You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

FAT CLUB...The sequel

Comments

• madprofmadprof Member Posts: 3,297
    rabdeniro said:

Decide to take this serious,

Bought decent scales,
    trying to average 1.000 cals a day,
    cycle 10 miles a day,
    drink booze one day a week,

started keeping a spreadsheet on Monday 22nd, dropped 4 1/2 lbs, first week.

Steady on....not sure just drinking booze on day a week is good for anyone?! 👹
  • rabdenirorabdeniro Member Posts: 4,222
    madprof said:

rabdeniro said:

Decide to take this serious,

Bought decent scales,
    trying to average 1.000 cals a day,
    cycle 10 miles a day,
    drink booze one day a week,

started keeping a spreadsheet on Monday 22nd, dropped 4 1/2 lbs, first week.

Steady on....not sure just drinking booze on day a week is good for anyone?! 👹
    Ah no, I'll need to up it to a couple of days :) .
  • LARSON7LARSON7 Member Posts: 4,491
    Fri 10 July 2020

12:11:8

Happy with small loss this week.

• markycashmarkycash Member Posts: 2,837
    I will be a late entrant to this if that is okay.

Great job by those shedding the lbs up to this point.

I am around 6' 1" and a fortnight ago I was around 18st 8lbs.

I am currently around 17st 2lbs although my scales are rather temperamental and are giving readings 2 lbs either way. I will get new scales this week.

Target weight is anything under 14st by the end of the year. This is a big target although after the recent shenanigans of my heart I have absolutely transformed my diet.

I am not certain how this will start off as my exercise is limited as I try to regain my normal levels of mobility. I walked around 3500 steps 2 days ago but then yesterday wasn't feeling as well and was down to around 1000 steps.

I have also put together a menu for the house (just so I could make sure I had the ingredients in for a variety of dishes and I knew the nutritional information for the dishes). I am allowing myself 1 treat a week - on Fridays - such as a bacon sandwich or a small McDonalds/Chinese/Chippy.

I will share the dishes below incase anyone is interested. All are low in fat and salt etc...

Breakfasts

Weetabix with skimmed milk
    (2 weetabix biscuits served with skimmed milk)

Poached egg on wholemeal bread
    (Served with grilled mushrooms and tomato)

Muesli with Greek yogurt
    (Muesli served with fat free Greek yogurt)

Wholegrain rolled oat Porridge
    (Served with seasonal fruit or berries)

Cottage cheese bagel
    (Toasted bagel with cottage cheese and tomato)

Lunches

Grilled chicken & bean salad
    (Grilled lemon chicken breast with tomato pinto beans & seasonal salad)

Chilli bean tacos
    (Tacos with mixed beans in a chilli sauce with sour cream)

Baked potatoes with beans & cheese
    (2 baked potatoes with a bean, tomato, and cheese sauce filling)

Turkey sandwich
    (Served on wholemeal bread with tomato, coleslaw & lettuce)

Cod bites & boiled potatoes
    (Cod bites served with boiled potatoes, peas, lemon, and tartare sauce)

Dinners

Grilled diced chicken breast kebabs
    (Served with rice, sweetcorn & chilli sauce)

Whole wheat spaghetti Bolognese
    (Whole wheat spaghetti with beef mince in a Bolognese sauce sprinkled with Parmesan cheese)

Lamb casserole
    (Slow cooked lamb casserole with carrots, potatoes and other seasonal veg)

Cod fillets & potatoes
    (Cod fillet in olive oil & pepper sauce served with green beans and boiled potatoes)

Red salmon salad
    (Red salmon served with seasonal salad &croutons)

Chicken curry
    (Curried chicken breast served with boiled white rice)

Lost 3 1/2 lbs on ma 2nd week, great.

