You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

The Longer Than Expected Bankroll Challenge......next target £5k

Comments

• rearenderrearender Member Posts: 151
    Thanks @Tikay10. Playing a small session tonight to ease myself back into the routine.

Looking forward to it.

Hope to see you tonight Ryan
  • waller02waller02 Member Posts: 9,011
    edited September 2019
    I feel like I've just made a fairly big error, but at the same time I don't really know. The hand is in the clinic for anyone that wishes to give me some feedback.
    Day 46.

Firstly, after looking back at recent posts it appears that I'm in great danger of turning into a miserable, moaning sod. I'll try to sort that one out and keep things positive from now on. I won't moan about exit hands etc. unless I'm asking for analysis, as nobody cares about bad beats, therefore I won't mention losing AQ<AQ in the 7@7.

The first proper session in a week was only going to be a small one and it's over fairly early. Mixed feelings, I felt I played OK but there were a number of errors. I'm trying to improve a couple of areas of my game after watching a load of videos during the past few days, however, I fear I may have over-adjusted in certain spots. I'll keep tinkering away though.

Did run deep in few, spewed off in the 17:30 after being in great shape (see hand in the clinic!), but overall it was an enjoyable evening.

17:30 - £5.50 BH (X £3.76 head prizes)
    18:30 - £5.50 BH (9th £14.03 + £5.74 head prizes)
    19:00 - £7.70 BH (17th £7.23 + £13.45 head prizes)
    20:00 - £33 Main (X £11.25 head prizes)
    20:15 - £11 BH (X)
    20:30 - £5.50 BH (X £1.88 head prizes)
    £6 Sheriff All Ins

Start BR: £100
    Current: £1154.83

Back on the tables tomorrow.

Day 47.

A reasonable night tonight consisting of a min cash in the mini and a 2nd place in an £11 BH.

The highlight of the evening was winning a seat into the Summit, although I only lasted an hour. The fact of the matter is that I felt out of my comfort zone, I VERY rarely play any £110 buy in tournaments and the difference in class from my usual games is certainly clear to see. I felt like every player on the table had an edge on me and I would really need to be playing at that level on a regular basis before I felt truly comfortable. Still, it is always a buzz to be having a shot for a fiver and I was always treating that game as a bonus. In football terms, I was playing Man City away.

In the £11 BH I ran like God on the final table and had a massive chip lead with 3 left, I got the chips in 3 handed for the win with A9 against 77 and AK. The AK won to leave us heads up with even stacks and I then proceeded to be outplayed to finish in 2nd place. No arguments there, he/she deserved it.

A winning night though, which is always nice, especially after the recent dodgy run.

17:30 - £5.50 BH (X)
    17:30 - £5.50 Summit Sat (Semi seat)
    18:00 - £7.20 Main Semi (X)
    18:30 - £5.50 BH (X £5.64 head prizes)
    19:00 - £7.70 BH (X £5.91 head prizes)
    19:15 - £24 Summit Semi (Won seat)
    19:15 - £2.20 Deepy (X)
    20:15 - £11 BH (2nd £85 + £26.56 head prizes)
    20:30 - £5.50 Mini (45th £5.56 + £5.64 head prizes)
    21:00 - £110 Summit (X)
    £3.60 Main All Ins

Current: £1235.74

Won't be playing tomorrow as it's the big match that we have all been waiting for. The Mighty Mariners turning over fat Frank's blues in their own backyard. Maybe. Hopefully. Probably not.

• Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 158,750
    waller02 said:

Day 46.

Firstly, after looking back at recent posts it appears that I'm in great danger of turning into a miserable, moaning sod. I'll try to sort that one out and keep things positive from now on. I won't moan about exit hands etc. unless I'm asking for analysis

Whoa there Ryan, you are always too self-critical.

There are always nights when things go badly, that does not mean we must draw a veil over them & say nothing.

As long as there is good balance, your audience want to hear both the good and the bad. Makes no sense to pretend bad nights don't happen, they do.

It's Team Nutjob that only report losses, "favoured players", turning the RNG up & down, complaining about bad calls by other players that are tiresome.

In a bad beat rant on this Forum a day or so ago, one chap complained that his 8-8 all-in pre had been beaten by A-K. There's a thing.

"The Mighty Mariners turning over fat Frank's blues in their own backyard."

You a Grimsby fan?

Good grief.
    edited September 2019
    I was getting a bit grumpy though to be fair and the forum isn't big enough for 2 grumps so I'll leave that to @Jac35.

Yes I'm a Grimsby fan for my sins, although I've been a bit of an armchair fan in recent seasons, only going to a handful of games. I did try to get a couple of tickets for the game tonight but they had pretty much sold out by the time they went on general sale, which is fair enough as it's only right that the regular fans get first dibs.

I used to go to most games back in the late 90s/early 00s "glory" days. Including two Wembley final victories in 98. Those days are gone now.

I still think we have some of the best terrace songs in the game though, including:

"We only sing when we're fishing" and the fan favourite, albeit a touch distasteful "We p1ss on your fish, yes we do, yes we do"

Grimsby on the whole has been in steady decline since the fishing industry all but died. There used to be a fleet of hundreds of trawlers operating out of Grimsby docks but now there are almost zero, with the nearly all of the fish coming in frozen from Iceland. There is hope that Brexit might result in a turnaround, so time will tell*

*that's not an invitation for any Remainers to start piping up, save that for the Brexit thread...
  • Jac35Jac35 Member Posts: 6,471
    Hope you get relegated
    edited September 2019

So, how did Grimsby get on v Chelsea?
    It was 7-1 (as you well know) but the score only tells half the story. We dominated the clearances, blocks and interceptions. If we could have just kept it at 5-1 then we were still in with a shout. 2 late goals killed us off.

