You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

20k in 2020!

Comments

• Options
    Angmar2626Angmar2626 Member Posts: 886
    Popped in for an evening session and had a shocker! Tonne of min cashes and not much else. Still, despite things clearly not going well, managed to hang in there and battle for a few extra pennies to scrape a small profit of £18 or something.

Quite pleased with myself for forcing myself to do that rather than just stopping registering and calling it an early night. Minimising the losses and really zoning in on the last table when you know it's still going to be a less than stellar session overall has a pretty big impact on your overall winrate, despite not being much fun. Not my idea btw, just shamelessly plagiarising the words of Sensei @MattBates in a previous thread!

Hardly earth shattering results atm but that is going to be the case whilst the roll is building up. 2k will be when the yule log hits the fan.

The winning days streak continues though lol!

BR: £1082
  • Options
    madprofmadprof Member Posts: 3,299
    MattBates said:

Black cherry or classic duck a l'orange sauce for xmas lunch?
  • Options
    MattBatesMattBates Member Posts: 4,118

Popped in for an evening session and had a shocker! Tonne of min cashes and not much else. Still, despite things clearly not going well, managed to hang in there and battle for a few extra pennies to scrape a small profit of £18 or something.

Quite pleased with myself for forcing myself to do that rather than just stopping registering and calling it an early night. Minimising the losses and really zoning in on the last table when you know it's still going to be a less than stellar session overall has a pretty big impact on your overall winrate, despite not being much fun. Not my idea btw, just shamelessly plagiarising the words of Sensei @MattBates in a previous thread!

Hardly earth shattering results atm but that is going to be the case whilst the roll is building up. 2k will be when the yule log hits the fan.

Another option is to play spins, get in a bigger hole and play till 4am to get back to even! This is great fun!

• Options
    MattBates said:

Another option is to play spins, get in a bigger hole and play till 4am to get back to even! This is great fun!

This does very much not sound like fun! No spins for me :)
  • Options
    edited December 2019
    Played again tonight and ran deep in everything but couldn't claim any trophies. Still £100 profit at micros whilst watching Inspector Morse with family doesn't sound the worst way to make £100!

Will probs play Boxing Day and will be the last session of this year. May have a cheeky shot at the £33 :)

11 straight winning sessions :flushed:

BR: £1192

Merry Christmas!
  • Options
    Trash play by me obvs - maybe Morse was about to catch the culprit at this point ;) But the showdown of this hand is possibly my favourite ever. Gotta balance our check back river range with the occasional Royal Flush apparently..!
    PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
    Angmar2626Small blind100.00100.0011917.50
    accccer03Big blind200.00300.008670.00
    Your hole cards
    • J
    bigfatfishFold
    Rstinson97Fold
    Uggmann13Fold
    AndyBFold
    Angmar2626Call100.00400.0011817.50
    accccer03Check
    Flop
    • J
    • Q
    Angmar2626Bet200.00600.0011617.50
    accccer03Call200.00800.008470.00
    Turn
    Angmar2626Check
    accccer03Check
    River
    • K
    Angmar2626Check
    accccer03Check
    Angmar2626Show
    • J
    accccer03Show
    • A
    accccer03WinRoyal Flush800.009270.00
  • Options
    Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 160,573

Weird.
  • Options
    Tikay10 said:

Weird.

I guess it could be a misclick! But they took a few seconds before checking as if they were thinking about it (may just have been playing lots of tables or watching TV detective shows). Maybe they wanted to show people that a Royal Flush had been dealt - is that a thing!? Didn't say anything in chat though despite numerous 'VNH'
  • Options
    Last session of 2019 and made roughly £60. Still playing micro MTTs so it's a nice return but feels salty to final table bubble the biggest buy-in of the evening on the other site limp/jamming bvb with 66 against an aggro reg and getting called by 33 for heaps and losing.

On the other hand, profits from the tables are over £1k for December/start of this challenge which I'm very happy with at this stage of the roll-building! Realistically couldn't have gone much better looking at the month as a whole :)

Would like to post graph of challenge so far but half the games from tonight are still running, so will brag post another time ;)

Glgl to everyone playing UKOPS! Looking forward to reading about it!

