You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

Right Said Fred

Comments

• Options
    chillingchilling Member Posts: 3,774
    MISTY4ME said:

I trust Dr Chris Smith, who is a virologist Doctor used by the BBC.

He speaks on BBC Breakfast regularly. I'd much rather listen to a British expert in his field, than reports off the internet.

If you don't want to believe what he, and the majority of the Doctors in the World are advising, just pop on a COVID ward in a hospital, without a mask and do a bit of voluntary work comforting the people who are dying.

Some people in the World are lucky and may be immune from COVID/SARS or whatever this virus is, but I can assure you from personal experience, its not something you want to catch

Stay safe .........and you're more likely to be safe yourself, and from giving COVID to others by being vaccinated

..... remember it isn't just about you being ok,

Fau Chi is actually Fauci

You need to question more statements by experts.
    If you had kept certain statements made by experts,then you would know how they flip flop when it suits.
    I always make a note of what Chris Whitty and Fau Chi say.
    Is the BBC doc above those two?

Let’s take the famous PCR test.
    It’s no good, they’ve admitted that. All the experts. Strange how they are still using that though.
    Using that until new tests come onto the market I suspect.

That test was the original test. The test used for the R rate. The test used to determine lockdowns.
    The test used to determine whether somebody needed admitting to a ‘ COVID’ ward.
    Wards that were set up as protocol. So if the test was useless,why send anybody to a ‘Covid’ ward? How would anybody know if a patient had ‘ Covid’.

As for taking certain things off the net,most of it is statements by experts.
    The experts hhyf so admires. There’s no conspiracy involved whatsoever.
    The graphs and charts are mostly from PHE or similar scientific bodies. There’s no conspiracy.
    The only difference will be that you wont get to see certain info on MSM. They don’t want it shown.

Same bloke.

• Options
    MISTY4ME said:

He speaks on BBC Breakfast regularly. I'd much rather listen to a British expert in his field, than reports off the internet.

If you don't want to believe what he, and the majority of the Doctors in the World are advising, just pop on a COVID ward in a hospital, without a mask and do a bit of voluntary work comforting the people who are dying.

Some people in the World are lucky and may be immune from COVID/SARS or whatever this virus is, but I can assure you from personal experience, its not something you want to catch

Stay safe .........and you're more likely to be safe yourself, and from giving COVID to others by being vaccinated

VespaPX said:

"So you have zero qualifications or experience to attempt to talk with any kind of authority about vaccinations, medical science and virology. Ok.

No mark".

As usual, revert to name calling.
    How old are you, 10?

No mark is name calling now? You're being a bit of a snowflake.
    It's like calling someone irrelevant.

Which describes you perfectly; an irrelevant no mark on anything to do with vaccines, virology or medical science.
    I don’t need to be an expert to quote an expert, or take a shot of what an expert has said.
  • Options
    Jac35Jac35 Member Posts: 6,481
    edited September 2021
    chilling said:

MISTY4ME said:

If you had kept certain statements made by experts,then you would know how they flip flop when it suits.

It’s no good, they’ve admitted that. All the experts. Strange how they are still using that though.

That test was the original test. The test used for the R rate. The test used to determine lockdowns.
    The test used to determine whether somebody needed admitting to a ‘ COVID’ ward.
    Wards that were set up as protocol. So if the test was useless,why send anybody to a ‘Covid’ ward? How would anybody know if a patient had ‘ Covid’.

The graphs and charts are mostly from PHE or similar scientific bodies. There’s no conspiracy.
    The only difference will be that you wont get to see certain info on MSM. They don’t want it shown.

Same bloke.

You’re an absolute nutcase

We should question the experts you say
    But we shouldn’t question you because you’re right because and you’ve done your research?

Have you ever considered that people like Whitty are good men who are at the top of their profession and doing their very best?
    Not everything will be correct because things evolve

But they are doing all they can to minimise the loss of life as best they can

My view doesn’t make a sheep or a Nazi or whatever else you like to throw at people
    It just makes me normal
  • Options
    edited September 2021
    Jac35 said:

chilling said:

MISTY4ME said:

Same bloke.

But we shouldn’t question you because you’re right because and you’ve done your research?

Have you ever considered that people like Whitty are good men who are at the top of their profession and doing their very best?

My view doesn’t make a sheep or a Nazi or whatever else you like to throw at people
    It just makes me normal
    Do you know what research is?
    You don’t class digging out what experts have said as research?
    Do you not realise by questioning what I’ve dug out,that you’re questioning the experts.
    Ask me a question anytime, the reply will likely come via a well known expert.

Do you want me to compile a long list of bad advice and blatant lies etc from the experts?
  • Options
    Jac35 said:

chilling said:

MISTY4ME said:

Same bloke.

It just makes me normal
    Take as many jabs as you wish, it’s your choice.
    I think it’s best to get as much info beforehand though.
  • Options
    edited September 2021

Hey Dr Chilling, perhaps you can point her in the direction of all your rESeArCH you've done.

https://www.nme.com/news/music/nicki-minaj-covid-19-vaccine-research-met-gala-requirement-3045113?fbclid=IwAR2D1ANwIqIF1iBy9h0mncnBiMWpwl2bD7tY1U2HW0A0Zapr_daW08O1W2g</blockquote

Does the link serve a purpose?

If anybody is offered an experimental jab,that even the developers don’t know what the long term effects will be, I’m thinking that makes her wise.

• Options
    chilling said:
    If your willing to divulge the long term effects, I’m all ears.
  • Options
    hhyftrftdrhhyftrftdr Member Posts: 8,036
    You can't even quote properly on a forum.

