You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

FAT CLUB...The sequel

Comments

• Options
    LARSON7LARSON7 Member Posts: 4,491
    10/04/2020

12:10:6

Will be happy maintaining this level as long as the current situation is unchanged.

• Options
    madprofmadprof Member Posts: 3,299
    LARSON7 said:

10/04/2020

12:10:6

Will be happy maintaining this level as long as the current situation is unchanged.

That’s good considering how much mushroom risotto you must have ate last night....mine also had courgettes diced into it as H, my wife insists on something green with each meal( normally a mint aero for me)

cid:11E5EE28-D210-48B7-92ED-673DF02F513D
  • Options
    Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 160,319
  • Options
    edited April 2020

Starting weight January 1st - 14st 12.5 lbs

Weigh-in, January 10th - 14st 2lbs

Weigh-in January 17th - 13st 13.5lbs

Weigh-in January 24th - 13st 10.5lbs

Weigh-in January 31st - 13st 8.5lbs

Weigh-in February 7th - 13st 7.75lbs

Weigh-in February 14th - 13st 7.75lbs

Weigh-in February 21st - 13st 5.75lbs

Weigh-in February 28th - 13st 4lbs

Weigh-in March 6th - 13st 2.5lbs

Weigh-in March 13th - 13st 0.5lbs

Weigh-in March 20th - 12st 13.75lbs

Weigh-in March 27th - 12st 11.75lbs

Weigh-in April 3rd - 12st 11lbs

Weigh-in April 10th - 12st 10.5lbs

Loss this week = 0.5lbs

Total Loss to date - 30.lbs (2 stone 2 lbs)

• Options
    pompeynicpompeynic Member Posts: 2,821
    Fantastic effort Tony.
    Plan on keeping your "Vegas weight" all year?
    Think how adding your walking regimen will aid the loss further and how much better you will feel.
    Keep it up
  • Options
    GlenelgGlenelg Member Posts: 6,550
    Wowser. Purty good TK. I watch this thread as i have a sock + foot fetish. ;-)
    Fortunately, i'm naturally thin, but REALLY admire the effort you guys put in
    Quick question...is it easier or harder to lose weight in the "lockdown"
    Keep it up guys ..
  • Options

Thanks guys.

Probably easier to lose weight during lockdown but really it makes little difference. When I have my diet-head on I'm incredibly disciplined & never vary my intake.

I was hoping for 12st by the time I was due to go to Vegas, end of May, but I would have missed that by a few lbs. I'll probably stick at it now though until I hit 12st. With it so awkward to go shopping at the moment, there's little temptation to be trying to buy sticky buns every day.

When hard-dieting, even basic diet food tastes sooo good.
  • Options
    edited April 2020
    Tikay10 said:

Thanks guys.

Probably easier to lose weight during lockdown but really it makes little difference. When I have my diet-head on I'm incredibly disciplined & never vary my intake.

I was hoping for 12st by the time I was due to go to Vegas, end of May, but I would have missed that by a few lbs. I'll probably stick at it now though until I hit 12st. With it so awkward to go shopping at the moment, there's little temptation to be trying to buy sticky buns every day.

When hard-dieting, even basic diet food tastes sooo good.

Indeed, When you only have proper food, no temptations, the basics can be very tasty.
    The refined sugar, excessive fat and salt in processed foods are IMO addictive and as soon as you start eating them, you begin to crave them. I am a little surprised food companies have got away without the same sort of intervention tobacco companies have had. I wonder though if the current situation may not rekindle home baking which,theoretically will be healthier . When this is all over I think a great many things will have to change .
  • Options
    LARSON7LARSON7 Member Posts: 4,491
    17 4 2020

12:12:4

An increase in last week, fantastic having this thread here to stay on track.

Food hasn’t been ideal the last week, lots of indulgent things.

Have not been running as much. In the next week hoping to get out for 4 runs.

Looking forward to more exercise and less junk food in the forthcoming days.

Hope everyone is doing well in these challenging times and stay safe.

