You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

Mini UKOPS Charity Side Bet - Teams, Results and Banter

Comments

• Options
    bbMikebbMike Member Posts: 3,701

Well, that was fun. Read a post by TK that it would cost £290 to play all 50 tournies so was prepared to lose that amount, having only lost about £170 and am calling that a win.
    Apologies to Mike for letting the side down. ( oh and wp last night but how the feck did you lose to Groggy HU. )
    Massive thanks to Nostri or is it Twerk/Jerk for the spreadsheets and write-ups. Think TK had better watch his back especially if you could introduce some punnage.

Um, it was AJhh < AJss all in pre. Think I'll remember that one for some time to come. All good fun though, and Groggs to his credit resisted the urge to type "Booooooom" in chat.

Don't think you let the side down, roles could easily have been reversed. As long as you had fun, that's the main thing.....
  • Options
    HENDRIK62HENDRIK62 Member Posts: 3,146
    Never enjoyed a long week of poker less, really well run, thanks everyone for doing all the work involved, will read in morning what charities will be benefitting

Thank You
    Neil
  • Options
    mumsiemumsie Member Posts: 7,353

Thanks @NOSTRI , well run and entertaining presentation.
    The spreadsheet was icing on the cake.

Cheers @waller02 for dreaming this up.

GG all.

• Options
    MAXALLYMAXALLY Member Posts: 17,523
    All results submitted.

Thanks to all who organised and played. It has been ....emotional.

Overall, I am about £150 down. Ten days of entertainment for £15 per day. I would have spent more than that if I could have gone the pub!

GL all left in with a shout. Charity is the only winner though.
  • Options
    NOSTRINOSTRI Member Posts: 1,459

Well done @waller02! That must be your first cash of the series? :wink:
  • Options
    MAXALLYMAXALLY Member Posts: 17,523
    NOSTRI said:

He had some last minute coaching by mister PJ ;)Allegedly
  • Options
    waller02waller02 Member Posts: 9,014
    edited May 2020
    NOSTRI said:

Oi.....I have a MIGHTY 8 points!

I won't lie though, so glad it's over, been a tough old time and not just in mini UKOPS. A bit of a break is definitely in order, besides it looks like I'll be back at work now anyway.

We can sort out all the details tomorrow when the results are in. Probably best to give the personal one a bump tomorrow for the individual payments and sort the Charity one out on this thread.

Thanks to everybody who has taken part, I'm sure there are a few of us who are pokered out by now but kept on plugging away regardless.

Thanks to @NOSTRI for all the write ups. I'll congratulate the winners tomorrow.
  • Options
    That's it from me for the night, and for the series. This has been really fun!

Final results tomorrow as soon as it seems like everyone's results are in.
  • Options
    @Shelley7 & @bigfatfish, results please!
  • Options
    Shelley7Shelley7 Member Posts: 128
    Updated, apologies.
  • Options
    trevil25trevil25 Member Posts: 98
    well done to all ,have looked forward to reading this every morning,a big shout for bbmike for keeping team fish&chips going , im not sure how pom managed to go away for a week,in lockdown ?
  • Options
    GlenelgGlenelg Member Posts: 6,550
    Another lurker who has enjoyed the 'bumpy' ride. If there were oscars for spreadsheets........
  • Options
    Right then. Good morning.

Before I get started, I would like to congratulate everyone. This has been an incredibly fun and wholesome challenge, and this thread has been a delight to participate in. Even those who didn't do well took it on the chin and didn't bring the tone down. Everyone here has suffered downswings and knows that's not as easy as it sounds. Ten straight days of poker may not be much to many of the grinders taking part in this challenge but for some it was a considerable effort and probably very mentally draining and tiring, so very well done to everyone who took part in the name of charity, you should be proud of yourselves.

And a special thanks to everyone who submitted their results on time and without mistakes. :wink:

One last time then, the final batch of results will follow shortly.
  • Options
    We scored 22 points between us last night, which is the lowest result we've had for the entire series. I suspect everyone was quite rightly feeling a little UKOPS-fatigue after playing for 10 days straight. But everyone showed up and we played more tournaments between us last night than we did for the entire series, so well done for persevering and having a go.

Sadly, we only got three points out of the main event. A few of us looked poised for deep runs, but it seems to have fizzled out for them. Well done @cpfc_2010, @engy, and @Summers119.

The most significant result of the night was #46, in which @cpfc_2010 pulled off 6th place. He hardly scored a single point every day of the series but two, but really pulled the stops out on those two days.

Without further ado: the final leaderboards.

Points Winner: @Allan23

No big changes on the points leaderboard, although @cpfc_2010 obviously moved up a few spots. But @Allan23 has held on as the overall winner thanks to his incredible achievement of winning two UKOPS titles. He seems like a great bloke and I couldn't have asked for a more useful teammate, so well done @Allan23. Very well deserved.

Profits winner: @cpfc_2010

@cpfc_2010's 6th place last night was more than he needed to displace me for first. I had an absolutely miserable and demoralising final three days of UKOPS and more or less handed him the win, but no hard feelings. He had a pretty miserable series himself, but kept his head up and pulled out a few cracking results when it mattered. Very well done to @cpfc_2010.

