You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

Duesenberg Twitch Stream

Comments

• Options
    DuesenbergDuesenberg Member Posts: 1,740
    It was indeed featured on last night's stream @Jac35.

I really wouldn't fret though as most of my viewers consider me a ridiculous and tragic mega nit - shoving any 2 at me on a bubble would be applauded by almost all watching at the time as an unquestionably +EV play!
  • Options
    waller02waller02 Member Posts: 9,014
    I wanted to share the HH when somebody in chat said you were absolutely dead on the flop against Waller. With your KK if you remember.

I didn't post it as I wasn't particularly sure if I played it well myself, but you were ahead on the flop, ahead on the turn and ahead on river.
  • Options
    Live in 30 mins boys and grils... :)

https://twitch.tv/duesenberg123
  • Options
    AMD68AMD68 Member Posts: 125
    Very entertaining stream last night. Apart from the bit when he called me old and crusty :D
  • Options
    MynaFrettMynaFrett Member Posts: 724
    Just been watching last night's stream. You've got me craving some N64 action as well now. Which N64 emulator do you have? Did the converter you got for the original controller work? I think controller design peaked in 1996 with that N64 controller:

Nintendo Entertainment System (1983)

Tiny and square with sharp edges, what were they thinking?

Sega Master System (1985)

Must have been a mid 80's thing. At least they rounded off the edges a little bit.

Sega Genesis/Mega Drive (1988)

Started to figure it out.

Super Nintendo Entertainment System (1990)

Rounded but still too small and flat.

Sony PlayStation (1994)

Ooh so close.

Nintendo 64 (1996)

Nailed it.
  • Options
    I missed this bit of the stream. There was N64 chat? What a console. Goldeneye, what a game.
  • Options
    AMD68 said:

Very entertaining stream last night. Apart from the bit when he called me old and crusty :D

Thanks for the kind words Andrew (as well as the sub!).

I tend to assume that anyone who actively chooses to watch me play poker must be a bit of a masochist, so firing insults at my viewers is just my way of giving the fans what they really want :D.
  • Options
    MattBates said:

For those that haven't watched Dues stream, the President of the United States has analysed Dues game.

I wholeheartedly resent that Mr Bates. My poker game is built upon years of strategic planning which has been influenced by some of the finest minds ever to walk this earth.

I will say no more other than to leave you with a short montage of my all-time tactical hero... :)

https://youtu.be/rblfKREj50o
  • Options
    MattBatesMattBates Member Posts: 4,118
    legend!
  • Options
    edited August 2020
    @MynaFrett, there are certainly some fond memories to be found amongst those images!

To answer your question, I'm using Project64 for the emulator (I wasn't even aware such things existed until a few days ago!). As for the converter, it's generally working pretty well - there is a little bit of lag here and there and it's not currently very happy when I try to add a second controller into the mix, but it's certainly acceptable for single player shenanigans. Here's a link if you're curious... https://amazon.co.uk/MAYFLASH-Nintendo-Controller-Adapter-Windows/dp/B089LKCBLG

I might even do an N64 stream soon if all continues to work well. I realise that would be an even duller experience than watching me play poker, but it would make a pleasant change for me to do a stream that doesn't lose me money haha! Oh and @waller02, Goldeneye is the greatest video game of all time and it will never be surpassed. It's why I completely stopped paying attention to the gaming world shortly after its release :).
  • Options
    Thanks for the info and the link - I'm both curious and interested but I really shouldn't.

Of course gaming has made unbelievable strides in the twenty something years since Goldeneye and you can have some amazing experiences in online multiplayer games now, however, four pals in the same room playing split screen Goldeneye on a massive telly has to be the ultimate gaming experience.
  • Options
    What time on the catch up was the N64 chat please?
  • Options
    edited August 2020
    MynaFrett said:

Thanks for the info and the link - I'm both curious and interested but I really shouldn't.

Of course gaming has made unbelievable strides in the twenty something years since Goldeneye and you can have some amazing experiences in online multiplayer games now, however, four pals in the same room playing split screen Goldeneye on a massive telly has to be the ultimate gaming experience.

We had a rule where you weren't allowed to be Oddjob. Far too difficult to play against, the little sod.
  • Options
    waller02 said:

MynaFrett said:

We had a rule where you weren't allowed to be Oddjob. Far too difficult to play against, the little sod.

Snap!
  • Options
    waller02 said:

I didn't notice this earlier.

I haven't looked back at it to confirm but pretty sure it was right at the start and also about half an hour before the end. Was also a bit in the middle somewhere when his partner 'delivered' the parcel (the Windows converter for the controller) outside his door and he got all excited... in fact, that's around the time the poker took a complete nosedive as he was clearly much more excited by the prospect of getting in the Goldeneye streets than facing another open limp or min-donk-lead in the donkament streets.
  • Options
    Have you completed it yet @Duesenberg ?

Speed-running retro games is a big deal on Twitch...
  • Options
    MynaFrett said:

waller02 said:

I didn't notice this earlier.

I haven't looked back at it to confirm but pretty sure it was right at the start and also about half an hour before the end. Was also a bit in the middle somewhere when his partner 'delivered' the parcel (the Windows converter for the controller) outside his door and he got all excited... in fact, that's around the time the poker took a complete nosedive as he was clearly much more excited by the prospect of getting in the Goldeneye streets than facing another open limp or min-donk-lead in the donkament streets.
    Cheers @MynaFrett
  • Options
    Jac35Jac35 Member Posts: 6,477
    Can’t argue with you about Goldeneye

I thought SuperMonacoGP was pretty special on the megadrive too
  • Options
    Jac35 said:

Can’t argue with you about Goldeneye

I thought SuperMonacoGP was pretty special on the megadrive too

Never owned it myself but have fond memories of playing this one at a mates as a youngster. Absolute classic. They used to have their dinner a bit later than us so I'd go round straight after mine to guarantee I'd be able to get a shot on it when he went down for his.