You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

The brexit party ...news and articles

Comments

• EssexphilEssexphil Member Posts: 7,981

Essexphil said:

Remainers try to thwart democracy once again . A road block in Merthyr Tydfil yesterday wasn't enough to prevent the brexit party rally going ahead :)

On the subject of "thwarting democracy" the Brexit Party seems to have no equal in this field.
    Let's look at the latest recruit-Mark Reckless.
    2001/05 stood for Parliament as a Conservative in Kent, failed.
    2010 stood as a Tory in Kent, elected as MP.
    Decided to ignore the democratic vote, joined UKIP.
    2015 stood for UKIP in Kent, lost.
    2016 stood for the Welsh Assembly for UKIP, elected.
    2017 ignored the democratic vote, declared himself part of the Conservative Group.
    April 2019 decided to ignore the public vote in a different direction, declared himself an Independent.
    May 2019 (non-elected) Leader of the Welsh Brexit Party. The 3rd new party and snub to the people who voted for a Party (not him directly) since he was elected.

Some achievement-the least loyal, least democratic man in UK political history.
    Makes "Change" MPs look positively loyal.
    Quite sure if I could be bothered , I could spend all day posting about politicians from across the whole spectrum of parties ...none of them are snow white .
    True.

But how many have changed Party 4 times against the will of the people who actually voted for them? He has crossed more floors than anyone in history.
  • HAYSIEHAYSIE Member Posts: 31,815
    Farage: Vote for Brexit Party Lets People ‘Put No Deal Back on the Table’

Nigel Farage believes a strong, first-place finish for his Brexit Party will put a clean, No Deal exit from the European Union “back on the table”, despite the strenuous efforts of Britain’s Remainer-dominated House of Commons to rule it out.

• dobiesdrawdobiesdraw Member Posts: 2,793
    edited May 2019
    Essexphil said:

Essexphil said:

Remainers try to thwart democracy once again . A road block in Merthyr Tydfil yesterday wasn't enough to prevent the brexit party rally going ahead :)

On the subject of "thwarting democracy" the Brexit Party seems to have no equal in this field.
    Let's look at the latest recruit-Mark Reckless.
    2001/05 stood for Parliament as a Conservative in Kent, failed.
    2010 stood as a Tory in Kent, elected as MP.
    Decided to ignore the democratic vote, joined UKIP.
    2015 stood for UKIP in Kent, lost.
    2016 stood for the Welsh Assembly for UKIP, elected.
    2017 ignored the democratic vote, declared himself part of the Conservative Group.
    April 2019 decided to ignore the public vote in a different direction, declared himself an Independent.
    May 2019 (non-elected) Leader of the Welsh Brexit Party. The 3rd new party and snub to the people who voted for a Party (not him directly) since he was elected.

Some achievement-the least loyal, least democratic man in UK political history.
    Makes "Change" MPs look positively loyal.
    Quite sure if I could be bothered , I could spend all day posting about politicians from across the whole spectrum of parties ...none of them are snow white .
    True.

But how many have changed Party 4 times against the will of the people who actually voted for them? He has crossed more floors than anyone in history.
    Do I think floor jumpers should voluntarily spring a by- election ? ..yes .
    I also think that Haysie , should stop flooding 2 different threads with the same material.
  • goldongoldon Member Posts: 8,465
    Democracy Day.

D Day landing soon..... Nigel's Army of Voters ready for Action at the Polling Stations.

https://youtu.be/Q8R2RJGbqUE

Received an "Election Communication" from the Brexit Party today.

Meaningless Soundbites-7
    Meaningless Slogans-1
    Policies-0
    Ideas as to how to achieve Brexit-0

And yet people really are going to vote for this tosh
    edited May 2019
    I love the idea that the Brexit Party is in any way democratic.

There are 73 UK MEPs which were voted for by Party (not individual, except in NI). The British people spoke, and elected 24 UKIP MEPs.

I dislike UKIP even more now than when Farrago was running it. But Democracy isn't about what I like. It is the will of the people.

Current number of UKIP MEPs? 3. All the rest have gone elsewhere, and ignored the electorate. 15 of them currently sit as Brexit Party members. Total votes for Brexit Party?-0. Imagine if, after the last UK election, 270 conservative MPs decided to join other parties. And then lectured us all about democracy.
  • goldongoldon Member Posts: 8,465
    Think you will find Ukip MP members have left the party because it's changed direction the reason Nigel cancelled his membership. They would not be true to the people that voted for them if they were in Party taken over by Extremists, the Brexit Party is interim Party for EU elections only and will Morf into proper Government type party after, if Brexit is not delivered by the Conservatives. Democracy is really the issue now and Brexit the vehicle ......... we get the Government we deserve because we vote.
    Essexphil said:

I love the idea that the Brexit Party is in any way democratic.

There are 73 UK MEPs which were voted for by Party (not individual, except in NI). The British people spoke, and elected 24 UKIP MEPs.

I dislike UKIP even more now than when Farrago was running it. But Democracy isn't about what I like. It is the will of the people.

