You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

20k in 2020!

Comments

• Options
    Angmar2626Angmar2626 Member Posts: 886
    Good morning indeed, let's certainly hope so :)

RE sats, I just don't find them fun. I have a great time playing tournaments though!
  • Options
    DuesenbergDuesenberg Member Posts: 1,740
    Would your current schedule be any different if your roll was £1k right now?

If the answer is no then given your consistent track record of printing at an obscene ROI in micro/low stakes games, I'd say take shots at anything you fancy up to the 33's whenever your roll is above the £1k mark. Your risk of ruin is negligible and you'll be giving yourself a much better chance of achieving your overall goals by the end of the year.

Although you're currently operating within 'standard' BRM guidelines, I'd suggest that you're actually over-rolled given the extent of your edge in the games you currently play - BRM recommendations don't usually assume an ROI of 70%+ and you've been achieving that since way before starting this challenge!

Tikay, I think the announcement of the SPT's for 2020 only covering the first 6 months of the year has had a big impact on the sense of 'impending doom' in the minds of many players. There may be nothing to it but it kinda feels like being served notice in some regard. Sure hope I'm wrong of course :)
  • Options
    Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 160,571

If the answer is no then given your consistent track record of printing at an obscene ROI in micro/low stakes games, I'd say take shots at anything you fancy up to the 33's whenever your roll is above the £1k mark. Your risk of ruin is negligible and you'll be giving yourself a much better chance of achieving your overall goals by the end of the year.

Although you're currently operating within 'standard' BRM guidelines, I'd suggest that you're actually over-rolled given the extent of your edge in the games you currently play - BRM recommendations don't usually assume an ROI of 70%+ and you've been achieving that since way before starting this challenge!

Tikay, I think the announcement of the SPT's for 2020 only covering the first 6 months of the year has had a big impact on the sense of 'impending doom' in the minds of many players. There may be nothing to it but it kinda feels like being served notice in some regard. Sure hope I'm wrong of course :)

@Duesenberg

Yes, I completely get that.

For balance, a few months ago, nobody thought there would be any SPT's in 2020, & 3 have been announced, so that's a big + I would have thought. It's possible there will be more, too. Not saying there will, but it's not impossible.

I do agree that the lack of vision as to where the site is headed is not a good thing. All I can say is that as soon as anything firm is decided, it'll be put up on the Forum, probably by Sam or James. It's my understanding that at present the route forward is not fully decided. They might know & have not told me, but they have always been straight with me.

So, for now, it's as you were, so to speak.

• Options

Fair points.

Thoughts on this sched for Sunday then? I have to be up early Monday so only really want to be up past midnight if it's a deep run in something big. Don't want it to be 1am with 30 left in some 5.50 :D

Obvs doesn't account for rebuys, and Euro conversions are approximate:

• Options
    Looks good to me although I'd definitely suggest adding in the mini on Sky - it's the biggest paying one of the week (unless ~£500 isn't worth staying up past bedtime for?).
  • Options
    Got back late Sunday with not enough time for tournies so just loaded up some 10nl. 140BI seems like a joke but I'm not too great at cash! I'm ok at the theory, I just lack the patience and discipline for it and my enthusiasm starts to nose-dive after about 20mins :D Anyway, played for an hour and won 2 buy-ins which will add to the roll. Will jump into some 20nl at some point I'm sure.

Decided today was the day for firing some higher MTTs! Nothing higher than 5.50 on Sky runs of course so I played all the 5.50s, but played a 5r and a couple of 20s on the other site, along with some other low stakes stuff. Was in for approaching 10% of my roll and everything going horribly, maybe won 2/20 flips today, but won a Sky 1r and 4th in a 20 to save the day and some small profit. It's not deliberate this winning a small amount every session! I'd much rather have some losing sessions followed by a big win or two, and progress would definitely be quicker that way :) Back tomorrow anyway for another go!

Should hopefully be able to play Fri evening and if so, will definitely have a go at the Mini. Friday Main would be a bit thin yet methinks!

Winning streak: 17 days... inb4 losing Wednesday and big win Friday :D

BR: £1472
  • Options

Good stuff @Angmar2626

Am definitely not bokking you or wishing you ill, but in some ways a losing session would not be bad, as it must be on your mind a lot now, & possibly affecting how you play.

• Options
    Tikay10 said:

Good stuff @Angmar2626

Am definitely not bokking you or wishing you ill, but in some ways a losing session would not be bad, as it must be on your mind a lot now, & possibly affecting how you play.

yeah I think getting my backside handed to me is long overdue!
  • Options
    My stamina for any session over 4 hours is appalling haha! 5 hours into this afternoon's games I jammed the river on a FT thinking I had a straight. The guy tank/called off and my reaction was something like "Yes he called! Wait, why are the chips heading over to him? Oh, I have bottom pair, awwww mannnnn!"

Made a few micro FTs, nothing to write home about, but got 3rd in a 5r for 150ish, which whilst small change to some, is pretty huge for the challenge at this stage - like an extra 10% added to my roll!

