You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

Mini UKOPS Charity Side Bet - Teams, Results and Banter

Comments

• Options
    waller02waller02 Member Posts: 9,014
    edited May 2020
    Sorry @MAXALLY I couldn't see it out. Annoyingly due to an error rather than a bad beat. Rivered trips, in a 3b, 3 way pot, in a spot where he is never bluffing. Full house.

The excuse I'm giving, and standing by, is that I'm a station I struggled to maintain focus at 1:30am :)
  • Options
    MAXALLYMAXALLY Member Posts: 17,523
    waller02 said:

Sorry @MAXALLY I couldn't see it out. Annoyingly due to an error rather than a bad beat. Rivered trips, in a 3b, 3 way pot, in a spot where he is never bluffing. Full house.

The excuse I'm giving, and standing by, is that I'm a station I struggled to maintain focus at 1:30am :)

Dont worry about it Ryan. You played well. You just came up against one of them 'site players', who always get there ;)

I was railing, and would have called too!

Plenty of time left yet for both of us to make our march up the table.....ish.
  • Options
    MAXALLY said:

waller02 said:

Dont worry about it Ryan. You played well. You just came up against one of them 'site players', who always get there ;)

I was railing, and would have called too!

Plenty of time left yet for both of us to make our march up the table.....ish.
    It feels like a mistake. I've posted the hand for advice.

Wp in the Sheriff btw.
  • Options
    NOSTRINOSTRI Member Posts: 1,459

We've been hearing reports that @bbMike has lost his touch. Not saying I thought this, mind you, I'm just here to report the news. Anyway, we can put those nasty rumours to bed now as the man picked up the maximum 12 points last night. He's only the second player to get the maximum and it was, once again, in a PLO tournament. Does anyone here know how to play NLHE?

A nice result for @SR27 too, who came 4th in UKOPS #33.

With those results, @bbMike moves up to joint second in points, proving once again that this remains anyone's game, and @SR23 moves into 5th. @bigfatfish, our resident proponent of the slow and steady approach, has moved into 6th thanks to a smattering of small point gains.

But the most notable development is that we have a new leader for the first time in the series. I only played one entry last night but I took a point from it, which was enough to ever-so-slightly eke out the lead. For the time being, that puts me on top of the points and profit leaderboard. I don't think a 1 point lead is going to last long but it's nice to see @Shelley7's supremacy challenged. He made it easy for us by taking the night off but that's not the point.

The profit leaderboard remains largely unchanged. No movement among the top 4, although I increased my lead slightly. @bbMike jumps up to 6th, slotting in underneath the large, overweight fish, and becoming our sixth player to be showing an overall profit for the series.
  • Options
    edited May 2020

Absolute scenes on the team points leaderboard. Fish & Chips moves directly to second thanks to @bbMike's PLO proficiency. The Daddies pull themselves off the bottom and move up to fourth. The Grand Wizards are still looking pretty comfortable on top, adding two more points to their total last night.

On the profit side, Fish & Chips have pulled themselves out of the red and moved up to 5th but they're going to have to do better than winning a silly little PLO tournament if they want to challenge the leaders. Norfolk and Chance seem to have gained over 50 quid last night without scoring a significant number of points, which is impressive. Looks like it's down to @madprof winning a lot of bounties in #34 but unfortunately only min-cashing it. Good effort, though. The Grand Wizards expanded their lead by about 50 quid last night, thanks to some small results and a poor night for FattMates, although half of their team has not submitted results yet.

For the time being, The Grand Wizards appear to be running away with it.
  • Options
    trevil25trevil25 Member Posts: 98
    well played mike i had total faith in both of you ,told you it was like being a spurs fan ,
    go team fish&chips

• Options
    I was about to cancel the wooden spoon order for The Daddies but then realised I might still need it for ourselves!

WP with the ft @SR23

Thanks as always for the updates Nozzer.

Good luck tonight all.
  • Options
    I was just sitting here counting my money and realised I have no idea what the prizes I'll inevitably be winning are.