Current number of UKIP MEPs? 3. All the rest have gone elsewhere, and ignored the electorate. 15 of them currently sit as Brexit Party members. Total votes for Brexit Party?-0. Imagine if, after the last UK election, 270 conservative MPs decided to join other parties. And then lectured us all about democracy.

These are rants about the current system that allows this to happen . Absolutely nothing to do with the democratic nature of the brexit party, as you well know .
    The will of the people which you talk of , will be demonstrated when droves of people vote for the brexit party.
    BBC Question Time: NO Brexit Party panellist despite leading polls week before EU election
    BBC Question Time came under under intense scrutiny over its panel selection following the announcement that last night's episode will not feature anyone from the Brexit Party.
    In last night's programme, broadcast from Elgin in Scotland, no member of Nigel Farage’s eurosceptic movement will feature, despite leading in many opinion polls just seven days out from the European Parliament elections. Instead, the flagship political broadcast will feature politicians from the Tories, Labour, SNP and Liberal Democrats, as they desperately seek to close the gap on Mr Farage’s grassroots party, before the UK goes to the polls on May 23. Guests joining host Fiona Bruce include John Swinney MSP, Deputy First Minister of Scotland, Bim Afolami, Conservative MP for Hitchen and Harpenden, and Richard Leonard MSP, Leader of the Scottish Labour Party.
    The trio will be joined by Christine Jardine MP for Edinburgh West, Liberal Democrat spokeswoman for Work and Pensions and Eilidh Douglas, lawyer and Vice Chair of Amnesty International UK.

However, many disgruntled viewers have already taken to social media to criticise the balance of the panel.

One user wrote on Twitter: “Do you really believe this panel is a true representation of current Scottish politics?”
    Another disappointed viewer wrote: “Couldn’t be more unrepresentative of Scotland if it tried.”

Whilst a third furious user said: “Question Time not even attempting to be balanced and fair. No wonder most of Scotland has switched off from it.”

Another notable absentee from the line-up is representation from the Green Party, MSP John Finnie described the exclusion as “extremely disappointing”.
    Mr Finnie said: “It’s extremely disappointing that just one week before the most important EU elections ever, my constituents in Elgin and viewers across the country will be denied the opportunity to hear from the talented Green MEP candidates.”

In a fiery encounter last week Mr Farage was invited to the panel following his criticism of the broadcaster’s lack of coverage of the Brexit Party.

The former Ukip leader came out all guns blazing and clashed with ‘Remainer’ and Change UK MP Anna Soubry.

Mr Farage hit out at her claims that Mr Farage promised the UK would get a deal with the EU and accused Ms Soubry of not listening.
    He said: “What are you talking about? I said no deal was better than a bad deal, Anna.

“I argued that all through the referendum day after day.

“You clearly weren’t listening, you never do, do you?”

To which Ms Soubry said, “I am” as the audience applauded Mr Farage.
    The latest YouGov survey of voter intentions put the Brexit Party ahead on 34 percent of the vote.

Labour leads the trailing pack on 16 percent, Lib Dem 15 percent, Green Party 11 percent and Conservatives on just 10 percent.

The YouGov survey was conducted between May 8/9 and asked 2,212 adults in the UK.

When approached by Express.co.uk a spokesman for the BBC said: “Nigel Farage was on Question Time last week.”

The Brexit party is coming to Dudley. Join the Brexiteer fightback!
    About this Event
    Join us at Dudley Fountain at 11am on Friday 17th May.

Date And Time
    Fri, 17 May 2019

11:00 – 13:00 BST

Dudley Fountain

High Street

Dudley

DY1 1PJ

The Brexit Party is holding a rally in Edinburgh. Join the Brexiteer fightback!
    About this Event
    Join us at the Edinburgh Corn Exchange at 7pm on Friday 17th May.

Date And Time
    Fri, 17 May 2019

19:00 – 21:00 BST

The Exchange Room

Edinburgh

EH14 1RJ
    Brexit party rally from Essex...enjoy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NZh2OiZPvYc
    And the Wolverhampton rally from yesterday >>

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j8iv_9E91Z4
    edited May 2019
    How the viral Led by Donkeys anti-Brexit campaign is haunting flip-flopping politicians
    Led By Donkeys shames Brexit-backing equivocators, bloviators, and blowhards, one billboard at a time

edited May 2019
    Guilty Criminals Usually Respond With No Comment,

A £200,000 Donation Merely Covers Around 15Months Rent.

Didnt He Even Have The Dignity to Pay For His Own Crockery, Or Shower Curtain?

The Man Is A Parasite.