Over the last week I've been pretty amazed at the number of people wishing me well with the challenge in the chat box at the tables, a lot of whom I've never seen on the forum. Always nice to know people are reading :)

Will be back Friday night to win the Mini ;)

Winning streak: 18 days

BR: £1591
  • Options

My stamina for any session over 4 hours is appalling haha! 5 hours into this afternoon's games I jammed the river on a FT thinking I had a straight. The guy tank/called off and my reaction was something like "Yes he called! Wait, why are the chips heading over to him? Oh, I have bottom pair, awwww mannnnn!"

Made a few micro FTs, nothing to write home about, but got 3rd in a 5r for 150ish, which whilst small change to some, is pretty huge for the challenge at this stage - like an extra 10% added to my roll!

Over the last week I've been pretty amazed at the number of people wishing me well with the challenge in the chat box at the tables, a lot of whom I've never seen on the forum. Always nice to know people are reading :)

Will be back Friday night to win the Mini ;)

Winning streak: 18 days

BR: £1591

Well done.

Never ceases to amaze me how many people "read only" the Forum but never post.
  • Options
  • Options
    edited January 2020

Hahaha <3

Definite sun-running involved atm! Poker is such a huuuuuuge confidence game too. First downswing of the challenge will be the test!
  • Options
    Played this morning in lieu of tonight. Got some last minute plans with friends and I'm not yet at the level of commitment to the cause where I'll turn down social stuff for playing the micros :D

Pretty meh session, won £15. Can't play MTTs until Tuesday now unless I play either drunk or hungover one day this weekend, but am a handful of points away from the £2.30 token so will probably pop back in to play a little drunk and/or hungover cash!

Winning streak: 19 days

BR: £1606
  • Options
    Had a change of plans last night and so last minute hopped into a big MTT session! Have played tournaments semi-seriously for a few years now so have a grasp of variance/bad runs etc, but last night I was genuinely in shock at how badly things were going. Just lost every single all-in over and over again. Pretty painful tbh building up stacks in everything just to get sucked out on in ridiculous spots and moaning to anyone who'd listen :D Bricked absolutely everything and was left with one table outside of the money. Probably the biggest demolition of a money bubble I've ever managed in my life and managed to approach the bubble as a big stack and get a full double up entirely from small pots without going to showdown. Was definitely enjoyable! Anyway, at this point I was about -100 for the session but managed to catch some luck and finished second for 300ish, which is another great result for the challenge! Had a fun rail too :)

I genuinely ran so so poorly for the majority of the session, but I can't stress enough how much the fact I ended up in profit was just so so lucky. Not in terms of sucking out, just getting hands when I needed them, things going my way, getting big bluffs through in important spots. Think 9 times out of 10 I just min cash that last tournament and end up with a chunky-ish dent in the roll. I'll take the luck whilst it lasts though! But I do want to make the point that 20 winning sessions in a row is basically just luck :D

Winning streak: 20 days

BR: £1796

• Options
    Another previous year's results by-passed - 2015:

Nothing much interesting to say really, except huge micro-stakes heater near the start lol.

Also remember the result at game 1500ish was my biggest result ever at that point - for like 500. After that game I decided "lol I must be a high stakes player now", moved up stakes and just got smashed for way more than I had won in that tournament :D

• Options

Good work.

What will arrive first - £2,000, or the end of the winning streak?

I will plump for the end of the winning streak. Don't fret, that's my famous reverse anti-bok. Never fails to fail.
  • Options
    Tikay10 said:

Good work.

I will plump for the end of the winning streak. Don't fret, that's my famous reverse anti-bok. Never fails to fail.

Tyty! End of the winning streak first I guess - can't go on forever!

Whilst you mention it, what is the origin of the term 'bok'? I get what it means but no clue where it comes from !
  • Options

Tikay10 said:

Good work.

Whilst you mention it, what is the origin of the term 'bok'? I get what it means but no clue where it comes from !
    That's a very good question @Angmar2626 & I've no idea of the answer.

In my personal experience the term is (almost entirely) limited to poker, & in more recent times, sports betting. I've never heard the term outside of those spheres, despite the fact that the term is universal in poker. Right across the world, "bok" is used in poker. Whenever I try to use the term in everyday non-poker convo, folks say "what does bok mean?".
  • Options
    Jac35Jac35 Member Posts: 6,477
    Tikay10 said:

Tikay10 said:

Good work.

In my personal experience the term is (almost entirely) limited to poker, & in more recent times, sports betting. I've never heard the term outside of those spheres, despite the fact that the term is universal in poker. Right across the world, "bok" is used in poker. Whenever I try to use the term in everyday non-poker convo, folks say "what does bok mean?".
    Being a grumpy sort, the other night a bunch of kids came in the pub and they were really loud and obnoxious. I said said to a mate that they were putting me on tilt
    Blank look back
  • Options
    Jac35 said:

Tikay10 said:

Tikay10 said:

Good work.

Being a grumpy sort, the other night a bunch of kids came in the pub and they were really loud and obnoxious. I said said to a mate that they were putting me on tilt
    Blank look back
    Another good example that as poker players we are in a bubble, a sort of world of our own, with it's own mannerisms & language. We assume everyone outside that bubble understands us, but they don't.