You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Duesenberg Twitch Stream

Comments

• CammykazeCammykaze Member Posts: 1,397
    edited August 2020
    MynaFrett said:

Thanks for the info and the link - I'm both curious and interested but I really shouldn't.

Of course gaming has made unbelievable strides in the twenty something years since Goldeneye and you can have some amazing experiences in online multiplayer games now, however, four pals in the same room playing split screen Goldeneye on a massive telly has to be the ultimate gaming experience.

MynaFrett said:

Thanks for the info and the link - I'm both curious and interested but I really shouldn't.

Of course gaming has made unbelievable strides in the twenty something years since Goldeneye and you can have some amazing experiences in online multiplayer games now, however, four pals in the same room playing split screen Goldeneye on a massive telly has to be the ultimate gaming experience.

Sitting in a room with friends gaming at each others houses always brings good memories no matter the game.

Never played an N64 on a home console and missed out on, by most accounts one of the best multi-player games of yesteryear.

Got some Super Mario Kart and other games in though :)
    MynaFrett said:

Have you completed it yet @Duesenberg ?

Speed-running retro games is a big deal on Twitch...

Guess you have seen the Mario 1 speed runs on Youtube? Three of the top players swapping position on a NWR. This was about a year ago or so the record was broken again (could have changed since).

A simulator had been run on the game for a perfect speed-run and the top three are probably less than a second off that run. Remember one or two commenting on that they had reached their personal limit on the game. Find that speed-run to be the most iconic one.

The dedication, time and enough put into that one in particular is quite something.
    Favourite reaction to a World Gaming Record

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j8CHsUFsi1A

Watch from 4:58 onwards. :smiley:
  • DuesenbergDuesenberg Member Posts: 1,740
    Playing with mates was the absolute best thing about the N64 and its pioneering 4 player games. In my student house we had the same rule regarding Oddjob, except for when the girls joined in as they were mostly dreadful at Goldeneye - they were just humouring us lads in those games anyway as all they really wanted to do was swap out the cartridge for Mario Kart.

I also have a lot of fond Mega Drive memories. I remember the frenzied excitement of rushing out to buy Street Fighter II the moment it was finally released on the Sega. Its SNES exclusivity up until that point was the only real thing the Nintendo owning kids could come back at us Sega lovers with every time we pointed out how superior the Mega Drive was. It didn't disappoint and was the best £50 I'd ever spent at the time (crazy money when you think about what kind of a game £50 buys you these days!).

My revisiting of Goldeneye certainly won't involve any record speed attempts. It'll mostly be a painful exhibition of an early slide into senility as I very slowly spend an age trying to remember where all the body armour used to be hidden :).
  • MP33MP33 Member Posts: 6,237

I also have a lot of fond Mega Drive memories.

-----

Me too . Not really into gaming but the 4 player PGA Golf games on the Mega drive were epic.

We,d come home from the arcades with pockets full of pound coins and play all night. £1 a hole each and if 2 ppl tied a hole the other 2 would have to pay an extra quid in. The pots would soon build up. Happy days
  • MAXALLYMAXALLY Member Posts: 17,517
    Good Luck in the 4.50 @ York today pal.

15. Duesenberg 66/1

It is the last race on the card there, so obviously they are having a novel donkey race to finish.
    ^^^^^

Love it!

66/1 seems extraordinarily generous tbh :D
  • EnutEnut Member Posts: 3,272
    MAXALLY said:

15. Duesenberg 66/1

It is the last race on the card there, so obviously they are having a novel donkey race to finish.

Brilliant, you're so multi talented @Duesenberg. We should all pile on it so that you start as a favourite and still get beaten by miles, just for the giggles.
  • mumsiemumsie Member Posts: 7,326
    MAXALLY said:

15. Duesenberg 66/1

Nice spot @MAXALLY

Im on it.

• PKRParPKRPar Member Posts: 2,233
    im in.
  • waller02waller02 Member Posts: 9,013
    5er EW, rude not to
    mumsie said:

MAXALLY said:

15. Duesenberg 66/1

Nice spot @MAXALLY

Im on it.

Cash out...Cash out!

Have you seen this guy play KK? He will probably be winning with less than 1/2 furlong to go.....then stop.........just in case he trips up before the winning line ;)
    Enut said:

MAXALLY said:

15. Duesenberg 66/1

Brilliant, you're so multi talented @Duesenberg. We should all pile on it so that you start as a favourite and still get beaten by miles, just for the giggles.
    When I put 'We' I did of course mean 'you', I'm not backing it, I'm not an idiot!

(That should make it romp home now).
    Just to warn you guys, I did have a particularly large lunch and I'm feeling rather sluggish this afternoon!

Fingers crossed for you all though :).
    If it runs like a donkey....looks like a donkey.......it is probably a donkey. ;)
    'Held up, pushed along and outpaced over 3f out, ridden and kept on inside final furlong, never nearer. Had a chance of winning but folded KK to try and place.'
  • GlenelgGlenelg Member Posts: 6,550
    Enut said:

'Held up, pushed along and outpaced over 3f out, ridden sluggishly & kept on inside final furlong, never nearer. Had a chance of winning but folded KK to try and place.'

Fyp
    Just in case any of you have somehow managed to miss the other thread, I'll be live from 18:30... :)

https://twitch.tv/duesenberg123
    Morning All

Whilst Mondays stream was great fun and a break from the norm, I am well aware that it could mean you all get denied your usual weekly exhibition of dazzling Duesenberg poker wizardry.

Well fear not boys and girls. I'll instead to going live tonight at 18:30 with a smorgasbord of Sky MTT delights :).

https://twitch.tv/duesenberg123
  • CarnageCarnage Member Posts: 48
    A smorgasbord eh. :)