You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

Confusion.

Comments

• Options
    HAYSIEHAYSIE Member Posts: 32,226
  • Options
  • Options
  • Options
  • Options

To further underline the seriousness of the situation, the FT Weekend points out that there are currently 3,090 Covid patients in English hospitals - just seven fewer than on the day in March when the UK-wide lockdown came into force. Under the headline "world-beating plan unravels", the paper carries quotes from Sean Donnelly, the deputy leader of Knowsley Council, who says a "total lockdown" is needed because "track and trace has failed" and they can't "pinpoint" how Covid is spreading.

The Sun's leader describes the likely closures as a "bitter pill" for many because the evidence to support the move "looks increasingly dodgy". It adds that the public will lose faith in health officials who "base policies on flimsy facts".

The New Statesman describes the chancellor's new scheme as "the worst of all worlds", suggesting it is "perverse" not to also provide support for businesses in areas that aren't forced to close, but whose ability to trade has been hampered by bans on inter-household mixing.

• Options
    RinkhalsRinkhals Member Posts: 212
    @HAYSIE Just out of interest how do you think the pandemic and looming financial crisis should be handled or are you just happy to throw insults and tomatoes from behind your front door?
  • Options
    chillingchilling Member Posts: 3,774
    “ Now that looks far more attractive “.

“ Ready when you are HAYSIE! “

• Options
    Rinkhals said:

@HAYSIE Just out of interest how do you think the pandemic and looming financial crisis should be handled or are you just happy to throw insults and tomatoes from behind your front door?

The following may have escaped your notice.

Every living Tory Pm has openly criticised this Government.

Boris is facing a back bench rebellion.

The percentage of those thinking he has handled the pandemic well has halved since March.

Just about all the press, including the Tory supporting press is highly critical of them.

Boris cant get his own staff, or even his own family to follow the rules.

The world beating track and trace is an absolute joke.

Boris is determined to break the law.

I could go on and on.
  • Options
    HAYSIE said:

Rinkhals said:

The percentage of those thinking he has handled the pandemic well has halved since March.

Just about all the press, including the Tory supporting press is highly critical of them.

I could go on and on.
    You do go on and on Zzzzzz.

Outside the cabinet, the poor souls are feeling left out. Too many cooks.
    Each individual is responsible for their own actions regarding the rules.
    World beating track and trace system? Nice idea, but there never will be one, as all countries won’t be aware of all the cases in their countries. Sorry, no magic bullet, never will be.
    I thought you liked pitch? In fact,it puts it back to the EU that we have a hand, regarding breaking the law. Sue if they like, who gives a f..k.
    The EU talk about state aid and standards etc, when they deal with countries with appalling human rights, and state aid beyond belief, especially in China.
    China keeps Germany and France afloat.
    Because we’re just across the channel I hear? A mere dinghy jaunt away.
    Fishing might only be a small amount of trade between us, but it’s far more than figures.
    Macron has an election next year, he has enough trouble on his own patch.
    Fishing towns around the EU will be up in arms, that’s all Macron wants. Disrupting ports,the tunnel, etc. All that will surely help the EU countries out of recession. Not.
    I bet Ireland are shaking in their boots.
    Walk away from any deal, suites me sir.
    While most of the world is in recession, take the pain now. That applies to the U.K. and the EU.
    Things could grind to a halt in the EU and the U.K. if the financial sector can’t be sorted.
    Think also of the green future. Meat is more expensive to produce than fish. Meat is more environmentally unfriendly than fish.Fish is also more healthy than meat. Btw, I like fish. Build up the fleets and eat most of it here. Most of ours goes to China and back anyway.
    No **** fish, no jabs,no feed, no moving about from field to field.
    Btw, China have one of the smallest areas per capita for their agriculture. Just the 1.6 billion or so mouths to feed. Their boats fish illegally all over the place, after they’ve totally over fished their own waters. They also have some of the most polluted water in the world, after their 20years of manufactured, subsidised GDP. Time to wind your necks in China.
    This China stuff will become relevant in the future, to the U.K. and EU.
    I’d expect a concession of sorts on fishing at some stage.
    But in the mean time, the U.K. does have a good hand 💪.

Enough for now, I’m off to my local Chinese for the rest of the evening.

• Options
    Wrong thread. Brexit would have been the desired choice.
  • Options
    chilling said:

HAYSIE said:

Rinkhals said:

I could go on and on.

