You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

Mini UKOPS Charity Side Bet - Teams, Results and Banter

Comments

• Options
    Shelley7Shelley7 Member Posts: 128
    The update from this event will be at 9am sharp, roughly 2 minutes after the final table begins...
  • Options
    Allan23Allan23 Member Posts: 864
    Shelley7 said:

The update from this event will be at 9am sharp, roughly 2 minutes after the final table begins...

That was quite the grind to win a tenner...
  • Options
    NOSTRINOSTRI Member Posts: 1,459
    edited May 2020
    Allan23 said:

That was quite the grind to win a tenner...

Should have stuck around a while, I got away with £200. The Grand Wizards are untouchable right now.

But!

Tomorrow's results are going to be full of drama. Minor spoilers on the spreadsheet but the biggest surprise has not submitted their results yet and might shake a few things up.
  • Options
    edited May 2020

Last night seemed like it was going to be a quiet one for the Side Bet team. Luckily UKOPS #29 came in to save the day and two of us managed to final table it. I will bet you my entire profit for this series that you'll never guess who.

No less than five of us managed to get some points out of it.

@Shelley7 walked away with 1 and was unlucky to only get that, I feel, having been in final table contention for quite some time.

@Allan23 and @bigfatfish got 2 out of it. Once again, @bigfatfish seems to have run out of run good at some point as I saw him in second place for a little while after the bubble burst.

Little old me made it to another final table and got 6 points for 5th place. I may have absorbed some of the others' luck as I spent quite a while as a short stack and got a few free ladders to get that far.

Finally getting themselves off the mark we have @cpfc_2010, who comes in swinging with 2nd place, good for 10 points and £585 in profit. I watched the heads up match and it was like watching robots play speed chess. He also won 40p in UKOPS #30. Every penny counts.

With that, @cpfc_2010 makes his debut on the points leaderboard in 4th. My finish gets me level with @Shelley7 for first place and with that the top three are starting to run away with it.

On the profit side, @cpfc_2010's massive second place puts him straight into second. He'd be leading comfortably if he managed to to take it down last night. That will upset @Shelley7, who probably felt pretty untouchable earlier in the week but now slips down to third. I've increased my lead considerably over everyone except @cpfc_2010, who shows us that all it takes is one significant win to upset the people at the top.

Don't think anyone should give up yet.
  • Options
    edited May 2020

That's all had some fairly predictable effects on the team leaderboard.

The Grand Wizards increase their lead to 14 points. Can anyone catch them? I hope not. The Dollie Llamas found 4 last night, making sure it stays a fair fight at the top. FattMates is well and truly off the mark but still stuck near the bottom. Did anyone else even play last night?

The Grand Wizards have added almost £200 to their total profit but all of a sudden we have a three horse race. The Wizards are only about £300 clear at the moment, which seems like a lot until you realise FattMates added more than £500 to their total overnight. Dollie Llamas continue their inexorable march upwards, adding a few more quid to their total. Who will be first to £1,000?

Things are looking pretty grim for the rest of the teams but that's between them and their debt collectors. No need to rub it in. All it takes is one decent result.
  • Options
    trevil25trevil25 Member Posts: 98
    i seem to have put a bit of a jinx on fish&chips , don't think they have got a point since iv'e shown my support ,so if you want me to jinx someone else lads just name the team and i will swing my allegiance.
  • Options
    madprofmadprof Member Posts: 3,299
    I’m really pleased with my performance last night...I only lost £11.00 so an improvement 🤪
  • Options
    Shelley7Shelley7 Member Posts: 128
    Congrats to the two guys who made the FT and cashed well.

Will be interesting over the weekend to see how this progresses.

It is my Lady's birthday today, so have a feeling i'll not be playing today which is not great for the challenge. Crossing my fingers that she get's very tired and wants to nap around 7pm, leaving me free for poker.

Not sure if it was just me, but that £11 event seemed to drag? Felt like there was 30-70 players for ages!

• Options
    edited May 2020
    Shelley7 said:

Not sure if it was just me, but that £11 event seemed to drag? Felt like there was 30-70 players for ages!

You're not kidding. Took about 6 hours to get to the FT.

Have the other £11s been 12 minute levels? I'm not sure.
  • Options
    Allan23Allan23 Member Posts: 864
    Great result for the challenge @cpfc_2010. Wish you hadn't mind you
  • Options
    bbMikebbMike Member Posts: 3,701
    I was thinking it was dragging before (you all reached) the money. But that’s probably because I’d bust everything else by that point too.

Cpfc... who woke the bear? Beware the bear.

Think this is just about warming up nicely.
  • Options
    MattBatesMattBates Member Posts: 4,118
    bbMike said:

I was thinking it was dragging before (you all reached) the money. But that’s probably because I’d bust everything else by that point too.

Cpfc... who woke the bear? Beware the bear.

Think this is just about warming up nicely.

Yeah, what idiot kept poking the bear....soz guys!
  • Options
    waller02waller02 Member Posts: 9,014
    Well played guys
  • Options
  • Options
    SR23SR23 Member Posts: 1,228
    We've got this, right @mumsie ?
  • Options
    SR23 said:

Yes, if by "this" you mean this:

• Options
    SR23SR23 Member Posts: 1,228
    waller02 said:

SR23 said:

Ha, just you wait and see (how wooden that wooden spoon can get)
  • Options
    Phantom66Phantom66 Member Posts: 5,542
    I might have been premature with my FattMates doing a Derby comment.

So WP @cpfc_2010 on matching Derby's total of 11pts.
  • Options
    edited May 2020
    SR23 said:

waller02 said:

SR23 said:

Ha, just you wait and see (how wooden that wooden spoon can get)
    I don't really think we are in the best position to be taking the pi55 ourselves. I've been telling myself that there is still plenty of time and it's all to play for, but we are getting towards the business end now and the gap is looking pretty big.

Good luck tonight Steve.
  • Options
    mumsiemumsie Member Posts: 7,355
    SR23 said:

The towel in my hand is for the hot baked potatoes and wine spillages.
    Im not ready to throw it in, yet.