You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

FAT CLUB...The sequel

madprofmadprof Member Posts: 3,299
One year one and for a variety of reasons-work & personal- I find myself at the same or slightly higher weight than last year FFS!

So in 2020

Weigh myself -with scales piccy-1st of the month; currently 14st 10lbs and set myself relatively attainable targets as follows

01st Feb lose 7lbs
01st March lose (a further) 5lbs
01st April lose 3lbs and
01 May lose 1lb ( Birthday in April hence low loss in April)

SO 15lbs in 4 months, should be acheivable? Deffo want to lose a stone by then SO

For every pound I DON"T lose each month, I will donate £1 to @StayOrGo 's Shelter page so anywhere between £0 and £60 at stake to incentivise me a little more....

No alcohol in January(every year so not a hardship), more vegan and plant based eating( I'm a chef so shouldn't be difficult) AND a daily exercise routine that's more than tipping a bottle of Malbec into a glass....

Any other takers?

Comments

• Options
    chrisdonkbchrisdonkb Member Posts: 128
    Best of luck Prof, important to have achievable targets and 15lbs in 4 months is definitely doable. Out of interest, are you a chef working at one site or do you travel a lot for work? Seem to recall you mentioning you moved around a bit, might be wrong though :)
  • Options
    waller02waller02 Member Posts: 9,015
    Yes mate, I'm in. I say this every year but I more keen than ever as I'm nearly 40 now and I can't keep putting on weight year on year.

I have bought an exercise bike which should be delivered in the next few days. I'm also having a dry January.

I will post a pic of my weight on Jan 1st and then the 1st of each month afterwards. Not sure what my target will be until I see what the damage is when I first step on the scales, but for every month where I don't lose weight I will donate £5 to @StayOrGo charity.

Good idea and good luck.
  • Options
    Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 160,772

Count me in, current weight, target weight & timetable to follow.
  • Options
    ckdckd Member Posts: 1,386
    how tall are you madproof
  • Options
    waller02waller02 Member Posts: 9,015
    ckd said:

I was wondering that. I'd give my right ball to weigh 14st 10lbs again.
  • Options
    edited December 2019
    i think the last time i saw 14 stone was 14 years ago... and the only pounds i lose is on poker
  • Options
    StayOrGoStayOrGo Member Posts: 12,129
    edited December 2019
    Count me in too, I am currently 14st 4lbs, but only 5ft 7in.

Target weight will be 12st 4lbs, so two stone to lose.
  • Options
  • Options
    can use as a guideline but don't live by it as out of date for this day and age
  • Options
    ckd said:

5;11" ( and 3/4 when i was younger and had hair...)

Realistically anywhere between 12.5st and 13.5st would be where I would aim to get to....BUT lets shed the excess 15lbs first

GL GL to all who try

@StayOrGo 2 stone? By when??...I think the key is small gains( I mean losses) each month
  • Options

Best of luck Prof, important to have achievable targets and 15lbs in 4 months is definitely doable. Out of interest, are you a chef working at one site or do you travel a lot for work? Seem to recall you mentioning you moved around a bit, might be wrong though :)

We run a food business-selling vegetarian foods at events and festivals in the summer and home made fudges and salted caramel sauces in the winter- so food is a big part of my life and enjoyment.... www.fenitonfoods.co.uk

I slip into bad habits at SPT's with @MISTY4ME and @HANSON as they drag me to spoons yo eat and pizzas at silly o'clock in the morning!!
  • Options
    mumsiemumsie Member Posts: 7,378

Hope this helps.

• Options
    bert21bert21 Member Posts: 176
    Good luck Prof, would have joined in, but started three months ago i was 17 stone exactly have got to 15 stone 8. Intend not to put weight on over Xmas then get to 14 1/2 stone by end of Feb. You appear to be losing it the right way and not to crash diet, a lot of people don't realise you can get gallstones from a crash diet. My next door neighbour is having an op next week as a result and reckons three more people at the slimmers club she attends have same problem. good luck ,will be watching your progress with interest
  • Options
    EssexphilEssexphil Member Posts: 8,044
    I'm in.

Will weigh myself on 1st Jan on the public weighbridge-no photos, mind
  • Options
    ok here goes

Digital display doesn't photo well but I'm lighter than I thought so

14st 8lb

Target 14st 1lb by 01 February

The diet doesn't start today....no booze, smaller,healthier portions and a bit more exercise , that's all

GL guys
  • Options
    edited January 2020
    Picture

EDIT by tikay; Here you go Prof, this shows the photo better;

• Options
    EssexphilEssexphil Member Posts: 8,044
    18 stone 9 lbs. Way too much, but over 2 stone lighter than when I first did one of these.
    Which, I think, on that chart makes me currently about 7 foot 6.
    1st target is to move from "extremely obese" to "obese" :)
  • Options

Ok guys...1 recipe a week for you to consider trying; always will be less than 10 steps so you don't think its too complicated

As part of a healthier lifestyle, H and I are trying to move to 2 meals a day; a later breakfast and an earlier dinner ( a late breakfast may suit poker players...)

This one is a favourite for us and its an easy start dish, even for those non cooks/chefs amongst you and all the ingredients are either cupboard items or easily available from mainstream supermarkets

Shakshuka Eggs: 10-15 mins

small tin chickpeas
    small tin chopped tomatoes
    jar smoked chipotle paste
    jar garlic paste
    Eggs
    *Chorizo(optional)
    Fresh Coriander( again optional)

Method:

1) Fry a heaped teaspoon of chipotle paste and one of garlic pastes in a little oil for 2 mins (we use olive or rapeseed oil*)
    2) Add tin of chickpeas and gently fry and coat with sauce for 1-2 mins
    3) Add tin of tomatoes and simmer for 3-5 mins, season to taste
    4) Add eggs to mix and cover till cooked( approx 3 mins)
    5) Scatter chopped coriander or just serve!

*If you really need to have meat, slice or dice a piece of chorizo and fry at this stage

Great 2nd class protein and long, slow carbohydrate release from the chickpeas; seriously if you eat half of the enclosed recipe, you genuinely won't want to eat for hours!!

GL with this one!
  • Options

Morning all. The dreaded day has arrived.

First up, here is what I weighed on January 1st last year. (Photo taken from Fat Club 2019 thread).

And here's the weight loss progression last year;

Starting weight = 14st 5.25lbs

After Week 1 = 13st 12lbs

After Week 2 = 13st 10.5lbs

After Week 3 = 13st 6.25lbs

After Week 4 = 13st 3.5lbs

After week 5 = 13st 3.75lbs

After week 6 - 13st 3.75lbs

After week 7 - 13st 0.5lbs

After week 8 - 12st 13lbs

After week 9 - 12st 10.25lbs

After week 10 - 12st 9.5lbs

After week 11 - 12st 8.75lbs

After week 12 - 12st 6.5 lbs

After week 13 - 12st 6.5 lbs

After week 14 - 12st 5 lbs

After week 15 - 12st 4.5 lbs

After week 16 - 12st 2.75lbs

After week 17 - 12st 1.75lbs

After week 18 - 12st 1lbs

Total loss after 18 weeks = 2st 4.25lbs (32.25 lbs)

And this is what I weighed at the beginning of May last year;

• Options
    edited January 2020

And this morning?