You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

The Longer Than Expected Bankroll Challenge......next target £5k

Comments

• Options
    waller02waller02 Member Posts: 9,014
    edited December 2019
    Tikay10 said:

Morning Ryan.

Do you - consciously or otherwise - adjust your play close to the money bubble?

Morning Tikay.

It totally depends on my stack size. That exit last night with KK for example, I'm never folding Kings even against a stack that can bust me with a load of short stacks. But I wouldn't be going to war with much worse.

If I have a middle stack then hands I would normally r/c with become r/f or not even an open. It would be crazy to stack off with a marginal hand on the bubble when there are a number of short stacks below you.

If I have a big stack (rare occasions) then I try to attack the middle stacks with a wider range knowing that they SHOULD be significantly tightening up their calling range.

As a short stack it's easy, be patient and wait for a decent spot to get them in.

I use ICMizer for any bubble spots I've played to see whether or not the hand was profitable in the long term.

All the above is always the plan anyway, in game it can often pan out differently. Bubble play is always something I try to improve at, as a lot of the time I shrivel up myself and wait for the bubble to burst.
  • Options
    Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 160,430
    waller02 said:

Tikay10 said:

Morning Ryan.

Morning Tikay.

It totally depends on my stack size. That exit last night with KK for example, I'm never folding Kings even against a stack that can bust me with a load of short stacks. But I wouldn't be going to war with much worse.

If I have a middle stack then hands I would normally r/c with become r/f or not even an open. It would be crazy to stack off with a marginal hand on the bubble when there are a number of short stacks below you.

If I have a big stack (rare occasions) then I try to attack the middle stacks with a wider range knowing that they SHOULD be significantly tightening up their calling range.

As a short stack it's easy, be patient and wait for a decent spot to get them in.

I use ICMizer for any bubble spots I've played to see whether or not the hand was profitable in the long term.

All the above is always the plan anyway, in game it can often pan out differently. Bubble play is always something I try to improve at, as a lot of the time I shrivel up myself and wait for the bubble to burst.
    I think that's the case for the vast majority of recreational players. And it's on the bubble that we see the really good players press home their advantage, they are relentless at that stage. It's scary to watch a really good player as the bubble approaches.
  • Options
    Tikay10 said:

waller02 said:

Tikay10 said:

Morning Ryan.

Morning Tikay.

I think that's the case for the vast majority of recreational players. And it's on the bubble that we see the really good players press home their advantage, they are relentless at that stage. It's scary to watch a really good player as the bubble approaches.
    Couldn't agree more. It can depend how much a min cash means to you as well. If somebody has qualified for a big tournament that they wouldn't usually play then the bubble can be a tense time. The good players are aware of that more often than not and really pile on the pressure.

It's finding the right balance of not playing marginal hands incorrectly whilst trying not to dwindle down to being a short stack yourself.
  • Options
    MAXALLYMAXALLY Member Posts: 17,528
    edited December 2019
    'oh, I have only won one tournament this evening' moan incoming...;)
  • Options
    Another session over and, as Alan predicted, I was all set for another moan.

With it being the weekend I had a bigger session, playing a few of the later turbos etc. I started well with a 3rd in a £5.50 BH, then the wheels fell off a bit. I would probably play 75% of my exit hands the same way again though and I'd much prefer that ratio over ending the night feeling like I had made a tonne of errors. There were mistakes, there always will be, but in general I think there was an improvement on recent nights.

As reported in Alan's spoiler.....I did manage to win the Megastack which really saved the session and put me into profit for the night. Not much, but I needed it. The final table was a really enjoyable battle, particularly when we got to the final 3 with @fredsgirl and @goldnballz. AKA the power couple of Sky poker. As I mentioned at the time, I have a feeling that Keith may be in the spare room as I type this after the hand below that left us HU:
    PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
    fredsgirlSmall blind8000.008000.00267805.00
    goldnballzBig blind16000.0024000.00448774.75
    Your hole cards
    waller02Raise32000.0056000.00547420.25
    fredsgirlCall24000.0080000.00243805.00
    goldnballzCall16000.0096000.00432774.75
    Flop
    fredsgirlCheck
    goldnballzCheck
    waller02Check
    Turn
    fredsgirlBet48000.00144000.00195805.00
    goldnballzCall48000.00192000.00384774.75
    waller02Fold
    River
    • J
    fredsgirlBet96000.00288000.0099805.00
    goldnballzAll-in384774.75672774.750.00
    fredsgirlAll-in99805.00772579.750.00
    goldnballzUnmatched bet188969.75583610.00188969.75
    fredsgirlShow
    goldnballzShow
    • J
    goldnballzWinFull House, 10s and Jacks583610.00772579.75
    Luckily the cards then fell my way and I took it down to save the night.