Perhaps if @waller02 could remind us all what we're playing for it would help motivate everyone?
  • Options
    edited May 2020
    NOSTRI said:

I was just sitting here counting my money and realised I have no idea what the prizes I'll inevitably be winning are.

Perhaps if @waller02 could remind us all what we're playing for it would help motivate everyone?

Well this one is all for charity ofc, so those teams that are close to the top of the points and profit leaderboards might want to get their heads together to decide their chosen charities.

For the 14 of us that opted into the personal one, there is £130 up for grabs for the individual points winner and same again for the individual highest profit maker. Or, as @NOSTRI knows full well, its £260 if you manage to come on top on both (we can sort that out on the other thread at the end). Some big tournaments coming up so it's all to play for.
  • Options
    Is the charity thing just for teams then? I thought it was individuals up to now and teams was just bragging rights.
  • Options
    NOSTRI said:

Is the charity thing just for teams then? I thought it was individuals up to now and teams was just bragging rights.

Yes mate, I was under the impression we were all aware? I started the personal side bet on a separate thread because some of us wanted to spice it up a bit further. I did mention that on the OP of other thread, although I'm not the best at making things clear. I'm sure I said it was an extra 20 if you wanted to have a personal one though alongside this one, I'll find that thread and give it a bump.
  • Options
    Yeah, I remember that the cash sidebet is individual, no confusion there.

Probably just my fault for remembering wrong on the charity one. Let's keep this steamroller going @Allan23!
  • Options
    edited May 2020
    NOSTRI said:

Probably just my fault for remembering wrong on the charity one. Let's keep this steamroller going @Allan23!

I'm paranoid that those of us who spiced it up with a personal one weren't aware it was for an EXTRA £20 now. I guess if there is anyone in the 14 who opted in on the other thread and genuinely weren't aware of that and can't afford the extra £20 then they can not donate to Charity, as the personal one will definitely have to be settled.
  • Options
    Allan23Allan23 Member Posts: 864
    waller02 said:

NOSTRI said:

I'm paranoid that those of us who spiced it up with a personal one weren't aware it was for an EXTRA £20 now. I guess if there is anyone in the 14 who opted in on the other thread and genuinely weren't aware of that and can't afford the extra £20 then they can not donate to Charity, as the personal one will definitely have to be settled.
    Nah, it was pretty clear it was an extra £20 we were stumping up for the individual side bet 👍
  • Options
    hhyftrftdrhhyftrftdr Member Posts: 8,036
    Awesome, I've got a couple of days to come up with a delightful grim based on poorly worded posts and vague mentions of £20 here and there.
  • Options

Awesome, I've got a couple of days to come up with a delightful grim based on poorly worded posts and vague mentions of £20 here and there.

Confident about the last 3 days then.
  • Options
    hhyftrftdrhhyftrftdr Member Posts: 8,036
    waller02 said:

Confident that I'm gonna have no money left by the early hours of Monday morning.
    But plan B shall save my wallet.
    Clearly I had no idea what I was signing up for.
  • Options

waller02 said:

Confident that I'm gonna have no money left by the early hours of Monday morning.
    But plan B shall save my wallet.
    Clearly I had no idea what I was signing up for.
    Always read the small print.
  • Options
    madprofmadprof Member Posts: 3,297
    3 things:

1) Great, consistent play by the guys at the top :#
    2) as one of the also rans...my only interest is being higher/less losses than @mumsie and @maxally...that’ll do me! ;)
    3) just wait till @bigfatfish really gets going.....just 1 big win from Paul and a few lucky points from me and it’s our trophy! .......Sorry just woke up..was having a lovely dream :p
  • Options
    mumsiemumsie Member Posts: 7,350
    madprof said:

3 things:

1) Great, consistent play by the guys at the top :#
    2) as one of the also rans...my only interest is being higher/less losses than @mumsie and @maxally...that’ll do me! ;)
    3) just wait till @bigfatfish really gets going.....just 1 big win from Paul and a few lucky points from me and it’s our trophy! .......Sorry just woke up..was having a lovely dream :p

I also have a late entry to be added to this.

Im on top, of you.