You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

The lunatics have taken over the asylum

Comments

• Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 159,766

I've certainly no idea what the relevance of the photo is to the thread.
  • goldongoldon Member Posts: 8,465
    The Thread is about Lunatics just showing picture of one........ one side you have....
    the other side adjective, san·er, san·est.
    free from mental derangement; having a sound, healthy mind: a sane person. having or showing reason, sound judgment, or good sense: sane advice.
  • GlenelgGlenelg Member Posts: 6,550
    When blackboards were removed...i personally knew the writing was on the wall...

Why my spelin and grama is so bad
    Oops! sorry not what the thread is about. I'm A Luntac
  • SR23SR23 Member Posts: 1,228
    goldon said:

The Thread is about Lunatics just showing picture of one........ one side you have....
    the other side adjective, san·er, san·est.
    free from mental derangement; having a sound, healthy mind: a sane person. having or showing reason, sound judgment, or good sense: sane advice.

Yeah, it's not though, is it. The thread isn't really about lunatics at all - by the way, quite an antiquated, pejorative term - but something else entirely. I'm sure you have your reasons for posting such a picture but I'm also sure that you won't/can't explain why and we probably both have better things to do than hang out in this little corner of the forum.
    edited June 2020
    I live here ......... the Rail is my Home ..... Rent Paid ! Please explain what the Thread is about so I don't make mistake by posting picture of nice people in a Lunatic Thread .
    You seem to have an opinion like to share it........ maybe
    VespaPX is Toot Toot the down & out lives in the railway shed down the line, who I give scraps to every now and then....... but...... can't for the life of me work out what he's on about half of the time........ cough! If you can help.......
  • gpc70gpc70 Member Posts: 1,997
    its always got an opinion golden must of its not worth a carrot
    Most, can't make head nor tail of my thread posts either. Kick a Cygnet kick a police officer in my eyes their Lunatics complainer has not replied as to WHY my post should not be on this Thread given the OP heading.
  • hhyftrftdrhhyftrftdr Member Posts: 8,036
    Before people stick the knife in for all the Daily Mail links he shares, remember this is a really tough time for Vespa at the moment.

Farage booted from his radio show.
    Tommy Robinson arrested, yet again.
    Statues of slave traders torn down.
    And a global movement championing long overdue equality for black people.

Thoughts and prayers pal, thoughts and prayers.
  • VespaPXVespaPX Member Posts: 12,018
  • VespaPXVespaPX Member Posts: 12,018

Before people stick the knife in for all the Daily Mail links he shares, remember this is a really tough time for Vespa at the moment.

Farage booted from his radio show.
    Tommy Robinson arrested, yet again.
    Statues of slave traders torn down.
    And a global movement championing long overdue equality for black people.

Thoughts and prayers pal, thoughts and prayers.

Couldn't be more happy than i am now.
    Just retired at 58, in the process of moving to a new house.
    Life's all good here (pal?)
  • kapowblamzkapowblamz Member Posts: 1,527
    We need to give democracy a chance in an environment where all the information given to people is correct and easily verifiable, and then hope they can arrive at logical conclusions.

This current situation is LotF with media feeding people's emotions and taken advantage of their anger to blind them from seeing reason.

It's all a load of ****.
  • CammykazeCammykaze Member Posts: 1,397
    Essexphil said:

In one sense I agree with you, and in another, I don't.

Firstly, I feel it is unfair to judge men of many generations ago by 21st Century standards. Much fairer to judge them in the context in which they lived.

Having said that, it is wrong to put such people (or pub names) on public display (as opposed to a museum), in a way that is bound to cause offence to many. That is not "lunatics"-that is evidence of progress by a civilised world.

Completely understand and totally agree with the first paragraph. I have read the articles and read about 5/6 comments on each piece.

It's not "like for like" so we maybe should not be judging people by today's very changed views. There are very few with completely clean slates and even clean slates will be subjective.

What is hard to accept is the constant offence taken that is put to us by our media for the most part. The words controversial and offence are now used far too often and are losing meaning.

It's the blanket ban thing again, it may cause offence so we need to take it away. Hmmmm.... talking about the statue for the most part here.

For a drinking hole to be renamed? I guess that's the idea, is the term black boy really so offensive? There are names for "people of colour" which I think is the PC term these days which are worse and agree that they should not be used in a public setting.

I'm with J Peterson here, free speech trumps over people's right to be offended, the opposite appears to be the norm now. We cannot continue with this self censorship and it could lead us to being afraid of saying very much in public.

Smells of more social engineering moves and a step in the wrong direction.

Cammy
    edited June 2020
    VespaPX said:
    One of my Uncle's believe Cecil Rhodes was a Rothchild guy so did their bidding. That's the extent of my knowledge on the man. He is more controversial than the Scout chap from Poole I would suggest.

Siemens apparently built gas chambers and built our trains here so maybe we should not buy any products or services from them.

Cammy
    edited June 2020
    VespaPX said:

Do we abolish the monarchy given it's colonial past?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Royal_African_Company

The monarchy model is very antiquated for me however there is big British history there and know a Nordic couple who think the British Royals are ok.

The words were "all we have here are fat, greedy politicians." Which are worse?

Cammy
    rabdeniro said:

This is getting crazy, where do you stop, there is going to be battles in the streets shortly, the BNP are just waiting for an excuse, I understand a lot of the statues belong in a different time and there should be a debate what to do, but the one I don't get is Churchill, without the likes of him there would have been millions more killed.

Churchill gets a big pass in British history. He's not whiter than white though of course.
    SR23 said:

Tikay10 said:

SR23 said:

goldon said:

The other side of the Coin.......

What's the other side of what coin?
    @SR23

Such a sickening photo. The copper is struggling on the ground & he's taking selfies.
    Still not sure what the other side of the coin is wrt to the op/rest of the threador how that pic is relavant but perhaps that's because @VespaPX 's links are (often) the nut low and I didn't bother to click on.
    Was struggling with the point made on the OP myself. Not the best time to be after a selfie you would think.
    edited June 2020
    EvilPingu said:

VespaPX said:
    No idea why anyone would ever own a pub in the 21st century and think that's a suitable name, irrespective of its origins.

The 'name reflects the history of the pub' argument is a particularly daft argument for keeping the name IMO. If the name comes from King Charles II... Just call it that instead? You're not losing any of the history by doing that, and there's plenty of pubs named after English monarchy already.
    Too many :tongue:

Could re-name it the Red Lion, would be the original pub name option. :grimace:
  • Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 159,766
    Cammykaze said:

VespaPX said:

Do we abolish the monarchy given it's colonial past?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Royal_African_Company

The monarchy model is very antiquated for me however there is big British history there and know a Nordic couple who think the British Royals are ok.

The words were "all we have here are fat, greedy politicians." Which are worse?

Cammy
    Most Nordic countries - for sure Sweden, Norway, Denmark, Greenland, Faroes, & until relatively recently Iceland - have a Monarchy.