You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

The Longer Than Expected Bankroll Challenge......next target £5k

Comments

• Options
    waller02waller02 Member Posts: 9,021
    edited December 2019
    £55 UKOPS 4 off the money.......for anybody who ever types #runlikewaller (Alan) in the chat box
    PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
    TIMBERSmall blind800.00800.0014943.75
    waller02Big blind1600.002400.0014195.00
    Your hole cards
    • Q
    • Q
    Tez_MitchFold
    smith1408Fold
    TIMBERAll-in14943.7517343.750.00
    waller02Call14143.7531487.5051.25
    TIMBERShow
    • J
    • Q
    waller02Show
    • Q
    • Q
    Flop
    Turn
    River
    • A
    TIMBERWinStraight to the Queen31487.5031487.50

Update tomorrow
  • Options
    madprofmadprof Member Posts: 3,305
    waller02 said:

£55 UKOPS 4 off the money.......for anybody who ever types #runlikewaller (Alan) in the chat box

PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
    TIMBERSmall blind800.00800.0014943.75
    waller02Big blind1600.002400.0014195.00
    Your hole cards
    • Q
    • Q
    Tez_MitchFold
    smith1408Fold
    TIMBERAll-in14943.7517343.750.00
    waller02Call14143.7531487.5051.25
    TIMBERShow
    • J
    • Q
    waller02Show
    • Q
    • Q
    Flop
    Turn
    River
    • A
    TIMBERWinStraight to the Queen31487.5031487.50

Update tomorrow
    QQ...my nemesis hand I'm afraid...I even consider folding them pre- but I don't, I shove and yes I get shafted with them more times than not

(picture the scene....my first year of playing poker....seat for Vegas up for grabs..I'm 4/8 in a good spot with the chip leader shoving all in every hand...I get QQ....get the picture?)
  • Options
    Ouch feel your pain there prof.

• Options
    edited December 2019
    Last night's update.

Only had a smaller session as I didn't get started until later than usual. I did brick the lot but there were a few head prizes along the way so the losses weren't too drastic. Besides if the Queens had held it would have been a far different story. That's the game though, you're often one hand away from turning a bad night into a good one.

No complaints, had a crack at most of the UKOPS and although there were no decent scores I did come away relatively unscathed and enjoyed testing myself against the Sky elite.

18:30 - £5.50 BH (X)
    19:00 - £7.70 BH (X)
    19:00 - £22 UKOPS (X)
    20:00 - £33 UKOPS (X £22.50 head prizes)
    20:30 - £11 UKOPS (X £17.40 head prizes)
    21:00 - £22 UKOPS (X £22.50 head prizes)
    22:00 - £55 UKOPS (X £23.44 head prizes)
    23:00 - £22 UKOPS (X)
    00:00 - £22 BH (X)

Start BR: £100
    Current: £2616.16

So that's it for 2019. I'll a give a full update on the 6 months or so of the challenge in the next post as well as setting out some targets for 2020

Happy New Year all. Hope everybody has a great 2020.

• Options
    edited December 2019
    Can somebody with a Sharkscope subscription search for how many MTTs I have played since June 7th please? I was going to scan through the thread and count them, but there's 100s and I kept losing count!
  • Options
    MattBatesMattBates Member Posts: 4,118
    1013 played
  • Options
    MARK277MARK277 Member Posts: 110
    I have no idea how to take a screen shoot on my mac but it shows 1013 played from the 7th of June.

Hope that helps.

Mark
  • Options
    mumsiemumsie Member Posts: 7,396
    I dont have subscription, but I reckon about 1,013 ish.
  • Options
    Thanks for that. I assume that includes all in sats. I'm updating tomorrow with number of fts (was going to put it in a % figure but I guess that will be skewed by all in sats etc.) and also number of wins. I want to use these figures to set some volume, ft and win targets for next year.

In other news......Ian Holloway just appointed as Grimsby boss. Happy New Year!
  • Options
    edited January 2020
    As previously mentioned, I thought it might be worth doing a recap of the challenge throughout 2019 (well about 6 months anyway as the challenge didn't start until June 7th).

So thanks to @MattBates and @MARK277 I know that during the challenge I have played a total of 1013 MTTs, although these do include Sats and All in sats which I haven't included in my FT/Win count so there isn't really much point in converting these into a %.

Anyway, stats below:

FTs: 84
    Wins: 16
    Profit: £2516.16

Now I'm not sure what a good FT to Win conversion rate is, but I'm pretty sure that mine is below average, so that's something to work on this year.

Having looked at these figures I've set out my first month's targets for 2020:

Jan 2020

MTTs: 200
    FTs:15
    Wins:5
    Profit: £300

Not sure if I'll achieve them but it certainly gives me something to aim for and this will help keep me motivated.

I only have 2 targets for 2020 as a whole, both of which may be a tad ambitious but a lad can dream:

1. Hit the 10k target - I feel like this my be possible as long as I can remain disciplined.
    2. Sneak onto the profit leaderboard on Sharkscope - This one is the dream. I don't think I stand much of a chance, but it's definitely something to aim for!

