You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

Lobby won't open

Comments

• Options
    gixxerk4gixxerk4 Member Posts: 212
    Tikay10 said:

Hi Guys,

This "lobby lag" issue has not been forgotten by the Techies, but it's frustratingly difficult to pin it down. They can see it intermittently, but not always. There seems no pattern to it.

The Techies have asked if you can help with a few bits of info which might help narrow it down.

1) What Operating System do you use?

2) Is the problem on Download, Browser, or both?

3) Is it intermittent, or all the time?

4) Have you tried quickly clicking from cash to MTT/SNG & back again, or any of those combos? That seems to do the trick in Testing, but does it work for you?

5) Is the problem currently better, worse, or the same as a few weeks ago? You will recall that there was a fix & it was OK for a brief period, then it seemed to return for some of you.

Also, any other information you have might help. They really are keen to get this sorted, exactly as many of you are.

Your patience is really appreciated, & I'm sure they will get it sorted eventually with your help.

Thanks.

Hi Tony
    I use latest windows and play on the download as I have done for many years and never had any issues until recently.
    I did have an issue recently with a slight delay and also sometimes an issue with having to click several times before the action happens ie autofold. This issue seems to have resolved itself.
    Lobby does not update and often doesnt show as registered clicking onto eg MTT and back usually fixes this but it is annoying and I have logged off thinking I was not regged for any DYMs when I was.
    Biggest issue I have is this recent freezing issue which does not affect me when playing DYM s but in MTTs when I move onto a new table particularly when my previous table is completely closing. Going from 2 tables to the final table (rare event I know lol) when I move table is a problem. There is no obvious evidence that the table has frozen so I dont always notice straight away if I have a lot of games running at the time.
    The huge issue with this is I cant just close and reload the table I have to completely shut down the site and log in again which is a nightmare.
    I have not uninstalled flash player too.
  • Options
    kapowblamzkapowblamz Member Posts: 1,528
    The lobby updates table populations fine if I click a different tab and then back to cash. Surely this should tell you a lot about the problem? i.e. the lobby is not pushing updates without being forced to. Whatever is stopping that happening is what you need to prioritise.

I'm on Windows 10 using the download client. Over the past few weeks the lobby has worked intermittently but never for long. The strange part is that the client obviously has the ability to work as it should but then gives up the ghost not long after.

Table highlighting is all over the place. Tables I left an hour ago are still highlighted in the lobby and vice versa. Clicking another tab and then back to cash does not fix the highlight problem, only the table populations.
  • Options
    doglove33doglove33 Member Posts: 22
    Tikay10 said:

Hi Guys,

This "lobby lag" issue has not been forgotten by the Techies, but it's frustratingly difficult to pin it down. They can see it intermittently, but not always. There seems no pattern to it.

The Techies have asked if you can help with a few bits of info which might help narrow it down.

1) What Operating System do you use?

2) Is the problem on Download, Browser, or both?

3) Is it intermittent, or all the time?

4) Have you tried quickly clicking from cash to MTT/SNG & back again, or any of those combos? That seems to do the trick in Testing, but does it work for you?

5) Is the problem currently better, worse, or the same as a few weeks ago? You will recall that there was a fix & it was OK for a brief period, then it seemed to return for some of you.

Also, any other information you have might help. They really are keen to get this sorted, exactly as many of you are.

Your patience is really appreciated, & I'm sure they will get it sorted eventually with your help.

Thanks.

Windows 10 on a PC
    Problem is on the download
    All the time (after around 10 tables have been registered to)
    Yes I have tried clicking on/off/away and back again - this doesnt fix anything
    Problem is absolutely the same as when first reported my side around a fortnight ago

thanks
  • Options
    Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 160,772

Thanks for the feedback guys, it's all been passed across to the Tech Team.

Further updates as & when I get them.
  • Options
    Tikay10 said:

Would it be possible to get a time frame on it from them please, and maybe even better suggest a new client altogether?
  • Options
    doglove33 said:

Tikay10 said:

Would it be possible to get a time frame on it from them please, and maybe even better suggest a new client altogether?
    @doglove33

It's impossible to set a timeframe to remedy these issues, & I think it would be irresponsible to do so. They will keep working at it until they find the solution though.

I've no idea what the long-term plans are going forward, but for sure, they'd be exactly that - long-term.

I'm afraid there is no magic button to solve these sort of problems.
  • Options
    FeelGroggyFeelGroggy Member Posts: 824
    Same freezing issues. Only seems to happen in DYM's. Will be very unfortunate if anybody's streaks get ruined for something out of their control. It could be very expensive for somebody.
  • Options
    MattBatesMattBates Member Posts: 4,118

Same freezing issues. Only seems to happen in DYM's. Will be very unfortunate if anybody's streaks get ruined for something out of their control. It could be very expensive for somebody.

Had freezes on spin tables too tonight so its not just DYMs.
  • Options
    DuesenbergDuesenberg Member Posts: 1,740
    I also had a table freeze on a regular cash game table tonight (windows 10 using download client) to complete the collection.
  • Options
    Pipster81Pipster81 Member Posts: 15
    It's a joke on here contact chat and they refuse to listen or try and help been over 2 weeks with issues now
  • Options
    Hello is there any update on this I havent played for a few days as was so fed up with the lobby. DYM streak week looks great but imagine being on a good run and then have to close the client down as it freezes or something and you miss your AA in big blind :-(
  • Options
    doglove33 said:

Hello is there any update on this I havent played for a few days as was so fed up with the lobby. DYM streak week looks great but imagine being on a good run and then have to close the client down as it freezes or something and you miss your AA in big blind :-(

No update yet @doglove33 but I know they are still working on it.

Be assured as soon as there is some news from the Tech Team, it will be on this thread.
  • Options
    johnmontyjohnmonty Member Posts: 92
    its just gone from bad to worse games have been letting you register not launching with 6 players but disappearing from lobby, went in to my tables and seen all 6 players have starting stacks but it let me unregister from the games
  • Options
    Some positive feedback - the lobby is working much better today.
  • Options
    DuesenbergDuesenberg Member Posts: 1,740
    Still getting random table freezes sadly. Was 2 tabling cash and both tables froze at the same time but I could still open other tables and observe play fine. I restarted client and all was rosy again (had only been booted from one of the tables in the time it took to restart).
  • Options
    I have only ever had a couple of freezes and they've been particularly strange. I split tunnel a vpn connection through firefox to access pinny betting lines and I tend to turn it on and off a fair bit. When I turn it on or off one of my tables becomes completely unresponsive and non interactable. It can't be closed or reopened unless I restart the client. It only ever happens to one table tho. The rest of my tables carry on regardless.
  • Options

Thanks guys.

That's all been passed up to the boffins.
  • Options
    EmperorSexEmperorSex Member Posts: 71
    I was gonna make another thread complaining about tables freezing. It happened to me today.
  • Options
    eon1961eon1961 Member Posts: 1,795
    Not fixed yet,tables still freezing & having to shut down & re-open client.
  • Options
    Cash lobby seems to updating spot on B)

The highlighting is still dodgy tho :#