You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

Mini UKOPS Charity Side Bet - Teams, Results and Banter

Comments

• Options
    mumsiemumsie Member Posts: 7,350
  • Options
    Allan23Allan23 Member Posts: 864
    bbMike said:

Ominously quiet in here tonight...

Sorry @NOSTRI - literally not a single bounty
  • Options
    NOSTRINOSTRI Member Posts: 1,459
    Good job we have a near-insurmountable lead then!

Still alive in the £10k and £3r here. Circling the drain in the £10k though.
  • Options
    I'd appreciate it if you stopped getting points @bbMike, thanks.
  • Options
    mumsiemumsie Member Posts: 7,350

Here, i come., out of the way please.

• Options
    So stressed out.

Struggling along with 5bb in the £10k. Haven't seen a playable hand for about an hour. 94 left, 89 get paid/earn a point.

Finally got a playable hand on the last hand before break that just happened to be AA and in it goes. Get called, for some reason, by a 6bb stack with Q8o. He flops an 8 and a straight draw. Miraculaously, I hold.

Still only up to 86th.
  • Options
    Unlucky with QQ there, @bbMike. Enjoy your 2 point lead while it lasts. :wink:

Staging a comeback in the £10k, currently sitting 15/51. Hoping I can at least get to 20th to secure 2pts and stay on top of the leaderboard.
  • Options
    Scratch that.
  • Options
    engyengy Member Posts: 723
    Thank you for the rail mumsie
  • Options
    bbMikebbMike Member Posts: 3,701
    Ha didn't think anyone was watching me grind out a tiny stack! Was hoping the other two were going to go crazy for it and quad me up by bluffing the other off.

Saw you get a nice little gift with your QQ getting rejammed on by 77 after an UTG raise, a flat and your shove. But I guess that feels like a while ago now!

Roll on tomorrow where Team Fish n Chips put the hammer down on this thing.

• Options
    PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
    engySmall blind10000.0010000.00566150.92
    andy2324Big blind20000.0030000.00503849.08
    Your hole cards
    • Q
    • Q
    engyRaise30000.0060000.00536150.92
    andy2324Raise100000.00160000.00403849.08
    engyAll-in536150.92696150.920.00
    andy2324All-in403849.081100000.000.00
    engyUnmatched bet52301.841047698.1652301.84
    engyShow
    • Q
    • Q
    andy2324Show
    Flop
    Turn
    River
    andy2324WinFlush to the 101047698.161047698.16
  • Options
    thought id won it then. wasnt to be wp andy
  • Options
    bbMikebbMike Member Posts: 3,701
    Ouch ul Engy, vwp though!
  • Options
    Big night for QQ!
  • Options
    waller02waller02 Member Posts: 9,014
    Apologies @NOSTRI I have totally lost track of it all tonight. I can remember my buy ins and it was standard brick brick brick, and not just in UKOPs :(

I had 3 bullets and addon in Mini

6.30 in Ukops 40

No cashes or bounties in anything.
  • Options

So here we are. Only two sessions to play before it's all over and it's all getting very close on the individual leaderboards.

Well done to @engy, who picked up second in UKOPS #38. It's been a very quiet series for him so it's nice to see him get some points on the board. That result lets him sneak up to fifth place, jumping ahead of @SR23 and @bigfatfish and a host of other smaller scorers.

It was a pretty quiet night for everyone else, with nobody scoring more than two points, but we did have a bit of a nail-biter for first place.

@bbMike scored two points in UKOPS #36. That put him one point ahead of me in the lead. I bricked everything I played trying to recover the lead.

And then we went into UKOPS #39, the £10k. This would have been a great event to run deep in for the profit leaderboard but I was only interested in the points. As the bubble approached, both @bbMike and I were on short stacks just trying to get through it. I'm not ashamed to say I was anti-sweating him pretty hard and was hoping for a bubble. But it was not to be and we both got into the money and secured a point. @bbMike bust shortly after that, leaving me in need of two points to draw level at the top again.

