You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

The Longer Than Expected Bankroll Challenge......next target £5k

Comments

• Options
    MynaFrettMynaFrett Member Posts: 724
    There we go, good man :)
  • Options
    DazlerDazler Member Posts: 3,970
    WD Waller glad to see your doing so well. I reckon you will break that 1k mark very soon keep up the good work :)
  • Options
    mumsiemumsie Member Posts: 7,405

Impressive and inspirational Ryan .

I see a few pages back your confidence was a little low when you dipped below £400 as your previous high was £500.

I force myself to not think like this, compare your roll to your starting £100. Your a long way ahead of that place.

It's like being stuck behind a bus, the bus is doing 22 MPH in a 30 zone and you need to be somewhere, there is no place to overtake. Your cursing the bus.

Just remind yourself, you can drive, you passed your test years ago, you'll get where your going eventually, the bus will be behind you soon.

No need to thank me. Your welcome.

I seem to have trouble with multi tabling MTTS (more than 4) but don't have a problem when it's cash.

And it's worse if I have an odd number of tables running (except one table)

With the above schedule, how many tables would you typically have open at the same time?

And if you are having a good run, are you relieved when your eliminated from some Tournies as it's less hectic?

• Options
    Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 161,321

Good to see this is still going along nicely.

That hiccup last week? Ignore it. They are bound to happen from time to time. Try to think longer term. No matter how well you do, there will always be bad sessions, its inevitable.

GL.
  • Options
    waller02waller02 Member Posts: 9,028
    edited July 2019
    Thanks all for the kind words.

@mumsie regarding the table count. With that schedule I would say on average I have 4-5 tables running at any one time. On the rare occasions where I'm running deep in all the early games then I end up with 6. Both the laptop and I cannot handle any more than 6 but with that schedule you would be unlikely to have more than 6 tables on the go.

I would only be relieved to bust an earlier game if things were that hectic that it was affecting my game in a main event for example but that schedule is ideal really, plus there is always the option to add it in the event of early bust outs.
  • Options
    MattBatesMattBates Member Posts: 4,118
    WP on the win. Don't stress about bricking a session, it happens to all of us.
  • Options
    TWRAMYEPTWRAMYEP Member Posts: 351
    Really nice read, rooting for you.
  • Options
    edited July 2019
    MattBates said:

WP on the win. Don't stress about bricking a session, it happens to all of us.

Thanks Matt. Yeah you're right, it just stung because I went a bit ott with the buyins. I've learnt my lesson now though.
  • Options
    TWRAMYEP said:

Really nice read, rooting for you.

Thankyou @TWRAMYEP the same goes to you with your challenge.
  • Options
    EssexphilEssexphil Member Posts: 8,112
    Pleased for you.
    Keep up both the wins and the Challenge-gl
  • Options
    Day 22.

Tonight's session was a tale of two halves. Started off really well with 3 deep runs, including 2 final tables. I should really have won the deepstack as I had a 3/1 chip lead HU, but the opponent played well and deserved the win.

The second half was a different story. I didn't run that bad but I just couldn't seem to build a stack. However I did win £10 in the freeroll which ensured that my BR scraped over the £500 mark once again. Decided to unreg from the 9:30 BH and have an early night (this has nothing to do with me wanting to stay in the 500 club overnight.....honest).

I would really like to push on from here now because I'm starting to have a nagging feeling that this diary could end up with me forever hovering around the £500 mark. I guess time will tell.

16:15 - £2.20 Deepy (2nd £24.20)
    16:30 - £5.50 BH (5th £15.86 + £11.36 head prizes)
    17:15 - £1.10 Rebuy (1 rebuy) (X)
    17:30 - £5.50 BH (10th £8.24 + £12.42 head prizes)
    18:00 - £7.20 Main Semi (X)
    18:30 - £5.50 BH (X)
    19:00 - £7.70 BH (X)
    20:00 - £2.20 BH (X)
    20:30 - £5.50 Mini (X)
    £10 won in Freeroll

Back at the Gym tomorrow and busy on Wednesday so won't be back playing until Thursday.

Start BR: £100
    Current: £509.42

• Options
    Essexphil said:

Pleased for you.
    Keep up both the wins and the Challenge-gl

Cheers Phil, appreciated.
  • Options
    Didn't take you long to get back in the 500 club did it? Well played.
  • Options
    MynaFrett said:

Didn't take you long to get back in the 500 club did it? Well played.

Cheers mate. It's staying in the club I'm struggling with....

Where did you end up in the freeroll? You looked in decent shape when I bust.
  • Options
    You won't struggle to stay there if you stick with that schedule for a bit though...

It was a bit of a tease in the end and I finished in 4th (the worst place to finish in either of the freeroll FT's) :D
  • Options
    edited July 2019
    MynaFrett said:

You won't struggle to stay there if you stick with that schedule for a bit though...

It was a bit of a tease in the end and I finished in 4th (the worst place to finish in either of the freeroll FT's) :D

Wp and unlucky. Free money though mate.
  • Options
    Day 23.

There was a late change of plans as my Daughter decided she wanted to go to the Gym tomorrow instead, so I settled down for a later than usual start to a small session.

I had my first main event attempt of the challenge after bagging a seat from the semi. I had a dream table, not a single tough reg in sight and 3 weak players that I bump into a lot in the £5.50 BHs (including one maniac who never folds pre and and won't fold any pair). Happy days, wait for a hand and let the maniac hang himself. Well that was the plan anyway, but I couldn't have played much worse. In fact it was me who paid him off when he rivered trips. Would have preferred that table with a standard structure rather than a turbo but beggars can't be choosers.

Should have really finished higher in the 17:30 BH but made a bit of mess of it towards the end with a couple of poorly played hands. Also blew up in the space of a few hands in the deepstack, losing 2 flips in standard spots.

Average performance tonight, I've played worse but I've played a lot better. The bouncers have kicked me out of the 500 club again but I've told them I'll be back.

17:30 - £5.50 BH (11th £7.11 + £7.98)
    18:00 - £7.20 Main Semi (Won seat)
    18:30 - £5.50 BH (X)
    19:00 - £7.70 BH (X £2.63 head prizes)
    19:15 - £2.20 Deepy (X)
    20:00 - £33 Main (X)
    20:00 - £2.20 BH (X £3.57 head prizes)
    20:30 - £5.50 Mini (X)

Start BR: £100
    Current: £494.91
  • Options
    Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 161,321
  • Options
    mumsiemumsie Member Posts: 7,405
    This session doesn't count, clearly your daughter's fault.
  • Options
    mumsie said:

This session doesn't count, clearly your daughter's fault.

To be fair I wasn't too disappointed when she didn't fancy the gym last night. Definitely going after work though before I get into a "I'll go tomorrow" state of mind.