You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

wanted. ARTESIAN Poker Coach, for a Poker Prodigy

Comments

• Options
    hhyftrftdrhhyftrftdr Member Posts: 8,036
    Covid cases in Gibraltar have risen sharply since December, but particularly from the turn of the year, so of course more cases will ultimately mean more deaths unfortunately.

People will die after having the vaccine, this is unavoidable. But it's also nothing to do with the vaccine.
    It'd be like me getting my jab and then being hit by a bus on the way home; I would've just had the vaccine but it won't have contributed to my death.

And that is applicable across the board. Particularly as it's older people getting done first and they by their very nature are more likely to suddenly (or not so suddenly) pass away than younger people.

Stick to bad beats and badly played hands, leave the tin foil shite for the tin foil shite thread in the rail.
  • Options
    misterpjmisterpj Member Posts: 3,204
    to get back, to Poker
    especially for the good Dr
    same hand the Dr (incorrectly) called, and bet, pj limped

Well Doc
    don't tell me, flopped top two, in the big blind, must be a snap fold?
    As, can only be, two players, with either, flopped Set 999 flopped Set 222 or, drawing to the up and down, and, never, (in the small blind) AA, KK, or, 2 7 2 9, and or, AA KK on the button etc
    wouldn't so much as dare! suggest the bizarre notion, of flopped top two, in the big blind, improving!

hour later, same mtt, way to disciplined, to call an all in shove, with 'just pocket 77' you can guess the rest.

and a fairly standard exit, but, never give up!

• Options
    Why are you limping in with 77?
  • Options
    'if Carl's Ice Burg' did no limit hold em

2 hours deep, 38 runners left, snap call a shove, win the hand, go top 10
    (best? naturally)
    turn river runner runner to serve up A ROYAL, inspiring stuff 😉

• Options
    goldongoldon Member Posts: 8,489
    Crowning Glory .....

Everything comes to he who waits.......... patience is a virtue.

Arise Sir Bad Beat King.

cough!!
  • Options
    takes an awful awful lot, to get yours truly, disinterested in no limit hold em (here)
    the usual suspect, can attempt, witty repartee
    found myself without, confidence or belief, hence, over the first 5 full days, of this week, had accumulated a grand total, of 2 Skypoker points, courtesy of a solitary half hearted £2.20 bounty hunter dabble, tells a story in itself.

Tonight, half heartedly bought into, a 70 runner + £5.50 bounty hunter
    Three, tournament defining hands
    1. pocket AK, raise pre, get a shove in front pre, snap call it, hand for multiple bounties, and to go top 8, AK off v A6 off, guess the rest
    2. pocket 77 with a 10k stack, 12k stack all in pre, 24k snap calls, calling for my tournament life,with 77,not and never, ever. The big stacks A high, gets the lot.
    3. by playing tight, make FT, first playable hand, after the transition 7 players to 6 and the 'forgotten' reload table error message, look down at QQ in the small blind, 8k stack shoves, snap call so 15k+ pot, snap called by the 26k stack
    QQ, best pre, best flop, improves turn, 26k has 4% hand equity, 1 card to come, QQ 80% + hand equity, gets to the point, where the can't play jive, limps always tune, don't really 'add up'

• Options
    Played ONE, and only one, more £5.50 bounty hunter

bubble hand, exit hand, two equal short stacks
    In the big blind, this has to go all in, snap called by biggy

• Options
    MattBatesMattBates Member Posts: 4,118
    edited February 2021
    Sorry to hear you are disinterested atm. Some genuine advice, if you are getting bothered about pots where you start the hand with less than 10bb then you are getting bothered about the wrong thing. You need to look at why you are consistently getting that low. If you are not enjoying playing you could look at some study work.

P.S 77 hand looks like you limped again. Its a simple shove from your stack size.
  • Options
    Matthew

I am genuinely interested, genuinely, that tourney, 73 runners, my 77 hand, 10 left, if I snap called, that's for my tournament life, not ashamed to say, to me, that would have been a 'gambling call' I wrongly thought, AK and minimum an over pair.

I don't tell fibs, pure honest, didn't, have not played a hand of poker, 05.00 am, until now, 1 pm, (Sharky will confirm) bought into a bounty hunter, at the start of a, fantastic sporting afternoon

Here is the hand, I really really do not always limp.
    Cannot, get a big hand, tourney relevant to hold

• Options
    But why are you limping in 77?

You had less than 10bb, you're on a 4handed table, you've got a reasonable pair....it's about as standard as it gets to open shove it.

What are you hoping to achieve by limping in? Of all the ways to play that hand, limping in with it is absolutely the worst.

If you're reluctant to play it and possibly end up flipping then just open fold instead, though that also would be pretty poor.

To get deep and win any comp, you're gonna have to win some flips along the way.

It seems you're mindset is all wrong, and until you can learn to not limp in then you're not gonna get anywhere.

