You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

The Longer Than Expected Bankroll Challenge......next target £5k

Comments

• Options
    waller02waller02 Member Posts: 9,014
    Day 38.

Had no option but to cut tonight's session short. I've been feeling a bit rough most of the day but it got considerably worse earlier in the evening. It's only blocked sinuses and a really sore throat (get your violins out), so nothing too bad, but it meant I really couldn't concentrate, certainly not on a load of games. Friday night is my favourite poker night as well :(

I was left single tabling the 18:30 BH and managed to finish 3rd pushing the challenge profit to an all time high, but I really wouldn't have been able to focus on any other games. I'm glad it's over so I can go to bed to be honest.

17:30 - £5.50 BH (X)
    18:30 - £5.50 BH (3rd £54.25 + £28.23 head prizes)
    19:00 - £7.70 BH (X £5.91 head prizes)

Hopefully back on the tables tomorrow night after a good nights kip and gallon of Lemsip.

Start: £100
    Current: £1234.62
  • Options
    edited August 2019
    Day 39.

Felt better tonight so had a normal session. Nothing really to write home about, a couple of deep runs without ever really threatening to win, plus a 3rd in the £2.20 deepy.

Had my first dig of "stick that in your diary" tonight so at least I know there are secret readers.

Highlight of the evening was bumping into a player called PVFC_fan in the main event. I'm a Grimsby fan so I typed "5-2" in the chat box hoping to get a bite. No reply and an hour or so later he/she was the one who sent me packing. Fair play.......we still won 5-2 though.

17:30 - £5.50 BH (X £1.88 head prizes)
    18:00 - Main Semi (Seat to Main)
    18:30 - £5.50 BH (X)
    19:00 - £7.70 BH (X)
    19:15 - £2.20 Deepy (3rd £20.49)
    20:00 - £33 Main Event (X £11.25 head prizes)
    20:30 - £5.50 Mini (X £9.86 head prizes)
    20:30 - £5.50 Megastack (12th £11)
    21:30 - £11 BH (X)
    21:30 - £3.30 BH (1 rebuy) (X)
    £6 Sheriff All Ins

Start BR: £100
    Current: £1226.70

• Options
    edited August 2019
    Won't be playing any poker tonight, so that's it for a couple of weeks now as I'm on call next week and away on a course the following week.

Heart rate just about returned to normal now after an amazing afternoon of cricket. Ben Stokes is an absolute legend, he won us the World Cup and then produces another masterclass today with the ashes on the line. What a player. It also helps that I had a fiver on @ 22/1 when we needed 79 runs, just had a feeling Stokes was going to produce something special. Hopefully that can kickstart our Ashes campaign but it's England after all so we will probably go out and get battered in the next test. What a game though!

Anyway, next poker update in a couple of weeks.
  • Options
    rearenderrearender Member Posts: 151
    Firstly no one cares about cricket :P

Secondly I will miss the diary over the next few weeks, cant wait for a wining return.
  • Options
    TheEdge949TheEdge949 Member Posts: 5,158
    Great posts mate oh and its the duty of every person to give Port Fail fans some stick, bunch of knuckledragging neanderthals lol.

Look forward to the return of the diary in the near future.

Mark
  • Options
    Not being able to have a few games is starting to annoy me now, roll on next Saturday.....
  • Options

Great posts mate oh and its the duty of every person to give Port Fail fans some stick, bunch of knuckledragging neanderthals lol.

Look forward to the return of the diary in the near future.

Mark

Hahahahahahahaha

• Options
    edited September 2019
    Due to severe boredom I decided to use up some free tokens and play a 5.50 BH on my phone before I go down to the restaurant for tea.

Just finished in 7th for 25 quid or so.

So the bankroll now stands at £1252.16.

Staying away from home is pretty grim. There are only 2 lads on my course who are staying in the hotel, although they are decent blokes so could be worse. The diet has gone to pot, I brought my gym gear and haven't been once. Missing my missus, my kids, my own bed and poker.

