You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

Right Said Fred

14567810»

Comments

• Options
    MISTY4MEMISTY4ME Member Posts: 6,176
    chilling said:

You have already put up a link showing the unvaxxed might need a few more days in hospital.
    Providing they have Covid ,obv. Not a chest infection, pneumonia, bronchitis etc.
    The famous test that doesn’t identify what it was supposed to, determined if you went onto a Covid ward. Hence the recovery rate.
    Rumour has it,that the unvaxxed will not be receiving the same treatment in hospital as the fully vaxxed. Apartheid.

Seeing as it has always been described as a highly transmissible virus, and I’ve been out nearly every day since the start of 2020, I must be the swerve master.

Afternoon Chill @chilling

You may be very lucky in that you're asymptomatic, and you won't get, or suffer from COVID.

Sadly I do have some underlying health issues with my lungs, though I've never smoked in my life. I usually get two or three chest infections a year (occasionally having to have steroids to help clear them)
    I have also had pneumonia once, which I didn't realise at the time ........I just thought it was a bad chest infection. I was working away in Bath at the time...... went to the doctors there, and got sent for an x-ray. Couple of days later the doctor rang and i got called in to see him. He told me they thought it was lung cancer as there was a shadow on my lungs, but they sent me to see a consultant at Bath Hospital, who said I'd had Pneumonia, and to have a couple of weeks rest to recover. A relief to say the least.

Now COVID is very, very different to anything I've ever had in my life. I caught it from my wife Daveena last October Half Term. She was working at a small local hotel, where they weren't observing very good COVID practices, (as she'd pointed out to them). Daveena and two of my daughters (who also caught it), all just felt a bit rough for two or three days. However I was really poorly.......couldn't even climb the stairs, and struggled to breathe through the night.

After two days of this, I rang the doctors, and was told I had to see the Paramedic immediately. I had to sit in the car in the car park whilst they did tests, and my Oxygen level was so low they rang an Ambulance, and I had to go straight to Hospital. I spent five days in the ICU, and eleven days total in Hospital. Fortunately there were only three of us in ICU, and I got absolutely fantastic help and care, but I'd hate to think what it would be like with a Hospital overrun with people with COVID, especially if there was not enough beds in ICU.

After recovering, and help from the Hospital physio, I was allowed home. I thought I was fine, but I got really out of breath just climbing the fourteen steps up to our decking, and front door, .....that's how bad it can be. Even now I often have to stop when walking home from the village. It's only 300 yards or so, but it's mainly uphill. I'm sure you've seen a fish out of water, gasping for air .....that's exactly what it feels like when you have COVID.

After coming home from Uni.. my daughter Misty caught COVID in June this year. She self-isolated in her room, but we were obviously concerned in case I caught it again. Whether it was immunity from having it before, or the fact we have had our two jabs we don't really care ...... we are just happy we were all OK.

So to finish, hopefully you can keep swerving the virus, 'coz COVID isn't something that we can all recover from.
  • Options
    Jac35Jac35 Member Posts: 6,481
    edited September 2021
    feels w we er ye tut q for p. is
    MISTY4ME said:

chilling said:

You have already put up a link showing the unvaxxed might need a few more days in hospital.
    Providing they have Covid ,obv. Not a chest infection, pneumonia, bronchitis etc.
    The famous test that doesn’t identify what it was supposed to, determined if you went onto a Covid ward. Hence the recovery rate.
    Rumour has it,that the unvaxxed will not be receiving the same treatment in hospital as the fully vaxxed. Apartheid.

Seeing as it has always been described as a highly transmissible virus, and I’ve been out nearly every day since the start of 2020, I must be the swerve master.

You may be very lucky in that you're asymptomatic, and you won't get, or suffer from COVID.

Sadly I do have some underlying health issues with my lungs, though I've never smoked in my life. I usually get two or three chest infections a year (occasionally having to have steroids to help clear them)
    I have also had pneumonia once, which I didn't realise at the time ........I just thought it was a bad chest infection. I was working away in Bath at the time...... went to the doctors there, and got sent for an x-ray. Couple of days later the doctor rang and i got called in to see him. He told me they thought it was lung cancer as there was a shadow on my lungs, but they sent me to see a consultant at Bath Hospital, who said I'd had Pneumonia, and to have a couple of weeks rest to recover. A relief to say the least.

Now COVID is very, very different to anything I've ever had in my life. I caught it from my wife Daveena last October Half Term. She was working at a small local hotel, where they weren't observing very good COVID practices, (as she'd pointed out to them). Daveena and two of my daughters (who also caught it), all just felt a bit rough for two or three days. However I was really poorly.......couldn't even climb the stairs, and struggled to breathe through the night.

After two days of this, I rang the doctors, and was told I had to see the Paramedic immediately. I had to sit in the car in the car park whilst they did tests, and my Oxygen level was so low they rang an Ambulance, and I had to go straight to Hospital. I spent five days in the ICU, and eleven days total in Hospital. Fortunately there were only three of us in ICU, and I got absolutely fantastic help and care, but I'd hate to think what it would be like with a Hospital overrun with people with COVID, especially if there was not enough beds in ICU.

