You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

Next Conservative leader

Comments

• Options
    HAYSIEHAYSIE Member Posts: 32,039
    'I'll be back': Bullish Boris 'is telling aides that he thinks he'll be PM again within the next year' after teasing MPs: 'Mission largely accomplished... for now'

Boris Johnson has been privately saying he will make a comeback to Downing Street as soon as next year, according to his former aide Tim Montgomerie.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-11040529/Ill-Bullish-Boris-telling-aides-thinks-****-PM-year.html
  • Options
    'Sex pest' MP Chris Pincher's furious constituents want him GONE: Petition to oust shamed Tory is launched following scandal that led to Boris Johnson's resignation

Disgraced Conservative deputy chief whip Chris Pincher quit his role but didn't resign as an MP for Tamworth, Staffordshire, after the alleged groping in the Carlton Club in London on June 29.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-11040925/Sex-pest-MP-Chris-Pinchers-furious-constituents-want-GONE.html
  • Options
    VespaPXVespaPX Member Posts: 12,025
    It's like lying in a care home in the 70's, knowing Saville is no longer visiting.
    Then you hear the sound of a Didgeridoo coming up the corridor.
  • Options
    EssexphilEssexphil Member Posts: 7,999
    VespaPX said:

It's like lying in a care home in the 70's, knowing Saville is no longer visiting.
    Then you hear the sound of a Didgeridoo coming up the corridor.

Can you see what it is yet?
  • Options
  • Options
    Truss and Sunak shred each other in brutal BBC Tory leadership clash: Rishi attacks Liz for 'non-Conservative' £40bn tax cut vow and warns of soaring interest rates - as she brands him a 'bean-counter' who would crash the economy and bow to China
    Battle to replace Boris Johnson and enter Downing Street in September has been getting increasingly bitter
    Rishi Sunak and Liz Truss have clashed over immigration plans and who is taking hardest line against China
    The hopefuls have been facing off in a BBC TV debate as Tory members vote on who will be the next leader
    Follow the latest developments from the ferocious televised leadership clashes in the MailOnline live blog

With the battle to replace Boris Johnson turning increasingly nasty and polls showing he is trailing, Rishi Sunak came out fighting in a showdown on the BBC. The ex-Chancellor told Liz Truss it was 'not responsible', 'immoral' and 'not Conservative' to offer to cut taxes - something he has suggested cannot happen until Autumn next year. 'You've promised almost £40billion of unfunded tax cuts... everyone here will have to pick up the tab for that,' he said. But the Foreign Secretary hit back that she would reverse the increase in national insurance, and it made no sense to raise taxes during a global economic crisis. She said other states like the US were not lifting the tax burden, adding 'we are an outlier'. When Mr Sunak warned that interest rates could soar as a result of her policies, Ms Truss said: 'This is scaremongering.' But Mr Sunak jibed at her support for staying in the EU in 2016, saying: 'There was only one of us on the side of Remain Project Fear and it was not me.'

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-11047271/Liz-Truss-v-Rishi-Sunak-crucial-BBC-TV-debate-TONIGHT.html
  • Options
    Latest poll news:-

The Blonde Leading the Bland

Ye Gods. How excruciatingly bad was that!
  • Options
    Essexphil said:

DAN WOOTTON: Grassroot Tories are now rising up to protest the coup against Boris Johnson. After the anti-democratic Westminster plot to destroy him, party members MUST be allowed a vote on whether he should stay on as PM

DAN WOOTTON: Grassroot Tories are now rising up to protest the coup against Boris Johnson
    DAN WOOTTON: While you won't hear about it on the BBC or Sly News, something truly extraordinary is currently happening within the Conservatives. The grassroots of the party are rising up to express their immense displeasure at the brutal Westminster coup against Boris Johnson (pictured left) - a transformative and popular Prime Minister elected in a landslide election less than three years ago that enabled him to deliver Brexit, before being brought down following an unrelenting MSM campaign. In a protest that is plunging the leadership contest between Liz Truss and Rishi Sunak into crisis, 10,000 fully paid-up members - that's five per cent of the entire party so far - have signed a petition demanding they be given a chance to vote on whether Boris should stay as Prime Minister. And the revolt is growing today, with Boris ally and major Tory donor Lord Cruddas (pictured right) promising to pump his money, not into the party coffers, but rather the campaign to save BoJo.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-11047173/DAN-WOOTTON-Grassroot-Tories-rising-protest-coup-against-Boris-Johnson.html
  • Options
    Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 160,264
    Essexphil said:

Beyond awful.