Winning streak: 12 days

BR: £1251
  • Options
    Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 160,573

Music to your ears.
  • Options
    Jac35Jac35 Member Posts: 6,477
    Would you take 14k right now in your bank account and not be able to play a single hand of poker until 01/01/21?
  • Options
    Tikay10 said:

Music to your ears.

Quite so!
  • Options
    edited December 2019
    Jac35 said:

Would you take 14k right now in your bank account and not be able to play a single hand of poker until 01/01/21?

I don't think so. Not because I think I have a higher EV than that; no idea if I do or not (probably don't). Sounds horribly cliché to say, but it's more about the journey than the destination blah blah blah. I like having a goal and something to work towards and I think that's more important than the money. Plus poker is fun! Ask me again in a month when I'm -£300 for January :D

And yourself, same question? You seem to love the game too much to be bought off?
  • Options

To balance the graph posting range somewhat:

Small sample but I'm getting owned HU atm. Whether or not it's short term variance, I do notice I tend to relax a bit once I get HU and think of it almost as job done, whereas you should really be battling hardest at that point! Something to improve on.
  • Options
    Jac35Jac35 Member Posts: 6,477
    edited December 2019

Jac35 said:

I don't think so. Not because I think I have a higher EV than that; no idea if I do or not (probably don't). Sounds horribly cliché to say, but it's more about the journey than the destination blah blah blah. I like having a goal and something to work towards and I think that's more important than the money. Plus poker is fun! Ask me again in a month when I'm -£300 for January :D

And yourself, same question? You seem to love the game too much to be bought off?
    Good answer
    I kind of thought you’d say that

To answer your question. I’d definitely take 14k. Seeing as my target is only £10k ;)

But seriously
    An unusual bad read from you there
    If i was offered anywhere near what i feel that i need to make next year then i would snap take it.

Sadly for me online poker is just a chore these days. I’m lucky enough to make a bit from it and i enjoy having spending money for a few nice things
    But i really don’t enjoy playing much and would rather do other things
    There’s obviously still a buzz though when i do ok in mtts

I still love playing live though.
  • Options
    waller02waller02 Member Posts: 9,015
    Fantastic progress thus far. What is the other site you play on btw?
  • Options
    Are you generally getting to HU with a big chip disadvantage?
    Sample size is obviously really small but profit difference is pretty massive between 1st and 2nd so might be something to spend some time on.
  • Options
    Great start to the challenge. Any volume targets for the year? Maybe targets for % of MTTs you make the FT of, % of FTs won? Total FTs for the year?

Given roll is over £1k and its UKOPS......

I once played the UKOPS £220 off a 1k roll - didn't end well!

You trying again on Sunday?
  • Options
    waller02waller02 Member Posts: 9,015
    edited December 2019
    MattBates said:

Great start to the challenge. Any volume targets for the year? Maybe targets for % of MTTs you make the FT of, % of FTs won? Total FTs for the year?

Given roll is over £1k and its UKOPS......

I once played the UKOPS £220 off a 1k roll - didn't end well!

You trying again on Sunday?

Agree. It wouldn't be too crazy to give yourself a few UKOPS shots whilst the roll is over 1k. UKOPS doesn't come around that often.

I'm taking similar shots myself. If I get spanked then at least it was fun trying. Besides, with your ability a nice score is certainly very possible.
  • Options
    Jac35 said:

Jac35 said:

Good answer
    I kind of thought you’d say that

To answer your question. I’d definitely take 14k. Seeing as my target is only £10k ;)

But seriously
    An unusual bad read from you there
    If i was offered anywhere near what i feel that i need to make next year then i would snap take it.

Sadly for me online poker is just a chore these days. I’m lucky enough to make a bit from it and i enjoy having spending money for a few nice things
    But i really don’t enjoy playing much and would rather do other things
    There’s obviously still a buzz though when i do ok in mtts

I still love playing live though.
    I don't even know what I'm looking at when it comes to DYM results but your MTT results are decent. Live MTT challenge? LolSampleSizes for live tournies puts me off :neutral: