You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

wanted. ARTESIAN Poker Coach, for a Poker Prodigy

Comments

• hhyftrftdrhhyftrftdr Member Posts: 8,036
    Ah you were big blind, so the person in the small blind position had just joined the table and wasn't dealt in the hand?
    Makes more sense now.

Flopping top 2 in a limped pot, sometimes you have to be cautious as you have no idea on ranges and whatnot but top 2 will often be more than enough to go to war with.
    In your 75 hand you have like 10bb so absolutely should be getting your chips in.

Sometimes you just get outflopped, thems the breaks.
  • misterpjmisterpj Member Posts: 3,204
    'player Cam' on misterpj

MTT, only mtt, going two hours deep, two half hours deep, to the bubble

What's that saying? Synonymous with Poker
    Know when to hold em Know when to fold em

So,at the end, all the Phenoms, get the chance, to state, is it a Snap Fold or A Snap Shove?
    On the bubble.

18.46 ( flop up & down straight flush draws, Inc Royal, guess turn & river)
    19.23 (flop top 2 pair lol)
    19.36 (flop 2 pair lol) bubble hand
    19.37 snap fold snap shove? very next, bubble hand

• MattBatesMattBates Member Posts: 4,118
    Its very hard to know what happened in these hands where you only show a hh at a point in time but you seem to have an inability to get money in the middle.

You flopped a massive draw (Q10hh hand) yet by the river only 16bb are in the pot. With the jacks hands not sure how you haven't got these hands in pre. If you play draws aggressively you can win a bigger pot when you hit and you can even win the pot by getting your opponent to fold a better hand. You seem to be winning in lots of situations which is probably why in lots of your hands that you post you are really low stacked. In the jacks hands I would of thought at that stack depth you would of been all in pre flop.
    Matthew, whether for pennies (me) or millions (you)
    On the bubble, my mantra, is Ubba extra aggressive, based on, plenty tighten right up, correct (ish)
    Shrewdies, open up, theoretically good Poker?

Hypothetically,for you, hope it becomes an actual, really really genuinely do

You, are on the bubble, World Series, are you firing shipping snapping All In, that JJ insta, or, genuine I always think JJ John Juanda!

I also, frequently think of players like, Dewey Tomko, Dan Harrington, Chris Bigler and David Grey. Four players, I really like, for their Poker.

Maybe? I am locked, in the way back past, find myself asking, Pokers Organic, Poker constantly evolves, ie Isuldar Durr et al, 3.et 4 bet et al, yet, one of the very old school, still holding his own, maintains go with Cyclical? its a Marathon not a Sprint.
    Cryptic yes, but everyone plays different! your Mantra.

only because this might resonate! (yes riddles speak) 6 years ago, letting the Rooster and his plenty 'girls' out of the Henhouse, never ever turn your back on Mr Rooster!, fill up water dispensers, refill feed, then, about 40 turned loose, in 9 acres, next check eggs, then, deal with two bulls and their girls, demanding their beef mix and straw!. Over to Mrs rare breed piggy, fill water tubs, couple buckets of pig nuts, and check her after pj did AI! for the first and only time.

That hand, one player had and A, and? tuther player, a certain two pocket cards, both clubs!
    So hard to actually understand you when you talk in riddles.
    Let’s go one hand at a time. Q10hh hand. Can you show the hand history and how you managed to be in a 16bb pit by the river?
    Yes, will do, tad busy, hospital for delayed new scans, twice delayed leg op, not meant to be the riddler, nowt beats your own fresh free range eggs, dealing with a plague O Rat, concrete base, two pet loose raters,perma. hated it, when 'they got one of my birds!'

All past tense, enjoy, be safe
    dear Matthew
    expecting the 'anticipated' shallacking!
    more than welcome, to give me, another public masterclass
    which is always always fine, Sourcerer and the Apprentice

but, never forget, Numero Uno, yes you are, publicly anointed, by yours truly, more than once

Out of the entire player pool, yourself in the top 99.9%
    agin
    Out of the entire player pool, myself in the bottom 00.1%

the very best, poker educating, the very worst
    only a few, of the very very best
    but, hundreds, thousands of the very worst, so it's an education, for the Majority

a multi table tournament
    an hour and a half deep
    blinds 150 300
    my stack 15,000 make that 50 bigs
    and, in the big blind with 300 auto in the pot
    one caller, two callers, small blind calls 1200 pot pre

my turn to act, pocket cards, Q 10 suited

at this point, I am not being sarcastic or flippent, should I wish to be flippent or sarcastic, well established I can switch to that mode, in a nano second, but, for clarity, this occasion I am not.

So, this is 'me' and thought process, in the time bank situation, looking at pocket suited one gappers, in the big blind, 1200 pot pre. Irelevent, but revelent, pocket suited one gappers, a hand that I welcome being dealt, looking down at, every single time.

