You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

FAT CLUB...The sequel

Comments

• LARSON7LARSON7 Member Posts: 4,491
    Well done Marky, excellent effort; that is some going over a short period of time.

• TheEdge949TheEdge949 Member Posts: 5,133
    edited August 2020
    OK so a week into the new lifestyle and I have managed 3 proper walks/hikes and 2 general fitness sessions of 30 mins.

I'm eating really good nutritious food and so far am resisting all temptations to derail the process.

Until Slimming World recommences next Monday I'm using Calorific Defecit, paying particular attention to the macros.

I have set my first target at 23 stone which I'm hoping to achieve by the end of August but if it takes longer I'm not going to get hung up on it.

So the results for week 1

Starting weight 25st 0lbs - 350lbs
    Todays weight 24st 8lbs - 344lbs
    This weeks gain/loss - 6lbs
    Total gain/loss -6lbs

So its a steady start, exercise levels are up and weight is down.

Good luck to all you "losers"

Mark
    Nice week Mark, keep it going.
  • markycashmarkycash Member Posts: 2,837
    Just a quick update...

Only a small loss in the last week or so.

Now 16st 3 1/4lbs

So that is 32 3/4 lbs total loss and 1 3/4 since the last update.

Not sure why the loss has slowed so much as I have been eating all healthy low fat food.

• rabdenirorabdeniro Member Posts: 4,222
    Fell aff the wagon today, I was walkin along Saltcoats shore front and all ah could smell was the chippie, A small fish supper and a wee bottle of red kola, so tasty.
    Yo, guys.

Bit of a strange one this week as Slimming World has recommenced and their scales weigh heavier than mine. Also have to weigh in wearing shoes at the moment, Covid 19 regs getting a little crazy ? No ? Maybe, whatever.

Anyhow the upshot is that I'm going to go with the official Slimming World weight so unfortunately its only a pound off this week. They wont even allow us use a weight net of footwear.

So officially

Starting weight 25st
    Last weight 24st 8lb
    This week 24st 7lb
    This week +/- -1lb
    Total +/- -7lb

The eating plan is in place and being followed and I'm feeling good. More exercise planned and looking forward to being a "loser"

See You next week
  • markycashmarkycash Member Posts: 2,837
    A loss is a loss @TheEdge949 so well done to yourself and all the other 'losers'!

@rabdeniro a small fish supper now and again isn't that bad IMO. The Red Kola though will be packed with sugar.

@AnyoneWhoCares I can't recommend enough doing an overhaul of the food in your house if you are trying to lose weight. So many of the innocent looking things are packed full of junk.

Another 4 & 3/4 lbs off here. Now weighing in at 15 st 12 1/2 lbs.

Total loss now in 7 weeks is 37 1/2 lbs.

Good luck all!

• Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 159,855

Fabulous result @markycash, well done mate.
    Well done Marky , incredible results!

My weight this morning: 12:12:4.

Will call it a day there for the rest of the year and will see everyone back here in 2021.

Met someone yesterday who asked if I had lost some weight. The kicker was I only seen them a couple of weeks previously so the answer, of course, was a big no!

Really glad to have lost the weight and more or less to have maintained it within a couple of lbs over last few months.

See you in 2021😀
    Todays weigh in saw me at 24st 2lb which represents a loss of 5lb for the week.

Really happy with that especially as there was some overlap between a calorie deficit diet and the Slimming World food optimising.

Stamina is increasing with the hikes and I'm also hoping to get up to 5000 steps a day by the months end.

Starting weight 25st
    Last week 24st 7lb
    This week 24st 2lb
    weekly +/- 5lb
    total +/- 12lb

See you all next week.

Mark
  • madprofmadprof Member Posts: 3,297

Todays weigh in saw me at 24st 2lb which represents a loss of 5lb for the week.

Really happy with that especially as there was some overlap between a calorie deficit diet and the Slimming World food optimising.

Stamina is increasing with the hikes and I'm also hoping to get up to 5000 steps a day by the months end.

Starting weight 25st
    Last week 24st 7lb
    This week 24st 2lb
    weekly +/- 5lb
    total +/- 12lb

See you all next week.

Mark

Well done Mark...for me its slow and steady(not yet) winning the race...started at 14st 8, plateaued at 14st 3 and just can't shift the last 3lbs to break that barrier...oh, sorry pass me another donut!
    Just for the record Mondays 14/9/20 weigh in was officially 23st 10.5lbs

Total weight loss now stands at 1st 3.5lbs

Last week was my best yet for exercise with 320 minutes of gym work (mainly spinning classes) and 2 hikes/walks of 4 miles or more.