After recovering, and help from the Hospital physio, I was allowed home. I thought I was fine, but I got really out of breath just climbing the fourteen steps up to our decking, and front door, .....that's how bad it can be. Even now I often have to stop when walking home from the village. It's only 300 yards or so, but it's mainly uphill. I'm sure you've seen a fish out of water, gasping for air .....that's exactly what it feels like when you have COVID.

After coming home from Uni.. my daughter Misty caught COVID in June this year. She self-isolated in her room, but we were obviously concerned in case I caught it again. Whether it was immunity from having it before, or the fact we have had our two jabs we don't really care ...... we are just happy we were all OK.

So to finish, hopefully you can keep swerving the virus, 'coz COVID isn't something that we can all recover from.
    Jez

I think it’s time to give with Chilling
    You’ve been nothing but polite and attempted to help him see what the vast majority of people see
    He will never, ever, listen though
    He sees what he wants to see in this world

I’m really pleased you recovered and also hope that if Chilling did get Coronavirus then he and his family would be ok too
  • Options
    chillingchilling Member Posts: 3,774
    All the published stats indicate who is vulnerable.
    It comes down to a persons immune system.
    So that being the case, there’s no need to jab the world.
    But, that was the clear intention from the WHO months before a vaccine.
    A recovery rate of 99.999999999% would not change their stance.

An interesting comment about oxygen levels.

Last year in a comments section,a German medical worker said that they were all ready pre pandemic. They took oxygen levels from a finger to determine who was sick.

Anybody can have as many jabs as they like.
    As long as they are well informed beforehand. I’ve no problem with that.
    Indemnity should have gone months ago,especially as you are told there are new treatments available,almost daily.

So,change the indemnity.
  • Options
    chillingchilling Member Posts: 3,774
    Jac35 said:

feels w we er ye tut q for p. is

MISTY4ME said:

chilling said:

Jez

I think it’s time to give with Chilling
    You’ve been nothing but polite and attempted to help him see what the vast majority of people see
    He will never, ever, listen though
    He sees what he wants to see in this world

I’m really pleased you recovered and also hope that if Chilling did get Coronavirus then he and his family would be ok too
    Ok, I’ll leave it for now.
    Let it pan out.
  • Options
    dragon1964dragon1964 Member Posts: 3,052
    @MISTY4ME .
    Your pneumonia experience is very similar to mine.
    I have mild asthma and get occasional chest infections. I regularly had bronchitis as a child.
    In 2010 my inhaler didn't seem to help my asthma. I went to the GP. On examination, My left lung wasn't functioning. I was told not to drive but to go to hospital immediately. An ambulance could be called if necessary. (It wasnt)
    I had the tests and X-Ray.
    A shadow on the lung.
    About six weeks of different tests and blood samples was a very worrying time.
    Eventually, another X-Ray showed the shadow had shrunk
    Pneumonia. And a large sigh of relief.

I too had covid this year.
    It was completely different.
    Pneumonia just affected my lungs, but covid was completely debilitating.
    I wasn't as bad as you but there was a time I thought I would be going to hospital.
    Fortunately, I started to see a slight improvement from that point.

It took 4 months before I could make a gradual return to work. Including two failed attempts where I just couldn't cope.

It was very difficult for a fit 56 year old but I'm now almost 100% better.

I consider myself to be one of the lucky ones.

Stay safe and good luck.
  • Options

@MISTY4ME .
    Your pneumonia experience is very similar to mine.
    I have mild asthma and get occasional chest infections. I regularly had bronchitis as a child.
    In 2010 my inhaler didn't seem to help my asthma. I went to the GP. On examination, My left lung wasn't functioning. I was told not to drive but to go to hospital immediately. An ambulance could be called if necessary. (It wasnt)
    I had the tests and X-Ray.
    A shadow on the lung.
    About six weeks of different tests and blood samples was a very worrying time.
    Eventually, another X-Ray showed the shadow had shrunk
    Pneumonia. And a large sigh of relief.

I too had covid this year.
    It was completely different.
    Pneumonia just affected my lungs, but covid was completely debilitating.
    I wasn't as bad as you but there was a time I thought I would be going to hospital.
    Fortunately, I started to see a slight improvement from that point.

It took 4 months before I could make a gradual return to work. Including two failed attempts where I just couldn't cope.

It was very difficult for a fit 56 year old but I'm now almost 100% better.

I consider myself to be one of the lucky ones.

Stay safe and good luck.

@dragon1964

Great to hear you're very nearly back to full fitness. :)

Cheers Paul too @Jac35
  • Options
    If you want an idea of how bad COIVD is, just watch 'HELP' that was on Channel 4 last night.

It's a fantastic drama anyway, with a tremendous cast including Stephen Graham and Jodie Comer, but it was quite upsetting, especially for my wife Daveena, as it brought it home again, exactly what I was like with COVID. :#

Look out for Kenny.......an amazingly real portrayal of what it's like when you get COVID

Stay safe and GOOD LUCK everyone :)