You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

It's coming

Comments

• Options
    chillingchilling Member Posts: 3,774
    madprof said:

chilling said:

Not sure if this should go along with the OP.

I’m reliably informed that’s very inaccurate, also the one that says by drinking lots you transfer the virus to the stomach where the acids destroy the virus is rubbish as well...
    Well it can’t be a bad thing to try, but I’m no doc.
    It is a lung disease so the experts say.
    And I’ve seen the docs on the frontline say it accumulates in the throat.
    If it turns out to be **** , I’ll take it off.
  • Options
    madprofmadprof Member Posts: 3,298
    I agree , anything that helps....gargling with warm vinegar water mind...eek
  • Options
  • Options
    bbMikebbMike Member Posts: 3,701
    edited March 2020
    mumsie said:
    If the water going into the bottle comes out brown and undrinkable it might be worth pouring in as little as possible for long enough for it to become possible that it’s not necessary to pour it all in.

Some thoughts on the assumptions underpinning the UK strategy here

• Options
    edited March 2020
    I could be wrong here, but wtf.
    I think the governments plan on the virus is to have a manageable amount of cases, constantly coming in.
    I think kids going to school will spread the virus too rapidly , which would make the numbers unmanageable.Kids causing trouble for their parents , and the older generation.
    So I wouldn’t be alarmed at our case numbers going up, that’s what they’re after.
    It’s trying to keep the death rate down.
    The elderly haven’t got a strong enough immune system.
    I’d doubt any child will die unless they have an underlining condition.
    Most kids won’t know they’ve even had.
    So it’s two categories that need to be looked out for on the whole.
    Unfortunately their are idiots around that will break all the rules.
    Don’t be surprised to see makeshift beds.
    This will go on for months, but flu can kill about 13k people, and we’re on 10.
    Most people won’t need medical attention for it.
    The key to it all is the steady flow.
    The priority at this time is to avoid lockdowns.
    That’s my view anyway.
  • Options
    bbMikebbMike Member Posts: 3,701
    Hospitals already making provisions for freeing up beds, cancelling anything other than critical surgeries. They will have to make some real life and death decisions if the rate isn’t slowed down at the right time. Attempting to time it right when the growth is exponential seems very dangerous, but they’re balancing against the perceived economic impact. The plan effectively writes off a lot of lives gambling on the ability to create immunity. Time for leaders to be as such, hope they get it right.
  • Options
    VespaPXVespaPX Member Posts: 12,025
  • Options
  • Options
    The keyword to hear in the U.K. is Lockdown. Game over for the economy.
    Which will be in line with lots of other countries.
    Expect lots of emergency legislation passed through,mainly concerning finances and financial rules.
  • Options
  • Options
    mumsiemumsie Member Posts: 7,354
    edited March 2020
    I've just got off the phone with Three, by mobile provider, I rang them about reducing my monthly bill, I'm paying £56 per month at the moment.

I explained my work situation and the effect the Corona virus is having on my industry, I'm in the non essential exhibition trade and all our local and worldwide jobs are cancelled ,all our subcontractors / self employed have been asked not to come in.

My future employment is less than secured. But I have more time.

Back to the script, I explain this to the polite female, she puts me in hold for 9 minutes and comes back with a new bill for £50 .

I tell her £56 to £50 isn't a big enough drop, I don't really need unlimited calls and data, surely my plan can be reduced.

Not much she can do to help, I then explain again, I'm calling before I have less income, is there any way my bill can be reduced, before I can't afford it.

She says no, but if she thinks of anything or Three have a change of policy due to the pandemic she will personally ring me back and offer me a better deal.

And as a temporary solution, she would put me through to a colleague who will be able to offer me some options.

Yes please.

A few beeps later,

Hello Mr Mumsie, my colleague has asked me to help you with your current situation.

As you are a valued and loyal customer here at Three would you consider taking a second handset?

'Sorry, did you just ask me if I wanted another contract?

Yes sir, you are a valued customer and we would like to offer you another handset.

' I don't want another handset, I'm ringing to reduce my bill.

Have you any friends or family members that could use a handset...

I can repeat how the call panned out after that.

• Options
    goldongoldon Member Posts: 8,494
    "Silly Mumsie ."
    You have to say you're leaving, you've had better offer. Then the bill is halved straight away. No lock down roam all over the place.
  • Options
    edited March 2020
    mumsie said:

I've just got off the phone with Three, by mobile provider, I rang them about reducing my monthly bill, I'm paying £56 per month at the moment.

I explained my work situation and the effect the Corona virus is having on my industry, I'm in the non essential exhibition trade and all our local and worldwide jobs are cancelled ,all our subcontractors / self employed have been asked not to come in.

My future employment is less than secured. But I have more time.

Back to the script, I explain this to the polite female, she puts me in hold for 9 minutes and comes back with a new bill for £50 .

I tell her £56 to £50 isn't a big enough drop, I don't really need unlimited calls and data, surely my plan can be reduced.

Not much she can do to help, I then explain again, I'm calling before I have less income, is there any way my bill can be reduced, before I can't afford it.

She says no, but if she thinks of anything or Three have a change of policy due to the pandemic she will personally ring me back and offer me a better deal.

And as a temporary solution, she would put me through to a colleague who will be able to offer me some options.

Yes please.

A few beeps later,

Hello Mr Mumsie, my colleague has asked me to help you with your current situation.

As you are a valued and loyal customer here at Three would you consider taking a second handset?

'Sorry, did you just ask me if I wanted another contract?

Yes sir, you are a valued customer and we would like to offer you another handset.

' I don't want another handset, I'm ringing to reduce my bill.

Have you any friends or family members that could use a handset...

I can repeat how the call panned out after that.

A clear case of the penny not dropping yet with folk and businesses.
    You should have said that their company might go bust in the future,as all companies are going to be in the same boat.
    That outcome wouldn’t have been fed down to an operator though.
    I’d expect the last thing folk will give up is a phone.
    Pay as you go is the future maybe.
  • Options
  • Options
    Li Edelkoort.
  • Options
    If no vaccine is found, expect a rich list to be published.
    What they were once worth.
    Most rich are on paper only.
  • Options
    chilling said:

I must admit..I wish I had shares in supermarkets.....they must be having pre-christmas sales and turnover pretty much every day at the moment...trust me they are loving the volumes of products they are selling atm....the supply chain won't worry them too much as they've got the 'bird in the hand £' already!

• Options
    madprof said:

chilling said:

I must admit..I wish I had shares in supermarkets.....they must be having pre-christmas sales and turnover pretty much every day at the moment...trust me they are loving the volumes of products they are selling atm....the supply chain won't worry them too much as they've got the 'bird in the hand £' already!

I’d expect lockdowns at some stage.
    You could have supermarkets full of stock, but they only let a few in at a time.
    So it may pan out.
  • Options
    Netflix could be a good stock to hold, but it’s way too early.
    Like catching a falling knife.