You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

20k in 2020!

Comments

• Options
    Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 160,573

anti-railing is another term which is peculiar to poker.

railing is another.
  • Options

Is the term "tanking" exclusive to poker?
  • Options
    Angmar2626Angmar2626 Member Posts: 886
    Some good points!

Would assume 'tanking' is an amalgamation of 'time-banking'. On a slightly philosophical note, I think there's probably more variance and luck in real life than there is in poker. Also (with online poker at least) you can turn up and do your best and generate EV depending on how much work you put in. It doesn't matter what background you're from or who knows who. Good times!

Played the morning micros and made £33 which I guess is probably close to my EV for that schedule, who knows. Back tomorrow afternoon for probably double the ABI I played today. Would be really nice to get to the 2k mark this month :)

Winning streak: 21 days

BR: £1829
  • Options
    Allan23Allan23 Member Posts: 864
    Sick run mate, presume there's no way of seeing winning "day" streaks on sharkscope? Pretty sure mine would be in single digits, 21 days is insane
  • Options
    Allan23 said:

Sick run mate, presume there's no way of seeing winning "day" streaks on sharkscope? Pretty sure mine would be in single digits, 21 days is insane

Tyty. I don't think there is but someone else might know better than me. On the 'streaks' section it just gives you winning streaks, losing streaks, cashing streaks.

Like I say, 21 days is rungooooooooot! So many sessions where I've had one table left and needed to FT it to make profit for the sesh and I've come top 3 out of nowhere.
  • Options
    Or I guess you could pick out a section of your graph that looks like variance-free printing (all of your graph mate..!) and filter it for those dates
  • Options
    Viking25Viking25 Member Posts: 46
    I've tried to find a 'winning day streak' on sharkscope but to no avail I'm afraid. 21 days is ridiculous for MTTs, even playing the most low variance schedule it's quite the achievement! Have enjoyed grinding the morning/early afternoon schedule alongside you, long may it continue!
  • Options
    Viking25 said:

I've tried to find a 'winning day streak' on sharkscope but to no avail I'm afraid. 21 days is ridiculous for MTTs, even playing the most low variance schedule it's quite the achievement! Have enjoyed grinding the morning/early afternoon schedule alongside you, long may it continue!

I particularly enjoyed the table we shared yesterday, with the discussion started by those other fine fellows at the table over the notion that 'only the donkeys win on Sky because the RNG is rigged in their favour'. :D

Shame the RNG was rigged against those chaps because they were playing some reeeeeaaalllllllly good poker..!
  • Options
    Booooooooo played for 5 hours, about £100 of buy-ins and ended up -£12

Had to happen some time! Feels like a relief in some ways because previously the prospect of a losing session has felt like a negative thing whereas now it just feels like 'meh, I'm comfortably rolled for the games I'm playing, on to the next session!'

BR: £1817
  • Options

Such a flash in the pan.
  • Options
    MattBatesMattBates Member Posts: 4,118
    edited January 2020
    Sorry its going so bad for you now. What's the plan for the challenge? I hope you are brave and manage to continue it after this massive setback of 1 losing session!
  • Options
    MattBates said:

Sorry its going so bad for you now. What's the plan for the challenge? I hope you are brave and manage to continue it after this massive setback of 1 losing session!

Reset sharkscope and drop down to ABI 50p until I've recovered the losses?

In all seriousness though, it feels quite liberating to think just about what games I could play next session with my roll. I mean I do have 50 buy-ins for the £33 mains now technically!

Just checked and due to a double rebuy in a 5r and the average player being in for like one bullet, scope thinks I just scraped a winning session lol. Am tracking my own results rather than going off scope, hence scope says I'm +1682 for the challenge but my roll is only at 1817 and I started with 200 so it's already out by quite a bit.
  • Options
    Just a quick update as will be back tomorrow no doubt!

Played like 20mins of 10nl with some beers after work on Sunday to get the points for the 2.20 token. Got the points, lost £18 haha. Think 10nl should only be allowed to be played with a beer in one hand at all times. Feels like the majority of it currently is already tbf so may as well just make it a rule :grin:

Monday busiest day of work so never normally play but managed to make time for 5 games or something like that. Got 1st, 1st, 2nd, 6th, 6th for a +130 couple of hours which was very fun indeed!

Played a much bigger session today and literally could not win a hand. Was -80 with one table left, but as per usual with the luck so far in this challenge, managed to win that last 5.50bh for around 100 for a +20 day!! Probably more pleased with that than winning way more yesterday to be honest, feels good to go from a complete brick of a day to profit at the last hurdle.

Got a book called The DIY Investor which is a really good read so far. Also read Rich Dad Poor Dad on the recommendation of @miniman88 Thankfully his book recommendation game is better than his tournament game! :naughty:

BR: £1948
  • Options

Terific stuff.

Nearly there now....

• Options
    Tikay10 said:

Terific stuff.

Nearly there now....

Then just another 9 of the same again...
  • Options
    Just got smashed by the fine folk of the morning games!

I know a fair few of the players read this, but not many ever talk much at the tables or comment here whereas I always enjoy a bit of banter and heckling! :D

On that note, just for fun, here's my morning sched powerrrrrrr rrrrrankings:

1) Angmar2626
    2) @NoEa5yCa5h
    3) @steveysee
    4) @3265
    5) @Viking25

BR: £1905

• Options
    Allan23Allan23 Member Posts: 864

I know a fair few of the players read this, but not many ever talk much at the tables or comment here whereas I always enjoy a bit of banter and heckling! :D

1) Angmar2626
    2) @NoEa5yCa5h
    3) @steveysee
    4) @3265
    5) @Viking25

I take it it was Viking that took all your money this morning then? ;)
  • Options
    Allan23 said:

1) Angmar2626
    2) @NoEa5yCa5h
    3) @steveysee
    4) @3265
    5) @Viking25

I take it it was Viking that took all your money this morning then? ;)
    Haha pretty much! Think he had AA 5 times this morning when I was top of my range :)

There are more than 5 players in the morning games though - top 5 is still good ;)
  • Options
    Viking25Viking25 Member Posts: 46

1) Angmar2626
    2) @NoEa5yCa5h
    3) @steveysee
    4) @3265
    5) @Viking25

Self-praise is no praise my friend! :wink:
  • Options
    Viking25 said:

1) Angmar2626
    2) @NoEa5yCa5h
    3) @steveysee
    4) @3265
    5) @Viking25

Self-praise is no praise my friend! :wink:
    It's tongue in cheek :kissing_heart:

You've made double my profit so far this year so who's the real winner.