I was hoping we could break the mould, but that was just politicians doing what they do best these days - avoiding awkward questions & refusing to give straight answers.
  • Options
  • Options
    Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 160,264
    HAYSIE said:
    A very wise decision by Ms Truss, Andrew Neil would eat her alive.
  • Options
  • Options
    DoublemeDoubleme Member Posts: 1,573
    its looking very very bad last time I checked the bookies had LIz Truss as over 80%!

we going to need a miracle to get Rishi.
  • Options
    Doubleme said:

its looking very very bad last time I checked the bookies had LIz Truss as over 80%!

We are going to get the PM that the Conservative Party Members vote for.

Rishi Sunak has tried to set out what he considers to be in the medium-long term benefit of the Country.

Whereas Liz Truss has set out what she considers to be the short-term benefit to the tiny sliver of the electorate that actually get a vote. And, of course, the short-term benefit to Liz Truss of being PM.

So-tax cuts and spending increases all round. Because people only think of what is best for themselves, in the short-term.

Will this likely make much difference in relation to Betting Regulation? No.

But I honestly believe that Truss will be a worse PM than Johnson.
  • Options
    DoublemeDoubleme Member Posts: 1,573
    Essexphil said:

Doubleme said:

Rishi Sunak has tried to set out what he considers to be in the medium-long term benefit of the Country.

Whereas Liz Truss has set out what she considers to be the short-term benefit to the tiny sliver of the electorate that actually get a vote. And, of course, the short-term benefit to Liz Truss of being PM.

So-tax cuts and spending increases all round. Because people only think of what is best for themselves, in the short-term.

Well I agree with you that putting the gambling thing aside Rishi is still the better candidate I am fortunate enough to have savings multiple places I can go and get as many or few hours as I want and also online poker all of which means the only way I cant pay my bills is if I just am not willing to work more.

However I do recognise there are people facing a genuine cost of living crises with everything going up. its one thing when people just cant afford to go and eat out or go to the pub as much as they used to be able to. Although that still hurts the economy at large, its another when there are people who literally cannot afford to pay their bills and feed themselves.

There are many issues firstly the world global economy has been built on compounding debt and there has been a looming crises due just because of the mathematics of this. We would eventually have hit significant problems without Brexit, Covid and the Russian situation but these issues only exacerbate the problems.

I do not know what the solutions are but simply trying to print money wont help. I noticed our currency has gone down in value against the dollar I dont remember seeing the Pound so low compared to the dollar before probably because economists dont rate Liz truss and it will devalue our currency which will have bigger problems long term.

As for the gambling issue I guess I dont really know I am worried about staking limits of £5 although its still not clear whether this will apply to poker or not depends on what article you read. I know Ian Duncan Smith is very anti gambling and he has fully backed Liz Truss because of conversations he has had with her about gambling so this is very worrying in that regard.

Rishi Sunaks position is not clear but based on impressions I get of the man I feel a lot safer with him in that regard. I guess only time will tell.

Russia is winning so hard right now it is terrifying if this was a football game they would be 9-1 at half time. I think this will have very negative effects for the future our best hope is that Russia conquer us rather then nuke us but that is a topic for another thread.
  • Options
    Essexphil said:

Doubleme said:

Do you think its all over?
    Best price on Truss 1/5, she is as short as 1/9 in a place.
    Best on Sunak 26/5.
    Keir Starmer should be happy.
  • Options