Onward and downward.

Mark
  • madprofmadprof Member Posts: 3,297
    Its been a while...lockdown, self isolation, a passion for cooking and eating so i'm pleased that I'm managing to maintain 14s 3lb! Ok its only a 5lb loss since the start but its stable...now to shift the last 4lbs to break the 14st barrier for the first time in years!

Strategy? Go back to 2 meals a day: substantial breakfast/brunch, early dinner...reduce between meal snacks and dont open a bottle of wine with dinner!
  • EssexphilEssexphil Member Posts: 7,986
    madprof said:

Its been a while...lockdown, self isolation, a passion for cooking and eating so i'm pleased that I'm managing to maintain 14s 3lb! Ok its only a 5lb loss since the start but its stable...now to shift the last 4lbs to break the 14st barrier for the first time in years!

Strategy? Go back to 2 meals a day: substantial breakfast/brunch, early dinner...reduce between meal snacks and dont open a 2nd bottle of wine with dinner!

FYP
  • pompeynicpompeynic Member Posts: 2,821
    edited October 2020
    madprof said:

Strategy? Go back to 2 meals a day: substantial breakfast/brunch, early dinner...reduce between meal snacks and dont open a bottle of wine with dinner!

Hoping to lose 4lbs before the inevitable Christmas gain, good luck my friend.
    Wonder if @Tikay10 has avoided the need for next year’s diet as Vegas has not got in the way.
    How about my you @Essexphil , I know you started the year trying, did lockdown get in the way?
    Hope @TheEdge949 has managed to continue his decent start as well. Also @markycash , recovery still on track.
    Wp to all who have managed to lose or maintain weight during an incredibly difficult year.

pompeynic said:

madprof said:

Wonder if @Tikay10 has avoided the need for next year’s diet as Vegas has not got in the way.
    How about my you @Essexphil , I know you started the year trying, did lockdown get in the way?
    Hope @TheEdge949 has managed to continue his decent start as well. Also @markycash , recovery still on track.
    Wp to all who have managed to lose or maintain weight during an incredibly difficult year.

Thanks for asking, @pompeynic

Got my fat carcass on to the scales, and pleased to say now 17-12. Sounds a lot less than 18-odd-think my BMI has gone down from "FFS" to "Blimey O'Riley".

Not dieting, but am trying not to put weight on/exercise more.
    Essexphil said:

pompeynic said:

madprof said:

Thanks for asking, @pompeynic

Got my fat carcass on to the scales, and pleased to say now 17-12. Sounds a lot less than 18-odd-think my BMI has gone down from "FFS" to "Blimey O'Riley".

Not dieting, but am trying not to put weight on/exercise more.
    Hi Phil,
    Well done my friend. Always good to hit the stone below , eight week push pre Christmas, who knows maybe , just maybe, you could pass through another barrier.
  • Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 159,855
    edited October 2020
    @pompeynic

Don't even ask.

I got down to my usual Vegas weight of 12st having lost 3 stone in 5 months. Since then I managed to put the 3 stone back on, then went back on the diet beginning of this month & lost a stone.

Usual schmusual. I'm so bad.

We've not seen @TheEdge949 on the Forum for a while, but I write to him now & then & he tells me he is fine, so that's good.

We know @markycash is OK as he blundered his way to a few deep finishes on Sunday.

As an aside, one of my most pleasurable memories of 2019 was that first night in Vegas when you, Phil & I all trundled across to The Orleans & you cashed. Great memory. If only we get the chance to do it again, but this pesky virus needs to go away first.
    Tikay10 said:

@pompeynic

Don't even ask.

I got down to my usual Vegas weight of 12st having lost 3 stone in 5 months. Since then I managed to put the 3 stone back on, then went back on the diet beginning of this month & lost a stone.

Usual schmusual. I'm so bad.

We've not seen @TheEdge949 on the Forum for a while, but I write to him now & then & he tells me he is fine, so that's good.

We know @markycash is OK as he blundered his way to a few deep finishes on Sunday.

As an aside, one of my most pleasurable memories of 2019 was that first night in Vegas when you, Phil & I all trundled across to The Orleans & you cashed. Great memory. If only we get the chance to do it again, but this pesky virus needs to go away first.

Completely agree. My first-ever live PLO8 MTT, and couldn't have wished for 2 better people to share it with
    Yes that evening with @Tikay10 and @Essexphil was a really great time. My first ever live PLO8 tournament, in Vegas , is a cherished memory. I wish I was a better poker player so I could satellite my way into another Sky package. Still scratching my head as to how I managed to do it . Looking forward to more live poker with all my Sky Poker friends even the irritating @madprof ;)