You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

The brexit party ...news and articles

Comments

• Options
    dobiesdrawdobiesdraw Member Posts: 2,793
    I declare an official Brexit holiday on the thread today . The weather is lovely , go to the beach .

For those of you unable to spend a whole day without thinking of brexit , there will be the usual incessant rantings on the " other " thread .
  • Options
    goldongoldon Member Posts: 8,489
    edited May 2019
    Stop doing a May ........ holidays are overrated .......

DEMOCRACY is worth fighting for .... get off your %$& and type.
  • Options
    lucy4lucy4 Member Posts: 7,023

I declare an official Brexit holiday on the thread today . The weather is lovely , go to the beach .

For those of you unable to spend a whole day without thinking of brexit , there will be the usual incessant rantings on the " other " thread .

Unfortunately you can't just declare a holiday without prior consultation and confirmation from the E.U. Do you think that you live in a country where you can make your own decisions without seeking approval first...
  • Options
    QPROBBOQPROBBO Member Posts: 41
    Keep up the good work Dobie, tikay sent me a pm advising me not to post on Brexit threads, have asked him why i should not post, but no reply.
    Rainman sends his best wishes.
  • Options
    QPROBBO said:

Keep up the good work Dobie, tikay sent me a pm advising me not to post on Brexit threads, have asked him why i should not post, but no reply.
    Rainman sends his best wishes.

This doesn't sound very good.....very cloak and dagger . Sorry it seems you are being silenced , give my best back to Rainy .
  • Options
    lucy4 said:

Unfortunately you can't just declare a holiday without prior consultation and confirmation from the E.U. Do you think that you live in a country where you can make your own decisions without seeking approval first...
    You got me worried now , saw some shady character earlier looked like a tramp version of Juncker muttering away to himself about Brexit , whilst staring at me and taking notes .

:D
  • Options
    edited May 2019
    Today's non Brexit musings :
    I have more respect for people who give charitably , but never make a thing of telling people .
  • Options
    Brexit Party: Nigel Farage says four AMs to form group
    Four former UKIP AMs have joined Nigel Farage's Brexit Party, announcing plans to form an assembly group.

Mr Farage declared Mark Reckless group leader on a visit to Cardiff on Wednesday.

The planned group, which includes Mandy Jones, Caroline Jones and David Rowlands, is subject to assembly approval. Some Plaid Cymru and Labour AMs want it stopped.

Mr Farage said: "The leavers in Wales are all coming back together again."

"I'm very pleased as leader of the Brexit Party to welcome four members of the Welsh Assembly who will now re-designate, as of this afternoon, as Brexit Party members," he added.

Who is standing in EU elections in Wales?
    Welsh Lib Dems 'are the party of Remain'
    Mr Farage, who also held a rally in Merthyr Tydfil on Wednesday, launched the party last month for the European elections on 23 May.

UKIP confirmed Mr Rowlands had resigned from the party - meaning it no longer has a Senedd group and will have to lose staff.

Mr Reckless said: "Brexit is being blocked."

The new group is "supporting the Brexit Party in everything that they are doing to protect our democracy and to ensure that Brexit is delivered", he added.
    Mr Reckless had been a UKIP AM from 2016 to 2017, when he joined the Tory group. He left it on Tuesday ahead of the announcement.

He told Gareth Lewis on BBC Radio Wales he had believed Prime Minister Theresa May when she said "we were going to leave the EU on the 29 March this year, with or without a deal".

"Unfortunately she's broken her word," he said.

Former UKIP assembly leader Neil Hamilton called for all four to resign. Mr Reckless said he would "love" to hold a by-election but was unable to do so under the system he was elected under.

The announcement follows years of turmoil in UKIP - it entered the assembly with seven AMs, but now just has two.

Mr Farage, who had criticised Mark Reckless when he left UKIP, admitted to "one or two cross words with all of them" over the years. "That's all forgotten now", he said.

He said he had "hand-picked" who he wanted to join the Brexit Party. "There is a renewed sense of purpose and unity amongst these people," he said

The party leader, who appointed Mr Reckless, promised the group would have its own "radical" policies - the party does not yet have any, beyond wanting to leave the EU.

This is a major coup for Nigel Farage and his new Brexit Party, just over a week before polling day in the European Parliament elections.

Assuming existing assembly rules are followed, the Brexit Party will have achieved recognition and representation in one of the UK's parliaments without even facing an election.

While this is a boost for Mr Farage's new party, it's a disaster for his old one. The defection of David Rowlands has torpedoed UKIP.

Wales was UKIP's last bastion in terms of significant electoral representation. They're now left with two AMs and a loss of resources and status within the Welsh Assembly.

