You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

20k in 2020!

Comments

• Options
    Angmar2626Angmar2626 Member Posts: 886
    waller02 said:

Fantastic progress thus far. What is the other site you play on btw?

Tyty chum.

It's iPoker. You play on a particular skin and all of those skins join together as part of the same network (possibly what might happen to Sky as part of the Stars network, guhh…). At the moment iPoker skins keep closing/merging/moving so I keep having to change skin and screen name, and actually I've had to do that half way through this challenge! At the moment I play as EsaPekkaSalonen
  • Options
    chrisdonkbchrisdonkb Member Posts: 128
    Ang have you tried, you know, not losing HU? :D
  • Options
    waller02 said:

MattBates said:

Great start to the challenge. Any volume targets for the year? Maybe targets for % of MTTs you make the FT of, % of FTs won? Total FTs for the year?

Given roll is over £1k and its UKOPS......

I once played the UKOPS £220 off a 1k roll - didn't end well!

You trying again on Sunday?

Agree. It wouldn't be too crazy to give yourself a few UKOPS shots whilst the roll is over 1k. UKOPS doesn't come around that often.

I'm taking similar shots myself. If I get spanked then at least it was fun trying. Besides, with your ability a nice score is certainly very possible.
    Unfortunately I'm away for all of UKOPS. This is just my biased opinion and I may be completely wrong but I think the regular schedule is better for shot taking. UKOPS is great fun and the buzz around it etc is cool but last series I thought the fields were much tougher than usual. Christmas may be different though as not full series with leaderboard. Don't let me put you off though, I may be way off the mark!
  • Options

Ang have you tried, you know, not losing HU? :D

HU4ROLLZ? :kissing_heart:
  • Options
    MattBates said:

Are you generally getting to HU with a big chip disadvantage?
    Sample size is obviously really small but profit difference is pretty massive between 1st and 2nd so might be something to spend some time on.

Possibly so. In the games I'm playing atm I think I tend to have a big stack for pushing people around more often than not but people seem to make huge punts on final tables 24/7 so there seems to be a lot of value in letting them all commit ICM suicide. Leaving money on the tables especially in bounty hunters though.

Out of interest just scoped you and lool and both of you have significantly more first place finishes than any other ft position
  • Options
    MattBates said:

Great start to the challenge. Any volume targets for the year? Maybe targets for % of MTTs you make the FT of, % of FTs won? Total FTs for the year?

Given roll is over £1k and its UKOPS......

I once played the UKOPS £220 off a 1k roll - didn't end well!

You trying again on Sunday?

Hahahaha seems like a sensible decision right! I remember at the time I was absolutely convinced that despite playing micros I was actually a high stakes player in disguise and if ever I moved up to those games I would immediately show all those donks how it's done! I believe that's known as the 'unconscious incompetence' stage of the learning process...

Good question, my volume is always pretty weak so that would be a good aim to have. Minimum 2k obvs. My highest volume year is 2.4k I think (lol) so maybe beating that would be a good first aim. I don't even know what a good FT % would be on Sky? Scope counts bounties as ITM so that's pretty hard to track properly too.
  • Options
    Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 160,571
  • Options
    Tikay10 said:

That's him! My favourite musician
  • Options
    DuesenbergDuesenberg Member Posts: 1,740
    edited January 2020
    As it's just about approaching one full week since your last post, I thought I'd give you a bump/gentle reminder :)

By the way, did you not get the memo about MTT's apparently being high variance?

Keep up the good work crusher and I'm really looking forward to seeing how this goes once the roll is a little larger and you can be properly let off the leash :)
  • Options

As it's just about approaching one full week since your last post, I thought I'd give you a bump/gentle reminder :)

By the way, did you not get the memo about MTT's apparently being high variance?

Keep up the good work crusher and I'm really looking forward to seeing how this goes once the roll is a little larger and you can be properly let off the leash :)

Thanks for the reminder! Been away with friends so nothing to update on; had the idea of posting results from previous years as I pass that profit mark this time. Soooooo first up is 2016!

