You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

Micro Masters League - Weekly Low Stakes Leaderboard

Comments

• Options
    azahuerkazahuerk Member Posts: 59
    I like the supermarket analogy made by @Tikay10. If Sky inform customers of changes in advance they may lose business. They rely on players logging in and, even if their favourite tournament has gone, saying what the **** I'll play another one while I'm here. Never forget they are business whose priority is profit.
  • Options
    Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 160,264
    mumsie said:

bbMike said:

I think it’s more that the tournaments were on the schedule for yonks doing fine with modest guarantees, their guarantees were raised when the traffic shot up but at the end of the boom they’re removed rather than reverting to their previous positions. That seems a bit curious to many I’m sure.

Yes, and im still baffled by removing to help the mini survive.

Its like a grocery stall under the enbankment at a train station removing all its oranges and bananas so It can sell more apples when the London Train is due in.

Tescos taking all the brown sauce off the shelves so it can sell more red sauce.

Clintons removing all its pens at the till because they want to sell more Birthday cards.

If you can get people into the shop they will buy more than they came for, if you remove side products how are you ever going to sell extra stuff?

@mumsie

You are not going to curry favour with me by posting photos of old railway stations and an embankment, the latter of which struck me as more of a dam than an embankment.

PS - I was most impressed though, thank you.
  • Options
    jcrazar1jcrazar1 Member Posts: 45
    Good Morning. Could I be added to the mini tonight please, thanks 🤞
  • Options
    Allan23 said:

Not playing devil's advocate, and not wanting to sound like a bootlicking, suck up sycophant, but it's great that we have a place and a person to question these decisions through the forum and @Tikay10.

Any other site wouldn't have A) run this competition and B ) allowed us to be able to request reinstatement of tournies we think shouldn't have been deleted (as it seems has happened with the 20:45 £5.50 (pray its not just this Sunday).

In saying that, that was a fairly sizeable cull that happened without an attempted drop in guarantee, and really do feel the nightly micro/low schedule is quite sparse now (I would argue there's more £5.50s between 10:00 and 14:00 than 18:30 and 22:30). Lets hope for a couple new/reinstated tournies in the coming week

It occurred to me overnight that the reason that 20.45 £5.50 BH suddenly re-appeared last night was because on Sunday's, the Mini is £11 rather than the more usual £5.50, so presumably going forward that will be the plan.

So that would seem to be the logic to it, even though you might not agree with that logic.

• Options
    MattBatesMattBates Member Posts: 4,118
    Tikay10 said:

Allan23 said:

Not playing devil's advocate, and not wanting to sound like a bootlicking, suck up sycophant, but it's great that we have a place and a person to question these decisions through the forum and @Tikay10.

Any other site wouldn't have A) run this competition and B ) allowed us to be able to request reinstatement of tournies we think shouldn't have been deleted (as it seems has happened with the 20:45 £5.50 (pray its not just this Sunday).

In saying that, that was a fairly sizeable cull that happened without an attempted drop in guarantee, and really do feel the nightly micro/low schedule is quite sparse now (I would argue there's more £5.50s between 10:00 and 14:00 than 18:30 and 22:30). Lets hope for a couple new/reinstated tournies in the coming week

It occurred to me overnight that the reason that 20.45 £5.50 BH suddenly re-appeared last night was because on Sunday's, the Mini is £11 rather than the more usual £5.50, so presumably going forward that will be the plan.

So that would seem to be the logic to it, even though you might not agree with that logic.

Using this analogy will the £2.20 deeps be added back in on the days when the mini is a Bounty hunter of a higher price point?
    I think if players know certain tournaments are under threat they are more likely to make an effort to play them. Numbers have been good in £110bh since it’s been brought back. The mega stack was wanted back by lots on the forum and as far as I am aware it has done really well on the days it was brought back on. I feel like the same could be said for the £2.20deeps that have been removed. Have the original guarantee and give it say two weeks and see how it does.
  • Options
    MattBates said:

Tikay10 said:

Allan23 said:

Using this analogy will the £2.20 deeps be added back in on the days when the mini is a Bounty hunter of a higher price point?
    I think if players know certain tournaments are under threat they are more likely to make an effort to play them. Numbers have been good in £110bh since it’s been brought back. The mega stack was wanted back by lots on the forum and as far as I am aware it has done really well on the days it was brought back on. I feel like the same could be said for the £2.20deeps that have been removed. Have the original guarantee and give it say two weeks and see how it does.

If it were down to me, I'd certainly do that, but far wiser minds than me make these decisions & I'm sure they have a logic for doing so. Anyway, I'll wait until James is in a good mood & pitch it to him. If he's grumpy today though, as he often is on a Monday, I'll wait for a better spot.
  • Options
    edited June 2020
    jcrazar1 said:

@jcrazar1

Morning.

I've just requested that, & will confirm when it's sorted.
  • Options
    stokefcstokefc Member Posts: 7,634
    edited June 2020
    MattBates said:

Tikay10 said:

Allan23 said:

Hey Matt it's the fiver deepy at the weekends and the fiver freezeout that have gone
    I can understand them being dropped when they were 500 gtd but they have run for years at a 150/200 gtd with no problems
    I'm just bemused and only slightly disappointed but sky have the numbers so it's up to them plus it saves me a tenner at weekends
  • Options
    stokefc said:

MattBates said:

Tikay10 said:

Allan23 said:

Hey Matt it's the fiver deepy at the weekends and the fiver freezeout that have gone
    I can understand them being dropped when they were 500 gtd but they have run for years at a 150/200 gtd with no problems
    I'm just bemused and only slightly disappointed but sky have the numbers so it's up to them plus it saves me a tenner at weekends
    I'm getting a little confused here - can someone summarise what's been dropped, & what nights please?
  • Options
    jcrazar1 said:

@jcrazar1

All sorted, you are in tonight's Mini.