• Options
  • Options

Starting weight January 1st - 14st 12.5 lbs

Weigh-in, January 10th - 14st 2lbs

Weigh-in January 17th - 13st 13.5lbs

Weigh-in January 24th - 13st 10.5lbs

Weigh-in January 31st - 13st 8.5lbs

Weigh-in February 7th - 13st 7.75lbs

Weigh-in February 14th - 13st 7.75lbs

Weigh-in February 21st - 13st 5.75lbs

Weigh-in February 28th - 13st 4lbs

Weigh-in March 6th - 13st 2.5lbs

Weigh-in March 13th - 13st 0.5lbs

Weigh-in March 20th - 12st 13.75lbs

Weigh-in March 27th - 12st 11.75lbs

Weigh-in April 3rd - 12st 11lbs

Weigh-in April 10th - 12st 10.5lbs

Weigh-In April 17th 12st 9lbs

Loss this week = 1.5lbs

Total Loss to date - 31.5.lbs (2 stone 3.5 lbs)

• Options

Very good week, pleased with that.
  • Options
    Excellent, brilliant considering the lack of walks.
    Keep it going
  • Options
    edited April 2020
    LARSON7 said:

17 4 2020

12:12:4

An increase in last week, fantastic having this thread here to stay on track.

Food hasn’t been ideal the last week, lots of indulgent things.

Have not been running as much. In the next week hoping to get out for 4 runs.

Looking forward to more exercise and less junk food in the forthcoming days.

Hope everyone is doing well in these challenging times and stay safe.

Hey @LARSON7 ,
    Do not be downhearted , difficult times and it is not the end of the world.
    The trick is to nip it in the bud, get straight back on it..... No excuses ( as a life long excuse giver when it comes to losing weight, I know how easy it is for a blip to turn into a blob )
  • Options
    TheEdge949TheEdge949 Member Posts: 5,160
    OMG, WTF, Gutted, shattered, total incredulity.

I thought I might have added a few pounds, but in just 5 weeks I've put over a stone and a half on.

My weight this morning stands at 24 stone 6 pounds. I feel like just grabbing the contents of the fridge and washing it all down with a dozen pints of stella and magners snakebite.

Seriously. I think I'm struggling to cope, all my coping mechanisms have been withdrawn. No gym, no swim, no spin, no slimming group, no table tennis club, mountains (cant get), hiking (not yet) and bookies (no bet). Cant even get in the car and just go somewhere spiritual and calming (Roaches etc).

So I eat and drink and drink and eat. Mainly out of boredom, but also I like to cook and that's a problem in itself because I'll cook to relieve the boredom but then I will eat because I've cooked.

Ok well that's enough self pity. Yes I'm bang upset and it's a real d1k punch but its all spilt milk under the bridge so they say.

Ok how to reconstruct a 2hr cardio session ( I don't do running / skipping due to weak knees probably because I'm so obese) in the house with no equipment?

I know I'll do a simulated Snowdon ascent. 300 times up my stairs will be equal to the height gained. Also if I put my feet into the straps on one side and pull on the other straps on the other side I can turn an old Bullworker into a rower.

Just when I'd started to fit into something other than Sports Direct Slazenger 4xl stuff

RIGHT ITS OFFICIAL

NEW STARTING WEIGHT (sure it said one at a time, even the scales are taking the gip)

24st 6lb

Its on, lets ave it.

Stay safe, stay sane,

Mark

• Options

Ha, this might be interesting.

GL Mark.
  • Options

OMG, WTF, Gutted, shattered, total incredulity.

I thought I might have added a few pounds, but in just 5 weeks I've put over a stone and a half on.

My weight this morning stands at 24 stone 6 pounds. I feel like just grabbing the contents of the fridge and washing it all down with a dozen pints of stella and magners snakebite.

Seriously. I think I'm struggling to cope, all my coping mechanisms have been withdrawn. No gym, no swim, no spin, no slimming group, no table tennis club, mountains (cant get), hiking (not yet) and bookies (no bet). Cant even get in the car and just go somewhere spiritual and calming (Roaches etc).

So I eat and drink and drink and eat. Mainly out of boredom, but also I like to cook and that's a problem in itself because I'll cook to relieve the boredom but then I will eat because I've cooked.

Ok well that's enough self pity. Yes I'm bang upset and it's a real d1k punch but its all spilt milk under the bridge so they say.

