You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

The Longer Than Expected Bankroll Challenge......next target £5k

Comments

• Options
    waller02waller02 Member Posts: 9,021
    Thanks both. Far too much wine yesterday.

Been struggling both on and off the tables of late to be honest. Certainly not in the right place to carry on with the challenge without making a complete **** of myself.
  • Options
    bbMikebbMike Member Posts: 3,702
    Happy Christmas Ryan, nice result in the Sheriff where some top players hang out.

What are you struggling with? Results? Adapting to a new style? Any specifics? If you mention what it is you might get some help and feedback. It could just be you need to temper expectations because your results are actually really very good. You can’t get to high stakes crusher overnight but you can build your roll and move onwards and upwards, which is exactly what you’ve been doing very successfully thus far.

GL
  • Options
    Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 161,120
    waller02 said:

Thanks both. Far too much wine yesterday.

Been struggling both on and off the tables of late to be honest. Certainly not in the right place to carry on with the challenge without making a complete **** of myself.

Think you are being way too hard on yourself Ryan.

Look at your Sharky graph from 2nd May this year - it's gone vertical. I'd copy it onto here but I don't seem to be able to copy Sharky graphs.

Any player would be proud of what you have achieved in the last 6 months.

And you are certainly not making a fool of yourself, quite the opposite. There's a whole lot of goodwill towards you on this Forum, there really is.

Keep that chin up, where it deserves to be.
  • Options
    stokefcstokefc Member Posts: 7,651
    ^^^^
    this
    stay focused , you,re smashing your challenge and well played last night
  • Options
    mumsiemumsie Member Posts: 7,397
    Keep it up Ryan, just to inspire me, if nothing else.

• Options

^^^^^

That's wicked, & proves the point, thanks @mumsie.
  • Options
    MattBatesMattBates Member Posts: 4,118
    You can win money but not be happy with results (or other things). A diary like this should reflect reality and honesty makes it a better diary. The trouble is people can look at you made £x whereas a more relevant comparison is results compared to expectations.
    For some breaking even is doing better than expectations and they may have either played better or ran better than expectations.

• Options
    MAXALLYMAXALLY Member Posts: 17,532
    See you moaned in another good result last night Ryan ;)

Joking apart, this is the best diary on the forum by far. It gives hope to players like myself to better themselves. It is completely up to you what content and how much you update. it is YOUR diary.

I hope the Anadin Extra worked for ya this morning, and I honestly wish that you have a great UKOPS and prosperous 2020. Plus I hope to read all about it here.
  • Options
    BrrrrrrrBrrrrrrr Member Posts: 4,202
    Great result in the Sheriff. Diary is always a great read and on your down days stop and take a look at your starting BR and your current BR, it is inspirational.
  • Options
    Jac35Jac35 Member Posts: 6,479
    MAXALLY said:

Joking apart, this is the best diary on the forum by far. It gives hope to players like myself to better themselves. It is completely up to you what content and how much you update. it is YOUR diary.

I hope the Anadin Extra worked for ya this morning, and I honestly wish that you have a great UKOPS and prosperous 2020. Plus I hope to read all about it here.

I know you mean well here Alan and this is no dig whatsoever and i’m not referring to you in particular

But possibly it can be why it’s a struggle sometimes to maintain a diary. We want to keep it totally honest

But when you post about winning, you feel that it can come across as bragging
    When you have a bad time at the tables and post about it then you fear that people will just saying you’re moaning when you shouldn’t be
    I’m very guilty of posting immediately after sessions and it’s often then that it’s at its most raw
  • Options
    Angmar2626Angmar2626 Member Posts: 886
    Would be a shame if you stopped the diary pal. I enjoy reading updates whenever you post them.

If it makes you feel any better, at the point where I started to seriously study and talk hands with good players etc my results got noticeably worse for a couple of months. My biggest downswing is from that period. After a while things just started to click, but I understand how frustrating it can feel because naturally we expect more immediate results to show for our work, not to be punished! Doesn't work like that though unfortunately ;)

If it were me I'd probably try to think through spots in terms of "how would Melt view this spot". If you don't know then ask next session/work harder. If you do know and you played fine but lost money then it quite literally doesn't matter as long as you're rolled for the games you're playing :)
  • Options
    Thanks for the kind words all. Even had a couple of pm's asking if I was ok etc. which were much appreciated. Great bunch of people on here, the best forum around by a country mile.

I feel very embarrassed today. I've got stuff going on, had far too much to drink and let my emotions get the better of me. Not my finest hour.

Regarding the diary/challenge, it would be shame to sack it off so I will carry on with it. However, from now on all updates will be done the morning after a session, plus there will be no more posting when drunk. What a tit.

Tomorrow I will be carrying on as planned with UKOPS. I'm taking a few shots and buying into everything bar the 110 and trying a couple of sats for that. If the br drops below 2.2k then it will be back to a stricter BRM friendly schedule.

Start BR: £100
    Current: £2548.06

Going back to hide under a rock until tomorrow!
  • Options
    Jac35 said:

MAXALLY said:

I know you mean well here Alan and this is no dig whatsoever and i’m not referring to you in particular

But possibly it can be why it’s a struggle sometimes to maintain a diary. We want to keep it totally honest

But when you post about winning, you feel that it can come across as bragging
    When you have a bad time at the tables and post about it then you fear that people will just saying you’re moaning when you shouldn’t be
    I’m very guilty of posting immediately after sessions and it’s often then that it’s at its most raw
    Exactly that.

