You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Confusion.

Comments

• HAYSIEHAYSIE Member Posts: 31,515
    chilling said:

HAYSIE said:

chilling said:

Some folks are more worried than others regarding mask wearing.
    If they choose to wear them, let them.
    If the truth be known, then everybody would have a mask on all day, unless at home alone, or outside with no close contact with anybody.

Eating with a mask on is a non starter. Unless of course, the meal gets blended in a glass and sucked through a straw via a tiny whole in ones mask, after the bung is carefully removed.

Haysie, why don’t you try to come up with some conclusions yourself?

This government is quite liberal imo, they are reluctant to force anybody to do anything.
    But that doesn’t mean there might come a time they force the issue. Think hospital capacity.

Confused, you're not alone! Fewer than HALF of us now know what the lockdown rules actually are, compared with 90% in March

University College London researchers found that only 45 per cent of people in England understand the lockdown rules, compared with 90 per cent understanding the rules in March.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/home/index.html
    The vulnerable will always be vulnerable.
    If folks struggled with’ stay alert’ , just two words, then a list of advice or rule changes will be lost on them, as things open up and close down again.
    Maybe reduce the message to one word.
    Matt Hancock ties himself in knots and says 'ehhhh, I will absolutely get back to you' as he's asked if people in Manchester can leave the area to visit friends - before he's ridiculed with memes

The Health Secretary was speaking to BBC Radio Manchester and appeared so flustered by the question host Becky Want told him: 'You sound confused'.

chilling said:

HAYSIE said:

chilling said:

This is not optional.
    Not wearing masks in some settings is illegal.
    Although not required in some similar settings.
    The Government have threatened to impose fines, but haven't put forward a method of policing this.
    Masks protect the wearer, but also those around them, so it would be stupid to say they are optional.

If the truth be known, then everybody would have a mask on all day, unless at home alone, or outside with no close contact with anybody.

Not according to The Government.

Eating with a mask on is a non starter. Unless of course, the meal gets blended in a glass and sucked through a straw via a tiny whole in ones mask, after the bung is carefully removed.

This bit gets you an award for stating the blindingly obvious.

Some are fairly easy.
    Sandwich shops could be stopped from allowing people to eat in.
    Allow takeaways to be bought by mask wearing members of the public.
    That would be logical, and clear.

This government is quite liberal imo, they are reluctant to force anybody to do anything.
    But that doesn’t mean there might come a time they force the issue. Think hospital capacity.

You still don't see it.
    I think some of the rules will increase the number of infections, rather than decrease them, putting hospital capacities at risk.
    Unless you have an alternative explanation for the recent outbreaks in caravan sites, pubs, factories etc.

If you knew someone who lost a family member, through contracting the virus while eating in a sandwich shop.
    Who do you think they should blame?

You don’t seem to be able to get your mind around the fact that the virus is here to stay, for the foreseeable.
    More transmissions, more deaths resulting.( highly likely to be the 1% or 2% death rate )
    A long drawn out herd immunity, although not announced, seems to be the line being taken by most countries. There doesn’t seem to be any other choice.
    Countries are just playing their health sectors.
    Oxford University students will have to wear face masks in all lectures, seminars and even in the college BAR from September

Students at the University of Oxford will have to wear a covering in any shared indoor space, including the college bars, the students' union and any libraries, unless they have a medical exemption.

chilling said:

HAYSIE said:

chilling said:

Confused, you're not alone! Fewer than HALF of us now know what the lockdown rules actually are, compared with 90% in March

University College London researchers found that only 45 per cent of people in England understand the lockdown rules, compared with 90 per cent understanding the rules in March.

If folks struggled with’ stay alert’ , just two words, then a list of advice or rule changes will be lost on them, as things open up and close down again.
    SAGE expert warns pubs could have to shut in trade-off to let schools reopen next month - as it's revealed police have warned the ARMY might have to be called in to quell social unrest over local lock-downs