I got through the bubble with 5bb. Then I chipped up a bit and got a full double up to put me above average stack again. The comeback was on.

Could I do it?

No.

Unfortunately I lost it all in what was, frankly, a bit of a punt and probably my worst played hand of the entire series. Fold pre, kids.

That leaves me one point behind in second place and @bbMike takes pride of place on top.

It's all to play for with only three points separating first, second, and third. @Allan23, @engy and @SR23 could also easily sneak in with a good result somewhere over the weekend. It's looking fairly out of reach for everyone else but it is certainly still possible for anyone to win it.

Over on the profit leaderboard things were not quite as exciting. @bigfatfish pulled ahead of @bbMike and @engy pulled himself up from almost last to 7th. Up at the top, things mostly stayed the same. But it should be noted that two of the top three have not submitted their results yet. I had a quick look and it doesn't look like they had any significant cashes but we'll have to wait and see.
  • Options

On the team points leaderboard, Fish & Chips reduced the gap between themselves and first placers The Grand Wizards from 13 points to just 9. That sets the scene for a huge upset over the weekend. Gin'll Fix It pull themselves up from nowhere into third, displacing the Dollie Llamas. Few more points here and there but no other major movers.

The Grand Wizards remain hard to beat on the profit leaderboard but they can be overtaken by almost anyone with a half decent result. I just checked the lobby for the £10k and the winner took over £1k, which would have been an automatic first place for any of our teams. With one more £10k on Sunday and many others between, it's clearly still all to play for.
  • Options
    Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 160,213

@NOSTRI

Not sure if you saw it, but @Dollie cashed in UKOPS 36 last night;

Dollie 0 14 £14.84 + £9.86 Head Prizes 5
  • Options
    madprofmadprof Member Posts: 3,297
    NOSTRI said:

So here we are. Only two sessions to play before it's all over and it's all getting very close on the individual leaderboards.

Well done to @engy, who picked up second in UKOPS #38. It's been a very quiet series for him so it's nice to see him get some points on the board. That result lets him sneak up to fifth place, jumping ahead of @SR23 and @bigfatfish and a host of other smaller scorers.

It was a pretty quiet night for everyone else, with nobody scoring more than two points, but we did have a bit of a nail-biter for first place.

@bbMike scored two points in UKOPS #36. That put him one point ahead of me in the lead. I bricked everything I played trying to recover the lead.

And then we went into UKOPS #39, the £10k. This would have been a great event to run deep in for the profit leaderboard but I was only interested in the points. As the bubble approached, both @bbMike and I were on short stacks just trying to get through it. I'm not ashamed to say I was anti-sweating him pretty hard and was hoping for a bubble. But it was not to be and we both got into the money and secured a point. @bbMike bust shortly after that, leaving me in need of two points to draw level at the top again.

I got through the bubble with 5bb. Then I chipped up a bit and got a full double up to put me above average stack again. The comeback was on.

Could I do it?

No.

Unfortunately I lost it all in what was, frankly, a bit of a punt and probably my worst played hand of the entire series. Fold pre, kids.

That leaves me one point behind in second place and @bbMike takes pride of place on top.

It's all to play for with only three points separating first, second, and third. @Allan23, @engy and @SR23 could also easily sneak in with a good result somewhere over the weekend. It's looking fairly out of reach for everyone else but it is certainly still possible for anyone to win it.

Over on the profit leaderboard things were not quite as exciting. @bigfatfish pulled ahead of @bbMike and @engy pulled himself up from almost last to 7th. Up at the top, things mostly stayed the same. But it should be noted that two of the top three have not submitted their results yet. I had a quick look and it doesn't look like they had any significant cashes but we'll have to wait and see.

I've woken up this morning in an alternative universe where @mumsie can play poker? ;)

Well played guys: 1 decent run and I'll overtake Charlie and Alan......sorry just realised it's me talking about me having a deep run in a tourney..stupid boy!