You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

Petition.

Comments

• Options
    HAYSIEHAYSIE Member Posts: 32,210
    stokefc said:

Shouldn't that babys face be blurred out 😉😞

He will be able to vote by the time we get out of the EU.
  • Options
    tomgooduntomgoodun Member Posts: 3,726
    I feel this petition serves to fuel the divides already in the Country, and is similar to the vote we had way back in 2016, I mean, why not have an online petition asking who wants to leave on WTO terms ? Pretty sure that would get a lot of signatures..
    I voted remain, but all this divisive rhetoric from politicians and joe public is just..... crazy., we need to try to come together as a country, not be driven apart by alienating half of the population.
  • Options
    stokefcstokefc Member Posts: 7,636
    Rich/poor north/south it's already divided
  • Options
    Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 160,616
    stokefc said:

Shouldn't that babys face be blurred out 😉😞

In fact, yes. "Compliance" is a nightmare, & I clean forgot.
  • Options
    tomgoodun said:

I feel this petition serves to fuel the divides already in the Country, and is similar to the vote we had way back in 2016, I mean, why not have an online petition asking who wants to leave on WTO terms ? Pretty sure that would get a lot of signatures..
    I voted remain, but all this divisive rhetoric from politicians and joe public is just..... crazy., we need to try to come together as a country, not be driven apart by alienating half of the population.

Its been running since November and has 370,000 signatures, its a no deal petition.
  • Options
    tomgoodun said:

Anyone that thinks that all this this will be immediately forgotten about at some point in the near future is clearly kidding themselves.
    We have years of trade negotiations to come, whatever the outcome.
  • Options
    tomgoodun said:

Sorry its gone up a bit.

Petition
    Leave the EU without a deal in March 2019.
    We are wasting Billions of pounds of taxpayers money trying to negotiate in a short space of time. Leaving the EU in March 2019 will allow the UK good time to negotiate more efficiently. The EU will be more eager to accept a deal on our terms having lost a major partner.
    ►More details
    Sign this petition
    392,966 signatures

As has this one.

Petition
    Revoke Article 50 and remain in the EU.
    The government repeatedly claims exiting the EU is 'the will of the people'. We need to put a stop to this claim by proving the strength of public support now, for remaining in the EU. A People's Vote may not happen - so vote now.
    Sign this petition
    2,971,394 signatures
  • Options
    HAYSIE said:

tomgoodun said:

Its been running since November and has 370,000 signatures, its a no deal petition.
    It says the petition closes in August, that’s obv after the date we are/were due to leave, so people could still be signing this when we are out of the EU, if that’s not divisive I don’t know what is.
  • Options
    tomgoodun said:

HAYSIE said:

tomgoodun said:

It says the petition closes in August, that’s obv after the date we are/were due to leave, so people could still be signing this when we are out of the EU, if that’s not divisive I don’t know what is.
    We are not certain to be out by August.
  • Options
    madprofmadprof Member Posts: 3,299
    I thought the jovial mood yesterday displayed by the EU negotiators was fascinating , in terms of their exasperation with us as a country( and the relative strength of their position)....lets just say, I wouldn't want TM to arrange a trip to one of my local cider farms
  • Options
    Petition
    The government repeatedly claims exiting the EU is 'the will of the people'. We need to put a stop to this claim by proving the strength of public support now, for remaining in the EU. A People's Vote may not happen - so vote now.
    Sign this petition
    3,047,041 signatures
  • Options
    This petition is like 2 parents agreeing that their child eats too many sweets and coming to the conclusion the child shouldn’t eat sweets.,then one of the parents takes the child in a room and asks them, would you like some sweets?
    Of course the child says “Yes”
  • Options
    tomgoodun said:

HAYSIE said:

tomgoodun said:

It is hard to see which outcome would be less divisive.
    A second referendum would be.
    As would revoking Article 50.
    No deal would be a catastrophe.
    The PMs deal is now the least popular outcome.
    Norway plus is the closest to staying in, and probably the most popular solution among remainers, but hard Brexiteers don't think that it is really leaving.

The country is divided and that's how its likely to stay for the foreseeable irrespective of the outcome.
  • Options
    tomgoodun said:

This petition is like 2 parents agreeing that their child eats too many sweets and coming to the conclusion the child shouldn’t eat sweets.,then one of the parents takes the child in a room and asks them, would you like some sweets?

Really?
  • Options
    lucy4lucy4 Member Posts: 7,041
    So is the answer to get rid of all politicians and let the country be governed by online petitions and facebook polls...
  • Options
    tai-gartai-gar Member Posts: 2,593
    lucy4 said:

So is the answer to get rid of all politicians and let the country be governed by online petitions and facebook polls...

Probably couldn't do any worse than this lot! God help us!
  • Options
    mumsiemumsie Member Posts: 7,370
    lucy4 said:

We have a winner.
  • Options
    HAYSIE said:

tomgoodun said:

Really?
    That’s the way I see it yes, there is no alternative question on a petition , and this one is aimed directly at remain voters , if the petition had an opposing view to revoking it would serve better to get a true reflection of what people want.
  • Options
    mumsiemumsie Member Posts: 7,370
    This petition malarky...
    (from the BBC news site)

Has it happened before?

In 2016, an earlier petition calling for a second EU Referendum attracted 3.6m votes, but was hijacked by bots .

While the petition data (which is currently not updating) reveals that signatures are coming in from all over the world - including small numbers from Russia, China, Iran and one from North Korea where it is unlikely the page can be seen -

The BBC understands that fewer than 4% of signatures are coming from outside the UK at time of writing.

It is however not difficult to disguise or hide a location on the web.

• Options
    Petition
    Sign this petition
    3,304,581 signatures