Arron Banks 'gave £450,000 funding to Nigel Farage after Brexit vote'

Nigel Farage was lavishly funded by Arron Banks in the year after the Brexit referendum, Channel 4 News has alleged, with the insurance tycoon providing him with a furnished Chelsea home, a car and driver, and money to promote him in America.
    According to invoices, emails and other documents, Banks, who regularly bankrolled Farage’s former party, Ukip, spent about £450,000 in the year after the referendum, when Farage had quit as Ukip leader, the programme said.
    It said the money, some provided via Rock Services Ltd, a company owned by Banks, was used to rent a Chelsea home for £13,000 a month, with Banks purchasing furniture and fittings including crockery and a shower curtain.
    Farage was also provided with a Land Rover Discovery and a driver, and Banks sought to raise an extra £130,000 from supporters to cover security.
    Farage refused to comment on the claims while Banks dismissed them as a “smear”

Farage is now leading the Brexit party, formed in January 2019, which is topping polls for this month’s European elections. After quitting as Ukip leader he remained as an MEP, and also made regular appearances on Fox News and other TV shows.
    During this period, as well as his MEP’s salary of nearly €9,000 a month, and an extra €30,000 a month declared in media appearances, Farage complained in an interview that he was “53, separated and skint” and that “there’s no money in politics”.
    At the time, critics noted that this appeared an unusual claim, given he was then living in the Chelsea home, which is valued at about £4m.
    Banks is under investigation by the National Crime Agency over allegations of criminal offences by him and his unofficial leave campaign in the EU referendum. Farage has said that Banks is not funding the Brexit party.
    According to Channel 4 News, the documents show that Banks and his companies, organised and funded visits to the US by Farage in the year after the referendum, including a trip in July 2016 to the Republican national convention.

The programme says that Banks, through another of his companies, Southern Rock, paid an American lobbyist, Gerry Gunster, to arrange a Nigel Farage “Brexit policy luncheon”.
    It added that in 2016, Rock Services arranged visits by Farage and his key aide, Andy Wigmore, to travel to America on a series of occasions, including one where Farage was first introduced to Donald Trump.
    Other invoices show Gunster’s company billed £108,684 for a party in Farage’s honour at a five-star hotel in Washington DC.
    A Channel 4 News reporter approached Farage in Merthyr Tydfil on Wednesday to ask him about the alleged funding by Banks, with Farage saying he had no comment.
    Banks told the programme: “Channel 4 attempts to smear myself and Nigel come at a time when the Brexit party is riding high in the polls, so it should come as no surprise to anyone.

Farage has said that the Brexit party is predominantly financed by the £25 fees of its 100,000-plus paying supporters – it has no members. He has also said that financier Jeremy Hosking, a regular donor to the Conservatives in the past, has given £200,000 to the new party.

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/uknews/arron-banks-gave-£450000-funding-to-nigel-farage-after-brexit-vote/ar-AABs8hb?ocid=spartandhp

edited May 2019
    Led by donkeys ...interesting eh , the 4 founding members of this nonsense strive to retain their anonymity ...wonder what skeletons in those closets?
    Don't see Nigel hiding away from anything .

edited May 2019
    He Doesn't Like It Up Him Video.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-7037651/Arron-Banks-spent-450k-Nigel-Farage-including-4-4m-home-Land-Rover-utility-bills.html

Arron Banks 'spent £450,000 on Nigel Farage in year after Brexit vote - providing him with £4.4m Chelsea home, £32,000 Land Rover Discovery, close protection driver, furniture and even utility bills'
    Channel 4 News says it has seen invoices, emails and other documents which show the extent of Nigel Farage's financial reliance on Arron Banks since 2016
    Farage quit as UKIP leader after the referendum and now fronts the Brexit Party
    For the year after the vote Mr Banks, through his companies, reportedly organised and funded multiple visits to the United States for Mr Farage.

Mr Farage's bolthole was this three-bedroom Georgian house, worth an estimated £4.4 million, in a quiet Chelsea side street

Mr Banks, through Southern Rock, paid American lobbying firm Goddard Gunster £64,064 for a 'Nigel Farage Brexit Policy Luncheon' and paid Fox News anchor Tucker Carlson (pictured) £11,305.41 to interview Mr Farage at the event

In a statement Mr Banks said that Channel 4 was attempting to 'smear myself and Nigel' before the European elections this months

Mr Farage is then shown repeatedly refusing to answer Mr Frei's questions - repeating 'no comment' and 'not really' when asked to respond to the figures being quoted to him regarding Mr Banks' spending.
    'You rail against the elite... and yet you're living the lifestyle of the elite... financed by very rich friends,' Mr Frei can be heard saying.
    'Terrible isn't it?,' Mr Farage replies.

edited May 2019

Led by donkeys ...interesting eh , the 4 founding members of this nonsense strive to retain their anonymity ...wonder what skeletons in those closets?

Really? I do.

I see a man hiding from the Conservative Party to which he was once loyal.

I see a man who pretends he founded UKIP (he didn't-he led a faction to oust the founder and take over), who ran away and hid when people opposed him in UKIP.

I see a man who is hiding every single policy that he has.

A man who hides from the fact that he is an integral part of the "political class" he pretends to despise.

I see a man who blusters and hides from questions about anything that does not suit him. Because he does not know the answers, or does not want people to know his answers.

Most importantly, a man who hides from the voters that he is totally incapable of delivering Brexit, and totally incapable of even being involved in the process for at least ANOTHER 3 years.