Makes me a little bit sad to look at in terms of how much time I spent playing whilst being really bad at poker and not trying to improve at all. Lots of lessons learnt from 2016 though which is the important thing! Also my highest volume year so far so will be aiming to smash that this year :)
  • Options
    Just a quick post as won't be playing again until Monday earliest. Played last night and got 2/3 outered in the first 10 tourneys. 2/3 outered everyone else in the last 2 games of the night to get back into profit. Funny game! :) Was up about £100 for the night but as I was logging out of the other site I misclick late-regged a 10euro silly turbo thing with about 8bb and bust first hand haha. Just glad it wasn't a 50 or anything like that!

Monday will be back to daytimes. If I can organise my days better around work I should be able to play half days maybe 4 times a week, but that is a big if :D Won't be putting time aside for any specific study atm, just the steady micro grind to 2k. Don't have much control over profit outcomes but would be nice to hit 2k this month.

Oh, and sending @Duesenberg packing his bags from a final table with 74o was a particular highlight of the session!

Winning streak: 13 sessions

BR: £1338
  • Options
    Jac35Jac35 Member Posts: 6,477

Trash play by me obvs - maybe Morse was about to catch the culprit at this point ;) But the showdown of this hand is possibly my favourite ever. Gotta balance our check back river range with the occasional Royal Flush apparently..!

PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
    Angmar2626Small blind100.00100.0011917.50
    accccer03Big blind200.00300.008670.00
    Your hole cards
    • J
    bigfatfishFold
    Rstinson97Fold
    Uggmann13Fold
    AndyBFold
    Angmar2626Call100.00400.0011817.50
    accccer03Check
    Flop
    • J
    • Q
    Angmar2626Bet200.00600.0011617.50
    accccer03Call200.00800.008470.00
    Turn
    Angmar2626Check
    accccer03Check
    River
    • K
    Angmar2626Check
    accccer03Check
    Angmar2626Show
    • J
    accccer03Show
    • A
    accccer03WinRoyal Flush800.009270.00
    I just think that he's not a fan of flushes

Player Action Cards Amount Pot Balance
    Jac35 Small blind 10.00 10.00 1990.00
    accccer03 Big blind 20.00 30.00 1980.00
    Your hole cards
    A

terrytwomore Fold
    poquet224 Call 20.00 50.00 1980.00
    swiftyfart Fold
    Jac35 Call 10.00 60.00 1980.00
    accccer03 Check
    Flop

Q
    Q
    K

Jac35 Check
    accccer03 Check
    poquet224 Check
    Turn

Jac35 Check
    accccer03 Check
    poquet224 Check
    River

Jac35 Check
    accccer03 Check
    poquet224 Check
    Jac35 Show
    A
    accccer03 Show
    poquet224 Muck
    accccer03 Win Flush to the King 60.00 2040.00
  • Options
    Jac35 said:

Trash play by me obvs - maybe Morse was about to catch the culprit at this point ;) But the showdown of this hand is possibly my favourite ever. Gotta balance our check back river range with the occasional Royal Flush apparently..!

PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
    Angmar2626Small blind100.00100.0011917.50
    accccer03Big blind200.00300.008670.00
    Your hole cards
    • J
    bigfatfishFold
    Rstinson97Fold
    Uggmann13Fold
    AndyBFold
    Angmar2626Call100.00400.0011817.50
    accccer03Check
    Flop
    • J
    • Q
    Angmar2626Bet200.00600.0011617.50
    accccer03Call200.00800.008470.00
    Turn
    Angmar2626Check
    accccer03Check
    River
    • K
    Angmar2626Check
    accccer03Check
    Angmar2626Show
    • J
    accccer03Show
    • A
    accccer03WinRoyal Flush800.009270.00
    I just think that he's not a fan of flushes

Player Action Cards Amount Pot Balance
    Jac35 Small blind 10.00 10.00 1990.00
    accccer03 Big blind 20.00 30.00 1980.00
    Your hole cards
    A

terrytwomore Fold
    poquet224 Call 20.00 50.00 1980.00
    swiftyfart Fold
    Jac35 Call 10.00 60.00 1980.00
    accccer03 Check
    Flop

