You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

Mini UKOPS Charity Side Bet - Teams, Results and Banter

Comments

• Options
    LmfaoAllinLmfaoAllin Member Posts: 1,211
    SR23 said:

SR23 said:

Anyone else feeling pokered-out? Really wasn't feeling it tonight.

I am still loving it ; ). Now playing drinking game which involves me guessing what card can beat me after the flop (getting really good at it ). Needless to say I have drank quite a lot this mini UKOPS.
    This sounds fantastic. I've had pneumonia for the last six weeks or so and trying to lay off the booze. Presumably it's just as much fun with milk or chamomile tea?
    Well, brandy is medicinal. As is old school cough medicine. As are Valium. That is all.
  • Options
    bbMikebbMike Member Posts: 3,701
    edited May 2020
    WP Nostri, great distraction tactic. Whilst I was taking an interest in your results your team mate goes and binks a second Mini UKOPS title. VWP @Allan23

GL all tomorrow, be glad when it's over!
  • Options
    Allan23Allan23 Member Posts: 864
    bbMike said:

WP Nostri, great distraction tactic. Whilst I was taking an interest in your results your team mate goes and binks a second Mini UKOPS title. VWP @Allan23

GL all tomorrow, be glad when it's over!

Very sneaky, the ole 2.20 bink. This has been great fun, exciting finish tomorrow
  • Options
    NOSTRINOSTRI Member Posts: 1,459
  • Options
    MattBatesMattBates Member Posts: 4,118
    NOSTRI said:

I got knocked out of #41 with AK all in for 30bb, called by T8s and Q6. Love to hear misterpj's thoughts on that one.

You do know it is only ace high!?!?
  • Options
    Results will come in just a moment. Just thought I'd set the tone by sharing this screenshot I took last night after the hand I posted with Merlin the wizard, where he called my 11bb shove with 43o and managed to win it.

It was very much the night of getting my jams called by junk and losing. @hhyftrftdr got a good one on me too but I don't want to talk about it.
  • Options

Last night was an absolute thriller.

We had quite a few people scoring one point, and well done @MAXALLY for being one of only two people to get more than one point. He also scored points in three different events, which is quite the achievement.

But never mind those small potatoes. We have another UKOPS winner in our midsts. Congratulations to my teammate @Allan23 for winning UKOPS #43, which you may remember is his second win. There are only three outright wins between all of us and he has two-thirds of them. Impressive. You might be thinking that will have had an effect on the leaderboards and you would be right.

Once again, we have a new leader as @Allan23 goes to the top of the points leaderboard.

This was a massive upset for @bbMike and myself, who spent much of last night sweating each other's results. There have also been rumours that he bribed @hhyftrftdr with lager in return for busting me in events, which he managed to do twice. No prizes for that, except my bounty. And a can of lager. It's a shame to see such dirty tactics in a charity event.

Mike only scored a point last night, I only scored a point last night. So he remains a point ahead of me, leaving us in second and third.

Unfortunately for @Allan23, he keeps winning the smallest tournaments possible. Even with two wins under his belt he's only in third on the profit leaderboard and not even close to the top. Even third place is not secure with @Shelley7 £16 behind him.

My lead has been cut severely to only £8. This is even with @cpfc_2010 reducing his overall profit by a few quid. You don't want to know how much I punted off in rebuys last night trying to bag another point. I knew it was going to be close this morning and I'm incredibly relieved to still be on top, though I have a sinking feeling I just handed @cpfc_2010 an easy win.

So with one night to go everything is suddenly very, very close. We have four contenders for the top spot in points and only nine points separating first and fourth. Profit remains anyone's game if they can bag a big win but a good result for any of the top four could be enough to lock it up. If @Allan23 can book some profit in one of the big boy events, he could end up winning both leaderboards.

Should be a nail-biter.
  • Options

The team leaderboards are not nearly as thrilling. I don't want to get ahead of myself but it seems very much to me that The Grand Wizards have locked this up in both points and profit. They have a 21 point lead and £389 lead in profit, as things stand. That is really quite impressive, if I do say so myself.

But it's not a done deal. If you read @Tikay10's result threads, you will know how regularly people go on a tear and final table multiple events in a night. That could be you, and that could be enough to get your team to the top.

I'm not saying it will be easy but it can be done.
  • Options
    madprofmadprof Member Posts: 3,297
    I still think @bigfatfish has got one big one in him......oooh matron!

