You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

Mini UKOPS Charity Side Bet - Teams, Results and Banter

Comments

• Options
    bigfatfishbigfatfish Member Posts: 39
    I have only just entered my results, I forgot last night. 2 min cashes to add to my collection which sums up my series.
    I'll be glad of a couple of days not playing after tonight.
  • Options
    madprofmadprof Member Posts: 3,297
    mumsie said:

I think Ive got my results in, its hard to navigate the morning after.

I’m closing in on you @mumsie Charles....@maxally might be a stretch, points wise( well done yesterday Alan) however in my ( delusional) world 2 reasonable wins and a further ft see me win both the cash and the points tables

• Options
    NOSTRINOSTRI Member Posts: 1,459
    Have just noticed the main event tonight has satellites, so we're going to need a ruling on whether satellites should count towards our entry costs.

I feel like they shouldn't, but it seems it would be perfectly fair to rule that they should count. Thoughts?
  • Options
    bbMikebbMike Member Posts: 3,701
    I wouldn't have thought so, no. Small effect, but would mean those qualifying through a Sat wouldn't have the same liability in the tournament, and if that desperate someone could boost their profit by playing them all for cash!
  • Options
    misterpjmisterpj Member Posts: 3,204
    Message,received loud and clear,

If, you don't want an answer,..in your thread,maybe,dont ask me, a question.😂😂😂
  • Options
    Allan23Allan23 Member Posts: 864
    I think they should count. Of course sometimes someone will get in for 2.40 or whatever but more often than not they want - so say someone fires 2 satellites and doesn't get in and only fires 1 bullet their cost of buy ins would be £15.80
  • Options
    waller02waller02 Member Posts: 9,014
    Allan23 said:

I think they should count. Of course sometimes someone will get in for 2.40 or whatever but more often than not they want - so say someone fires 2 satellites and doesn't get in and only fires 1 bullet their cost of buy ins would be £15.80

Yeah this makes sense to me. Although like Mike says it does open up the option of sats for cash.

Shall we say genuine sat attempts are counted, but sats for cash are not included?
  • Options
    waller02 said:

Allan23 said:

Yeah this makes sense to me. Although like Mike says it does open up the option of sats for cash.

Shall we say genuine sat attempts are counted, but sats for cash are not included?
    Yeah I'd go for that. So you only play them til you "win" one, then anything after doesn't count for this challenge - either profit or loss
  • Options
    I'm down for whatever the majority goes with. Definitely don't think playing satellites for cash should be counted. Only profit from the main event.
  • Options
    waller02 said:

Allan23 said:

But then of course somebody could say the 2 sat attempts they had were for cash as they were buying in anyway!

Pass!
  • Options
    Allan23 said:

waller02 said:

Allan23 said:

Yeah I'd go for that. So you only play them til you "win" one, then anything after doesn't count for this challenge - either profit or loss
    This seems the fairest way. I'm not sure many of us will be playing sats for an 11 buy in anyway. Either way it shouldn't make a significant difference to running totals.
  • Options
    waller02 said:

I'm not sure many of us will be playing sats for an 11 buy in anyway. Either way it shouldn't make a significant difference to running totals.

I'm in for £4.80 and will be the smuggest man alive if the £6.20 I saved makes a difference on the leaderboard.
  • Options
    Good luck to everybody tonight. I let @MAXALLY down by having to take a night off last night (although it was probably a favour, given my recent efforts), I was totally pokered out though and definitely needed a break.
  • Options
    edited May 2020
    NOSTRI said:

waller02 said:

I'm not sure many of us will be playing sats for an 11 buy in anyway. Either way it shouldn't make a significant difference to running totals.

I'm in for £4.80 and will be the smuggest man alive if the £6.20 I saved makes a difference on the leaderboard.
    Yes, you are one of the few that it could make a difference for! Both yourself and Allan have played a blinder, hats off to the pair of you and good luck to you both on the individual front.

Thanks also for all your efforts with the spreadsheets and write ups, much appreciated mate.
  • Options
    Honestly, I've had a lot of fun doing it. No thanks needed.
  • Options
    Yeah happy for them to be counted or not counted, won't make much difference either way, only a few quid in it
  • Options
    MAXALLYMAXALLY Member Posts: 17,523
    I think ALL profit & loss should be accounted for. No grey area then. All rebuys and add ons are counted, so should sats. I think everyone has been honest in this so far, and so we should carry on with that premise.

Good luck all tonight for the final furlong.....some need it more than others (including me!) ;)
  • Options
    bbMikebbMike Member Posts: 3,701
    I’m not in the personal side bet so shouldn’t really have a vote. I’m planning to win the lot anyway.

Not sure what Plan B is.
  • Options
    bbMike said:

I’m not in the personal side bet so shouldn’t really have a vote. I’m planning to win the lot anyway.

Not sure what Plan B is.

Wait wait wait. That's a wrinkle I hadn't considered. If you win, then the cash goes to second place, I guess?

@Allan23, are you in the sidebet?
  • Options
    NOSTRI said:

bbMike said:

Not sure what Plan B is.

Wait wait wait. That's a wrinkle I hadn't considered. If you win, then the cash goes to second place, I guess?

@Allan23, are you in the sidebet?
    Yes it's the highest individual scorers of those who registered for the personal one. Allan is in it though.