Ok how to reconstruct a 2hr cardio session ( I don't do running / skipping due to weak knees probably because I'm so obese) in the house with no equipment?

I know I'll do a simulated Snowdon ascent. 300 times up my stairs will be equal to the height gained. Also if I put my feet into the straps on one side and pull on the other straps on the other side I can turn an old Bullworker into a rower.

Just when I'd started to fit into something other than Sports Direct Slazenger 4xl stuff

RIGHT ITS OFFICIAL

NEW STARTING WEIGHT (sure it said one at a time, even the scales are taking the gip)

24st 6lb

Its on, lets ave it.

Stay safe, stay sane,

Mark

Hi Mark, @TheEdge949
    Been there done that. The number of times I have stood on my scales and almost burst into tears. It stings like bobuggery I know. I can only offer a few little pieces of advice, number one , ditch the alcohol. Even if you have to pour it down the sink. So many calories that are “wasted” in drinking alcohol. Easy for me to say, I don’t drink. However, if you are serious, pour it away. If it’s in the house, it will call to you, if you don’t have any you can’t drink it. Same goes for biscuits,sweets, chocolate, cake, crisps etc. Get rid of all the ****. If you only have “good” food in the house , that’s all you can eat. Not sure if you like vegetables, but you can eat vast amounts of veg , they are not massively calorific. Roasted veg is particularly tasty. I spent 40+ years not eating veg, don’t like it. Now I find my tastes have changed. Last night I had seven portions of vegetables and a portion of bulgur wheat for my tea. I was not hungry after that.Drink plenty of water, tea (without sugar) . Ok you visit the water closet more often, but it also fills you up. It’s also good for the kidneys and complexion.
    Not sure what height you are, but @ 24st + any exercise is good. A brisk hours walk every day and a calorie controlled diet, will bring results quickly. Boredom is a killer I know. Put routines in place. Get up at a certain time, set tasks to do every day. I have started playing poker again in the evenings as this occupies my mind, I don’t think of food.
    I wish you all the very best
    Nick
  • Options
    Ok.
    Firstly thanks to @pompeynic for the encouragement and advice. So here's the rub.

I've dug out my Slimming World file and that's going to be my dietary bible for the foreseeable future. I am also doing a food diary which I'm going to email to my slimming group leader every week.

Going to do the simulation of Snowdon starting today in 10 bloc increments, until my fitness improves and then I'll simply increase. Target is to do the first ascent by Friday.

Also dug out some old weights so am currently putting a routine in place with light weight and huge volume to gain cardio benefits rather than strength.

I have a mountain bike that hasn't seen the light of day for about 18 months but really don't know whether I'm actually fit enough to ride it. It's one thing being a mass of sweating blubber in a spinning class, it's entirely another to do it on the street.

Well I'm off to do the first 10 sets of stairs.

Stay safe

• Options
    EssexphilEssexphil Member Posts: 8,001
    edited April 2020

Ok.
    Firstly thanks to @pompeynic for the encouragement and advice. So here's the rub.

I've dug out my Slimming World file and that's going to be my dietary bible for the foreseeable future. I am also doing a food diary which I'm going to email to my slimming group leader every week.

Going to do the simulation of Snowdon starting today in 10 bloc increments, until my fitness improves and then I'll simply increase. Target is to do the first ascent by Friday.

Also dug out some old weights so am currently putting a routine in place with light weight and huge volume to gain cardio benefits rather than strength.

I have a mountain bike that hasn't seen the light of day for about 18 months but really don't know whether I'm actually fit enough to ride it. It's one thing being a mass of sweating blubber in a spinning class, it's entirely another to do it on the street.

Well I'm off to do the first 10 sets of stairs.

Stay safe

Mark

I was 22 stone not long ago. Best advice on exercise is to start slow, and build up. Get your knees (and heart) used to the idea. Good luck.

PS-been stick on 18-03 for yonks, hence lack of posting on here

PPS-reminded of advice my dad gave me when I was young and a bit lairy:-

"Never hit a small bouncer. Ask yourself how he got the job".

Phil
  • Options
    Tikay10 said:

Ha, this might be interesting.

GL Mark.

Sorry Tony @Tikay10 missed the post. Thanks, it will be interesting and probably infuriating at times.