You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

It's coming

Comments

• Options
    VespaPXVespaPX Member Posts: 12,025
    Thanks to the Royal Navy, I have had my shoes stuck to the stickiest carpets any nightclub the world has to offer. I've scrubbed toilets and decks on my hands and knees without gloves and regularly used trichlorethelene to clean beryllium filled cabinets. Been exposed to EMF and ionising radiation. I've eaten food cooked by chefs that took a cooking course so hard none of them has ever passed it. Have drunk whatever hooch the locals have had to offer. Done press ups in the tamar mud, eaten with diesel and grease covered fingers. Lived in a tiny space with some of the most disgusting toe picking **** scratching **** mongers the world has ever seen without fresh air or natural light.
    The coronavirus hasn't got a **** chance with any of us matelots / Jenny’s or Royals past or present. I wonder if that's why I feel so calm about all of this.
  • Options
    chillingchilling Member Posts: 3,774
    VespaPX said:

Thanks to the Royal Navy, I have had my shoes stuck to the stickiest carpets any nightclub the world has to offer. I've scrubbed toilets and decks on my hands and knees without gloves and regularly used trichlorethelene to clean beryllium filled cabinets. Been exposed to EMF and ionising radiation. I've eaten food cooked by chefs that took a cooking course so hard none of them has ever passed it. Have drunk whatever hooch the locals have had to offer. Done press ups in the tamar mud, eaten with diesel and grease covered fingers. Lived in a tiny space with some of the most disgusting toe picking **** scratching **** mongers the world has ever seen without fresh air or natural light.
    The coronavirus hasn't got a **** chance with any of us matelots / Jenny’s or Royals past or present. I wonder if that's why I feel so calm about all of this.

Depends on your age VespaPX.
    Under 60, middling, over 60 💩
  • Options
    madprofmadprof Member Posts: 3,299
    chilling said:

madprof said:

chilling said:

If no vaccine is found, expect a rich list to be published.
    What they were once worth.
    Most rich are on paper only.

I must admit..I wish I had shares in supermarkets.....they must be having pre-christmas sales and turnover pretty much every day at the moment...trust me they are loving the volumes of products they are selling atm....the supply chain won't worry them too much as they've got the 'bird in the hand £' already!

I’d expect lockdowns at some stage.
    You could have supermarkets full of stock, but they only let a few in at a time.
    So it may pan out.
    supply and demand...as long as they can fulfil the supply, the demand is there...I saw people buying 'substitutes' they probably would never have considered buying pre-panic period..FOMO
  • Options
    VespaPXVespaPX Member Posts: 12,025
    chilling said:

VespaPX said:

Depends on your age VespaPX.
    Under 60, middling, over 60 💩
    58 and i have experienced all the above :-)
  • Options
    The panic buying will soon stop, as the customers will soon be skint.
  • Options
    The reason for all the leaders appearing to give different info , is that there’s nowt they can do.
    You can’t throw money or fire a missile at this problem.
    They can save some lives though.
  • Options
    There is some doubt whether kids are safe from the virus.
    Best way is to treat everybody as if they have it.
  • Options
    stokefcstokefc Member Posts: 7,634
    This is getting mental now I can see public disorder shortly people are panicking now
  • Options
    stokefc said:

This is getting mental now I can see public disorder shortly people are panicking now

So they should be. People have be warned to make changes for the foreseeable future.
    If you don’t, and carry on as usual, that’s no good.
    That’s why I mentioned financial legislation will have to be rushed through.
    There’s not enough money in the world to cover the finances of folks who potentially could be off work, or have lost their jobs.
    The most important jobs to maintain numbers in are, emergency workers, power supply, most things to do with food supply.
    I’ve followed the virus story from the first day it emerged in China.
    They had a few cases at the start, then realized how serious it was.
    They only treated folks with symptoms, but unfortunately some people were asymptotic, and came out of the country. Not all Chinese, some foreign workers etc.
    Some went into the Alps skiing, some all over the world.
    Only takes one case in one country to affect the whole country, given time.
    The lily in the pond affect.
  • Options
    There’s a lot more folks in the U.K. than are listed in the population number.
    Not just here illegally,but on buisness, tourists etc.
    There could be millions more than the official population count.
  • Options
    edited March 2020
    The respirators are important obv, but other countries with more than us, also have more deaths.
    I wonder what the figures are for those that have died whilst on a respirator.
    Quite high, I bet.
  • Options
    stokefc said:

That’s why the armed forces are on standby.
  • Options
    dragon1964dragon1964 Member Posts: 3,051
    VespaPX said:

While the virus may be a minor illness for relatively young and fit people like you, you should be thinking about the older and more vulnerable people that you or others may give it to.
    That's why you should worry.

Think of others, not just yourself.
  • Options
    Am I right in thinking that there’s a chance of getting cut off, due to folks working from home?
    Or disconnected intermittently?
    From Talk Talk.

• Options
  • Options
    madprofmadprof Member Posts: 3,299
  • Options
    mumsiemumsie Member Posts: 7,354
    madprof said:

This is a good read!

https://t.co/KFkyjEmdz3?amp=1

Yes, I dont understand the finer points, but feel reassursed.
  • Options
    goldongoldon Member Posts: 8,494
    What is gonna be worse ..... last three years of hearing about "Brexit" or next three years the "Coronavirus" Self Isolate with earplugs.
  • Options
    mumsiemumsie Member Posts: 7,354
    Posted on an Expat Spanish site.