You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

Partygate.

Comments

• Options
    HAYSIEHAYSIE Member Posts: 33,254
  • Options
    New Commons leader Mark Spencer slammed for saying people in the ‘real world’ don’t care about Partygate

Mark Dexter
    @RealMarkDexter
    He’s never met one.
    BBC Politics
    @BBCPolitics
    People in the "real world" don't care about parties held in Downing Street during lockdown, House of Commons Leader Mark Spencer says

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/uknews/new-commons-leader-mark-spencer-slammed-for-saying-people-in-the-real-world-don-t-care-about-partygate/ar-AATGEnU?ocid=msedgntp
  • Options
    stokefcstokefc Member Posts: 7,690
    HAYSIE said:

New Commons leader Mark Spencer slammed for saying people in the ‘real world’ don’t care about Partygate

Mark Dexter
    @RealMarkDexter
    He’s never met one.
    BBC Politics
    @BBCPolitics
    People in the "real world" don't care about parties held in Downing Street during lockdown, House of Commons Leader Mark Spencer says

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/uknews/new-commons-leader-mark-spencer-slammed-for-saying-people-in-the-real-world-don-t-care-about-partygate/ar-AATGEnU?ocid=msedgntp

I don't think he understands the mood of the population over these incidents, it shows right there the backwards mentality of some politicians
  • Options
  • Options
    EssexphilEssexphil Member Posts: 8,352
    If it was just a fixed penalty fine on its own, I think he could survive.

But it will mean that he has lied to Parliament. And broken the Ministerial Code. Got to go.
  • Options
    tomgooduntomgoodun Member Posts: 3,743
    Essexphil said:

But it will mean that he has lied to Parliament. And broken the Ministerial Code. Got to go.

Knowing how slippery Boris is, could his defence be the wording of his statements ( lies) in Parliament ? Eg, “ I thought it was a work gathering” 😏
  • Options
    tomgoodun said:

Essexphil said:

Knowing how slippery Boris is, could his defence be the wording of his statements ( lies) in Parliament ? Eg, “ I thought it was a work gathering” 😏
    I don't want my country being led by a man who doesn't know what is going on in his own back garden.

I am sure he will try that one. But it does not hold water:-

1. Why was his wife there?
    2. Why, if he only realised once he was there, did he just sit down and drink? You know, when he and his Wife were at a drinks gathering
    3. Why has he repeatedly said "no rules were broken" to Parliament? He is expecting the electorate, and Parliament, to believer that he had not received advice about this months ago? And that he has known fine well about this while lying to the House?
    4. This is just 1 of a series of similar incidents

When other people have been caught doing this sort of stuff, they have owned up. And paid up.

The man is a disgrace.
  • Options
    Essexphil said:

tomgoodun said:

Essexphil said:

I don't want my country being led by a man who doesn't know what is going on in his own back garden.

2. Why, if he only realised once he was there, did he just sit down and drink? You know, when he and his Wife were at a drinks gathering
    3. Why has he repeatedly said "no rules were broken" to Parliament? He is expecting the electorate, and Parliament, to believer that he had not received advice about this months ago? And that he has known fine well about this while lying to the House?

When other people have been caught doing this sort of stuff, they have owned up. And paid up.

The man is a disgrace.
    He is.

The police investigation has also turned out to be a bit of a joke.
    They werent investigating, then a couple of days later they were.
    They are now sending out questionnaires.
    This will enable them to group together, tell the same story, back each other up, and protect Boris.
    Ridiculous.
    Perhaps this is a new ploy from The Met.
    Instead of bothering to investigate crime, they will send out questionnaires so that the criminals get the opportunity to get their story straight.
    Do we have any leaders in this country?
  • Options
    HAYSIE said:

Essexphil said:

tomgoodun said:

Essexphil said:

The man is a disgrace.
    He is.

This will enable them to group together, tell the same story, back each other up, and protect Boris.
    Ridiculous.
    Instead of bothering to investigate crime, they will send out questionnaires so that the criminals get the opportunity to get their story straight.
    The "questionnaires" bit could be rather interesting. Depending on the questions of course. Because a PM is going to struggle with the old "no comment" bit. And indeed the old chestnut about self-incrimination.

Questions relating to the 4 points I made above would be fun...
  • Options
    Essexphil said:

HAYSIE said:

Essexphil said:

tomgoodun said:

Essexphil said:

The man is a disgrace.
    He is.

Ridiculous.
    The "questionnaires" bit could be rather interesting. Depending on the questions of course. Because a PM is going to struggle with the old "no comment" bit. And indeed the old chestnut about self-incrimination.

Questions relating to the 4 points I made above would be fun...
    Surely individual interviews would have been more effective?
  • Options
  • Options
    At least TWO ministers 'will quit ' if Boris Johnson is fined over Partygate by police for breaching Covid lockdown laws

Reports suggest at least two cabinet ministers could resign if Boris Johnson is handed a fixed penalty notice in relation to the partygate investigation being carried out by the Met police.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-10534025/At-TWO-cabinet-ministers-withdraw-support-Boris-fined-breaching-Covid-laws.html
  • Options
    Boris Johnson news – live: PM mulls ‘revenge reshuffle’ as police say officer responded to No 10 party alarm

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/uknews/boris-johnson-news-live-pm-mulls-revenge-reshuffle-as-police-say-officer-responded-to-no-10-party-alarm/ar-AAUc2sn?ocid=msedgntp
  • Options
  • Options
    edited February 2022
    It is a sad reflection on Boris that he shows no contrition for his role in all of this.

When someone like Rita Ora shows better judgment about how to act once caught out having just one party, then it is really time to go.

Rita Ora apologised profusely. And was still dropped for being deemed unworthy to be a Judge on some awful talent show. Not running the country.
  • Options
    Essexphil said:

It is a sad reflection on Boris that he shows no contrition for his role in all of this.

When someone like Rita Ora shows better judgment about how to act once caught out having just one party, then it is really time to go.

Rita Ora apologised profusely. And was still dropped for being deemed unworthy to be a Judge on some awful talent show. Not running the country.

He has no shame.
  • Options
    Essexphil said:

Met Police accused of bungling Downing Street parties investigation

https://uk.yahoo.com/news/met-police-accused-bungling-downing-151559917.html
  • Options
    Boris Johnson ‘first prime minister to be questioned under caution’ over Partygate

https://uk.yahoo.com/news/boris-johnson-first-prime-minister-000229882.html