You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

Right Said Fred

Comments

• Options
    chillingchilling Member Posts: 3,774
    Jac35 said:

He says the data shows an unvaccinated person in their 30s has the same risk as "someone in their seventies who is vaccinated".

Whitty just now

Would you dispute that Chilling?

I’m fairly sure Whitty has done his research too. Do you know better than him?

If he’s done his research, then he should be able to explain at great length as to what has changed.
  • Options
    Jac35 said:

He says the data shows an unvaccinated person in their 30s has the same risk as "someone in their seventies who is vaccinated".

Whitty just now

Would you dispute that Chilling?

I’m fairly sure Whitty has done his research too. Do you know better than him?

All those mixed brands of jabs,the kids getting jabs ( the last thing you want is for them to receive a live virus) and flu season is kicking off.
  • Options
    MISTY4ME said:

So its just been on the BBC News, that the COVID vaccine has averted 24 million cases of COVID, and 112,000 deaths.

@chilling you would obviously rather have waited a few more years to test what the efficacy of the vaccine is, and its side effects. I'll bet the 112,000 people who aren't dead are happy they have had the vaccine, (I know I am), and the hospital's are definitely happier that they haven't been overrun with people with COVID.

Stay safe and Good Luck

The only problem with that is, how could they possible know about the cases and deaths?
    They would have to know the total amount of cases, then from those cases, ones which led to deaths.
    So all the new treatments that have been reported,aren’t needed then?
    Along with all the other treatments last year that had great success. Pre vaccines.
  • Options
    edited September 2021
    MISTY4ME said:

So its just been on the BBC News, that the COVID vaccine has averted 24 million cases of COVID, and 112,000 deaths.

@chilling you would obviously rather have waited a few more years to test what the efficacy of the vaccine is, and its side effects. I'll bet the 112,000 people who aren't dead are happy they have had the vaccine, (I know I am), and the hospital's are definitely happier that they haven't been overrun with people with COVID.

Stay safe and Good Luck

Explain to me how they know how many cases of a highly transmissible virus there are.
    They would have to know of every single persons status, with or without.
    In the 24million,how do they know who had immunity?

Not only that, but they would also have had to assess each persons habits , and the chances of spreading a virus to a certain amount of people, and so on.
    They would need to know everybody’s movements.
    Now,there’s a thing.
  • Options
    MISTY4MEMISTY4ME Member Posts: 6,176
    chilling said:

MISTY4ME said:

Stay safe and Good Luck

Explain to me how they know how many cases of a highly transmissible virus there are.
    If there had been no vaccines, then basically everyone in the country would have caught COVID. Yes maybe it would have given those that survive, herd immunity, but the 112,00 that would have died, I'm sure are happy that they are still here...... and the fact that hospitals have not been overrun, means that more people (like myself) have survived

I wish I'd have been able to be vaccinated before I caught COVID, then maybe I would not have been suffering as much with Long-Covid as I am now.

It might be a wake-up call for people to get fitter than they are now, but I can assure you, COVID isn't something you want to have, especially if you have some underlying health issues.
  • Options
    MISTY4ME said:

chilling said:

MISTY4ME said:

Stay safe and Good Luck

If there had been no vaccines, then basically everyone in the country would have caught COVID. Yes maybe it would have given those that survive, herd immunity, but the 112,00 that would have died, I'm sure are happy that they are still here...... and the fact that hospitals have not been overrun, means that more people (like myself) have survived

I wish I'd have been able to be vaccinated before I caught COVID, then maybe I would not have been suffering as much with Long-Covid as I am now.

It might be a wake-up call for people to get fitter than they are now, but I can assure you, COVID isn't something you want to have, especially if you have some underlying health issues.
    ‘Those that survive?’
    You’re making it sound like a fraction.
    It’s the other way round.
  • Options
    MISTY4ME said:

chilling said:

MISTY4ME said:

Stay safe and Good Luck

That’s not explaining to me how they get their numbers.

Big Pharma won’t want a wake up call for folks to get healthier, that would destroy their buisnesses. Although, supplements are a bit pricey. Not checked who owns the brands.
  • Options
    hhyftrftdrhhyftrftdr Member Posts: 8,036
    ''Prof Chris Whitty has said those spreading myths about Covid-19 vaccines “should be ashamed” as he dismissed a tweet by rapper Nicki Minaj which claimed that her cousin’s friend was rendered impotent after the jab caused swelling in his testicles''

A chilling reminder that idiots spread lies and misinformation.

https://www.theguardian.com/society/2021/sep/14/covid-myth-spreaders-ashamed-chris-whitty-nicki-minaj?CMP=fb_gu&utm_medium=Social&utm_source=Facebook&fbclid=IwAR1lAO3STgHpCn90_oyyYqKOVWciomDozZXCHznP476Ij34u39uZp_Toogo#Echobox=1631641798
  • Options

''Prof Chris Whitty has said those spreading myths about Covid-19 vaccines “should be ashamed” as he dismissed a tweet by rapper Nicki Minaj which claimed that her cousin’s friend was rendered impotent after the jab caused swelling in his testicles''

A chilling reminder that idiots spread lies and misinformation.

https://www.theguardian.com/society/2021/sep/14/covid-myth-spreaders-ashamed-chris-whitty-nicki-minaj?CMP=fb_gu&utm_medium=Social&utm_source=Facebook&fbclid=IwAR1lAO3STgHpCn90_oyyYqKOVWciomDozZXCHznP476Ij34u39uZp_Toogo#Echobox=1631641798

You clown.

It was your link, I don’t even know who she is.

If you’re referring to fertility , it was a Japanese study that produced research on that.

Other than that, if she wants to consider having a jab, that’s her buisness.

A chilling reminder hhyf has lost the plot.
  • Options
    VespaPXVespaPX Member Posts: 12,036
    Nicki’s cousin walking down the streets of Trinidad after he got the vaccine:

• Options
    VespaPX said:

Nicki’s cousin walking down the streets of Trinidad after he got the vaccine:

Maybe she was promoting the vax for a larger undercarriage. Who knows.
  • Options
  • Options
    hhyftrftdrhhyftrftdr Member Posts: 8,036
    chilling said:

Aren't vaccines amazing things eh?
  • Options

chilling said:

No mention of the long term side effects of the jabs.

Were you worried about the unvaxxed filling up the hospital, putting back your lobotomy?

• Options

chilling said:

That wasn’t googled. Shame on me.
  • Options
    Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 161,220

You'd have though RSF would have learned to keep their mouths shut by now. Every time they Tweet they look even sillier.
  • Options
    EssexphilEssexphil Member Posts: 8,110
    Tikay10 said:

You'd have though RSF would have learned to keep their mouths shut by now. Every time they Tweet they look even sillier.

Chris Whitty should tweet advice on how to succeed in the music industry ;)

Perhaps he won't. On the basis he has absolutely no relevant qualifications or experience
  • Options
    Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 161,220
    Essexphil said:

Tikay10 said:

Chris Whitty should tweet advice on how to succeed in the music industry ;)

Perhaps he won't. On the basis he has absolutely no relevant qualifications or experience
    Excellent analogy.

Amazing how many people consider themselves well-informed or "expert" on these complex issues. google & Wiki are good.... but not that good.

Sheer delusion.
  • Options
    edited September 2021
    I’ve taken a proper look at that story and wonder why it’s even in the news.

Meanwhile , Bucks Fizz.

• Options
    MISTY4MEMISTY4ME Member Posts: 6,176
    Do you smoke Chill @chilling ?