Q
    Q
    K

Jac35 Check
    accccer03 Check
    poquet224 Check
    Turn

Jac35 Check
    accccer03 Check
    poquet224 Check
    River

Jac35 Check
    accccer03 Check
    poquet224 Check
    Jac35 Show
    A
    accccer03 Show
    poquet224 Muck
    accccer03 Win Flush to the King 60.00 2040.00
    Ha! Got to be careful after all of that heavy action on every street!
  • Options
    Played yesterday morn and had a decently profitable session for that ABI. Would be nice not to start each session blasting off two bullets late regging a 10e on the other site whilst playing ABI 4 though :D

Also played this afternoon which went pretty poorly but won a small PLO8 tourney to save the day and just about sneak into profit. Weird how much of an edge you can have in these other games where you hardly know the rules, just by knowing how to play the various stages of a tournament!

Winning streak: 15 days

BR: £1404
  • Options
    Hit the 200 count today and a small profit. Can't play tomorrow but hopefully back Friday morning, all being well! If I'm totally honest, slight frustration is starting to creep in this week at the slow pace of the low ABI, low variance printing machine :D I absolutely can't complain about how things are going at the moment, but the itch to play higher is starting to come back.

This is the third time I've done a bankroll challenge. First time involved lots of shot taking early on and hitting a lucky bink every time I took a shot! Second time I essentially got stuck at the point I'm at now by taking shots and having all of them go horribly. Basically got stuck in an endless cycle of shot taking and rebuilding. That is why I want to plow on until 2k before I start mixing in some higher games. Something about the 2k mark that feels like a pretty solid safety net too.

Not sure if this is the optimal approach though - all thoughts welcome!

Winning streak: 16 days

BR: £1427

• Options
    Jac35Jac35 Member Posts: 6,477
    edited January 2020
    It depends on what you want

If it’s to continue having winning days and make a little bit then carry on as you are. It shows really good discipline

Or you could play much higher buy in games now pretty comfortably with that bankroll.
    I’d still expect you to be winning plenty you’d make inroads into the 20k far quicker

Sats for the main and sheriff as well are cheap ways to play bigger games

Personally I’d do the latter right now if I was you.

You could always drop back again if you went down to 1k

Bear in mind this is from someone who’s probably going to play the main and the £22bh tomorrow night off a £200 bankroll So probably best to completely disregard 😉
  • Options
    NoEa5yCa5hNoEa5yCa5h Member Posts: 608

Not sure if this is the optimal approach though - all thoughts welcome!

Well played thus far.

It is difficult to know what is optimal without knowing what your expected ROI is in higher games and what buy-ins you mean by playing higher. If you know these, you should be able to find a schedule with the highest expected returns, while ensuring low risk of ruin (imo).

• Options
    chrisdonkbchrisdonkb Member Posts: 128
    For the purpose of the challenge Ang, to give yourself the best chance of hitting the 20k mark by the end of the year I would take as much risk as you’re comfortable with in the early stages as building the roll at the start is the slowest part. What abi do you think you’ll be playing off a 2k roll?
  • Options
    Thanks for the feedback guys - seems the vote is in favour of not nitting it up ;)

At 2k the games I'd like to play would be 5.5r, 33 on Sky and 5r, 20, maybe 10r on the other site.

Tbh given how rarely I'm playing evenings atm I know you're just going to say have a bash at the 33 anyway :D The 5rs/5.5r are probably fair game already tbh it's just whether to play them all the time or not. Main one is the 20s as you can play them during the day, so I could potentially play quite a few each week.

I hate sats with a passion unfortunately so no sats for me! No 55s either - not +EV I don't think!

Eventually would like to play the Friday 22r or the Sunday 110 depending which day I'm playing but that would be much further down the roll road, hopefully not too far away though with impending doom hanging over Sky :cry:
  • Options
    Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 160,571
    edited January 2020
    Morning @Angmar2626

Hold up with that "impending doom", you never know, things might work out better than you think. It's close to 2 years since 'Stars acquired SB&G, & nothing negative has happened so far. Whatever happens won't please everyone, but it's too early to assume exactly how things might change.

Of course, I'm whistling in the dark a bit, but I promise you, I've heard nothing bad as to Sky Poker's future so far.

GL with that Challenge, I'm sure you'll be fine. A shame you don't like Satellites, as that would be a very cost-effective route into the Main Events.