17:30 - £5.50 BH (3rd £28.09 + £7.94 head prizes)
    18:00 - £4.80 Main Semi (X)
    18:30 - £5.50 BH (X £1.88 head prizes)
    19:00 - £7.70 BH (X)
    19:15 - £3.30 Orfy (X)
    19:45 - £11 BH (X £4.69 head prizes)
    20:00 - £22 Main Rebuy (1 addon) (X £22.50 head prizes)
    20:15 - £11 BH (X £8.44 head prizes)
    20:30 - £5.50 Mini Rebuy (1 addon) (X £1.88 head prizes)
    20:30 - £5.50 Megastack (1st £181.50)
    21:30 - £11 BH (X)
    22:00 - £22 BH (X)
    22:45 - £5.50 BH (X)
    23:00 - £11 BH (X)
    23:30 - £11 BH (X £12.19 head prizes)
    23:45 - £5.50 BH (X)
    00:00 - £22 BH (X)
    £6 Sheriff All Ins

Start BR: £100
    Current: £2322.58
  • Options
    Jac35Jac35 Member Posts: 6,477
    Well played Ryan
  • Options

Nice one Ryan.

Yikes at that hand between @goldnballz & @fredsgirl , absolutely brutal.
  • Options
    goldnballzgoldnballz Member Posts: 2,790
    WP waller B)

Yes that was an enjoyable river....

She was NOT happy :D:D:D:D
  • Options
    Cheers all. Wp yourself @goldnballz, always a ballache on the tables.

I was going to have another full session tonight but have only managed one game. My head is pounding and I can't concentrate so going to give the rest a miss.

The missus is out tonight so I'll just relax and stick the darts on. Not sure if I will get chance to play tomorrow as I'm out for a meal at 4 so might not make in home in time.
  • Options
    edited December 2019
    Got back from the meal just in time to fire up a few tables. I now wish that I hadn't as it was a below average performance. The closest I got to cashing was finishing 6 off the money in the Mini. It seems to be one step forward two steps back at the minute, but I'll keep plugging away.

I'm busy tomorrow night so back on the tables on Tuesday.

On the plus side, I have one more week at work then that's me done until the 6th Jan so a fortnight of beer, grub, UKOPs, more beer and more grub is just around the corner. Then the diet starts again (I say this every year and it always ends with me being a few pounds heavier).

19:30 - £33 BH (X)
    19:45 - £11 BH (X)
    20:15 - £11 BH (X)
    20:15 - £5.50 Deepy (X)
    20:30 - £11 Mini (X)
    £6 Sheriff All Ins

Current: £2239.58
  • Options

What are your UKOPS plans Ryan? Try & satellite into a few?
  • Options
    Tikay10 said:

What are your UKOPS plans Ryan? Try & satellite into a few?

I'm still in shot taking territory. I'm giving myself an aggro BRM approach whilst I'm above 2k. Nothing too crazy, like not buying into 110s or anything like that. It's still a couple of weeks away but if the br is still above 2k by Day 1 then I shall buying into everything bar the 110 and trying a couple of sats for that.

If I drop down below 2k then that's fine, I'm happy to lose the 200 or so and it's back to a more BRM friendly schedule.
  • Options

Yes, that seems eminently sensible.

Hope you have a nice UKOPS bink or two, to end the year on a really positive note.
  • Options
    Tikay10 said:

Yes, that seems eminently sensible.

Hope you have a nice UKOPS bink or two, to end the year on a really positive note.

Thanks. Yeah that would be nice, but it will require some run good and avoiding certain players who hand me my backside on a plate everytime our paths cross. All part of the learning curve though, plus I have contacts who can go and knock their internet off for a few days if need be.
  • Options
    Intoxicated update.

Alcohol stopped play.....

I'm off work for 2 weeks now and due to works do's, and general binging, I haven't played. I'm not sure if I will be back on the tables before Christmas so it will more than likely be a return for a crack at UKOPs.

Therefore, I would like to wish everybody a very Merry Christmas. Top bunch here on the forum so hope you all have a cracking one.
  • Options
    Sober update.

I finally had chance to play tonight after a number of festive social gatherings with family and friends, but the concern was that I didn't really feel like playing (although my liver was grateful).

I fired up a few tables with the aim of seeing if I could get into it. The answer was no.

I hope this lack of motivation is simply due to the time of year and once Christmas is out of the way then the urge to play will return. I plan to return on Boxing day and then with UKOPs starting on 27th the spark should be back. I hope so anyway!

16:15 - £2.20 Deepy (X)
    16:30 - £5.50 BH (X)
    17:30 - £5.50 BH (X)
    18:00 - £7.20 Main Semi (X)
    18:30 - £5.50 BH (X)

Current: £2219.45

Merry Christmas everyone. Hope everybody has a great day.
  • Options
    I'm calling it challenge failed.

I'm struggling bigtime, then to come on here and write about it in as positive a light as I can, only to be told I'm moaning, is too much.

I don't know how else I can put things and I'm not very good at giving entertaining side stories. So I'll call it a day.

Will still be playing. Merry Christmas all, have a great 2020 :)
  • Options
    I should have won that **** btwww

Signing out, what a ****, apologiesssss. Goodnight!

tell you summat though......anyone who's worth it, knows where I am x
  • Options
    edited December 2019
    Morning Ryan.

Can I be the first to congratulate you? Great result. (This was in the £55 entry Sheriff).

You got in via a £3 satellite, so ~£400 is a really nice ROI.

waller02 0 2 £256.25 + £146.49 Head Prizes

Very very well done.
  • Options
    Jac35Jac35 Member Posts: 6,477
    Very well played Ryan

Much deserved