2 days left......
  • Options
    Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 160,262

@waller02

Going well, then?
  • Options
    Tikay10 said:

@waller02

Going well, then?

I assume you mean is the course going well? It's not really a work related course and there is no pass or fail as such. It's just a generic health and safety thing that I need to attend every few years. Don't get me wrong, health and safety is very important in any workplace but it is safe to say it's not the most thrilling of subjects!

The hotel is nice enough and the food is great but I'm regretting not bringing my laptop. I didn't bother as I didn't want to appear rude to the other lads staying here, as well as not knowing if I could trust the wifi. Turns out I'm always back in my room by half 7 and the wifi is reliable. Typical.
  • Options
    Day 40.

So after what felt like an eternity I finally sat down at home for a proper session of poker. It was a tough one and I had to battle to come away with a small loss, but after not being able to play for a while I really enjoyed it.

In quite a few of the games I had a fairly early double along with a bounty but I couldn't seem to push on from there. I don't think I played too bad (apart from a couple where I was pretty shocking) but I either couldn't hold or get there when required in the mid stages.

The 2 deep runs of the evening came in the £5.50 deepy where I would have been heads up with a massive chip lead if it wasn't for a 3 outer on the river to bust me in 3rd, followed by an 8th in the Megastack where I was always one of the shorties.

Finished the night about a tenner down so no real drama and it was good to be playing again.

18:00 - Main Semi (X)
    18:30 - £5.50 BH (X £1.88 head prizes)
    19:00 - £7.70 BH (X £2.63 head prizes)
    19:15 - £2.20 Deepy (X)
    20:15 - £5.50 Deepy (3rd £30)
    20:15 - £11 BH (X £12.19 head prizes)
    20:30 - £5.50 Mini (X)
    20:30 - £5.50 Megastack (8th £16.24)
    21:30 - £11 BH (X £7.50 head prizes)
    21:30 - £3.30 BH (1 rebuy, 1 addon) (X)
    £3.60 Main All ins
    £6 Sheriff All Ins

Current: £1238.72

Back on the tables for an evening session tomorrow.
  • Options
    edited September 2019
    Day 41.

Tough gig again tonight, got myself into contention in a couple games but couldn't win the big hands when it mattered, even the times when I was a big favourite.

The hour between 7 and 8 was always going to be tricky as it's a bit of a tradition to play along to 5 Gold Rings on the phone app with the missus, so I was clicking buttons on the laptop whilst trying to pinpoint whereabouts Giant's Causeway is in Northern Ireland on the game app. It wasn't my finest hour as I lost focus on the poker and took a battering from the missus on the gameshow.

However, I did take a few heads along the way tonight as well as min cashing the Mini to soften the blow and ensure I only ended up slightly down on the night, plus I won the weekly forum comp to bag a free main event seat on Wednesday. So in the words of Mark and Lard I "Mustn't grumble!"

15:30 - £5.20 Main Sat (X)
    16:30 - £5.20 Main Sat (Bubble £9.60)
    18:30 - £5.50 BH (X £3.76 head prizes)
    19:30 - £33 BH (X £33.75 head prizes)
    20:15 - £11 BH (X £3.75 head prizes)
    20:30 - £11 Mini (27th £18)
    £6 Sheriff All Ins

Current: £1219.36
  • Options
    Good to see you back and back in the diary and playing again @waller02 . Good luck
  • Options
    rearender said:

Good to see you back and back in the diary and playing again @waller02 . Good luck

Thanks mate. Hit a bit of a dry patch, which is always going to happen, but it's good to back playing anyway.

Solid progress with your challenge, keep it up and you'll hit your 500 target in no time.
  • Options
    Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 160,262
    edited September 2019
    @waller02

Don't forget you won entry into tonight's Main Event via last week's Forum Comp.

