You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

Golf and stuff

Comments

• Options
    waller02waller02 Member Posts: 9,039
    Have you still come to the conclusion that you're toss at MTTs? Because you seem alright to me, well played. Surely you're buying into Notts regardless now, you know it makes sense. :)
  • Options
    hhyftrftdrhhyftrftdr Member Posts: 8,036
    edited September 2019
    Tikay10 said:

And as a PS, & forgetting just for a moment the woman-beating thing, it's rather odd that Boycott got a Sir-ness, whilst Martin Johnson only got a CBE.

I suppose it's all subjective, as is the whole topic of highly paid sportsmen & women being "Honoured". On balance, no, they don't deserve it, but there are a few glorious exceptions.

I certainly would never give any Honours to Premier League footballers, their reward is earning more money in a month or so than many of us earn in a lifetime. Nature endowed them with sporting prowess, & good luck to them, but £x million a year for 15 years is more than enough.

I imagine the years of hard work, sacrifice and dedication probably helped them get to the top as well.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I've never really understood the fascination of footballers wages. If you're playing in the Premier League (or equivalent abroad), then you're at the very top of your profession in an industry flooded with money and incredibly popular around the world. So it makes sense that these top players get a decent chunk of the pie, and it just so happens that a decent chunk equates to a few million a year, give or take.

The Premier League is a huge brand, and players know their worth.

This is the case for most jobs, especially in the entertainment industry where money is awash. Is Brad Pitt worth £20m a film? Were the cast of Friends worth $1m each per episode during the final series? Was Robbie Williams worth an £80m advance for a 6 album deal?

Same in business too, how many CEO's are being paid obscene figures? Didn't some guy from a housing company recently get a £75m bonus? Where's the anger for his wealth?

I think it's important to not just focus on the top of the tree. There are thousands of footballers earning a very modest living, likewise for actors or musicians etc it's just things are skewed by the figures at the top.

And it's just silly when people say 'pay soldiers/police/nurses etc' footballers wages. In an ideal world yes, but this is far from an ideal world.
  • Options
    Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 163,120

Think you have misread my post.

I don't have a problem with the wages they earn, that's supply and demand, good luck to them. I don't believe they should be beneficiaries of the Honours system though, except in exceptional circumstances.

To a degree, also, whilst they have undoubtedly worked and trained hard to achieve astonishing skill levels, they have to be born with the right basic body material. It would not matter how much I trained, huffed and puffed, I could never have been an elite sportsman, my body was just not the right material. I suspect the same applies to you, unless you fancied being, say, a Sumo wrestler.
  • Options
    Tikay10 said:

Think you have misread my post.

I don't have a problem with the wages they earn, that's supply and demand, good luck to them. I don't believe they should be beneficiaries of the Honours system though, except in exceptional circumstances.

To a degree, also, whilst they have undoubtedly worked and trained hard to achieve astonishing skill levels, they have to be born with the right basic body material. It would not matter how much I trained, huffed and puffed, I could never have been an elite sportsman, my body was just not the right material. I suspect the same applies to you, unless you fancied being, say, a Sumo wrestler.

Edited to show that the first comment was in reply to you, but the rest of the word soup was just general comments towards the conversation and not directed at you or anyone in particular.

I used to play for York City in my youth I'll have you know :)
  • Options

York City what? Not football, surely?
  • Options
    I mean, even ignoring your well documented plumpness, you have height issues too.
  • Options
    Tikay10 said:

I mean, even ignoring your well documented plumpness, you have height issues too.

I used to play centre half too.
    If I'd have made it, I'd have been one of those elegant shorter defenders like Cannavaro or Otamendi…..ahem.

Sadly an ankle injury did me in, it absolutely had nothing to do with discovering lager and takeaways.
  • Options

It's the exceptions that prove the rule. This fella can be Honoured.

• Options
    Jac35Jac35 Member Posts: 6,486
    Mtts are rubbish

Satted into the £33bh but didn’t last long
    Had already lost half my stack and then flopped top 2 on a all heart board
    What are the chances of him flopping a flush @HENDRIK62? :)

Bust a load of SPT sats which is unusual for me

Played a couple more mtts and they didn’t go well

Played rubbish at Dyms

Won a couple of buyins at 20nl

Cutting the night short

Did well to only lose £6 :)

It’s prob all rigged
    Good luck all playing tonight

Bankroll £1043

• Options
    Lost £14 on the night but qualified for the £48 semi so kind of won 😊

Pity it was cancelled and that also the gtd seats has been reduced.

Bankroll £1029
  • Options
    MISTY4MEMISTY4ME Member Posts: 6,214
    Jac35 said:

Bankroll £1029

Unlucky or maybe Lucky with your record currently :)

Pity the Quarter-Final doesn't start 10 minutes earlier so that it would finish before the Semi starts, and guarantee that the Semi would go ahead.
  • Options
    madprofmadprof Member Posts: 3,354
    MISTY4ME said:

Jac35 said:

Bankroll £1029

Pity the Quarter-Final doesn't start 10 minutes earlier so that it would finish before the Semi starts, and guarantee that the Semi would go ahead.
    Hey Jac- we both need our RNG turned on, never mind just turning up...