Then, it becomes a question of, how is one going to play them.
    °repeat, reiterate° zero sarcasm zero flippancy

For me, and I would anticipate, the entire Forum would chorus and agree, not a chance, misterpj uses, any legit or grey area software, solvers, huds, and I know you know each and everyone, of a vast array, that can even be bespoke custom built, Artisan, but cost a fortune.

Would follow, wouldn't it, one of the perceived, most useless awful no limit hold em players, who limps, when every single other player, is insta shoving, simply cannot be using anything.
    And, that would be correct.

Yes, I am well aware, you could be telling me, I have to multi table? optimise
    But, I simply prefer, for this one very good reason, playing mtts, one at a time, because, Poker, never ever bores me, never, it enthralls me.

As, and so with every single, how to play my (your) our hand decision
    factor 1, tournament situation
    factor 2 who are my 5 opponents, what do I know, about any or all of them?
    factor 3, pre flop, pocket suited Q 10 one gapper Hearts,in the big blind, is an Anna Kournikova hand, don't half look good, but don't win, to often

check it, pot it, raise for value, you know, the Forum knows, I checked it

Flop came

Monster draw, yes, but a, drawing hand, not a made hand, 1st player to act, made a bet, won't say what,first thoughts at the time,? A 9 hearts, KK K, JJ J, 77 7.
    monster draw, but a draw, the Apprentice, hands the floor, to the Sourcerer

and, please, let me Lance, the 'limp boil'
    had not played a single hand of Poker, since late yesterday evening, until nearly 3pm today

my least favorite hand, based on experience KK

ps, I do enjoy, a bit of irony
    Posted 19.43
    said to self, will play one more tourney

1 hand dealt, 3 way all in, and over and out 😉

Pockets

Flop

Result

• dragon1964dragon1964 Member Posts: 3,051
    In the 10, 7, hand above.
    Instead of focusing on the two outer.
    With the blinds at 20, 40, how did you manage to get so many chips (460?) into the pot pre with your 10, 7 off suit?
    Monster draw, yes, but a, drawing hand, not a made hand, 1st player to act, made a bet, won't say what,first thoughts at the time,? A 9 hearts, KK K, JJ J, 77 7.
    monster draw, but a draw, the Apprentice, hands the floor, to the Sourcerer

He made a bet but you wont say what. Quite hard to help when you "wont say what"
    not sure, I personally (yet) can fully immerse 'the non limp strat'
    the propensity to run, top two, right into sets and trips, is, well? troublesome

• Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 158,810

The more you limp, the more you will run in to sets & trips. The two things are highly correlated.
    near 2 hours deep😏
    all action pre, didn't limp!, folded em 🤔 as well,

did get the lot in, moment later, A 10 clubs, rest assured, if I ever win a flip, in a monster hand, will let all my forum chums, know

and, a seperate,but pertenent point
    misterpj, has nothing but seering respect, for every medical professional, having had operations, in these hospitals, over the last few years
    unfortunately closed, summer last year

this place, superb hospital, was in their yesterday, been in their before, will be again in the very near future The Hoarder Centre Crowborough

and Darenth Valley, Queen Mary's Sidcup & Pembury
    so, I have plenty contact, with Dr's, Nusres, Top Orthopedic Surgeon, and I listen and respect, all of there real time off the record professional opinions, so, I know, the mainstream official narrative, has a **** of a lot, to answer for, right now.

just totted up, number of ops, on legs, over last few years
    both knees, twice, with at least one to come
    lower left leg / ankle once, with maybe one to come
    lower right leg / ankle 3 times, with probably one to come

didn't know this fella, from Adam, until he came to see me, in recovery, to succinctly inform, that was a 9.9 outta 10 set of injuries
    as, he became known to me as 'Mark' as, he operated on me, a further four times, maybe more
    If you ever need, an Orthapeadic Surgeon, get to this fella, World Class and humble

bottom, of my right leg, June 2017,a year after it was hanging in the wrong direction, nasty business, bionic pj

• dragon1964dragon1964 Member Posts: 3,051
    "just totted up, number of ops, on legs, over last few years
    lower right leg / ankle 3 times, with probably one to come"

This might explain why you are a serial limper.
  • gpc70gpc70 Member Posts: 1,997

very good
    hey Gp,
    Hope you and family, as best as can be, in these times
    BoJo, PMQ's just like Grouty, in Porridge, never missed the Archers
    Pj, never misses BoJo on PMQs

the Gosden handicap debutant, is considered a rattling good thing, today
    Cheltenham, Sat, backed Kauto Rico Brian Hughes at 14s,and Saint Calvados ew at 6s,shortening

6max tourney poker, pj says 18% the magic figure

• hhyftrftdrhhyftrftdr Member Posts: 8,036
    misterpj said:

I'd advise keeping shite like this confined to Vespa's far right crackpot conspiracy thread.

It's already hard enough to take you seriously, please don't make it impossible.
    Will do Dr

but, this definitely concerns me.

won't, take it off Topic

but, I like to keep myself, as informed as possible.

Hence, why I might have, a lot of time, to listen to Dr Mike Yeadon