No mark.
  • Options
    edited September 2021

No mark.

So, that means you haven’t got a clue.
    So the person that wants everybody to get jabbed,doesn’t know the long term effects of the jabs.
    Trust the science.
    The flip flopping science.
  • Options
    chilling said:

Jac35 said:

chilling said:

MISTY4ME said:

Same bloke.

It just makes me normal
    And how could you possibly know if i have done research or not?
  • Options
    edited September 2021
    Jac35 said:

chilling said:

Jac35 said:

chilling said:

MISTY4ME said:

Same bloke.

It just makes me normal
    And how could you possibly know if i have done research or not?

Did I state you hadn’t?
    If you have, then share what research you have done.
  • Options
    chilling said:

No mark.

So the person that wants everybody to get jabbed,doesn’t know the long term effects of the jabs.
    Trust the science.
    A no mark on a forum, unable to even quote other posters correctly, wants people to listen to him on topics as complex as virology and medical science.

Despite having zero knowledge, experience or qualifications on those subjects.

The arrogance is breathtaking.

Utter no mark.
  • Options

chilling said:

No mark.

Trust the science.
    A no mark on a forum, unable to even quote other posters correctly, wants people to listen to him on topics as complex as virology and medical science.

Utter no mark.

Good luck.
  • Options
    chilling said:

chilling said:

No mark.

Trust the science.

Utter no mark.

Good luck.
    You're old and unvaccinated.
    You need the good luck way more than me.
  • Options
    EssexphilEssexphil Member Posts: 8,108
    edited September 2021
    "Research" is rather more than looking things up on the internet.

As an example, Professor Whitty would have spent 5 years training full-time as a Doctor at Oxford between 1986-91. He has then had separate intensive training in (amongst other things) infectious diseases. He has spent 30 years as a qualified Doctor, almost all of which has specialised in infectious diseases. That is what a professional/expert is-someone who is a genuine authority in a field.

Every virus, and every mutation of a virus, has its own individual epidemiology. That includes the efficacy of vaccines. Risks are not simply "known" or "unknown"-there is a starting point of massive knowledge and experience, subsequently further honed as the millions of vaccinated people are observed, and mutations themselves evolve.

I do not pretend to understand the intricacies of this field. I lack the necessary knowledge and training. I place my faith in the experts. Not you. And not Nicky Minaj.

Science does not "flip flop". As @Jac35 rightly said, it evolves. It normally takes several years to create a vaccine. It had to be done quicker, due to the sheer scale of a very real problem.

If you wish to challenge the experts, become a genuine expert. Start by getting a medical degree (or failing that, in subjects such as immunology or biology plus some doctoral research).

More difficult than google. But then so is the subject.
  • Options
    edited September 2021
    Essexphil said:

"Research" is rather more than looking things up on the internet.

As an example, Professor Whitty would have spent 5 years training full-time as a Doctor at Oxford between 1986-91. He has then had separate intensive training in (amongst other things) infectious diseases. He has spent 30 years as a qualified Doctor, almost all of which has specialised in infectious diseases. That is what a professional/expert is-someone who is a genuine authority in a field.

Every virus, and every mutation of a virus, has its own individual epidemiology. That includes the efficacy of vaccines. Risks are not simply "known" or "unknown"-there is a starting point of massive knowledge and experience, subsequently further honed as the millions of vaccinated people are observed, and mutations themselves evolve.

I do not pretend to understand the intricacies of this field. I lack the necessary knowledge and training. I place my faith in the experts. Not you. And not Nicky Minaj.

Science does not "flip flop". As @Jac35 rightly said, it evolves. It normally takes several years to create a vaccine. It had to be done quicker, due to the sheer scale of a very real problem.

If you wish to challenge the experts, become a genuine expert. Start by getting a medical degree (or failing that, in subjects such as immunology or biology plus some doctoral research).

More difficult than google. But then so is the subject.

Do you really think I’m unaware of what it takes to become qualified?

Ask Mr Whitty about all the cases from the off. How those cases were diagnosed.
    Then ask him about all the total cases,and how many of those are now immune.
    And then ask him why they would require a jab.

If you are talking about mutations,then these jabs won’t be any good.
    There is no way they can be.

I’ve looked at the same sites designed for medical students.
    So I’m not quite sure why you think I’m just plucking info off the net, regardless.
  • Options
    MISTY4MEMISTY4ME Member Posts: 6,176
    So its just been on the BBC News, that the COVID vaccine has averted 24 million cases of COVID, and 112,000 deaths.

@chilling you would obviously rather have waited a few more years to test what the efficacy of the vaccine is, and its side effects. I'll bet the 112,000 people who aren't dead are happy they have had the vaccine, (I know I am), and the hospital's are definitely happier that they haven't been overrun with people with COVID.

Stay safe and Good Luck
  • Options
    edited September 2021
    He says the data shows an unvaccinated person in their 30s has the same risk as "someone in their seventies who is vaccinated".

Whitty just now

Would you dispute that Chilling?

I’m fairly sure Whitty has done his research too. Do you know better than him?
  • Options
    Jac35 said:

He says the data shows an unvaccinated person in their 30s has the same risk as "someone in their seventies who is vaccinated".

Whitty just now

Would you dispute that Chilling?

I’m fairly sure Whitty has done his research too. Do you know better than him?

No, I’m on the nags.
    Did he give a thorough explanation?
    If you don’t know, I’ll catch his speech later.

The average age of death from Covid in Australia is 85+.