I'm ignoring the Q6 hand cos it has no relevance to anything. Posting hands like that is a red herring, your issues are hands like the 77 ones.
  • Options
    snap called a shove to my raise, my AK v A6
    sorry, have to agree to disagree, it seems, my view my 77 was bad, is lost on you?
    Yes, on this occasion to my astonishment, was good, and held
    The big stack pocket AQ suited, snapping me whatever way I play it.
    You seem, oblivious to this, the amount of huge hands, key spots, that I get suckled out in, might.... might.. influence my play Evidence, above and below AK QQ

Evidence? you ignored, QQ Rivered by 4% hand equity, sorry, got to fight my corner.
    And you don't want to mention, the flopped Q flush... should I have folded!
  • Options
    not out to argue, really not.
    got off, the 77 hand, with 10 bigs left, made the Ft, got it all in, huge fav.

I was genuinely asking Matthew, think I now know, with 12 bigs, 77,auto shove, AQ suited calls me, all day long, yes, hindsight easy, but not out to argue

Best wishes
  • Options
    misterpj said:

snap called a shove to my raise, my AK v A6
    sorry, have to agree to disagree, it seems, my view my 77 was bad, is lost on you?
    Yes, on this occasion to my astonishment, was good, and held
    The big stack pocket AQ suited, snapping me whatever way I play it.
    You seem, oblivious to this, the amount of huge hands, key spots, that I get suckled out in, might.... might.. influence my play Evidence, above and below AK QQ

Evidence? you ignored, QQ Rivered by 4% hand equity, sorry, got to fight my corner.
    And you don't want to mention, the flopped Q flush... should I have folded!

What on earth are you rambling on about?

If you're allowing previous runouts to influence the way you play certain hands, then that is a massive leak.

77 is a very clear and very obvious shove. You could have lost the last 100 hands with 77 but it would still be a clear and obvious shove in this spot.

I ignore most of your hands because they are bad beat, or perceived bad beat, nonsense. You flopped a Q high flush and got outdrawn, big wow. It's poker. Of course you're not folding nor should you.

But hands like that are completely irrelevant. What are you trying to prove by posting them? That you run really badly?

You make fundamental errors in many hands and until you grasp this, and drop the outdraw hands that are just garbage, then you'll get nowhere.

You have the biggest winner on the site trying to help you; I'd suggest you absorb what he says and not counter it with your bad beat bo11ocks.
  • Options
    GlenelgGlenelg Member Posts: 6,550
    Personally, im more concerned WHY anyone is still interested TBH in this narcissist thread....
  • Options
    goldongoldon Member Posts: 8,489
    WHY ! Well, saving one poor soul get's you a place in heaven......
  • Options
    Not going to argue
    Simply sharing one players, Poker reality.

Second mtt of the day (the daylight day!) played 1 this afternoon, played 1 this evening

100 runners, 3 hours deep, 9 players left, equal stacks, in the small and big blinds.
    small blind shoves big blind calls it.. Nope, cant'buy'winning a 4 6 off A8 flip!

• Options
    Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 160,174
    edited February 2021
    I'm sure you don't bother reading the good advice better players give you.

Here's what @MattBates wrote earlier today....

"Some genuine advice, if you are getting bothered about pots where you start the hand with less than 10bb then you are getting bothered about the wrong thing. You need to look at why you are consistently getting that low."

It's not losing with A-8 that cost you - it's starting the hand with 5 Bigs.

Having a short stack & losing to junk are totally correlated.

Same with that 7-7 car crash. 7-7 with 10 bigs is almost always a jam. Very very rarely (ICM specific) it's a fold. It's NEVER a limp. This whole limping thing has been mentioned to you, literally, scores of times.
  • Options
    last week, was the first time, in 3 years, where I simply had zero inclination-enthusiasm, to play poker, not ashamed or fazed, in anyway, to share this, simply to prove, I dont multi table, never have, except for once, two tabled! when micro masters, was a thing

Can, if, when choosing to do so, play for 16,18,hours straight, single tabling mtts 'happily'
    If? pj's a serial limper, maybe, the limp limp limp, the way forward?
    Limping my way into contention, but can't get a late stage defining hand, through, or to hold
    Deja Vue, in the £5.50 BH, FT twice in 24 hours

Best Wishes All, as always, well 99.9%

Briefly thought, a chance, see, thing is, I want to be winning mtts!

Stats, in running were 'playing up' during this mtt, (not a moan, or winge, an observation)

got me a socially distanced new caracature, kind of like, especially the bonnet

please please let Musselburgh race?
    very very rare, to get on, and spot a right plotted one, smashed up in the betting;
    11s,10s,8s,9-2,into almost even money, the ex Irish horse, Fire Away, been off 5 months, changed yards to Laura Morgan, first run, class 4 Novice handicap over 2m 4f,got 'hidden' winning Irish form, at the distance in heavy.
    please please let Musselburgh race? Scottish Supreme Novices, friends got an interest in Third Time Lucki, they rate this horse so highly, its going straight to the Supreme Novices if all go as expected tomorrow, wish pj luck, he isn't that bad!
  • Options
    Live test match cricket, at 04.20 am, from the beautiful setting of Chennai, glorious weather, uplifting, that beach, adjacent to the ground, the 'longest beach' in the World
    England, look like posting 600, ti's the start of day 3. Cancel 600! New ball, wicket.
  • Options
    as you may have noticed, one has tried very hard, to button it, right up.
    Not much has changed though, the river one, two outs, keep hitting against me.
    Which is even more galling, when you make a big call, and the decision is correct.
    I, personally, have not got a clue, what it's like, the other way round, my favour.