Gl to all today

Great write up, well organised ( spreadsheets that work 🤔) and good fun all round

ps apart from taking allan23 out a couple of times, it’s been unusual how few times I’ve bumped into fellow competitors throughout.....you watch tonight now !
  • Options
    Allan23Allan23 Member Posts: 864
    There could well be a final twist tonight. Great thing about big number fields is the huge 1st place - if any team from fish and chips up binks anything but the £2.20 they could well top the profit if me and @NOSTRI have a well overdue stinker of a night. Thanks for the write ups again!
  • Options
    Allan23 said:

There could well be a final twist tonight. Great thing about big number fields is the huge 1st place - if any team from fish and chips up binks anything but the £2.20 they could well top the profit if me and @NOSTRI have a well overdue stinker of a night. Thanks for the write ups again!

This is exactly why I made sure to have my stinker last night. I'm all set for some run good tonight.
  • Options
    NOSTRI said:

This was a massive upset for @bbMike and myself, who spent much of last night sweating each other's results. There have also been rumours that he bribed @hhyftrftdr with lager in return for busting me in events, which he managed to do twice. No prizes for that, except my bounty. And a can of lager. It's a shame to see such dirty tactics in a charity event..

Not guilty your honour. I believe the identity parade would be full of middle-aged bearded men. Though given lockdown that may not narrow the field of suspects.

Tonight though, if anyone fancies a pint...
  • Options
    trevil25trevil25 Member Posts: 98
    tried to help my team fish&chips last night as i struggled along as short stack for about an hour and hand dead to-boot,when bbmike appeared on my table and ist hand i get kj suited hip hip hooray i thought , so i jammed to the big blind bbmike , to walk straight into AA booooo
  • Options
    misterpjmisterpj Member Posts: 3,204
    ' Nozzer'.

Good Morning.

You, were not,expecting this, were you.

Outstanding,supreme,congratualations,on both,your personal performance,and,more so ,outstanding Administration,of the whole thing.

😍😘

I hear a rumour, ( with legs) in the team section, ( dormant) in the next few days,there might be something, that reignites SkyPoker Team Poker,but based on duo teams only.

That Sir,will be in no short measure, down to you,Huge,Pat,on back.

You asked,about, what misterpj, thoughts on pocket AK,are?.

She, can be, " tricky mistress"

I have my last,100 pocket dealt AK hands,detailed,I am poker obsessed,like that.

Everyone,of said hands,I have " aggro raised" from any position,minimum,times 3bb, hands,where I had, the button ,minimum, 4bb aggro raise.

But,I looked,down,at the exact hand ( Profer,of the Madness)

I show hands,this way,as they are time stamped, ( for factual Poker History)

Nostri, when I am dealt,pocket AK, I will be aggro raising,the next 99, might be one time,that Poker instinct,tells me,snap Fold,...like this.

£5.50 buy in. Me, chip leader,stacked x 3.

Laid this down,when it should,have been ,instant snap call,

As the saying go you gifts know,when to fold em.

If, team duo Poker returns, what you say,we go Bromance? Nozzi.P. J.;

Team, TWERK 'n 'JERK

I will be , in your ear,constant,telling you," we" are the best two no limit hold em,players,on planet earth.

* Genuine Disclaimer* duo teams happen,I want to be teamed with Nostri,if he decline,team me with 'myna.

• Options
    misterpjmisterpj Member Posts: 3,204
    Nozzer, no way I hijack

Consider ,teaming with p.j.

"He" gives you a taster, only Jenius's ( slightly flawed) are eccentric, enough,to go,third person.

When , you look down,at pocket, AJ suited,play ' him' like p.j.

Team TWERK 'n 'JERK ,it resonates,we do it,for Poker History, as Helmuth said.!😀
  • Options
    madprofmadprof Member Posts: 3,297
    I agree, a match made in heaven?.....

Team name? Nozzer in his pj’s? :p
  • Options
    This has absolutely nothing to do with what is happening in this thread, which is a charity event that you are not involved in. Please post your nonsense elsewhere.
  • Options
    mumsiemumsie Member Posts: 7,350
    I think Ive got my results in, its hard to navigate the morning after.

• Options
    Are you using the ‘Complete’ view? If you use the ‘Poker’ view it should condense all your in and outs onto the single row and make it much easier to see what’s what.