put on 1/2 lb on ma 3rd week, ffs, am averaging 7.000 cals a week, cyclin mare than Chris Hoy, started eatin rabbit food, the lot, ah only eat **** twice a day, whit's happenin here.
    Think ma scales must have gone wonky, thank **** the pubs are shut.
  • pompeynicpompeynic Member Posts: 2,821
    rabdeniro said:

put on 1/2 lb on ma 3rd week, ffs, am averaging 7.000 cals a week, cyclin mare than Chris Hoy, started eatin rabbit food, the lot, ah only eat **** twice a day, whit's happenin here.
    Think ma scales must have gone wonky, thank **** the pubs are shut.</

First of all don’t let one week’s result get you down, all sorts of things can affect results.
    Weighing yourself at different times of day, position of scales , items of clothing worn etc etc. You should also remember that, with all the cycling you are doing, you may be building muscle and that muscle weighs more than fat.
    I will say this, I really think 1000 calories a day is too low for a man, especially if you are exercising as much as you say. It may be worth your while getting advice from a nutritionist on what to eat and when to eat.
    One more thing, from your original post about alcohol. I read a book about one of cyclings greats Sean Kelly once, one of the chapters in the book was titled alcohol, it was a bit long and wordy , it simply said DON’T

pompeynic said:

rabdeniro said:

Think ma scales must have gone wonky, thank **** the pubs are shut.

I might have been exaggerating about the bikin but I do do about 12 miles a day now, I got a phone call from the hospital this mornin to see how I was doin and I told her about my calorie intake and she said I should up it a bit, so I may have a lunch or supper.
    Not drinkin is a problem for me, I didn't think I would struggle not drinkin but I will need to try harder.
    That didnae come oot right..........
    As Pompeynic said Rab...

You might well be turning fat into muscle.

Stepped on the scales today and lost a bit more.

It is many years since my numbers were this low.

markycash said:

As Pompeynic said Rab...

You might well be turning fat into muscle.

Stepped on the scales today and lost a bit more.

It is many years since my numbers were this low.

Ah said that to the wife, she's no stopped laughin yet, cheeky cow.
    Well done Rab @ Marky

17th July 2020: 12:11

Progress is a lot slower than previously and seems to be harder too!

Impending haircut might help next weeks figures:P
    Friday: 12:10:4

Another small losing week.

Will finish at the end of August.
    WD on a losing week @LARSON7

I might also use the haircut trick soon, not that I have much...

2 weeks since I posted.

Now at 16st 5lbs which is a loss of 9 1/2 lbs over the last fortnight and 31 lbs over the last month.

• Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 159,663

@markycash

"Now at 16st 5lbs which is a loss of 9 1/2 lbs over the last fortnight and 31 lbs over the last month."

That is magnificent, well done mate.

Bet it feels good now that your clothes are starting to fit nicely? That's one of the best "feel-good" moments of a diet, putting on trousers or shirts which used to be tight & now fit comfortably.

Proud of you mate.
    Tikay10 said:

@markycash

"Now at 16st 5lbs which is a loss of 9 1/2 lbs over the last fortnight and 31 lbs over the last month."

Bet it feels good now that your clothes are starting to fit nicely? That's one of the best "feel-good" moments of a diet, putting on trousers or shirts which used to be tight & now fit comfortably.

Proud of you mate.

Cheers @Tikay10 much appreciated mate!

Yeah, I was kidding on I fitted into a 38" waist before but now they are too loose.

I actually need to clothes shop for my return to work in 3 weeks which has me a bit befuddled... I am going to lose a lot of weight in the next 3 weeks as my diet is completely changed and even after that I will be losing a lot so I have no idea what sizes to buy :lol:

How are things going with you? Are the sticky buns and choc ices getting munched to console yourself about the lack of Vegas exploits this year or is it soda water all the way?
  • Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 159,663
    markycash said:

Tikay10 said:

@markycash

Proud of you mate.

Yeah, I was kidding on I fitted into a 38" waist before but now they are too loose.