World beating track and trace system? Nice idea, but there never will be one, as all countries won’t be aware of all the cases in their countries. Sorry, no magic bullet, never will be.
    I thought you liked pitch? In fact,it puts it back to the EU that we have a hand, regarding breaking the law. Sue if they like, who gives a f..k.
    The EU talk about state aid and standards etc, when they deal with countries with appalling human rights, and state aid beyond belief, especially in China.
    Fishing might only be a small amount of trade between us, but it’s far more than figures.
    Fishing towns around the EU will be up in arms, that’s all Macron wants. Disrupting ports,the tunnel, etc. All that will surely help the EU countries out of recession. Not.
    While most of the world is in recession, take the pain now. That applies to the U.K. and the EU.
    Things could grind to a halt in the EU and the U.K. if the financial sector can’t be sorted.
    Think also of the green future. Meat is more expensive to produce than fish. Meat is more environmentally unfriendly than fish.Fish is also more healthy than meat. Btw, I like fish. Build up the fleets and eat most of it here. Most of ours goes to China and back anyway.
    Btw, China have one of the smallest areas per capita for their agriculture. Just the 1.6 billion or so mouths to feed. Their boats fish illegally all over the place, after they’ve totally over fished their own waters. They also have some of the most polluted water in the world, after their 20years of manufactured, subsidised GDP. Time to wind your necks in China.

Start a Chinese thread.
  • Options
    chilling said:

You just cant seem to get the hang of it, or answer any questions.
  • Options
    edited October 2020
    I might start a China thread👍 Food security around the world, and drinkable water.

In the mean time, I shall say this only once.

The cabinet have excluded most from talks, including members from their own party.
    There won’t be a strategy for getting rid of the virus, so what’s the point of others input.
    As I pointed out somewhere else,it should be councils sorting out their own patch.
    That looks likely to happen. That won’t rid anywhere of the virus though.
    I’d be mighty interested on how you think the virus will be eradicated.
    What don’t I get?
    What I do get, is you believe all the “ noise” and what you read in the papers, and hang on to every word a minister says, that implies you are very naive.
    World beating test and trace system.
    Nice idea,throw some money at it, but in reality will not achieve a great deal, but every little helps.
    Are the ministers involved in the technology, doubt that.
    For example,one case in one country can cause an outbreak.
    So, can you tell me how many cases there are in any country at this moment in time?
    Including asymptomatic, in South Korea, Japan, Germany, anywhere? Of course not.
    So there will always be folks with the virus.
    Oven ready deal,don’t be so gullible.
    “Oven ready” meant the deal that was good for the U.K. That was never going to happen. Nice pitch, you love your pitch. That must have gone over your head. Never mind.
    Who knows though,it could be close to the original, as the EU finally realise the UK aren’t going to be bullied.
    You seem to think the breaking of the law is a big deal.
    Well maybe, but if needs must, it carries weight in the negotiations.
    If we walk away, then that’s something else to sort out.
    If we walk away, then the EU will be in the mire too. I’m easy.
    These folks in the spotlight breaking restrictions, just fine them,end of,no matter who they are.
    Nobody needs to resign. Unless the media think those folks are” special”.
    In the media, especially on the news, they like to compare the U.K. with other countries who are doing ok, with this or that.
    When you have an impending shutdown, and have folks looking to go out and have a last bash, whatever the consequences,then that’s the difference between us and them.
    We have more idiots here, can’t find a chart on that atm.
    I keep saying Boris is too Liberal,so he definitely wanted to keep things open, especially pubs.
    The idea being to get folks out for a drink or two, and keep spirits up and get somewhere close to
    what might be deemed a near normality, there’s nothing wrong with that.And also to possibly save their local boozer, but some are too selfish.
    This might save some pubs and jobs,but there’s never going to be the same atmosphere.
    You were going out to help the economy and save jobs,not going out entirely for your own wellbeing. Folks have never grasped that.

Freshers at UNI seem to think they are missing out on the “ experience “.
    So,nobody other than them are making sacrifices ??
    Value for money is a separate issue.

Surely you’re not as gullible as you appear.
    I think that’s mainly due to your willingness to be lead. Don’t forget, they’re getting paid.

Love Chill XX.

• Options
    Lots of cases and red numbers everywhere now.
    As misterpj says, “ we’re not alone”.

• Options
    @HAYSIE , you either want things opened up or closed. Don’t sit on the fence.
  • Options
    HAYSIE said:

chilling said:

HAYSIE said:

Rinkhals said:

I could go on and on.

Start a Chinese thread.
    The reason I said that is because your post is mostly about China.

You said yourself that it doesnt belong on this thread.
  • Options
    chilling said:

Lots of cases and red numbers everywhere now.
    As misterpj says, “ we’re not alone”.

What is confusing about this?
  • Options
    chilling said:

I dont recall commenting on opening things up, or closing them.

I rarely sit on any fences.
  • Options
    chilling said:

It would be helpful if you could just post your comments on the appropriate thread.

Although, you may find this difficult, as many of your posts dont seem to be applicable to any of the available threads.
  • Options
    chilling said:

Still unable to answer any questions?