It is really difficult to give an update after a session where you have bricked the lot without it sounding like you're having a moan, particularly when you post straight after the session. I'm definitely going to save all updates for the following day when the dust has settled.
  • Options
    I'll go against what I had planned and do tonight's update now, mainly because I'm calm and also because I'm busy shopping tomorrow.

A reasonable night overall, but it could have been better if I had grown a pair in the £55 UKOPS. We were on the stone bubble, there were 2 shorter stacks and I had what I thought was a tough spot and an ICM fold, facing a 3b from a big stack. Ran it by Andy and it turns out it was a clear 4b jam or at the very least a call. I folded! I did sneak into money but it's spots like these that I need to improve on as they make a huge difference in the long run.

The frustration of the night was in the Megastack BH where I went from 2/93 to busting in 50ish after AK<QQ followed by a painful KK<K8. That's poker....

I did cash in 2 UKOPS though and along with a 2nd in an £11 BH the night finished with just over £100 profit, which after recent attempts I will snap settle for! Plus it gives me another crack at UKOPS again tomorrow which is an added bonus.

16:30 - £5.50 BH (X £9.40 head prizes)
    16:30 - £5.20 UKOPS sat (X)
    17:15 - £5.20 UKOPS sat (X)
    17:30 - £5.50 BH (X)
    18:30 - £5.50 BH (X)
    19:00 - £7.70 BH (X)
    19:00 - £22 UKOPS Rebuy (X)
    19:15 - £3.30 Orfy (X)
    19:45 - £11 BH (2nd £62.70 + £18.52 head prizes)
    20:15 - £11 BH (X £6.56 head prizes)
    20:30 - £5.50 Megastack (X)
    20:30 - £11 UKOPS Mini (X £8.44 head prizes)
    21:00 - £22 UKOPS Mega (X £16.88 head prizes)
    22:00 - £55 UKOPS (10th £66.75 + £71.49 head prizes)
    23:00 - £22 UKOPS Rebuy (1 addon) (9th £63.70 + £7.50 head prizes)

Current: £2667.20

Back tomorrow.

Apologies again for the drunken rant the other night. It's not a good look!
  • Options

That's a terrific start to UKOPS.

Imagine being able to make £100 profit a night consistently.
  • Options
    edited December 2019
    Tikay10 said:

That's a terrific start to UKOPS.

Imagine being able to make £100 profit a night consistently.

Thanks @Tikay10. The £55 was a learning curve anyway. It's not something I would usually buy into and it showed as we approached the bubble. I should have ignored the buy in and played it like a fiver BH but that was easier said than done. All good fun though and I'll be having another crack tonight.
  • Options
    edited December 2019
    Another session over and it's another profitable one, but it could have been so much better if I could run better on final tables. Very close to a decent score tonight.

The session began with a bittersweet bubble in the UKOPS main semi. Bubble play is by far the weakest area of my game and as such I've asked if it's something I can go over with Andy. I did get £88 for the bubble which isn't too bad from a £5.20 sat. I took the money and ran as even though I'd won a good chunk of the entry fee it would have still felt like I was buying into a £110, which I'm not comfortable with.

The remainder of the session was fairly uneventful apart from final tabling a £5.50 BH and finishing just now with a final table in a UKOPS. This is where the frustration lies as I lost a big a pot when 5 handed QQ<KJ after a heart on the turn left him with just 2 outs, which he hit on the river. It would have left me in the chip lead with 4 left. I did claw a bit back with a lucky A7 v AJ before busting shortly after in 5th. The exit hand was tricky, I had a pair, gutshot and nut flush draw so don't think I could fold, but I chose to check/jam the turn and didn't get there against top 2 pair.

Still, profit is profit and it's nearly another £100 onto the total.

16:30 - £5.50 BH (X)
    16:30 - £5.20 UKOPS sat (Seat)
    17:30 - £5.50 BH (5th £18.19 + £21.31 head prizes)
    18:00 - £24 UKOPS Main Semi (Bubble £88)
    19:00 - £7.70 BH (X)
    19:00 - £22 UKOPS Rebuy (X)
    20:15 - £11 BH (X £9.38 head prizes)
    20:30 - £5.50 Megastack (X)
    20:30 - £11 UKOPS Mini (X £3.75 head prizes)
    21:00 - £22 UKOPS (5th £121.44 + £7.50 head prizes)
    22:00 - £55 UKOPS (X)
    23:00 - £22 UKOPS (X)

Current: £2758.57

• Options
    Late update.

Cut the session short last night as was feeling under the weather, so not much to report.
    Feeling a bit better now so will be playing, although it will only be a short session including all the UKOPS and a couple of others alongside them.

15:00 - £24 UKOPS Semi (X)
    15:30 - £5.50 BH (X)
    16:30 - £5.20 UKOPS Sat (X)
    16:30 - £5.50 BH (5th £23.11 + £24.40 head prizes)
    16:45 - £10.50 UKOPS Sat (X)
    17:30 - £5.50 BH (X)
    19:00 - £7.70 BH (11th £10.40 + £9.17 head prizes)
    19:30 - £33 UKOPS (X)

Current: £2730.52
  • Options

"Current: £2730.52"

Suddenly (it seems) you are in binking range of £3,000.
  • Options
    Tikay10 said:

"Current: £2730.52"

Suddenly (it seems) you are in binking range of £3,000.

Or a big dent tonight. I've reg for everything I intend to play tonight and if I brick the lot then its back to roughly 2.5k, but I'd be fine with that. UKOPS was always a risk worth taking.