I actually need to clothes shop for my return to work in 3 weeks which has me a bit befuddled... I am going to lose a lot of weight in the next 3 weeks as my diet is completely changed and even after that I will be losing a lot so I have no idea what sizes to buy :lol:

How are things going with you? Are the sticky buns and choc ices getting munched to console yourself about the lack of Vegas exploits this year or is it soda water all the way?
    I'm piling on weight wholesale & don't feel great tbh. Guess I'll be back in the Fat Club soon. On, off, on, off, it was always so with me.

Tikay10 said:

markycash said:

Tikay10 said:

@markycash

Proud of you mate.

I'm piling on weight wholesale & don't feel great tbh. Guess I'll be back in the Fat Club soon. On, off, on, off, it was always so with me.

At least you know that you have the resolve to lose it mate. I am sure you will get back to it soon enough.

See you in the Fat Club soon!
  • TheEdge949TheEdge949 Member Posts: 5,117
    Massive shoutout to all of you who are losing weight.

I have had a real shock when my suit didn't fit properly for the funeral last Friday and getting on the scales revealed that I had gained almost 2 stone over lockdown and i weighed in at a lifetime heavy of 25 stone.

At only 5' 9" and almost 57 years of age I think I'm now at the point of no return and it has to be now or never.

Mountain walking has become very difficult, Airsoft skirmishing very painful and laboured and as for my martial arts, forget it. I can't fit on my mountain bike, I can't fit in my Kayak and every outdoor pursuit I have lived for is now just a memory.

In a nutshell I'm f*****. My knees are shot to s***, my back is about as strong as a paper towel in a shower and I have all the cardio of an elephant seal on dope.

However, In an attempt to turn it around I'm changing my lifestyle, diet, exercise and outlook in a challenge I'm going to call "Half the man I was".

It's not that I will aim to halve my weight although that would be the ultimate dream, it's more about using attainable goals and steps to eventually get to a place where I can enjoy life again.

Slimming World restarts on August 10 and that will be a great help for me as will the reopening of my local gym but unless I can change my mindset those will only get me so far.

So i shall be here every Monday with an update of all things including weight, diet and whatever.

See you then.

Mark

Massive shoutout to all of you who are losing weight.

I have had a real shock when my suit didn't fit properly for the funeral last Friday and getting on the scales revealed that I had gained almost 2 stone over lockdown and i weighed in at a lifetime heavy of 25 stone.

At only 5' 9" and almost 57 years of age I think I'm now at the point of no return and it has to be now or never.

Mountain walking has become very difficult, Airsoft skirmishing very painful and laboured and as for my martial arts, forget it. I can't fit on my mountain bike, I can't fit in my Kayak and every outdoor pursuit I have lived for is now just a memory.

In a nutshell I'm f*****. My knees are shot to s***, my back is about as strong as a paper towel in a shower and I have all the cardio of an elephant seal on dope.

However, In an attempt to turn it around I'm changing my lifestyle, diet, exercise and outlook in a challenge I'm going to call "Half the man I was".

It's not that I will aim to halve my weight although that would be the ultimate dream, it's more about using attainable goals and steps to eventually get to a place where I can enjoy life again.

Slimming World restarts on August 10 and that will be a great help for me as will the reopening of my local gym but unless I can change my mindset those will only get me so far.

So i shall be here every Monday with an update of all things including weight, diet and whatever.

See you then.

Mark

Good luck with this @TheEdge949

Biggest tip I could give you based on what is working for me at the moment is the following...

Try shopping online so you can plan what food you are eating and what is in the house. Look at every label and find healthy alternatives for everything you eat and drink. When I analysed the nutritional content of the food in my cupboards a month ago I was astonished at how unhealthy everything I had actually was (even stuff I thought was healthy).

A bit of research online and you can find healthy alternatives for most things you eat.

Again, good luck with this. You can do it!
  • TheEdge949TheEdge949 Member Posts: 5,117
    Thanks for the advice @markycash, it's certainly something worth persuing. It follows the advice that I once heard at Slimming World and yet failed to heed.

"If you don't put it in the trolley, it can't get into your mouth".