You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

The Longer Than Expected Bankroll Challenge......next target £5k

Comments

• Options
    waller02waller02 Member Posts: 9,014
    Day 71 and 72.

Just played the 3 MTTs on here last night alongside a bigger session elsewhere and came back on here for a full session tonight.

Tonight was close to being quite profitable but I just couldn't seem to win the big hands at the crucial times. I had 3 or 4 nasty ones including 2 that would put the garbage that misterpj posts to shame (shall I start a thread?). It happens to us all and it's just poker, but there is no telling some people.

I did manage a couple of cashes and a few heads so the losses weren't too drastic and overall I'm reasonably happy with how I played.

Tue 5th
    18:30 - £5.50 BH (X)
    19:00 - £7.70 BH (X)
    19:45 - £11 BH (X)

Wed 6th
    18:00 - £7.20 Main Semi (X)
    18:15 - £2.20 Rebuy (1 rebuy, 1 addon) (X)
    18:30 - £5.50 BH (X £3.76 head prizes)
    19:00 - £7.70 BH (X)
    19:15 - £2.20 Deepy (X)
    19:45 - £11 BH (6th £18.20 + £3.75 head prizes)
    20:00 - £2.20 BH (X)
    20:15 - £11 BH (10th 13.53 + £13.13 head prizes)
    20:30 - £5.50 Mini (X £8.10 head prizes)
    21:30 - £11 BH (X)
    21:30 - £3.30 BH (1 rebuy, 1 addon) (X £2.53 head prizes)
    £6 Sheriff All Ins

Start BR: £100
    Current :£1584.93

Back on the tables on Friday.
  • Options
    Jac35Jac35 Member Posts: 6,477
    I think it only happens to me
  • Options
    Jac35 said:

No it's just you, me and pj. I blame the site.
  • Options
    Jac35Jac35 Member Posts: 6,477
    waller02 said:

Jac35 said:

No it's just you, me and pj. I blame the site.
    There was talk of this in my last dym
    @SJspanky1 and I may have helped fuel it 😉

We heard all about the number of pair v pair showdowns on this site
    We knew it was coming when a gutshot hit on the river

I mentioned that the RNG was last checked in 1976 and the other players agreed that it needs revisiting
  • Options
    DuesenbergDuesenberg Member Posts: 1,740
    It sounds like you and Jac both played rather well tonight, which is clearly where you went wrong. Us peeps in the know have been kindly informed that the RNG is deliberately set up to punish world class poker, so bring your D game tomorrow and watch the chips roll in!
  • Options
    I was limping utg with K5s etc. and that's all you can do at the end of the day. Just couldn't catch a break.
  • Options
    bbMikebbMike Member Posts: 3,701
    Hope you threw in a min raise on a min bet 4 way on the flop followed by a 3x pot overbet, just for the sake of keeping world class poker alive and well
  • Options
    Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 160,471

I somehow think the phrase used by misterpj is going to be used with some frequency for a while.

• Options
    edited November 2019
    It's been a while since I updated and that's because there really isn't much to report. I was on call at work all last week so apart from the odd game single tabling, I have hardly played at all. I'm on call again all week this week as I'm a money grabber covering for a workmate who is off work, so again, I shall hardly be playing.

Really itching to get back playing proper sessions but work is work.
  • Options

Glad you are OK Ryan, knew you were working all last week, but it's been a while since you posted.
  • Options
    Tikay10 said:

Glad you are OK Ryan, knew you were working all last week, but it's been a while since you posted.

Cheers Tikay, yeah it's all good. Just been a busy week, only really been popping into the forum for your daily pun attempts :)
  • Options
    edited November 2019
    Update.

So, I had my 5th session with Andy earlier on this evening, taking me to the halfway point of the package. Every lesson has been spot on and there is always something to take away and try to adopt into my game. It's tricky, I won't lie, and a lot of the time it's hard not play certain spots the way I have always done in the past. I get it wrong sometimes, which is natural, but I know that if I keep practicing then what feels strange now will eventually become second nature.

I can feel the improvement coming along slowly and I can't wait to fire up the tables and play. Just a few months ago I honestly felt like sacking it off altogether as my interest in the game had pretty much gone. So that's already a result in my eyes.