I've requested the entry, will let you know when it's sorted, but keep an eye on the Lobby in case I forget to tell you when it's sorted.
  • Options
    Tikay10 said:

@waller02

Don't forget you won entry into tonight's Main Event via last week's Forum Comp.

I've requested the entry, will let you know when it's sorted, but keep an eye on the Lobby in case I forget to tell you when it's sorted.

No worries thanks. Cheers for letting me know
  • Options
    edited September 2019
    Day 42.

Didn't register for anything starting after 8pm tonight as I'm up really early for work in the morning. I wouldn't have played at all but I had free entry into the main event, which I never really got going in.

I'm still having a frustrating time of things. Even though I came away with a very small profit it could have been so much better, I just seem to start running really bad either close to, or in the money.

For example, I was 1/20 in the 17:30 BH then bust in 16th after being rivered by short stacks twice to put me back in the middle of the pack, before losing KK<77 aipf for a top 3 stack 3 off the money. Also lost consecutive 60/40s after making the money in the 19:45 BH.

Reading that back it looks like I'm having a bad beat moan, but it's difficult write about a session without stating the facts (plus I guess I'm having a LITTLE moan). Taking away the positives though, at least I'm getting close and on another night my hands will hold, just hope it's soon because I've been treading water for while now.

It could be worse, at least the bankroll isn't taking a hammering and I'm still enjoying playing, which is the main thing.

17:30 - £5.50 BH (X £7.96 head prizes)
    19:45 -£11 BH (8th £14.18 + £15 head prizes)
    20:00 - £33 Main (Free entry) (X)

Current: £1226.80

Back on the tables on Friday.
  • Options
    waller02 said:

Day 42.

Didn't register for anything starting after 8pm tonight as I'm up really early for work in the morning. I wouldn't have played at all but I had free entry into the main event, which I never really got going in.

I'm still having a frustrating time of things. Even though I came away with a very small profit it could have been so much better, I just seem to start running really bad either close to, or in the money.

For example, I was 1/20 in the 17:30 BH then bust in 16th after being rivered by short stacks twice to put me back in the middle of the pack, before losing KK<77 aipf for a top 3 stack 3 off the money. Also lost consecutive 60/40s after making the money in the 19:45 BH.

Reading that back it looks like I'm having a bad beat moan, but it's difficult write about a session without stating the facts (plus I guess I'm having a LITTLE moan). Taking away the positives though, at least I'm getting close and on another night my hands will hold, just hope it's soon because I've been treading water for while now.

It could be worse, at least the bankroll isn't taking a hammering and I'm still enjoying playing, which is the main thing.

17:30 - £5.50 BH (X £7.96 head prizes)
    19:45 -£11 BH (8th £14.18 + £15 head prizes)
    20:00 - £33 Main (Free entry) (X)

Back on the tables on Friday.</p>

I felt like you on Saturday kept getting out drawn, then Sunday I took a sulk after the main, played well Monday but that's for pride. Tuesday I got outdrawn 4 outta 4 times after being in on flop ahead so stopped after 2 games almost didn't play tonight.
    Today it turned, it will turn for you just keep doing the right things like you are but getting unlucky.
  • Options
    MAXALLYMAXALLY Member Posts: 17,523
    "Even though I came away with a very small profit"

"at least the bankroll isn't taking a hammering and I'm still enjoying playing"

^^^^ Seriously mate, you sometimes dont realise how good a player you are. The above figures are a fact to that sentence. I hate it when I see winning players moaning a little . I wish I could have a night with 10% #runlikewaller ;)
  • Options
    TheEdge949TheEdge949 Member Posts: 5,158
    MAXALLY said:

"Even though I came away with a very small profit"

"at least the bankroll isn't taking a hammering and I'm still enjoying playing"

^^^^ Seriously mate, you sometimes dont realise how good a player you are. The above figures are a fact to that sentence. I hate it when I see winning players moaning a little . I wish I could have a night with 10% #runlikewaller ;)
    What he said.