Professor Graham Medley's comments come after Britain was last night braced for new restrictions on meeting friends and family as the price for getting children back in classes. Boris Johnson said he was 'squeezing the brake pedal' on easing lockdown measures after infections doubled in a month (pictured bottom-right). Professor Medley (pictured top-right), a member of Sage, said today England could have to consider closing pubs (pictured left, drinkers gathering in Soho, London last night) in order to reopen schools next month. When asked about the chief medical officer Professor Chris Whitty's prediction that the country was 'near the limits' of opening up society, the London School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine academic told BBC Radio 4's Today programme: 'I think that's quite possible. I think we're in a situation whereby most people think that opening schools is a priority for the health and wellbeing of children and that when we do that we are going to reconnect lots of households. And so actually, closing some of the other networks, some of the other activities may well be required to enable us to open schools.'

chilling said:

HAYSIE said:

chilling said:

Two U-turns and lot of chaos: it's been a painful week for Boris Johnson

A week is a long time in a coronavirus pandemic – a fact the government has learned all too painfully. Avoiding a one-week delay to lockdown in March would potentially have halved the death toll, it has previously emerged.
    Which goes some way to explain why there have been not one but two screeching U-turns this week – on travel to Spain and lockdown measures for 4.6 million people in northern England – both announced late into the evening and imposed within hours. The ensuing chaos and anger have been palpable, and all point to one thing: that the government is very, very worried about a resurgence of the virus on UK soil.

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/uknews/two-u-turns-and-lot-of-chaos-it-s-been-a-painful-week-for-boris-johnson/ar-BB17rqQT?ocid=spartan-ntp-feeds
  • madprofmadprof Member Posts: 3,296
    HAYSIE said:

Cammykaze said:

The science thing is a bit vague Haysie, the Government have made it so.

They can't be tied up in giving advise that might not be correct. It's vagueness until bulletproof stuff is in I would assume.

That's my 2p pence added to the science part and what I think is happening with the advise.

My point was that the Government claimed from the word go that they were merely following the science, and therefore couldn't be blamed for the measures they put in place.

They famously showed footage of 3 Ministers exiting a Pret a Manger, two were wearing masks, and Michael Gove wasn't. This wasn't particularly earth shattering, but it did illustrate the confusion.

The science clearly shows that wearing masks will limit the spreading of the virus.

Making the wearing of masks compulsory in situations where social distancing is difficult therefore makes sense.

The risk of spreading the virus in a sandwich shop is not reduced by eating in rather than taking away.

So how can this advice be based on science?

Logically the risk will increase by spending time with others eating food without the protection of a mask.

I would agree that the economy will be screwed unless businesses get up and running.

I would also agree that it is difficult to eat food wearing a mask.

That is not what the Government is saying..

They maintain they are following the science.

What is the difference between sitting next to someone on a plane with no social distancing, or sitting next to the same person in the cinema?

Coronavirus is spread when droplets are sprayed into the air when infected people talk, cough or sneeze. Those droplets can then fall on surfaces.
    The WHO says there is also emerging evidence of airborne transmission of the virus, with tiny particles hanging in aerosol form in the air.

This will not change whether you are eating or not, or whether you are sat on a plane or in a cinema.
    It’s not like you to miss the point Tony?🤪

The govt followed the scientific advice when it suited!

They cherry picked the advice to suit the situation and their agenda

From the outset, before the pandemic hit hard, the WHO gave THE WORLD 3 pieces of advice:
    TEST TEST, TEST! ( I don’t mean Roger Daltrey...)

Wearing masks was good enough for most other countries to reduce the spread...

The imbecile formerly known as DomCum hatched a herd immunity plan which was based on 75% of the UK population getting it with the majority surviving it....( there were Preliminary plans for a mass grave of 50,000+ bodies in Victoria Park , Hackney for deaths in north London alone so the plan was to expect 100,000’s...)

In Spain, 1k euro fine if not wearing a mask in most public places...here? Most of the general public are sticking 2 fingers up to wearing a mask...

I had the misfortune last week to be on several trains- 3/10 wearing a mask on the train, mostly younger ones not wearing one as we generally not a compliant society, we only individually think of no 1( generalising of course..) and don’t think of the greater good where masks are concerned

When Trump wouldn’t wear a mask, his little toadie ars kisser Bojo followed suit......and that picture of Dominic Raab at a food bank...makes me want to vomit 🤮 seeing what this govt has done to society In general, never mind sending 25,000+ Old people back to die in nursing homes
    ( I wish I could find the DomCum quotes)

Aaah feel better now...

chilling said:

Research suggests that young kids don’t transmit the virus.
    I’ve got some info on that, but it involves scrolling.
    Adults seem to be the better at transmitting the virus. Not exactly an accolade.