I can't play tonight as I'm on call today/tonight so my first session of the year will be tomorrow.

Happy New Year all. Hope everybody has a great 2020 (where does the time go!).

• Options
    You played 845 games excluding sats since 7 June. So FT 10%, I FT 12.5% of games in 2019.

With FT conversion. I won 25% of FTs last year (also checked lifetime and its also 25%).

Am sure if you grind hard and keep improving you can hit your targets. Best of luck with it!
  • Options
    MattBates said:

You played 845 games excluding sats since 7 June. So FT 10%, I FT 12.5% of games in 2019.

With FT conversion. I won 25% of FTs last year (also checked lifetime and its also 25%).

Am sure if you grind hard and keep improving you can hit your targets. Best of luck with it!

Thanks Matt. So yes the FT conversion is something to work on.

Happy New Year, hope 2020 is as profitable as usual.
  • Options
    madprofmadprof Member Posts: 3,305
    MARK277 said:

I have no idea how to take a screen shoot on my mac but it shows 1013 played from the 7th of June.

Hope that helps.

Mark

Command, shift and 3
  • Options
    DuesenbergDuesenberg Member Posts: 1,740
    Congrats on a very solid first 6 months of this challenge and I'm pleased to see it continuing after a little drunken wobble the other day :). Breaking it up into smaller monthly goals sounds like a good plan too.

I'll certainly understand if you'd rather not answer this next question, but I'll ask it all the same... So, since you started your coaching with Melty, in what ways do you think your game/approach has changed?

Happy New Year and very best of luck for 2020!
  • Options
    Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 161,118

Happy New Year Ryan. I'm convinced you will beat the January target comfortably.

GL m8.
  • Options
    edited January 2020

Congrats on a very solid first 6 months of this challenge and I'm pleased to see it continuing after a little drunken wobble the other day :). Breaking it up into smaller monthly goals sounds like a good plan too.

I'll certainly understand if you'd rather not answer this next question, but I'll ask it all the same... So, since you started your coaching with Melty, in what ways do you think your game/approach has changed?

Happy New Year.

Firstly, well played last night. Decent result to start the year.

To answer your question, you're right, I don't want to go into too much detail. All I can say is that he has highlighted spots that in the past where I would have just called when in fact the better line would be to raise, bluffing in spots where I block the nuts etc. Basically trying to stop being too passive and being more aggressive, and not being afraid to bluff my stack off (in the right spots and in moderation ofc). Also worked on pre flop 3b and re-jam ranges etc and talked about ICM. Pretty much analysed my whole game from top to bottom and highlighted the areas I need to work on the most.

I have only got 2 sessions left now. The challenge then is to take it all on board, stick with the methods and keep trying to improve. Anybody who is considering coaching needs to understand that it is not a quick fix. You can have all the coaching in the world but that's only half the job, the hard part is putting it into practice.

I have already won the money back that I paid for coaching with a few hundred more on top of that, so that has proven to me that it was wise decision. I just hope that I don't slip back into bad habits and can keep improving. As previously mentioned, Andy has been great and given me a lot more time than I actually paid for as he encourages me to post hands, always asks how I'm doing and often rails. Top bloke.
  • Options
    Tikay10 said:

Happy New Year Ryan. I'm convinced you will beat the January target comfortably.

GL m8.

Thanks @Tikay10. Happy New Year. I see we are both Fat Club recruits again, here's hoping we all smash it.
  • Options
    waller02 said:

Happy New Year.

To answer your question, you're right, I don't want to go into too much detail. All I can say is that he has highlighted spots that in the past where I would have just called when in fact the better line would be to raise, bluffing in spots where I block the nuts etc. Basically trying to stop being too passive and being more aggressive, and not being afraid to bluff my stack off (in the right spots and in moderation ofc). Also worked on pre flop 3b and re-jam ranges etc and talked about ICM. Pretty much analysed my whole game from top to bottom and highlighted the areas I need to work on the most.

I have only got 2 sessions left now. The challenge then is to take it all on board, stick with the methods and keep trying to improve. Anybody who is considering coaching needs to understand that it is not a quick fix. You can have all the coaching in the world but that's only half the job, the hard part is putting it into practice.

I have already won the money back that I paid for coaching with a few hundred more on top of that, so that has proven to me that it was wise decision. I just hope that I don't slip back into bad habits and can keep improving. As previously mentioned, Andy has been great and given me a lot more time than I actually paid for as he encourages me to post hands, always asks how I'm doing and often rails. Top bloke.
    Good to see your working on your bluffing!
  • Options
    MattBates said:

waller02 said:

Happy New Year.

Good to see your working on your bluffing!
    I'm obliged to say that while I still have a couple of lessons left ;)
  • Options
    Itsover4uItsover4u Member Posts: 1,534
    When you run sharkscope search dont forget to filter satellites and all in sats as it effects your real roi dramatically with me it has halved my scheduled roi in comparison to roi for just mtts