You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

Lobby won't open

Comments

• Options
    Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 161,024

PS - Forgot to add, yes, I did suggest leaving it until today, as I know for sure that they were inundated with calls last night & there were very long wait-times. It just made sense to me to advise that.
  • Options
    PAPABURGPAPABURG Member Posts: 31
    Tikay10 said:

PAPABURG said:

sorry @Tikay10 can you see my posts above and point me on who can help me please, £10 doesn't cover the tournaments I was crippled in. Main event for one thing and that;'s £33 alone

@PAPABURG

I'm not sure there is anyone else I can refer you to.

Refunds are not automatic, they are a Goodwill Gesture, & whilst I'm not intimate with the T & C's, I'm fairly sure they will say they don't accept responsibility for issues such as this. That will be the same on ALL Online Poker & Gaming sites.

This was an external issue beyond the control of SB&G, incidentally.

The 8pm Main Event was barely affected as far as I'm aware. The original problem was around 7pm, & was resolved before 8pm, though in some cases it took slightly longer before tables were running normally for everyone. There was then another spike at 9pm, but that only lasted a few minutes & services quickly recovered.
    @Tikay10 Perhaps I was affected more than most. I had the initial issues at just after 7pm; and then again but I was not back on the site for most of 8pm-9pm - I missed a lot of the main, and decent proportion of the sheriff at 9pm (thankfully i picked up some bounties to cover that one).

I was on this forum at that time with others seeming to be in the same boat?

Alas, Im now emailing complaints@ - £10 is farcical to how I was decimated.
  • Options

@PAPABURG

OK, understood, & I genuinely hope you get some satisfaction from them.

PS - enjoy your weekend.
  • Options
    PAPABURGPAPABURG Member Posts: 31
    Tikay10 said:

@PAPABURG

OK, understood, & I genuinely hope you get some satisfaction from them.

PS - enjoy your weekend.

Thanks Tikay, lets hope I get some sort of resolution. Will do, cricket tomorrow (rain dependant!). Have a good one yourself.

All being well I'm online Sunday.
  • Options
    wynne1938wynne1938 Member Posts: 20,527
    Tikay10 said:

wynne1938 said:

I would like a refund of £9.10. Out of 4 games I registered for,only got back into one,

@wynne1938

Hi mate,

Speak to CC, explain the situation, & they will deal with it fairly.
    Now that the dust has settled ,how do I get in touch with customer care about my loss, which was reported on this thread at the time the problems occurred.
  • Options

@wynne1938

Hi mate,

At the bottom of this (& every) page on the left hand side there's a green "Help & Support" Link. Click that, then go to "Contact Us".
  • Options
    Tikay10 said:

@wynne1938

Hi mate,

At the bottom of this (& every) page on the left hand side there's a green "Help & Support" Link. Click that, then go to "Contact Us".

Sorted ,thanks
  • Options

@wynne1938

Did they deal with you reasonably?
  • Options
    doglove33doglove33 Member Posts: 22
    The problems with software are clearly becoming 1. worse and 2. more frequent.

@Tikay10 can we have some assurances as to the long term prospects to Skypoker please?

- Is there new software being talked about? (If not, why not?)
    - Why are the issues getting worse and not better?
    - Why has nothing been done to fix them, it shouldnt take 8 weeks to do so, other poker sites update every week.
    - Will Skypoker be here come end of 2021?

Skypoker's games and community is great, but in the short time i've been here it only looks to be heading in one direction and that to cease to exist, and relatively soon too.
  • Options
    edited May 2021
    @doglove33

I can't answer all of those as I genuinely don't know.

I would say that it's not a case of "nothing has been done to fix them". Strenuous & repeated efforts were & are being made to overcome these annoying glitches, & I'm sure they will continue until they are sorted.

As to whether Sky Poker will still be here at the end of 2021, I'll take the overs on that, & although I'm not party to their grand plans I'd be very confident that Sky Poker will remain here well into the foreseeable. I've been wrong before, of course, but I'd bet good money on it.

Sky Poker are aware, of course, that players have a choice, & if they find the glitches & quirks too onerous, they will go elsewhere. The fact is, there are plenty of positives playing here, as you say. And plenty of negatives. Players pay their money & take their choice, & Sky Poker know & respect that.

