You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

FAT CLUB...The sequel

Comments

• Options
    LARSON7LARSON7 Member Posts: 4,491
    For anyone looking to start up running, which I know can be daunting if it’s something you’ve not done for years/ ever, give the couch to 5k app a try.

It’s designed and made by the NHS to help beginners start to run.

It’s a 9 week programme, starting slow and building up every week.

So the first week will be walk 5 mins, gentle jog for 1 minute, walk for 2 minutes, that kind of thing so it gently builds up.

It is a great thing and worth a shot for anyone wanting to get into running or doing a bit more excercise.
  • Options
    madprofmadprof Member Posts: 3,299
    pompeynic said:

Tikay10 said:

Thanks guys.

Probably easier to lose weight during lockdown but really it makes little difference. When I have my diet-head on I'm incredibly disciplined & never vary my intake.

I was hoping for 12st by the time I was due to go to Vegas, end of May, but I would have missed that by a few lbs. I'll probably stick at it now though until I hit 12st. With it so awkward to go shopping at the moment, there's little temptation to be trying to buy sticky buns every day.

When hard-dieting, even basic diet food tastes sooo good.

Indeed, When you only have proper food, no temptations, the basics can be very tasty.
    The refined sugar, excessive fat and salt in processed foods are IMO addictive and as soon as you start eating them, you begin to crave them. I am a little surprised food companies have got away without the same sort of intervention tobacco companies have had. I wonder though if the current situation may not rekindle home baking which,theoretically will be healthier . When this is all over I think a great many things will have to change .

Ok.
    Firstly thanks to @pompeynic for the encouragement and advice. So here's the rub.

I've dug out my Slimming World file and that's going to be my dietary bible for the foreseeable future. I am also doing a food diary which I'm going to email to my slimming group leader every week.

Going to do the simulation of Snowdon starting today in 10 bloc increments, until my fitness improves and then I'll simply increase. Target is to do the first ascent by Friday.

Also dug out some old weights so am currently putting a routine in place with light weight and huge volume to gain cardio benefits rather than strength.

I have a mountain bike that hasn't seen the light of day for about 18 months but really don't know whether I'm actually fit enough to ride it. It's one thing being a mass of sweating blubber in a spinning class, it's entirely another to do it on the street.

Well I'm off to do the first 10 sets of stairs.

Stay safe

GL with this....I re started this Again this year but also having limited success due to this lockdown....

A small tip which works for me....( when I do it)

If you are still having full meals and have got different sized plates...the caterer in me will tell you

a side plate is 5/6 dia( ignore that size as that’s only good for a sandwich)

a fish/dessert plate 7/8” dia This is the size you need to use ) instead of

a dinner plate 9-11”....this is the standard range of sizes and it’s the one to avoid, especially if you normally pile a plate up!!

It’s just kiddology, tricking you into a smaller portion size but trust me it works HELPS!

GL
  • Options
    12:10:2

Happy to be back at 12:10. Hope everyone is doing well and keeping safe.
  • Options
    Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 160,319
  • Options

Starting weight January 1st - 14st 12.5 lbs

Weigh-in, January 10th - 14st 2lbs

Weigh-in January 17th - 13st 13.5lbs

Weigh-in January 24th - 13st 10.5lbs

Weigh-in January 31st - 13st 8.5lbs

Weigh-in February 7th - 13st 7.75lbs

Weigh-in February 14th - 13st 7.75lbs

Weigh-in February 21st - 13st 5.75lbs

Weigh-in February 28th - 13st 4lbs

Weigh-in March 6th - 13st 2.5lbs

Weigh-in March 13th - 13st 0.5lbs

Weigh-in March 20th - 12st 13.75lbs

Weigh-in March 27th - 12st 11.75lbs

Weigh-in April 3rd - 12st 11lbs

Weigh-in April 10th - 12st 10.5lbs

Weigh-In April 17th 12st 9lbs

Weigh-In April 24th 12st 8.25lbs

Loss this week = 0.75lbs

Total Loss to date - 32.25.lbs (2 stone 4.25 lbs)

• Options
    GlenelgGlenelg Member Posts: 6,550
    Pretty sure i've said this before BUT i really admire you guys ..esp TK. Well done. Its gotta be tough on "lockdown". So as misterpj & Aretha would say... R.E.S.P.E.C.T..
  • Options
    TheEdge949TheEdge949 Member Posts: 5,160
    Another solid loss Tony. Hey we could run another comp to guess the primary colour of your socks each week. Winner gets a £11 tourney entry lol.

Will be putting my first weigh in up here on Monday.

Only managed to ascend as far as Clogwyn Station (Llanberis Path) so far, about 70% of what I was aiming for by this evening (210 sets of steps out of the 300 target ).

