Options
    mumsie said:

Petition
    Revoke Article 50 and remain in the EU.
    The government repeatedly claims exiting the EU is 'the will of the people'. We need to put a stop to this claim by proving the strength of public support now, for remaining in the EU. A People's Vote may not happen - so vote now.
    Sign this petition
    2,918,806 signatures
  • Options
    mumsie said:

BREXIT.
  • Options
    HAYSIE said:

mumsie said:

BREXIT.

Sorry again, crossed wires, I thought we were talking about children's car seats.
  • Options
    mumsie said:

HAYSIE said:

mumsie said:

BREXIT.

Sorry again, crossed wires, I thought we were talking about children's car seats.
    I gathered that.
  • Options
    Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 161,268
    edited March 2019
    mumsie said:

HAYSIE said:

mumsie said:

BREXIT.

I had to think about that for a moment.....

WP @mumsie, the Forum needs a bit of humour today. ;)

• Options
    Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 161,268

This works too, though. Almost. If only it said "Brexit"......

• Options
    mumsie said:

HAYSIE said:

mumsie said:

BREXIT.

Amazon have got them.
  • Options
    stokefcstokefc Member Posts: 7,655
    Shouldn't that babys face be blurred out 😉😞
  • Options
    Tikay10 said:

This works too, though. Almost. If only it said "Brexit"......

Maybe Theresa May should focus on car seats rather than European negotiations.