I'm sure you'll do Team MML proud, & I hope it goes well for you. Let us know how you get on please.
  • Options
    edited June 2020
    Tikay10 said:

stokefc said:

MattBates said:

Tikay10 said:

Allan23 said:

I'm getting a little confused here - can someone summarise what's been dropped, & what nights please?
    The 8.15 deepy weekends only
    The 9 pm freezeout I think that runs every night but I only play it at weekends
    Oh and the 19.45 bh but I'm confused about that one
  • Options
    Sorry it's the 20.45 bh
  • Options

No wonder I'm confused.....
  • Options
    mumsiemumsie Member Posts: 7,353
    Can everyone stop posting please, Nostri is trying to do a write-up.
  • Options
    NOSTRINOSTRI Member Posts: 1,459
    Good morning. It's Monday, which is a bit of a pain, but it does mean another week of MML is over.

We played our little hearts out last night but it was very low on points. We did complete our week-long streak of winning a tournament everyday, though. First time that's happened and it's a very impressive achievement. Well done to @MynaFrett, @lewjax79, @stokefc, @tomgoodun, @JACKDAW, and @DARK4NIGHT, who all contributed to that.

£500 Bounty Hunter
    7. NOSTRI (35 points)
    18. Danyo0 (1 points)

£200 Bounty Hunter
    10. JACKDAW (20 points)

£1,500 Bounty Hunter
    21. mumsie (1 points)
    36. TheEdge949 (1 points)

£100 Nightly Micro
    14. TVSpice (1 points)
    15. DARK4NIGHT (1 points)
    17. lewjax79 (1 points)

£300 Deep Stack
    3. waller02 (70 points)

£100 Deep Stack
    1. DARK4NIGHT (100 points)
    3. mumsie (70 points)
    9. Danyo0 (25 points)
    10. YouMad (20 points)

£750 Bounty Hunter
    19. stokefc (1 points)

£1,000 Bounty Hunter
    13. engy (5 points)

£300 Deep Stack
    15. mumsie (1 points)

Everyone missed in the warmup, so it was down to me to get the ball rolling with 7th in the £500 Bounty Hunter, making absolutely no difference to the overall standings. Well done me. @waller02 continued the organiser run good with 3rd in the £300 Deep Stack. @DARK4NIGHT had a pretty good week and won last night's £100 Deep Stack, followed by @mumsie in 3rd.

I thought this was going to be a fairly boring finale to the week until I got to the £100 Deep Stack, which adds a little bit of a sweat. Let's break the tension immediately.

Did @DARK4NIGHT do enough to get into the top four? No. 5th place for him, missing by only 5 points. But that's a pretty excellent result for someone who only played ten of this week's tournaments, so well done him.

Did @mumsie do enough to hold on to 4th? No. @tomgoodun will be taking that honour. Tom's been close a few times, but this his first time ITM. Well done, @tomgoodun.

Poor @mumsie missed out on 4th place. He'll have to make do with 3rd. I've been rooting for @mumsie since we started and I'm really happy he got there this week. It's all the more impressive by the fact that he didn't win any tournaments and did it the hard way with three final tables and 9 overall ITM results. Well done, @mumsie.

Taking up space in 2nd is @stokefc. He's a regular in the top half of the league, unlike his namesake, and this is his second time in the bridesmaid spot. I would say just a few more points were needed for first but actually quite a lot more points were needed.

Winning the league this week, with an absolutely astonishing 573 points, is @lewjax79. He's beaten the previous points record, held by @Kahuna96 from week 1, by 174 points. Like @engy, he took a brute force approach to the league, playing pretty close to every single event, and the strategy seems to have worked, netting him 3 wins from 7 final tables.

Well done to all and good luck in week six.

Week 5 Winners

1. @lewjax79 (573 points) — 1x Main Event entry
    2. @stokefc (327 points) — 1x Mini Major entry
    3. @mumsie (303 points) — 1x Mini Main entry
    4. @tomgoodun (247 points) — 1x Mini Main entry

@Tikay10 will sort your tickets out, assuming the tournaments haven't been axed. :)

Here are the final standings.

• Options
    MattBatesMattBates Member Posts: 4,118
    stokefc said:

MattBates said:

Tikay10 said:

Allan23 said:

Sorry for my confusion, its my age!
  • Options
    NOSTRINOSTRI Member Posts: 1,459
    Some scheduling notes:

- We're assuming the £5 Deep Stack that used to run at the weekend has gone for good, but we'll leave it on the schedule for now. If it turns up this weekend, it will count.
    - The 2045 Bounty Hunter has once again disappeared from the schedule. Again, we're not sure what the plans are for that, it seems as though it may be a weekends-only tournament now. We'll see, but as above, it will remain on the schedule, so play it if you see it.
  • Options

Well done to the 4 winners, & if they post on this thread their preferred nights to play their Free Entries I'll try & get them sorted.

Please note the deadline is 10am on the given day.
  • Options
    waller02waller02 Member Posts: 9,014
    Well done to all the winners. It's great to see the 3 of the 4 seat winners did so by playing 20-25 games, with 5th place only playing 10 games, proving that you don't need to put in that much volume to give yourself a shot.
  • Options
    MAXALLYMAXALLY Member Posts: 17,523
    edited June 2020
    Well done @lewjax79 on the win. That is some volume put in there.
    Also congrats to Sean taking 2nd spot. I wish our team could have done that this season @stokefc
    Nice to see Forum helper Charles in 3rd. Well done @mumsie .
    Good to see those as old as teacakes can still play a bit....well done Tom in 4th @tomgoodun .

I best say cheers to Pike @NOSTRI for all his write ups too.