You know everything?

Now teachers sound alarm over plans to reopen schools

Meanwhile, Paul Hunter, professor in medicine at the University of East Anglia, said it had become clear that there is a link between closing schools and controlling the spread of the virus. “The evidence is clear that schools are important in the spread of Covid-19,” he said. “Our studies show that, across Europe, closing schools was the single factor most strongly associated with drops in infection rates.”

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/coronavirus/now-teachers-sound-alarm-over-plans-to-reopen-schools/ar-BB17sgTn?ocid=msedgntp

Reading this article in full would probably demonstrate how little you do know, but I know you wont read it.

madprof said:

HAYSIE said:

Cammykaze said:

They can't be tied up in giving advise that might not be correct. It's vagueness until bulletproof stuff is in I would assume.

That's my 2p pence added to the science part and what I think is happening with the advise.

My point was that the Government claimed from the word go that they were merely following the science, and therefore couldn't be blamed for the measures they put in place.

They famously showed footage of 3 Ministers exiting a Pret a Manger, two were wearing masks, and Michael Gove wasn't. This wasn't particularly earth shattering, but it did illustrate the confusion.

The science clearly shows that wearing masks will limit the spreading of the virus.

Making the wearing of masks compulsory in situations where social distancing is difficult therefore makes sense.

The risk of spreading the virus in a sandwich shop is not reduced by eating in rather than taking away.

Logically the risk will increase by spending time with others eating food without the protection of a mask.

I would agree that the economy will be screwed unless businesses get up and running.

What is the difference between sitting next to someone on a plane with no social distancing, or sitting next to the same person in the cinema?

Coronavirus is spread when droplets are sprayed into the air when infected people talk, cough or sneeze. Those droplets can then fall on surfaces.
    The WHO says there is also emerging evidence of airborne transmission of the virus, with tiny particles hanging in aerosol form in the air.

This will not change whether you are eating or not, or whether you are sat on a plane or in a cinema.

From the outset, before the pandemic hit hard, the WHO gave THE WORLD 3 pieces of advice:

The imbecile formerly known as DomCum hatched a herd immunity plan which was based on 75% of the UK population getting it with the majority surviving it....( there were Preliminary plans for a mass grave of 50,000+ bodies in Victoria Park , Hackney for deaths in north London alone so the plan was to expect 100,000’s...)

In Spain, 1k euro fine if not wearing a mask in most public places...here? Most of the general public are sticking 2 fingers up to wearing a mask...

I had the misfortune last week to be on several trains- 3/10 wearing a mask on the train, mostly younger ones not wearing one as we generally not a compliant society, we only individually think of no 1( generalising of course..) and don’t think of the greater good where masks are concerned

When Trump wouldn’t wear a mask, his little toadie ars kisser Bojo followed suit......and that picture of Dominic Raab at a food bank...makes me want to vomit 🤮 seeing what this govt has done to society In general, never mind sending 25,000+ Old people back to die in nursing homes

Aaah feel better now...

chilling said:

HAYSIE said:

chilling said:

chilling said:

By posting front page articles, it implies you believe all you read,and their agenda suits you, otherwise what would be the point in posting/ sharing.
    Most folks know how newspapers/ media work, I was hoping you did.
    Unless you are posting to push your own agenda, which would be pointless on here.
    I’m guessing you think the government is responsible for each and every death.
    Advice and rules will change, steps forward and steps back.
    I’m not sure what you’re after. Is it no transmissions or deaths? If so, I’m sorry I’ve got bad news.
    More testing will obviously reveal more cases, which means there’s plenty of folks out their with the virus. Testing bores the pants off of me, as unless you test everybody on the same day, and after everybody has stayed home for at least ten days, then there will always be spread.
    Catching clusters just looks good, it doesn’t really amount to much. Obviously regular testing of care staff should be a priority.
    Going by stats, it just means a hospital(s) in that location might have an influx of Covid patients, and that number may be a trickle that need treatment, although hospitals obviously don’t need the hassle of probably the most contagious patients they’ve had to care for a while.
    With a death rate of 1% or 2%, and the average UK death rate back to near normal, theres hardly a need for panic. A greater proportion of folks will be more worried about the economy and their jobs.
    You really need to get your head around the hospital situation, because thats the No1 concern, not outbreaks and small clusters,although the media will amplify practically anything they fancy.