I recognize it's an irritation, & I'm sure Management are suitably embarrassed, but we are where we are. Let's hope they get it sorted sooner rather than later.
  • Options
    Tikay10 said:

@wynne1938

Did they deal with you reasonably?

No complaints, efficiently sorted out.
  • Options
    whatsup everyone and hello @Tikay10

Its now been 12 weeks and counting since the start of this thread and still the lobby does not bold out when registering games and still have to click on cash games and then back to sit n go games to see if registrations are going correctly or not.

I can't see that anything has been fixed my side, its exactly the same - anyone else also?

Still rematches to heads up matches are slow to load and when they do load my blinds have already been nibbled at.

These are problems that were reported 2-3 months ago and are still not fixed.

Have we given up trying to sort them? are the 'techies' still trying Tikay, or have they tried and failed?

I think 12 weeks is a fair amount of time to give an update...surely?!
  • Options
    bencbenc Member Posts: 1,054
    Yeah still same issues guessing they are just unable to fix it, closing and re-opening the client every time it starts to lag/games dont open straight away is best option for sngs.
  • Options
    hanlan123hanlan123 Member Posts: 25
    Unfortunately the silence tells you all you need to know. Like some others I've been having major issues since January not just at the start of this thread and now we're not even getting acknowledged. The top players put up with it due to the profit they make but recreationals like myself have to decide if its worth it to continue. Personally I've moved on but keep coming back to check if there's any update/progress but if an issue hasn't been fixed In 6 months and now zero acknowledgement or accountability then that's just a complete insult to all of us. All the players want is an update. Clearly you can't fix so tell us what's next?? What's the plan moving forward? Are sky investing in new software? What's sky vision at this current time as 6 months of major issues tells me you're not interested in growing the site.

I guess to be fair if its just going to be the same old dribble of 'it's a difficult situation and it's causing a pain to rectify but be assured its on the top of our priority list' .... then I'm not surprised there's no acknowledgement.

• Options

I'm afraid I don't have any further updates at present, but I'll send the updated thread up to the Office on Monday. I'm quite sure that the Suits are fully aware that all players have a choice where they decide to play & will act as they see fit.
  • Options
    hanlan123hanlan123 Member Posts: 25
    Tikay10 said:

I'm afraid I don't have any further updates at present, but I'll send the updated thread up to the Office on Monday. I'm quite sure that the Suits are fully aware that all players have a choice where they decide to play & will act as they see fit.

I don't think it was your intention but you couldn't of put it any better! They absolutely do and they just don't care.
  • Options
    Tikay10 said:

Forgive me please for saying this Tikay10, but to me this reads as 'they simply don't care, else they would have fixed all the issues'.

If they cared about their poker customers, they would look to invest/grow/get new software. They aren't, and their actions (well inaction!) over what is now a very long period of time (certainly an acceptable amount to get something done) says it all really.

It is such a shame - the site has an AMAZING promotion on right now, but shutting down the software and opening it up again every 15 minutes is a pain in the backside and costs chips/money as blinds get stolen whilst I do this.

• Options
    edited June 2021
    doglove33 said:

Tikay10 said:

Forgive me please for saying this Tikay10, but to me this reads as 'they simply don't care, else they would have fixed all the issues'.

If they cared about their poker customers, they would look to invest/grow/get new software. They aren't, and their actions (well inaction!) over what is now a very long period of time (certainly an acceptable amount to get something done) says it all really.

It is such a shame - the site has an AMAZING promotion on right now, but shutting down the software and opening it up again every 15 minutes is a pain in the backside and costs chips/money as blinds get stolen whilst I do this.

guess I was right!

We are now seeing quite a drop in poker traffic to the site, of course its the euro's as well, but I would think many have logged off due to the problems stated in this thread.

Still no word Tikay? Did this 'go upstairs' on Monday? - What was their response?
  • Options
    EssexphilEssexphil Member Posts: 8,077
    doglove33 said:

doglove33 said:

Tikay10 said:

guess I was right!

We are now seeing quite a drop in poker traffic to the site, of course its the euro's as well, but I would think many have logged off due to the problems stated in this thread.

Still no word Tikay? Did this 'go upstairs' on Monday? - What was their response?
    Try reading the thread "Sky Poker Update"...
  • Options
    edited June 2021
    doglove33 said:

doglove33 said:

Tikay10 said:

guess I was right!

@doglove33

They responded on the Forum.

HERE