I have never seen 7 goals against the run of play like that before. Remarkable game.

In all seriousness though, our goal was the best of the lot. Slight consolation.
    Day 48.

I ended up playing tonight as I really fancied a game when I got home from work. It was far from A game as I spent a lot of the time watching the match on my phone (see previous post). Would have liked to have come away with a more pleasing scoreline but it was a reasonably strong Chelsea side so it didn't come as too much of a shock.

The poker was mostly average at best, saved by a 3rd place in the 18:30 BH to somehow finish with a profit. A £1 profit, but I'm still booking the win.

16:15 - £2.20 Deepy (X)
    16:30 - £5.50 BH (X £1.88 head prizes)
    18:30 - £5.50 BH (3rd £49.95 + £22.29 head prizes)
    19:00 - £7.70 BH (X)
    20:00 - £33 Main (X)
    20:30 - £5.50 Mini (X)
    £6 Sheriff All Ins

Current: £1236.76

Definitely not playing tomorrow, back on the tables on Friday.

edited September 2019
    Day 49.

With it being the weekend I had a bigger session tonight, registering for games a lot later than I normally would.

Finally won a seat into the Sheriff after countless all in sats throughout this challenge, and got off to a flyer with an early double and head prize. But after losing a 60/40 for a big pot and another bounty I thought it was going to be another close but no cigar evening.

Luckily I managed to win the 21:30 BH for a half decent score to finish with the best evening's profit I've had for quite some time. Part of me wishes I hadn't registered for the later turbos as I would be writing this with a few quid more, but I'm up to a challange high as far as the bankroll is concerned, which I'm more than happy with as I was starting to wonder if I'd got as good as it was going to get!

18:00 - £4.80 Main Semi (X)
    18:30 - £5.50 BH (X £6.10 head prizes)
    19:00 - £7.70 BH (X)
    19:15 - £3.30 Orfy (3rd £12.60)
    20:15 - £11 BH (X)
    20:30 - £5.50 Megastack (X)
    20:30 - £5.50 Mini (1 rebuy) (X)
    21:00 - £55 Sheriff (X £18.25 head prizes)
    21:30 - £11 BH (1st £159.31 + £92.03 head prizes)
    21:30 - £3.30 BH (1 rebuy, 1 addon) (8th £23.24 + £20.19 head prizes)
    22:45 - £5.50 BH (X)
    23:00 - £11 BH (X)
    23:30 - £11 BH (X £7.50 head prizes)
    23:45 - £5.50 BH (X)
    00:00 - £22 BH (X)
    £6 Sheriff All Ins (Seat)

Start BR:£100
    Current: £1439.35

Phew....

You won the Orfordable? Excellent news, well done. Nice boost, both to the 'roll & the self-confidence.

When you eventually move up to higher buy-ins, I'm quite sure you will do just fine. Then again, if you are doing OK at the current level - & £1,400 suggests you are - there's nothing wrong with staying there & just gradually printing money.

"Part of me wishes I hadn't registered for the later turbos as I would be writing this with a few quid more"

Ha, isn't that true of every single one of us, be it MTT's, SNG's or Cash, when we finish lower than the day's high? Same when we play roulette or blackjack or whatever.

"If only I'd quit when I was x ahead".
    Tikay10 said:

You won the Orfordable? Excellent news, well done. Nice boost, both to the 'roll & the self-confidence.

When you eventually move up to higher buy-ins, I'm quite sure you will do just fine. Then again, if you are doing OK at the current level - & £1,400 suggests you are - there's nothing wrong with staying there & just gradually printing money.

Thanks @Tikay10 .

I was 3rd in the Orfordable, the MTT that I won was the 9:30 BH.

I have slowly been increasing the average buy in of a session as the bankroll has increased, I buy into any non turbo £33 Main for example, but I still play £2.20 Deepys etc. to keep the ABI at a reasonable level
  • SidV79SidV79 Member Posts: 4,009
    @waller02 Congratulations on your win in the 9.30BH Ryan, also well done on your 3rd in the Orfy (have posted final monthly table). See you next weekend at Notts and in the meantime run golden at the tables
  • bbMikebbMike Member Posts: 3,699
    Up up up and away. Always nice to take down an MTT. Good stuff.
  • Jac35Jac35 Member Posts: 6,471
    Well played Ryan
    Cheers all, see you in Notts next weekend.

Not playing tonight as I'm watching the Athletics. I think they have made a mistake holding the championships in Doha, the stadium has air con but the marathon last night was a farce. They ran at midnight but the conditions resulted in 28 of the 68 runners dropping out. Also the stadium is half empty and there is no atmosphere whatsoever.

Some cracking races to come though. The womens 100m and the mens 400m hurdles are the pick of the championships for me.
    Played a couple of Sats for the Major, until in the closing stages of the 2nd one I realised that I really couldn't be bothered to play tonight and would rather watch the Athletics then have an early night. So I bought into the semi and took the cash after winning a seat.

I never think it's wise to play when you're not in the mood, it tends to end badly.

16:00 - £5.20 Major Sat (X)
    16:30 - £5.20 Major Sat (4th £24)

Current: £1452.95

Probably back on the tables on Tuesday as I'm busy tomorrow.