I’m guessing you would like a more authoritarian approach from this government, that wouldn’t work in a democratic country. Some are more bothered about the economy than the virus.
    There would be a backlash. Certain parts of the economy will always be open, so there’s always going to be a risk of spread, mask on, or off.lots of the recorded deaths will be related to having Covid, not directly through having Covid. If you’re ill, and weak as a kitten through this or that, then the outcome ain’t gonna be good, chalk one up for Covid though.

.Cases probably will rise, they are globally, but I don’t think the NHS are under a massive strain at this time, as below proves. The way the media report things, you would think this country is in some kind of panic mode. The media also know the virus is here to say, so there will always be plenty of ammunition for them. For me though, wake me up when something changes Zzzzzzz.
    If you want to believe all you read in the papers, then obviously that’s your right, kick on with what you’re up to, but I’ll leave you in peace.

madprof said:

HAYSIE said:

Cammykaze said:

Aaah feel better now...

chilling said:

HAYSIE said:

chilling said:

Wetherspoon pub closed after staff member tests positive for coronavirus

However Wetherspoon said it had not yet been asked for contact details for customers who visited the pub on those two days.

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/uknews/wetherspoon-pub-closed-after-staff-member-tests-positive-for-coronavirus/ar-BB17saxk?ocid=msedgntp
    chilling said:

HAYSIE said:

chilling said:

chilling said:

HAYSIE said:

chilling said:

chilling said:

HAYSIE said:

chilling said:

chilling said:

HAYSIE said:

chilling said:

chilling said:

HAYSIE said:

chilling said:

Explain this one then.
    Mr "I dont have to read anything because I have followed it closely from the start"
    If you live up north, there are people you are not allowed to meet in your home or garden, but there is nothing stopping you meeting them in a pub?
  • chillingchilling Member Posts: 3,774
    Haysie, this is going to be my last interaction with you for a long while, the following will explain why.
    You can’t seem to grasp the fact that the virus will be circulating for the foreseeable.
    So it’s scientific advice + Input from others, that needs to be applied to try and get the economy going. Governments will come out and say they are trying to keep everybody safe ( unless you’re in Brazil ) because less spread means over all less potential deaths. But like all over countries that have high rates, its CONTROLLING the virus that is the issue. Think hospitals and the economy.If there is a big second wave here, that is going to be catastrophic for this country, expect the hammer to come down. Reporting from other countries implies the same, even Germany.That will possibly be the time for the army to take to the streets , as there are so many that have no respect for our police forces.
    Advice given out at anytime will fall on some death ears, think beaches, pubs, demonstrations,raves , Vespas post on a carefree attitude up north in some places.

A quick word on the Charlie Hebdo comment.
    It would be quite obvious to most folk that I know it’s a newspaper and not an individual, as that’s an old story and obviously by me bringing that up, I’m very familiar with it.
    By having a typo, “ his” instead of “ its”, makes it hardly worth mentioning.
    Unless of course, you’re looking to score a point.

Just a quick mention on something Madprof said about Boris being an a rse licker to Trump.
    The USA are probably our biggest ally, a fairly large trading partner, although we run a deficit like most others ,but both Boris and Trump are big characters, have their own ideas, so where does the a rse licking come into it? Because we have a “special” relationship with them, or is it because of 5G? Europe are taking a more thorough look at China over their 5G. Sorry, can’t see any a rse licking going on so far.

WHO call a pandemic on March11th, announce that it’s advisable to wear masks on June6th.
    A very fast, decisive action taken there, NOT.
    Test, Test, Test. A message to the whole world,every country, knowing full well that not every country, in fact most,hadn’t the capabilities to carry that out. To serve the purpose,everybody would need testing,ill or not, constantly.