Today's announcement raises the stakes for Welsh Labour too - at stake is a century of Labour dominance in Welsh elections.

Its new leader, Mark Drakeford, will not want to see another party come out on top in his first electoral test.
    A Plaid Cymru spokesman said the Brexit Party group had "no democratic mandate and they should not be permitted to form a group nor given access to public resources and funding in the Senedd".

"This is a group which stands for nothing more than its own short-term, narrow self-interest," the Labour group said.

Mr Bennett, the UKIP AM who led the party in the assembly when it was a group, said Mr Rowlands departure from UKIP will "inevitably lead to job losses for our hard working support staff, something which David was well aware of before reaching his decision".

"I am sorry and disappointed that David has decided to take this step," he said.

1/2

• Options
    2/2

Who are the group ?

South Wales East AM Mark Reckless is a former Tory MP who defected to UKIP in 2014. After losing his seat in 2015 he was elected to the assembly a year later but later defected to the Conservative group
    Caroline Jones, who represents South Wales West, was briefly UKIP assembly leader during 2018. She left the party last year
    Mandy Jones is the only one of the four who was not elected in 2016 - replacing Nathan Gill as a North Wales AM when he resigned. She was never allowed to join the UKIP team in the assembly but was previously a party member. She has sat as an independent
    David Rowlands, who also represents South Wales East, resigned a UKIP AM on Wednesday. He had been in the party since the 1990s

• Options
    Democracy is one more vote than opponent you're the winner.

Double Democracy is two more. cough!
  • Options
    Todays brexit party rally ..sold out

The Brexit Party's campaign for the European elections moves to Essex.

Date And Time
    Thu, 16 May 2019

11:00 – 14:00 BST

High Street

Brentwood

CM14 4RR

• Options
    still some tickets available for tonights rally in Wolverhampton

The Brexit Party is holding a rally in Wolverhampton. Join the Brexiteer fightback!
    About this Event
    Join us at The Willows, Willenhall at 7pm on Thursday 16th May.

Date And Time
    Thu, 16 May 2019

19:00 – 21:00 BST

Bath Street

Willenhall

WV13 2EY

• Options
    HAYSIEHAYSIE Member Posts: 31,964
  • Options
  • Options
    Rude Tube getting............. the Brexit Rattle Cry.

• Options
    edited May 2019
    Remainers try to thwart democracy once again . A road block in Merthyr Tydfil yesterday wasn't enough to prevent the brexit party rally going ahead :)
  • Options
    EssexphilEssexphil Member Posts: 7,999
    edited May 2019

Remainers try to thwart democracy once again . A road block in Merthyr Tydfil yesterday wasn't enough to prevent the brexit party rally going ahead :)

On the subject of "thwarting democracy" the Brexit Party seems to have no equal in this field.
    Let's look at the latest recruit-Mark Reckless.
    2001/05 stood for Parliament as a Conservative in Kent, failed.
    2010 stood as a Tory in Kent, elected as MP.
    Decided to ignore the democratic vote, joined UKIP.
    2015 stood for UKIP in Kent, lost.
    2016 stood for the Welsh Assembly for UKIP, elected.
    2017 ignored the democratic vote, declared himself part of the Conservative Group.
    April 2019 decided to ignore the public vote in a different direction, declared himself an Independent.
    May 2019 (non-elected) Leader of the Welsh Brexit Party. The 3rd new party and snub to the people who voted for a Party (not him directly) since he was elected.

Some achievement-the least loyal, least democratic man in UK political history.
    Makes "Change" MPs look positively loyal.
  • Options
    Essexphil said:

On the subject of "thwarting democracy" the Brexit Party seems to have no equal in this field.
    Let's look at the latest recruit-Mark Reckless.
    2001/05 stood for Parliament as a Conservative in Kent, failed.
    2010 stood as a Tory in Kent, elected as MP.
    Decided to ignore the democratic vote, joined UKIP.
    2015 stood for UKIP in Kent, lost.
    2016 stood for the Welsh Assembly for UKIP, elected.
    2017 ignored the democratic vote, declared himself part of the Conservative Group.
    April 2019 decided to ignore the public vote in a different direction, declared himself an Independent.
    May 2019 (non-elected) Leader of the Welsh Brexit Party. The 3rd new party and snub to the people who voted for a Party (not him directly) since he was elected.

Some achievement-the least loyal, least democratic man in UK political history.
    Makes "Change" MPs look positively loyal.
    Quite sure if I could be bothered , I could spend all day posting about politicians from across the whole spectrum of parties ...none of them are snow white .