That means @Allan23 and @cpfc_2010 will be splitting the cash prize side bet award. Congratulations to both!
  • Options

Points Winners: @Allan23 & @NOSTRI

With no significant upsets last night, The Grand Wizards held on to first place quite handily. And it was a nice even team effort too, with @Allan23 and I scoring close to half of our points each. Isn't that nice.

Profits winner: @Allan23 & @NOSTRI

Luckily for us, @cpfc_2010's last minute tear wasn't good enough to undo FattMates' collective losses and we managed to retain the lead unchallenged. I contributed around £430 to our total, and @Allan23 provided the remaining £230.

This means The Grand Wizards will be scooping both ends of the charity prize. We had a little chat about it last night and agreed to split it between our chosen charities. Details about that will follow shortly.
  • Options
    edited May 2020
    Finally, I have a few bonus leaderboards. I'm a bit of a stats addict and I couldn't resist pulling a few interesting tidbits out of the results I've gathered in the past ten days. No prizes for these, just bragging rights.

Let's have a look at some totals first:
    • We played 830 tournaments total, out of a possible 1,000
    • We spent £6194 (and generated about £619 in rake for Sky)
    • We won £6,141, so showed a slight loss overall
    • We got 13 final tables between us and won 3 of them
    • UKOPS #9, #19 and #25 must have been pretty soft because a full 6 of us managed to cash them. There were another 7 that 5 of us managed to cash.
    • UKOPS #9 seems to have been the hardest. It's the only one that none of us cashed.
    Tournaments Played
    We had four people play every single tournament. That is wild. That also means Fish & Chips were the only team to play every single tournament between them. @PKRPar was our laziest participant, playing only 25. Final Tables
    We had five people make two final tables. Points per Tournament
    This is an average of points scored for each tournament played. Total Cashes
    Who cashed the most tournaments overall? Surprise winner on this one. Well done to him, and everyone else who cashed more than 1/5 of the tournaments available. Very impressive. Biggest Individual Win
    Self-explanatory and not very surprising if you followed the thread. There were a total of 10 cashes that broke three figures. Well done to @Shelley7 and @bigfatfish who were the other two to get one of them but didn't make the top 5. Consecutive Scoring Days
    Fantastic achievement for @SR23 here, who managed to score points every night for a full week. If you're curious about any other particular statistic just say so and I'll do my best to work it out.
  • Options
    NOSTRI said:

We scored 22 points between us last night, which is the lowest result we've had for the entire series. I suspect everyone was quite rightly feeling a little UKOPS-fatigue after playing for 10 days straight. But everyone showed up and we played more tournaments between us last night than we did for the entire series, so well done for persevering and having a go.

Sadly, we only got three points out of the main event. A few of us looked poised for deep runs, but it seems to have fizzled out for them. Well done @cpfc_2010, @engy, and @Summers119.

The most significant result of the night was #46, in which @cpfc_2010 pulled off 6th place. He hardly scored a single point every day of the series but two, but really pulled the stops out on those two days.

Without further ado: the final leaderboards.

Points Winner: @Allan23

No big changes on the points leaderboard, although @cpfc_2010 obviously moved up a few spots. But @Allan23 has held on as the overall winner thanks to his incredible achievement of winning two UKOPS titles. He seems like a great bloke and I couldn't have asked for a more useful teammate, so well done @Allan23. Very well deserved.

Profits winner: @cpfc_2010

@cpfc_2010's 6th place last night was more than he needed to displace me for first. I had an absolutely miserable and demoralising final three days of UKOPS and more or less handed him the win, but no hard feelings. He had a pretty miserable series himself, but kept his head up and pulled out a few cracking results when it mattered. Very well done to @cpfc_2010.

That means @Allan23 and @cpfc_2010 will be splitting the cash prize side bet award. Congratulations to both!

Congratulations both. We can sort out payments on the other thread as there were only 14 of the 20 who opted into this one.
  • Options
    edited May 2020
    So The Grand Wizards won the charity leaderboards, meaning you all need to donate £10 to each of our chosen charities.

@Allan23 has chosen MS Society Scotland. Here's what he had to say about that:
    My mate works for them and he was telling me the other day the challenges (like lots of charities are facing) due to Covid - fewer donations, support networks breaking down, reduced treatment and psychological health help. He's talked to me a lot about the work he and they do and know donations there will really help and be appreciated.
    DONATE HERE

I would like my half of the donations to go to @QUICKFEET's fundraiser for The Movement Centre. He posted some information about that in this thread.

DONATE HERE

That should be £180 going to each of them, which is brilliant. gg everyone.
  • Options
    Congratulations to The Grand Wizards who cruised to victory, very well played.

I can only echo what @NOSTRI has already said, it's been fun (mostly), played in the right spirit and the banter on here has been great.

NOSTRI has made this thread a must read on a daily basis for over 10 days now so I can't thank him enough for that.

Can we all make sure that we now donate £10 to each of the charities chosen by @Allan23 and @NOSTRI using the links in the previous post.

Thanks again all.
  • Options
    Phantom66Phantom66 Member Posts: 5,542
    Full time lurker and occasional poster on this thread, VWP everyone involved.

As a thank you for the entertainment I will donate £10 to each of the winners charities.