It's amazing how quickly the fitness levels degrade over just a few weeks of inactivity, still will knock the rest off over Sat / Sun and ready to start again on Monday.

Eating healthy, nutritious, food. Drinking plenty of water and virtually no alcohol and not snacking so hoping for a nice little loss to kick me off.

Stay safe

• Options

Another solid loss Tony. Hey we could run another comp to guess the primary colour of your socks each week. Winner gets a £11 tourney entry lol.

Will be putting my first weigh in up here on Monday.

Only managed to ascend as far as Clogwyn Station (Llanberis Path) so far, about 70% of what I was aiming for by this evening (210 sets of steps out of the 300 target ).

It's amazing how quickly the fitness levels degrade over just a few weeks of inactivity, still will knock the rest off over Sat / Sun and ready to start again on Monday.

Eating healthy, nutritious, food. Drinking plenty of water and virtually no alcohol and not snacking so hoping for a nice little loss to kick me off.

Stay safe

True, but the reverse is also true - we can regain fitness - by degrees - surprisingly quickly.

I'm backing you to lose at least 7lbs by your next weigh-in.
  • Options
    Ok first week into the new regime.

Starting weight April 20 2010 was 24st 6lb

Monday April 27 23st 10lb - 10lb total loss to date 10lb

That's a good first week under my belt and feeling happy about things.
    Going to keep on with the "Snowdon" ascent thing and the weight programme and also looking at the couch to 5k, although the actual thought of running fills me with a dread I can't describe.

Foods been good. I'm using the Slimming World food optimising plan, mainly because I know and understand it and it's something I'm comfortable with.

Onward and downward

Stay safe, stay healthy

Mark
  • Options
    edited April 2020
    @TheEdge949

That's a great start Mark. You just gotta keep that discipline now. As you know, after a few weeks it gets much easier, especially when you start feeling the benefit & clothes don't feel so tight.

Another 3 or 4lbs next week & you'll be rocking & rolling.

Pleased for you, now keep it going mate.
  • Options
    Starting weight 24st 6lb

weight last wk 23st 10lb

Todays weight 23st 8lb

weekly + / - -2lb

total loss 12lb

Ok not quite the loss I was hoping for but it's better than a kick in the nuts.

Don't know if the body just got a bit like whoa what's going on here at the realisation it wasn't getting garbage to live off, but hey the loss is a loss and I'll take it.

Same again next week and that's the first stone away, so here's to hitting that.

Onward and downward eh.

Mark
  • Options
  • Options

Starting weight January 1st - 14st 12.5 lbs

Weigh-in, January 10th - 14st 2lbs

Weigh-in January 17th - 13st 13.5lbs

Weigh-in January 24th - 13st 10.5lbs

Weigh-in January 31st - 13st 8.5lbs

Weigh-in February 7th - 13st 7.75lbs

Weigh-in February 14th - 13st 7.75lbs

Weigh-in February 21st - 13st 5.75lbs

Weigh-in February 28th - 13st 4lbs

Weigh-in March 6th - 13st 2.5lbs

Weigh-in March 13th - 13st 0.5lbs

Weigh-in March 20th - 12st 13.75lbs

Weigh-in March 27th - 12st 11.75lbs

Weigh-in April 3rd - 12st 11lbs

Weigh-in April 10th - 12st 10.5lbs

Weigh-In April 17th 12st 9lbs

Weigh-In April 24th 12st 8.25lbs

Weigh-in May 1st 12st 7.5lbs

Loss this week = 0.75lbs

Total Loss to date - 33.lbs (2 stone 5 lbs)

• Options

This was last Friday's weigh-in which I forgot to post.

It's very slow now, but can't expect much better at this stage of the diet when all the easy flub has gone.

Current plan is to finish the diet at the end of May, by which time I should be around 12st 4lbs or thereabouts.

• Options
    Mate its going really well for you, great consistency.

Just keep it together until the end of the month, you already have a chart that any dieter would be proud of.
  • Options
    chillingchilling Member Posts: 3,774
    The sooner it’s off, the better.

• Options
    madprofmadprof Member Posts: 3,299
    whatever and however she did it, i need to try ... I believe a lot of pirates was responsible

• Options
    pompeynicpompeynic Member Posts: 2,821
    madprof said:

whatever and however she did it, i need to try ... I believe a lot of pirates was responsible

Blackbeard, Long John Silver or perhaps Captain Jack Sparrow?
  • Options
    chillingchilling Member Posts: 3,774
  • Options
    Friday 8th: 12:10:4

Previous week (forgot to post) was a bit above this.

Going to push ahead and lose another few pounds, get to about 12 6.