As someone who is (well) known to make a cheap call with 72 just to see a flop- on the basis that statistically, they are just as likely to drop on the flop as any 2 other cards...ahem..
    PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
    Galo67Small blind50.0050.003692.25
    madprofBig blind100.00150.003111.00
    Your hole cards
    eddie80Fold
    TheSwanFold
    dicey7Fold
    Galo67Raise150.00300.003542.25
    madprofRaise500.00800.002611.00
    Galo67Call400.001200.003142.25
    Flop
    • Q
    Galo67Check
    madprofBet1200.002400.001411.00
    Galo67Raise2400.004800.00742.25
    madprofCall1200.006000.00211.00
    Turn
    Galo67Check
    madprofAll-in211.006211.000.00
    Galo67Call211.006422.00531.25
    Galo67Show
    madprofShow
    River
    • K
    Galo67WinTwo Pairs, 7s and 2s6422.006953.25
  • Options
    edited September 2019
    Jac35 said:

Bankroll £1029

@Jac35

Did you receive the refund Paul? Sure I saw you mention that you had not, but can't see it now.

Let me know if you have not had it please & I'll have a word.

Agree it's a shame the Guaranteed Seats were reduced from 3 to 2, (which I intended to mention on Forum yesterday but forgot) but given the numbers the last few days I think that was inevitable.
  • Options
    madprofmadprof Member Posts: 3,354
    Tikay10 said:

Jac35 said:

Bankroll £1029

@Jac35

Did you receive the refund Paul? Sure I saw you mention that you had not, but can't see it now.

Agree it's a shame the Guaranteed Seats were reduced from 3 to 2, (which I intended to mention on Forum yesterday but forgot) but given the numbers the last few days I think that was inevitable.
    hey TK

Are a lot of the regular names (who don't seem to be regging for sats yet?..):

carrying seats forward from previous events?
    planning to buy in directly?
    still on holiday!??

Pity we've seen a reduction in guaranteed seats- understand why and like a number of other regulars, hope it doesn't over influence the decision makers regarding the future of the SPT tour, which is the best get together I've experienced in live poker; great atmosphere, well organised and well attended and the facility to meet up with on line friends.....you can't buy it!

GL to all and hopefully we see an upturn in regs over the next couple of weeks

D

• Options
    edited September 2019
    Tikay10 said:

Jac35 said:

Bankroll £1029

@Jac35

Hi Tony

No, i haven’t been refunded.
    I called CS and i was told that it couldn’t be done.
    They did say the sat would be rescheduled and i would be put in it at that point but she couldn’t confirm when that would be.

Maybe someone with influence could arrange a refund and then i could play another night of my choosing?
  • Options
    edited September 2019
    madprof said:

MISTY4ME said:

Jac35 said:

Bankroll £1029

Hey Jac- we both need our RNG turned on, never mind just turning up...

As someone who is (well) known to make a cheap call with 72 just to see a flop- on the basis that statistically, they are just as likely to drop on the flop as any 2 other cards...ahem..
    PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
    Galo67Small blind50.0050.003692.25
    madprofBig blind100.00150.003111.00
    Your hole cards
    eddie80Fold
    TheSwanFold
    dicey7Fold
    Galo67Raise150.00300.003542.25
    madprofRaise500.00800.002611.00
    Galo67Call400.001200.003142.25
    Flop
    • Q
    Galo67Check
    madprofBet1200.002400.001411.00
    Galo67Raise2400.004800.00742.25
    madprofCall1200.006000.00211.00
    Turn
    Galo67Check
    madprofAll-in211.006211.000.00
    Galo67Call211.006422.00531.25
    Galo67Show
    madprofShow
    River
    • K
    Galo67WinTwo Pairs, 7s and 2s6422.006953.25
    They maybe thought that they were ahead of your pre flop range ;)
  • Options
    madprof said:

Tikay10 said:

Jac35 said:

Bankroll £1029

@Jac35

hey TK

Are a lot of the regular names (who don't seem to be regging for sats yet?..):

carrying seats forward from previous events?
    planning to buy in directly?
    still on holiday!??

Pity we've seen a reduction in guaranteed seats- understand why and like a number of other regulars, hope it doesn't over influence the decision makers regarding the future of the SPT tour, which is the best get together I've experienced in live poker; great atmosphere, well organised and well attended and the facility to meet up with on line friends.....you can't buy it!

GL to all and hopefully we see an upturn in regs over the next couple of weeks

D

I really have no idea @madprof, but all three are probably true.

I doubt it will have much impact on future SPT's in 2020 & beyond, that will be dictated by other matters. That's not to say they won't - or will - continue, as I doubt that anyone, even at the highest level, has addressed that yet. If they have, I'm not aware of any decision. Like you & many others, it's a fingers crossed job now, what will be will be, we just have to hope for the best.
  • Options
    Money refunded

Many thanks
  • Options
    Jac35 said:

Money refunded

Many thanks

No prob, gl with the next attempt.
  • Options
    MISTY4MEMISTY4ME Member Posts: 6,214

You did actually mention it @Tikay10 in 'Who won what on Sunday' ( 2nd sentence) here.......

Very quiet night for SPT Notts too - just 10 runners in the Semi-Final. Don't be surprised if the Guaranteed seats drop to 2 from 3.

Hopefully with @Sky_James kindly moving the Semi forward by 10 minutes, which should ensure it finishes before the Semi is due to start, and some increase in numbers (there were 24 in last night's quarter-final), so there is definite interest there, and maybe with the numbers getting better could @Sky_James possibly add a third all-in, even if it's just midweek, we could get enough players to get 3 or even 4 seats, especially as there will be cash if it doesn't make a full seat, which should help some people decide to play ;)