My playing time has been limited for the past couple of weeks as I'm on call, so I'm basically just single tabling. 1x Sky, 1x 888 and 1x Party. Managed a decent result of Party tonight, finishing 2nd in a $5 Bounty Hunter for $375.30. There were 770 runners so it was a satisfying score, although I got absolutely murdered HU.

I feel a bit cheeky posting about scores from other sites but the diary is about my poker journey in general. Plus once my coaching is over then any money won elsewhere will be added back into my BR on here as Sky will be my only site.

Thanks again to Andy who popped into the rail for the last couple of tables, even though he was busy playing himself, much appreciated.
  • Options

"....I feel a bit cheeky posting about scores from other sites but the diary is about my poker journey in general..."

Don't be silly Ryan, it's 100% fine.

So glad it's going well.
  • Options
    SidV79SidV79 Member Posts: 4,032
    Great stuff Ryan, keep it up
  • Options
    edited November 2019
    Update.

After 2 weeks I finally got to have my first proper session of Poker and it felt good to have a few tables on the go again.

I was hoping Sky would welcome me back with open arms and with the boom switch in the ON position but unfortunately that wasn't the case. I made 2 fairly big errors, the kind where you know straight away that you have made the wrong decision, but apart from those I'm reasonably happy with how I played and I wasn't a million miles away from a decent night.

The session was saved by a ft bubble in the 20:15 BH. I was a bit unsure with my exit hand as I was sitting 3/7 until I clashed with the one stack that could hurt me. I stuck it in ICMizer as it felt close, and it confirmed that my shove was fine (and his call with AA was definitely fine) so that's slight consolation.

16:30 - £5.50 BH (X)
    17:30 - £5.50 BH (X £1.88 head prizes)
    18:30 - £5.50 BH (X £1.88 head prizes)
    19:00 - £7.70 BH (X £2.63 head prizes)
    20:15 - £11 BH (7th £23.10 + £21.64 head prizes)
    20:30 - £5.50 Mini (X)
    £6 Sheriff All Ins

My bankroll is currently spread across 3 different sites, so I will give a proper BR update as soon as I have transferred everything back over to here in the near future. It is still all winnings combined from the £100 I deposited at the start of challenge, minus the money withdrawn for coaching.

Back on the tables tomorrow.

• Options

Good to see you back, Ryan.
  • Options
    edited November 2019
    Tikay10 said:

Good to see you back, Ryan.

Cheers. It's good to be back.That was my last week on call this year, bar a couple of odd days over Christmas, so I'll be back playing most nights again now.
  • Options
    Another session in the bag and once again it was close to being a really good night if I could just win flips in the crucial stages. Went deep in quite a few, with the biggest frustration being losing a flip for a top 5 stack well into the money in the 18:30 BH. Fine margins.

I saved the session with a win the in £2.20 Deepy, which led to a rather amusing conversation on Skype with Andy. He often checks in to see how I'm getting on etc. and whilst telling him about the result he receives a text from his brother. Turns out it was him who I beat HU and we both messaged him at the same time. Neither of us knew who the other one was but it did shed some light on why he was a pain in backside on the tables, strong player, it must be in the genes. I'm just relieved that I didn't say "I've just beaten one of the worst players I've ever come across" or something, that would have been awkward!

17:30 - £5.20 Summit Sat (X)
    17:30 - £5.50 BH (X £11.84 head prizes)
    18:30 - £5.50 BH (15th £6.09 + £3.76 head prizes)
    19:00 - £7.70 BH (X £2.63 head prizes)
    19:15 - £5.50 BH Rebuy (1 addon) (X £2.81 head prizes)
    19:15 - £2.20 Deepy (1st £49.59)
    20:15 - £11 BH (X)
    20:30 - £5.50 Mini (X £1.88 head prizes)

Back tomorrow.

• Options

Morning Ryan.

The value of multi-tabling shown yet again. 10 MTT's played, & that £50 win in the £2.20 got you across the line. Well done mate.
  • Options
    Tikay10 said:

Morning Ryan.

The value of multi-tabling shown yet again. 10 MTT's played, & that £50 win in the £2.20 got you across the line. Well done mate.

Thanks Tikay. Yeah you're right, it's often the later MTTs that save the day as well so it's always worth playing as many as you can handle.