As I stated in a post on March 19th, the PPE wasn’t available,and just because you are the NHS, whom normally have some clout/buying power, in times of desperate need by numerous countries,that will count for diddly. In fact quite the reverse, supply and demand kicks in, and who gets on with who. Then throw in logistics and distribution when after you manage to acquire some. It’s ok now obviously, as thousands of companies are making it, but at the time it was needed, it wasn’t there. You can’t produce it out of thin air, and as all countries found out to their cost, the lack meant massive transmissions in their hospitals. A major sufferer were Mexico, probably the hardest hit, and still ongoing, as well as Brazil.
    This lack of PPE , which was to the most part made in the East,and was nowhere to be had, was the main reason for so many deaths in care homes. It’s a harsh thing to do, but if the the choice was between the NHS or care homes with what was available, then heads NHS, tails NHS.There are a lot of sick folks in hospital most of the time, the NHS is obviously the priority.Some say that private care should have stocked up on PPE Incase of a pandemic, but some private care homes, some charging £1500 a week,are in trouble through their debt.Some of the elderly who were put into the care homes from hospitals, may have had a Covid or not.Some elderly might have not had it leaving hospital, but caught it in the home. Anybody could have caused a spread in a home, anybody that went inside.Managers, staff,deliveries of any sort,maintenance or cleaners etc, that could be a long list. The average amount of folk who pass on in care per annum is about 100,000. So one day they’ll be an enquiring,but any significant findings will likely be scarce,as it’s near impossible to find out who transmitted it to who, especially has so many staff were off, about 20%. I am aware of some elderly who had Covid being moved to hospitals, with advice hopefully, from the hospital and for care home managers.It was always going to be a tough task for care homes,but at that time, needs must. Some would have come from the homes into the hospitals anyway.It all sounds harsh, but what’s worse is having all your hospitals with outbreaks. That would be far, far worse. The NHS staff would be in short supply, as they were to a degree, that’s why reinforcements were called for.
    In that same post, it was thought the kids were spreading the virus in Italy, that’s why I made the reference. Now, after time, they have a different opinion on that issue.
    Schools opening up here or not, is referring to the amount of folks in circulation,( getting back to something near normality) not the fact that there could be spread via schools. It’s taking into account all areas of the economy, and the amount of movement in it.
    There are a lack of paragraphs because I have to go back and top up a few bits, and can’t be a rsed to sort that out.

House rules.
    In the rules it says “please note that each user is solely responsible for the accuracy and authenticity of the content they post”.
    Now, you’re likely say I’m a hypocrite, but I try to look at things realistically, or without any agenda.
    As I’ve stated, hands up to posting a few things that aren’t really suitable,especially in the humour thread.
    The rules state “accuracy of your content,” which,as a large majority of your posts involve newspapers articles , and cartoons, on different threads, I regard that as not accurate content,and bullying. It’s purely propaganda,that gets bumped every day, which I regard as repetitive, spam.
    I’m not sure how you get away with it, the papers are rarely accurate and always have an agenda.
    Maybe because you are part of the furniture, but I thought the idea was to have more folk come onto the rail. Your propaganda won’t help that cause, I’m sure.
    The bullying part will be explained later in shots , as will my other comments on this post.
    It’s about sharing content that ridicules, which is regarded as bullying online, especially as it repeatedly involves the same people. Hiding behind the “ freedom of the press” I presume.
    I could pick apart most of your paper articles,because most are inaccurate and merely clickbait, but, what’s the point.
    Your last question is very easy to answer.
    Those areas have a big spike in cases, and they hold big populations of Muslims,Asians etc, which does affect strategy. For their own benefit,and for others,especially around their time of celebration,there is the potential of mass gatherings in their homes and gardens. Certain groups they think are more susceptible,so it makes sense. Whereas in a pub, there is “ supposed” to be some sort of supervision and order.
    Unfortunately, yourself and your political agenda will fail to see that.
    As you’ve insulted me and others numerous times, I’ll stoop to your level.
    Are you familiar with the phrase “ There’s no fool like an old fool?”

Have a nice day.

• chillingchilling Member Posts: 3,774

And you also need to bear in mind that the NHS could have been overrun , which fortunately never happened. With hindsight, it’s quite easy to point the finger.
    Other healthcare sectors around the world haven’t been able to cope.
    But with your polarised agenda, you’re just not interested, which is odd,as transmissions in other countries will still affect the UK.

HAYSIE said:

chilling said:

HAYSIE said:

chilling said:

HAYSIE said:

chilling said:

HAYSIE said:

chilling said:

Explain this one then.
    Mr "I dont have to read anything because I have followed it closely from the start"
    If you live up north, there are people you are not allowed to meet in your home or garden, but there is nothing stopping you meeting them in a pub?